UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

M2 PACK - Phobias

+12
Yvanilde Panont
Gendry Marceline
sara jouad
b.ettoumi
Admin
Marion.LM
Laure PIQUEREAU
Mégane
Melody Gazengel
Clémence Giraud
Lea GRELLIER
Wissam
16 posters

Go down

M2 PACK - Phobias Empty M2 PACK - Phobias

Post by Wissam Thu Oct 18, 2018 3:36 pm

So we talk about Phobias Very Happy
Wissam
Wissam

Birthday : 1993-03-11

Back to top Go down

M2 PACK - Phobias Empty Re: M2 PACK - Phobias

Post by Lea GRELLIER Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:01 pm

Hello!

Regarding the theme "phobias" hum ... my biggest phobia are frogs. I can't explain why ... When there is heavy rain, and there is a frog in front of my house in the middle of the night, I put the full lighthouse on it and I honk. It can last a long time. I had to wait for 20 minutes for my brother to push her. And of course he was angry at me. At other time, I wanted to open the door and I heard a frog nearby. I screamed so loudly that it awoke my father. He was angry at me too. Not cool anyway?

Lea GRELLIER

Back to top Go down

Post by Clémence Giraud Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:05 pm

Hello,

Léa I think your fear is very problematic for people who live with you ahahahahah.
I Don't really have animals phobias (except for big spiders) but I have daily life phobias. For example I really hate and fear to be in competition with others people. A few years ago, I was afraid of being alone, I really needed someone to live with, so when I went on University I had a flatshare. But now it is the contrary, I really appreciate being alone. I think we really need to work on our phobias because it stop us to do things and live properly… Like Léa who can't go away from her house….
Clémence Giraud
Clémence Giraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Melody Gazengel Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:12 pm

Like many of us, my phobia is about insects! Mainly spiders, snakes and wasps / hornets: It's small and uncontrollable, these critters sneak around especially spiders and snakes! When I was young; around 6 I slept for a year in my parents' room because I had seen a spider in mine...now I live in a roommate in case... Laughing

This summer my daddy was attacked by asian hornets they were stung 5 times, we really got very scared!Because he wanted to kill one with the electric racket, bad idea, they are insects that communicate to each other and they attacked!

Another phoebe, it's to be alone in the street when it's late, anybody in the street, just few shady guys...but it's not really a phoebe anymore a fear! Otherwise I am up for everything that is sensation, the plane, the rides, the vacuum, the speed ... Very Happy

Melody Gazengel

Back to top Go down

M2 PACK - Phobias Empty FEAR M2 Pack

Post by Mégane Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:09 pm

Hello ! Very Happy
The fears can be overcome, with the motivation and if someone helps you.
I will said you how I overcome of certain fears.
When I was young I have a bike accident, I slipped up on the floor, and I had burn on the arm. So after few weeks, I was afraid to take my bike but we didn't give me a choice, and we repeat me to go on the bike. So I did it. I think if you have this kind of accident you have to try again as soon as you are better.  
An other time, I was degusting by spiders but during a party I want to impress a boy and when a spider was crossing the sofa, I took it with my hand and threw it. So try to impress someone can be an help ahah.
My last one experience to overcome my fears, is to study abroad. I was afraid to fail and to don’t have enough monney.  But even if my level english was not suffisant I was so excited to improve me. And in fact, a lot of people studied abroad without to be good in english in the beginning. And I was thinking, that to fail my semester was not as important as to travel and learn. In more, I earned monney by myself during the holidays, and work in mc donnald is a good way to find monney quickly.
That are my experiences about fears, there is no reason to live with fears. Exchange with people that make something that scary you (travel alone, drive a motorbike, fear of animals) and try to overcome it. If you want fear can disappear.
Do you think some fears are impossible to overcome ?

Last edited by Mégane on Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Mégane
Mégane

Back to top Go down

Post by Wissam Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:10 pm

Like Melody, i have Arachnophobia ( http://phobialist.com Wink ). One night I came back home and Something black striked my sight on the wall. I got closer, and closer, and closer… and the Spider was as big as a computer mouse ( bit.ly/2CS12Kk a cute hamster ).

I (might) also have  : Atomosophobia - Chemophobia - Chiroptophobia - Coimetrophobia - Cryophobia - Demonophobia - Ergasiophobia - Hadephobia - Hexakosioihexekontahexaphobia - Hippopotomonstrosesquipedaliophobia Shocked ) - Isopterophobia - Katsaridaphobia - Nucleomituphobia - Satanophobia.

Wikipedia classifies the phobias in categories, so you can search for your phobias more esealy.

affraid what are your phobies ?

Wissam
Wissam

Back to top Go down

Post by Laure PIQUEREAU Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:47 pm

I don't have to be like everyone else, my phobia is about mask, Halloween, clowns… I really hate it.

When I was a little girl, my friends tried to scare me with theirs costumes. Since then, I’ve been completely scare in front of disguise. I should point out that I wasn’t even come nearer to Santa Claus. When I think about it, I’m thinking that it’s very crazy for a child…

Today, I understand this fear. I think it’s because I don’t see the real faces of people in disguise. It's like they have something to hide or they want to hurt me.

But every year, I am very apprehensive about the end of the year with Halloween and Christmas but every year I fight this fear!
And I hope one day I couldn't have been afraid of that!! Wink

Laure PIQUEREAU

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion.LM Thu Oct 18, 2018 6:50 pm

Mégane wrote:Hello ! Very Happy
I will introduce the subject of « Fear », there are different kinds : fear of animals, of situations for example. But if you have the motivation to change and if someone helps you, the fears can be overcome.
When I was young I have a bike accident, I slipped up on the floor, and I had burn on the arm. So after few weeks, I was afraid to take my bike but we didn't give me a choice, and we repeat me to go on the bike. So I did it. I think if you have this kind of accident you have to try again as soon as you are better.  
An other time, I was degusting by spiders but during a party I want to impress a boy and when a spider was crossing the sofa, I took it with my hand and threw it. So try to impress someone can be an help ahah.
My last one experience to overcome my fears, is to study abroad. I was afraid to fail and to don’t have enough monney.  But even if my level english was not suffisant I was so excited to improve me. And in fact, a lot of people studied abroad without to be good in english in the beginning. And I was thinking, that to fail my semester was not as important as to travel and learn. In more, I earned monney by myself during the holidays, and work in mc donnald is a good way to find monney quickly.
That are my experiences about fears, there is no reason to live with fears. Exchange with people that make something that scary you (travel alone, drive a motorbike, fear of animals) and try to overcome it. If you want fear can disappear.

When I don't arrive to do something: I say me all the time (french expreesion) : if you fall from the horse you have to go back up !
I admire your determination to impress a boy !!!!! Personally, I can't overcome the fear of spiders.....my mom say me all the time that it's ridiculous but I can't control it. Neutral Neutral

Marion.LM

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion.LM Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:20 pm

Hiii,
Like lots of people, I can read it on your post....the fear of spiders...more the big spiders very hairy and with a big body.

I will tell us a very disgusting sorry. I was sitting on my bed, I was working on my classes. I saw "something" very black and with lots of legs which was running on the floor. You can guess what it was : a spider. I said me, "Marion, you are a big girl, not a child, you have to do something", it's ridiculous. So, I decided to affront the reincarnation of the devil, this spider. I took my slipper, took my courage in my hands and swated the animal. But, in this moment, lots of babies spiders (like 50 babies spiders) go out the spider mom body !! There were lots of spiders on the floor, which are running in all my room. The big spider had babies inside her and the pression they go out of the womb !!!!

Like Laure, I don't like clown, it's horrible human !! bounce

A friend said me that his father is afraid of bridges (The fear of the empty, I suppose). So he can't take bridge with his car, cross an "empty area". It's a very big problem and I think phobias can take the "control" of your life. She said me that her father's fear is increasing with his age......

Marion.LM

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:13 am

Lea GRELLIER wrote:Hello!

Regarding the theme "phobias" hum ... my biggest phobia are frogs. I can't  explain why ... When there is heavy rain, and there is a frog in front of my house in the middle of the night, I put the full lighthouse on it and I honk. It can last a long time. I had to wait for 20 minutes for my brother to push her. And of course he was angry at me. At other time, I wanted to open the door and I heard a frog nearby. I screamed so loudly that it awoke my father. He was angry at me too. Not cool anyway?

lighthouse is "phare" but the type out in the sea (or on the coast) on a car they are called "full beam headlights".

It's funny that you have a Frog phobia since as you probably know the English nickname for the French is Frogs. Therefore you are a frog. Smile
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:20 am

Laure PIQUEREAU wrote:I don't have to be like everyone else, my phobia is about mask, Halloween, clowns… I really hate it.

When I was a little girl, my friends tried to scare me with theirs costumes. Since then, I’ve been completely scare in front of disguise. I should point out that I wasn’t even come nearer to Santa Claus. When I think about it, I’m thinking that it’s very crazy for a child…

Today, I understand this fear. I think it’s because I don’t see the real faces of people in disguise. It's like they have something to hide or they want to hurt me.

But every year, I am very apprehensive about the end of the year with Halloween and Christmas but every year I fight this fear!
And I hope one day I couldn't have been afraid of that!!  Wink

Fear of clowns is apparently very common. My question for you is do you have a fear of muslims wearing the hijab?

Next week should be fun for you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:23 am

Marion Le Moullec wrote:
Mégane wrote:Hello ! Very Happy
I will introduce the subject of « Fear », there are different kinds : fear of animals, of situations for example. But if you have the motivation to change and if someone helps you, the fears can be overcome.

When I don't arrive to do something: I say me all the time (french expreesion) : if you fall from the horse you have to go back up !
I admire your determination to impress a boy !!!!! Personally, I can't overcome the fear of spiders.....my mom say me all the time that it's ridiculous but I can't control it. Neutral Neutral

Your "French" expression is almost identical to the English expression. I wonder if it is French or English or came from some other language.

As for spiders - another incredibly common phobia - when I was young I had a "fear" of spiders but once I had children I realised how stupid these phobias are and I went around picking up spiders and putting them "outside" so that they could live happily - in the past I would simply have killed them.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Wissam Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:09 pm

Admin wrote:
Laure PIQUEREAU wrote:I don't have to be like everyone else, my phobia is about mask, Halloween, clowns… I really hate it.

Fear of clowns is apparently very common. My question for you is do you have a fear of muslims wearing the hijab?

Did you ask if she had phobia of hijab, the dress (hijabophobia) ? or the muslims (islamophobia) ?
Wissam
Wissam

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:50 am

Wissam wrote:
Admin wrote:

Did you ask if she had phobia of hijab, the dress (hijabophobia) ? or the muslims (islamophobia) ?

I asked about the hijab but I didn't mean a hijab, I meant a burka.

Laure talked about a fear of not being able to see people's faces and I wondered if that was also shown through their choice of dress.

Obviously the fact that the person is Muslim is irrelevant.

I guess I could ask if she is frightened by surgeons too. clown
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by b.ettoumi Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:55 am

Hello everyone,

I think phobias are a serious matter, people with phobias should consider seeking help because it can affect their quality of life and sometimes even affect people close to them. That said, people should stop mistaking rational fears for phobias, being afraid of a shark for example isn't a phobia, it's just common sense.

For my part, i can't say that i have any phobias, maybe fears sometimes but not irrational ones, so there's nothing i can talk about experiencewise.

If i had to chose something that i'm "constantly" afraid of, this meme definitely sums it up:
M2 PACK - Phobias Screen10

Fun fact: Phobophobia is a thing, and yeah, it's the fear of phobias.
b.ettoumi
b.ettoumi

Back to top Go down

Post by sara jouad Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:08 pm

Good evening everyone,
I've read all of your interventions, for some I can understand theire phobias and they should get professional help to overcome their fear. For me i was thinking if i have any phobias wich I don't.

sara jouad

Back to top Go down

Post by Gendry Marceline Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:32 pm

hi,

Like many of you, I have a phobia of spiders. I couldn't explain why, maybe it's because they have 8 paw, or hairy body, I do not know. But that's what characterizes a phobia, the irrational fear of something that is safe. There is so much phobia ranging from the phobia of the insects to the phobia of the small holes, through the phobia of the garden gnomes. Irrational fears that can be very disabling in certain situations.
For me, the phobia of spiders isn't a big problem in itself, except when one of them decide to come in my home, there it becomes problematic. Because I can't enter the room as long as she is not dead. Crying or Very sad
Gendry Marceline
Gendry Marceline

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvanilde Panont Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:38 am

My phobia is to finish spinster... What a Face
Yvanilde Panont
Yvanilde Panont

Birthday : 1993-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Eudes de Geyer d'Orth Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:48 am

This topic is not easy to talk about,

Unlike you i don't really have phobia ! i can't say that if i see one day a 1 meter spider in front of me i won't be scary but in a great majority of case spiders, snakes or bugs don't disturb me bounce

I don't have irrational fear that paralyze me, so phobia is not the good word, but i have great fear that i have to manage in my life.
I'm afraid of die too young and don't live enough thing Suspect I really have the fear to get a serious illeness ! so i try to practice sport 5 days a week and reduce my cigarette consumption to be in good health.
But we can't control our time to die, so i just have to manage my life, live all experience as possible to be sure to not have regrets Surprised
Eudes de Geyer d'Orth
Eudes de Geyer d'Orth

Back to top Go down

Post by Wissam Wed Oct 24, 2018 1:31 pm

Don't ask yourself existential questions and live simply. You think you have phobia when people tell you you have one.
Don't stay with negative people. Always try to make the positive of every situation and at the same time, you keep your problems in the back of your head, i don't know how but don't let your phobias eat you.
I overcomed my phobia of little jumping spiders, but i still have to manage encounter bigger ones, like in my previous post. (up)

There is also the environement : if it's day time, i will be less likely to fear of spiders.

Wissam
Wissam

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanny Khader Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:08 pm

Hello !!
I'm affraid of bees, bumblebees and hornets... It's strange because I never got stung but I don't like them! I know they are important for our planet haha but if they could not come near me it's better! When there is one close to me I scream and I move everywhere, even if I know that you don't have to move haha
Fanny Khader
Fanny Khader

Back to top Go down

Post by Florine VIAUD Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:26 pm

hey there,

For me it's kind the same thing than Eudes, I really don't have phobias, nothing in particular scares me so much that I panic or I can't move. So I don't really understand phobias because I haven't experienced any, but I think, after reading your phobias and experiences, phobias can be difficult and crippling like Laure, with her fear of masks and the situations she has to avoid because she can not face them. And I don't know if there something that can be done so phobias can be less problematic or difficult to face up.

Florine VIAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Laure PIQUEREAU Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:50 pm

Admin wrote:
Wissam wrote:
Admin wrote:

Laure talked about a fear of not being able to see people's faces and I wondered if that was also shown through their choice of dress.

Wissam, do not confuse disguise with religious dress. I respect all signs of religion and I have not really known people with a burka (for example), because it's not allowed in France (i think).
John, about the hijab, I have no problem with that. It's just in the disguise that I'm afraid.

Laure PIQUEREAU

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Yee Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:59 pm

Hi guys,

About phobias, I don't really have one like Florine and Eudes. However, there are things that I hate like cockroach, earthworm, centipede, spider and lizard, and it's not an extrem fear like a trauma near to the case of Laure. It's possible for me to see and kill them ! Of course I will scream so hard if there's one of them near me or if they're touching me, it makes me feel sick !
Aurélie Yee
Aurélie Yee

Back to top Go down

Post by Wissam Thu Oct 25, 2018 10:24 pm

Laure PIQUEREAU wrote:
Admin wrote:
Wissam wrote:
Admin wrote:

Wissam, do not confuse disguise with religious dress. I respect all signs of religion and I have not really known people with a burka (for example), because it's not allowed in France (i think).
John, about the hijab, I have no problem with that. It's just in the disguise that I'm afraid.

Ok Laure. Sorry if I wasn't clear. My intention was just to know what John asked because I was also shocked by the question.

Thanks for your answer though.
Wissam
Wissam

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down