Group A Week 4 Discussion

Go down

Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Admin on Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:35 am

I can't remember what we decided (if we decided anything). Someone please start an interesting discussion here.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3196
Points : 5469
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Léa ABREU on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:35 pm

We think that the subject : "does karma really exist ?" could be interesting to talk about. So, let's start ! Smile
avatar
Léa ABREU

Posts : 20
Points : 81
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Ravahiti on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:44 pm

Good subject ! In my point of view, Karma does exist and does not like me at all. I hope that the wheel of fortune turns ! For me bad people will have a bad karma and good people will have a good karma.. So I try to be a good person in order to keep my karma nice !
So John, if you want to have a good karma you have to give us good grades !! Thank youuuu

Ravahiti

Posts : 6
Points : 68
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2018-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Admin on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:45 pm

Léa ABREU wrote:We think that the subject : "does karma really exist ?" could be interesting to talk about. So, let's start ! Smile

Sounds good.

Without answering your question yet, I find that ladies believe more in karma than men.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3196
Points : 5469
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Admin on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Ravahiti wrote:Good subject ! In my point of view, Karma does exist and does not like me at all. I hope that the wheel of fortune turns ! For me bad people will have a bad karma and good people will have a good karma.. So I try to be a good person in order to keep my karma nice !
So John, if you want to have a good karma you have to give us good grades !! Thank youuuu

muhahaha.

I don't believe in karma. There are too many good people with bad lives and even more bad people with great lives. Sad
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3196
Points : 5469
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Jordan Besson on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:53 pm

"In the circle of life
It's the wheel of fortune"... Hey guys this week is my subject because I think Karma exist because I don't have chance in my life. Karma is a bitch ! If I could talk to it, I will tell him:" F*** Y** ". More seriously, I think karma is a kind of spirit but more precisely karma is in my life when I provoke him.
For example, if I don't like somebody I am being critical...
My friends... or not... I would like to say you : "pay more attention to appearances because Karma is nearest you...
Have a good Halloween Smile
avatar
Jordan Besson

Posts : 11
Points : 73
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2018-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Léa ABREU on Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:56 pm

I totally agree with Ravahiti ! "Good" people will reward for their good behavior and "bad" punish for being nasty. But as everyone knows good or bad doesn't exist.. You can't just be a "good" person or a "bad" person, everyone makes mistakes and bad choices... But maybe karma is a good tool to put people back on track ?

As Ravahiti, I am trying to be a good person, generous and kind, not only because of Karma, but because I am convince that if you are nice to people, people will be nice to you, and everyone will be more happy !

Morality : be nice with your fellow, and your fellow will be nice with you !
avatar
Léa ABREU

Posts : 20
Points : 81
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Admin on Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:08 am

Léa ABREU wrote:I totally agree with Ravahiti ! "Good" people will reward for their good behavior and "bad" punish for being nasty. But as everyone knows good or bad doesn't exist.. You can't just be a "good" person or a "bad" person, everyone makes mistakes and bad choices... But maybe karma is a good tool to put people back on track ?

As Ravahiti, I am trying to be a good person, generous and kind, not only because of Karma, but because I am convince that if you are nice to people, people will be nice to you, and everyone will be more happy !

Morality : be nice with your fellow, and your fellow will be nice with you !

Or they will use your "niceness" against you to their advantage. No
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3196
Points : 5469
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Isaure Ayrault-Roy on Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:35 pm

I don’t really believe in Karma, but I believe that things don’t happened by chance or by coincidence. I think that, like you said before, sometimes bad things happened to good people and vice versa.
But I believe in « If that happens to you, it's because it was supposed to happen to you. ». I don’ know if it’s « really real » or not, but it helps me mentally when I have some problems.
I explain myself, if something happened to you, something bad for exemple, you need to « draw the right conclusions » and go forward. As if life wanted to teach me something. Life makes us experience things, good or bad thing, and I have to learn from it. I can't really explain this philosophy. It’s just like bad or good things happened but it's not up to us or to Karma, it's up to life. It’s up to us to know how to cash them.

Isaure Ayrault-Roy

Posts : 17
Points : 79
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2018-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by ELISANGELA on Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:39 pm

No, I don't believe in Kharma because I don't believe in successive incarnations. I share the same opinion as Isaure. It is not rare we see bad people having good things or reaching what they want or good people facing hard moments.

What I believe is that a problem you have to deal with will never be bigger than your power to overcome it, and when you had solved it or when it had ended (because sometimes there is nothing we can do, we just need to be patient), you'll be stronger and if you are wise, you'll learn from it and move on.

I also believe we pay for our choices, not materially speaking but in our souls and minds.

ELISANGELA

Posts : 18
Points : 80
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2018-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Damaye Alexis on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:01 am

I don't believe in karma me neither : as you said bad things happen to good peoples and good things happen to bad persons. I have some examples each day and its like that since my birth. If karma exists why it lets the life of many people so unfair ?
avatar
Damaye Alexis

Posts : 14
Points : 80
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2018-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Meghane Cren on Sat Oct 27, 2018 12:17 pm

Ah karma, what subject. How to say, what to say? "What you do, we'll make you." Some believe it, others do not. For my part: I believe because I suffer daily! Whenever I tried to play my brothers, every time I tried to cheat, everything turned against me. Every time. But I have a question: why when they attacked me they did not pay it? Calimero * *
Joking aside, what I like in the idea of "karma" is that it automatically becomes motivating to try to act well, to do good deeds. It has a deterrent effect.
avatar
Meghane Cren

Posts : 16
Points : 78
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2018-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by farah ayedi on Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:44 pm

For me, I don't really believe in karma because everyday we see examples in our daily life which prove the inequality of life, as you all said for example good people with bad lives and bad people with good lives. But if the existence of karma will push people to be nice and do better in their lives, that's will be a good reason.
Have a nice holiday Very Happy
avatar
farah ayedi

Posts : 15
Points : 72
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2018-09-28
Age : 23
Location : Tunisia

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Cédric Bourgeois on Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:08 pm

About Karma, I don't know. But I think that when we do some bad things we will always have a return.
Like this for exemple: https://www.francetvinfo.fr/societe/bayonne-un-torero-grievement-blesse-par-un-taureau-lors-de-la-corrida-de-la-feria-de-l-atlantique_2921031.html
If some peoples love to play with the danger and love to doing evil they will always lose one day.

I think that the the best solution to avoid Karma is to be a good person and not to try to be a jerk with the others...
avatar
Cédric Bourgeois

Posts : 15
Points : 78
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-19
Age : 23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Victor Chevalier on Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:38 am

For me, i don't know. It is difficult to say the karma exist. Because he happens good things to bad person and he happens bad things to good person.
if the karma exist, i agree with Cedric, for avoid the karma,we have to be a good person and not a idiot.

Victor Chevalier

Posts : 8
Points : 65
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2018-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Axelle Cantone on Wed Oct 31, 2018 8:26 pm

To be honest, about karma, I'm mixed. On the one hand, as most of you say, bad people sometimes have beautiful lives and "good" people, deserving and loyal, sometimes have bad lives, which is totally unfair.
But on the other hand, I think karma can exist. It takes time and even sometimes a lot of time, but bad people always end up to pay the price for the evil that they do around them.

Axelle Cantone

Posts : 24
Points : 82
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2018-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:50 am

Axelle Cantone wrote:To be honest, about karma, I'm mixed. On the one hand, as most of you say, bad people sometimes have beautiful lives and "good" people, deserving and loyal, sometimes have bad lives, which is totally unfair.
But on the other hand, I think karma can exist. It takes time and even sometimes a lot of time, but bad people always end up to pay the price for the evil that they do around them.

Do they really?

And good people always end up benefitting?

The idea of karma can only be true if you believe in an afterlife in my opinion and you think that you are going to get your payment for life on earth there. More than likely the idea was created by a very rich or very bad man (or of course religion to make the peasants do what the church wanted them to.) Suspect
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3196
Points : 5469
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Léa Aupetit on Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:23 am

Is Karma the fact that I was just coming back to see my parents during the holidays in order to get free awesome food and on my way home, my car's tire flated ?
A great way to begin your pedagogical break!

To me Karma is something people believe in or not but it's to reassure themselves. We don't live in a fair world where people will receive good "points" if they always do good things. People are lucky or not, and sometimes you are the one the world is going at you fiercely. It's just coincidence but if you want to take it as a sign, feel free to follow it Smile
I'm the negative type of people so I think sometimes "bad" people end up without any problems or negative vibes coming back to your face Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

As John said I agree it's something created to please the church and make people fear their afterlife and push them to always do the right.

Léa Aupetit

Posts : 20
Points : 82
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2018-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Axelle Cantone on Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:13 pm

Admin wrote:
Axelle Cantone wrote:To be honest, about karma, I'm mixed. On the one hand, as most of you say, bad people sometimes have beautiful lives and "good" people, deserving and loyal, sometimes have bad lives, which is totally unfair.
But on the other hand, I think karma can exist. It takes time and even sometimes a lot of time, but bad people always end up to pay the price for the evil that they do around them.

Do they really?

And good people always end up benefitting?

The idea of karma can only be true if you believe in an afterlife in my opinion and you think that you are going to get your payment for life on earth there. More than likely the idea was created by a very rich or very bad man (or of course religion to make the peasants do what the church wanted them to.) Suspect

Hi John, I agree with the fact that it was created to "push" people to make choices or acts. The example you give with the peasants is a perfect illustration.
But in my opinion, even in real life, not only in an afterlife, people who harm others, always end up paying for it.

Axelle Cantone

Posts : 24
Points : 82
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2018-09-23

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Marina Di Cocco on Tue Nov 06, 2018 7:04 pm

I would like to believe in karma.. It's would be nice that bad things happens only to bad people but sadly it's not the case. When we see all these horrible things everyday that happens we can't believe in karma in my opinion.
On the other hand I believe that one day, all the harm we can do to others will turn against us, maybe it's the better way to be the best person that you can Smile
avatar
Marina Di Cocco

Posts : 13
Points : 62
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-10-02

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Group A Week 4 Discussion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum