discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Go down

discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:28 pm







avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3314
Points : 5604
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by Matthieu Morisset on Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:33 pm

Hi Guys,

John is that the four horseman of the Apocalypse ?

As for myself, i think that if we keep going on like this we'll see an apocalypse with the climatic warming. Hope we will figure out how to change that, atleast take some measures to reduce our bad impact on the world.

Have good holidays everyone !
avatar
Matthieu Morisset

Posts : 41
Points : 496
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by Mayra Fernandes on Mon Oct 29, 2018 5:49 pm

Hey, people!

I guess we all have in our heads the idea of an apocalypse envolving balls of fires coming from the sky, earthquackes open the ground, everything is dark, until everything just explodes and there is nothing else. This biblical version of the apocalypse makes us think that no matter what we do, we are doomed to witness the end of the world.

The problem is that the end is already happening, everyday. We as human kind are destroying every piece of nature left, we are killing animals and people, and we don't care about anything but money and profits. We are not going to die fast and at once, we are going to languish with a lot of different diseases caused by the air we breath, the food we eat and the life we have.

Experts already said there is no going back from everything we destroy in the nature, so I thing human kind went wrong and we will have the end of the world we deserve, slow and painful.

Sorry about my depression, after the elections in Brazil I don't have hope anymore. Crying or Very sad

Mayra Fernandes

Posts : 39
Points : 493
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by Admin on Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:22 pm

Matthieu Morisset wrote:Hi Guys,

John is that the four horseman of the Apocalypse ?

Have good holidays everyone !

Yeah, from the Koran I think.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3314
Points : 5604
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by Admin on Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:23 pm

Mayra Fernandes wrote:Hey, people!

I guess we all have in our heads the idea of an apocalypse envolving balls of fires coming from the sky, earthquackes open the ground, everything is dark, until everything just explodes and there is nothing else. This biblical version of the apocalypse makes us think that no matter what we do, we are doomed to witness the end of the world.

The problem is that the end is already happening, everyday. We as human kind are destroying every piece of nature left, we are killing animals and people, and we don't care about anything but money and profits. We are not going to die fast and at once, we are going to languish with a lot of different diseases caused by the air we breath, the food we eat and the life we have.

Experts already said there is no going back from everything we destroy in the nature, so I thing human kind went wrong and we will have the end of the world we deserve, slow and painful.

Sorry about my depression, after the elections in Brazil I don't have hope anymore. Crying or Very sad

Don't worry Mayra you are in France. France is impervious to the end of the world. Angouleme will exist forever.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3314
Points : 5604
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by Nolwenn Lautredou on Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi everybody !

I hope you're enjoying your vacations.

I didn't vote for this topic, I was for the bears...

The first question which comes up in my head is : what kind of end are you thinking about ?
War ? Natural disaster ? Alien invasion ?

In my thinking, the end of the world will happen because of the climate. And the process is accelerating itself every year. I totally agree with Mayra that the end is already happening. Look, when we arrived on Earth, the were more animal species than today. Last year, WWF took a census of vertebrate animals and they noticed that the half disappeared the last 40 years because of human activity.
Unfortunately, I think it is impossible to change human behavior...especially at the world scale.

Maybe we can believe that when our world will be destroyed, another live cycle will appear. Anyway, w'ell all be dead !

All my thoughts are towards Brazilians and John, I hope you agree and Angoulême will always be here (and the CEPE too)  I love you
avatar
Nolwenn Lautredou

Posts : 50
Points : 505
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by Florine Bouchet on Wed Oct 31, 2018 11:20 pm

Nono I'm so disappointed too because I was also for the reintroduction of bears in Pyrenees... ahaha

For me the end of the world is more an invasion of aliens who eat all the humans on the planet (By doing a lot of nightmares I have a lot of imagination...). My biggest fear would be to find myself completely alone like Will Smith in the movie "I Am Legend"... I hate being alone already in life so I can't even imagine if something like that happened to me Sad I also saw a report that said that if the human species will disappear we would be replaced by rats, BY RATS that it's just terrible for me.

Well, If I am more rational I agree that the measures against global warming and the preservation of nature are insufficient and I don't think that things will change over time as much as necessary...


Florine Bouchet

Posts : 47
Points : 500
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS on Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:54 am

Hi all!

What a sad subject... who decided to talk about that aha?

I don't like to think about how the world will end, even if I know it will probably happen one day, I don't think we will be able to witness it, unless we decide to frozen our dead body until someone find a solution to ressucitate the death aha!

However, it is interesting to think about how the planet could disapear and what will be next in an unrealistic way, since we all know that it will probably be the result of an asteroid or an ecological tragedy.

I'm not really a religious believer so I do not think the end of the world will look like the last judgement...but I like apocalyptic movies! Do you remember in 2012 when there was this prophecy about the maya calendar? If only they could have known that it would led to an Hollywood blockbuster!

I agree with you John, I like to think that the end of the world would look like Angouleme being the last place on earth, with the CEPE as the new White House and Ines leading us all, what a scary scenario for the next big Hollywood movie!

(by the way Mayra, I'm soo sorry for the elections in Brazil...)
avatar
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Posts : 74
Points : 527
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by Matthieu Morisset on Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:04 pm

Admin wrote:
Matthieu Morisset wrote:Hi Guys,

John is that the four horseman of the Apocalypse ?

Have good holidays everyone !

Yeah, from the Koran I think.

Yup, i suppose too cause it's supposed to be 4 horses.
avatar
Matthieu Morisset

Posts : 41
Points : 496
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by maelys fouche on Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:13 pm

Hi guys

The end of the world is a scary thing, really really scary!!! I can't imagine how the world would be without any trees, flowers, animals, (humans lol! ).. I used to watch the Walking dead or the last season of American horror story and I would not like to live in their world. When I was watching the Walking dead I dreamt of this world. I was chased by zombies who wanted to kill me with the aim of eating me, horrific dream..Evil or Very Mad
To talk seriously about this topic, I think the end of the world or at least the end of an age will come later (later, later). I don't thing the world will be invaded by monsters or anything like that but I believe in an end of the world as arrived to the dinosaurs. By this I meant rain of meteorites, earthquakes and so on. I'm pretty agree with Nolween about humans destroying the Earth, animals and vegetation. In a such way, we can consider human being as factor of diminution of our world...
avatar
maelys fouche

Posts : 50
Points : 502
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by joachim natali on Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:06 am

Hi everyone,

Personally, Like Mayra and Nolwenn, I think we are already living the end of the world. Animals disappear days after days, in few years our children we will not be able to know a world with bears, elephant, rhinoceros, tigers, penguin, dolphin, turtle... The Arctic and Antarctic shrink. the Amazon forest, the lungs of the earth is sacrificed for economic aspects.
If people and governments do not act, it will get worse, and create another problem, like climate refugees.
avatar
joachim natali

Posts : 39
Points : 491
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by Andrea AROSTEGUY on Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:40 pm

Hi !

I don't like this subject...
But, I think the principal thing who destroyed the planet it will be the humanbeing. We are too much in the Earth and we use all the planet's ressources. So, one day we will haven't more things to survive and we gonna die...
Maybe, it will be better for the planet Smile

Andrea AROSTEGUY

Posts : 62
Points : 520
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2017-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by Nardin MARZOUK on Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:51 pm

Hi everyone,
I agree with Mayra, Nolwenn & many of you. The end of the world isn't something that is going to start, it has already begun and human race will suffer for what it has done with the nature and animals. We will spend more on keeping our health in a good state. I imagine that one day people will have to carry out their oxygen to breath because our "natural" air will be so polluted. Joachim brought up an idea that never came to my mind which is "climate refugees", I think this will probably be the situation in the future.
It's very bad to see how humans abused the planet to this extent.
Anyway, Angouleme & the cepe will exist forever Cool

Nardin MARZOUK

Posts : 5
Points : 98
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by Mayra Fernandes on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:27 pm

Admin wrote:
Mayra Fernandes wrote:Hey, people!

I guess we all have in our heads the idea of an apocalypse envolving balls of fires coming from the sky, earthquackes open the ground, everything is dark, until everything just explodes and there is nothing else. This biblical version of the apocalypse makes us think that no matter what we do, we are doomed to witness the end of the world.

The problem is that the end is already happening, everyday. We as human kind are destroying every piece of nature left, we are killing animals and people, and we don't care about anything but money and profits. We are not going to die fast and at once, we are going to languish with a lot of different diseases caused by the air we breath, the food we eat and the life we have.

Experts already said there is no going back from everything we destroy in the nature, so I thing human kind went wrong and we will have the end of the world we deserve, slow and painful.

Sorry about my depression, after the elections in Brazil I don't have hope anymore. Crying or Very sad

Don't worry Mayra you are in France. France is impervious to the end of the world. Angouleme will exist forever.

Wow John, you really know how to cheer someone up Rolling Eyes

Mayra Fernandes

Posts : 39
Points : 493
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by ClémentJaunay on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:38 pm

Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS wrote:Hi all!

What a sad subject... who decided to talk about that aha?

It was democracy. Like Trump, Bolsonaro and Macron.

Andrea AROSTEGUY wrote:Hi !

I don't like this subject...


santa

I'm quite pessimistic about the world's future. When I see some leaders like Trump or Bolsonaro saying "oh it's a fake, and if it's not, God will save us" lol! Or when Macron's government allows to dig a new mine in a very fragile environnement... We have too much things, we make too much things... The human's consumption is destroying every square metter of our (only) planet. I read that only 23% of continents and 13% of oceans&seas are wild (no human activities)...

We will suffocate and die in pain, and we are for sure one of the last generations of humans before the earth becomes totally hostile to life. If we don't die in a sort of nuclear war. lol!

ClémentJaunay

Posts : 48
Points : 499
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:39 pm

Mayra Fernandes wrote:
Admin wrote:
Mayra Fernandes wrote:Hey, people!

I guess we all have in our heads the idea of an apocalypse envolving balls of fires coming from the sky, earthquackes open the ground, everything is dark, until everything just explodes and there is nothing else. This biblical version of the apocalypse makes us think that no matter what we do, we are doomed to witness the end of the world.

The problem is that the end is already happening, everyday. We as human kind are destroying every piece of nature left, we are killing animals and people, and we don't care about anything but money and profits. We are not going to die fast and at once, we are going to languish with a lot of different diseases caused by the air we breath, the food we eat and the life we have.

Experts already said there is no going back from everything we destroy in the nature, so I thing human kind went wrong and we will have the end of the world we deserve, slow and painful.

Sorry about my depression, after the elections in Brazil I don't have hope anymore. Crying or Very sad

Don't worry Mayra you are in France. France is impervious to the end of the world. Angouleme will exist forever.

Wow John, you really know how to cheer someone up Rolling Eyes

Well we all know that your President (according to you) is either going to sell or cut down the Amazon Forest - the lungs of the planet - and then man will be almost wiped out. Of course that won't be the end of the world though - just a new beginning for the planet. Who knows, in time, maybe man will re-evolve (or be placed on the land by God again) and we can try to actually destroy the planet rather than just ourselves.

I won't cry either way. If I can get another 40 or 50 decent years out of the planet that'll do me. clown
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3314
Points : 5604
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:41 pm

ClémentJaunay wrote:
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS wrote:Hi all!

What a sad subject... who decided to talk about that aha?

It was democracy. Like Trump, Bolsonaro and Macron.

Andrea AROSTEGUY wrote:Hi !

I don't like this subject...


santa

I'm quite pessimistic about the world's future. When I see some leaders like Trump or Bolsonaro saying "oh it's a fake, and if it's not, God will save us" lol! Or when Macron's government allows to dig a new mine in a very fragile environnement... We have too much things, we make too much things... The human's consumption is destroying every square metter of our (only) planet. I read that only 23% of continents and 13% of oceans&seas are wild (no human activities)...

We will suffocate and die in pain, and we are for sure one of the last generations of humans before the earth becomes totally hostile to life. If we don't die in a sort of nuclear war. lol!

It'll be all your fault then. My generation were just ignorant Suspect
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3314
Points : 5604
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by ClémentJaunay on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:43 pm

That's not true John. Scientists are aware of human's activity dangers since fourty years if not more! Evil or Very Mad

ClémentJaunay

Posts : 48
Points : 499
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by Admin on Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:47 pm

ClémentJaunay wrote:That's not true John. Scientists are aware of human's activity dangers since fourty years if not more! Evil or Very Mad

Scientists! pah! What does the Roman Catholic church say?

However YOU are aware of the dangers and yet still you consume and consume. Earth Killer! affraid
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3314
Points : 5604
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by ClémentJaunay on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:00 pm

Admin wrote:
ClémentJaunay wrote:That's not true John. Scientists are aware of human's activity dangers since fourty years if not more! Evil or Very Mad

Scientists! pah! What does the Roman Catholic church say?

However YOU are aware of the dangers and yet still you consume and consume. Earth Killer! affraid

My carbon print is in a very low average! I keep my technological devices as long as possible, I turn off them by night (excepted the fridge), and I walk as much as possible or with public transports when I need to go somewhere... As we said in class, basic people can't save the world if the big industries do nothing. Sad

ClémentJaunay

Posts : 48
Points : 499
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by Narimane Ayad on Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi everyone,

Sorry for answering so late !

The end of the world is a subject of debate, and every single person has its own beliefs and ideas.
I learnt that this happen when some indicators show up. One of them is the coming back of Jesus. Then, it will have a fight between him and "EL MEHDI EL MOUNTADHAR" which is a cyclope that could come probably from Ebermud.
After the fight, the world would be more pleasant. Nevertheless, a while after, for those who were good people, a breeze will take them away, in order not to let them witness the horror that will happen after...

Still, we do not have an idea concerning when the end of the world will occur...Climate change is not a reference for me...
If we believe the history of geology, we will see that even desert were transformed from water to sands, and this was not the end of the world. It was alike for those who lived that age, maybe it will be the same for us, but in this case, we should consider it as the end of OUR world, not the world as it really is.

Narimane Ayad

Posts : 15
Points : 108
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2018-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by Vincent Balthazar on Thu Nov 08, 2018 3:25 pm

Hello friends,

Sorry for answering too late too !

I read what Maelys said, and I want to say that I watched American Horror Story : APOCALYPSE ! So I can say that I saw the end of the world Wink The series talks about the fact that the antechrist is coming back from the hell. Everybody is dead except all the witches. So imagine if this was the end of the world and you discover that you are a witch because you still alive !
avatar
Vincent Balthazar

Posts : 53
Points : 508
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: discussion - The end of the world and will we see it?

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum