Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Yvanilde Panont on Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:53 am

Let's discuss ! bounce
avatar
Yvanilde Panont

Posts : 61
Points : 857
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2016-09-20
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by ClémentJaunay on Sat Nov 10, 2018 8:34 pm

I don't know if it's unpopular but ... what do you think about giving the right of assisted suicide and euthanasia to people?

Like the woman-I-forgot-the-name who was in media recently, talking about her date with death in 2020 because she will be at the age the human body starts to dysfunction. She said she had a great life and can die in peace before being a old woman with lots of health issues.

Personnaly, I think we should have the right to choose when we want to die. Of course with a medical assistance, with psychologists for example. But if you are really suffering of a deadly disease, or like this woman you want to go before your body deficiency... I'm clearly against therapeutic relentlessness, and if someone is ready to die, he should have the possibility to die.

But, don't worry, I'm freaked out by death so I won't do that hahaha

ClémentJaunay

Posts : 42
Points : 468
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:16 am

ClémentJaunay wrote:I don't know if it's unpopular but ... what do you think about giving the right of assisted suicide and euthanasia to people?

Like the woman-I-forgot-the-name who was in media recently, talking about her date with death in 2020 because she will be at the age the human body starts to dysfunction. She said she had a great life and can die in peace before being a old woman with lots of health issues.

Personnaly, I think we should have the right to choose when we want to die. Of course with a medical assistance, with psychologists for example. But if you are really suffering of a deadly disease, or like this woman you want to go before your body deficiency... I'm clearly against therapeutic relentlessness, and if someone is ready to die, he should have the possibility to die.

But, don't worry, I'm freaked out by death so I won't do that hahaha

If we really live in the country of "liberté" of course we should have the right to die whenever we want. I'm not sure why we aren't allowed. Surely our death is the only thing we have complete control over - we certainly don't have control over our life.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3196
Points : 5469
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:22 am

Everybody should have an injection which stops them being able to have babies (this possibility actually exists) and then anyone wishing to have a baby should take a series of tests - psychological, mental, financial, parental etc... in order to see if they are capable of being good parents. Only if they pass the tests should the injection be reversed so that they can have children.

The parents must then take full responsibility for their children and their children's actions until they are classed as full adults.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3196
Points : 5469
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Hagar Sousa on Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:08 pm

Admin wrote:Everybody should have an injection which stops them being able to have babies (this possibility actually exists) and then anyone wishing to have a baby should take a series of tests - psychological, mental, financial, parental etc... in order to see if they are capable of being good parents. Only if they pass the tests should the injection be reversed so that they can have children.

The parents must then take full responsibility for their children and their children's actions until they are classed as full adults.

I totally agree with you John! I don't know why people take several minutes to create a baby, and they go through A LOT of tests if they want to adopt one...

Hagar Sousa

Posts : 4
Points : 71
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2018-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by ClémentJaunay on Sun Nov 11, 2018 10:57 pm

Admin wrote:Everybody should have an injection which stops them being able to have babies (this possibility actually exists) and then anyone wishing to have a baby should take a series of tests - psychological, mental, financial, parental etc... in order to see if they are capable of being good parents. Only if they pass the tests should the injection be reversed so that they can have children.

The parents must then take full responsibility for their children and their children's actions until they are classed as full adults.

So, it means that poor people won't have children. You certainly know that every person wants to be equal or better than his parents. So, if you don't have any "poor-born" people, you won't have any workers, cleaners, etc [others not very great jobs that the elit doesn't want].

So we will have to build lots of robots to do bad jobs, and then they will do their Revolution and kill every human on earth!

ClémentJaunay

Posts : 42
Points : 468
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:50 am

ClémentJaunay wrote:
Admin wrote:Everybody should have an injection which stops them being able to have babies (this possibility actually exists) and then anyone wishing to have a baby should take a series of tests - psychological, mental, financial, parental etc... in order to see if they are capable of being good parents. Only if they pass the tests should the injection be reversed so that they can have children.

The parents must then take full responsibility for their children and their children's actions until they are classed as full adults.

So, it means that poor people won't have children. You certainly know that every person wants to be equal or better than his parents. So, if you don't have any "poor-born" people, you won't have any workers, cleaners, etc [others not very great jobs that the elit doesn't want].

So we will have to build lots of robots to do bad jobs, and then they will do their Revolution and kill every human on earth!

You could be right. But is it fair on the child to be brought up by parents who can't afford to give it an equal chance in life? Poor breeds poor. Of course if the government made people financially equal instead of rich and poor then your point wouldn't exist.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3196
Points : 5469
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by ClémentJaunay on Mon Nov 12, 2018 7:51 pm

Admin wrote:
ClémentJaunay wrote:
Admin wrote:Everybody should have an injection which stops them being able to have babies (this possibility actually exists) and then anyone wishing to have a baby should take a series of tests - psychological, mental, financial, parental etc... in order to see if they are capable of being good parents. Only if they pass the tests should the injection be reversed so that they can have children.

The parents must then take full responsibility for their children and their children's actions until they are classed as full adults.

So, it means that poor people won't have children. You certainly know that every person wants to be equal or better than his parents. So, if you don't have any "poor-born" people, you won't have any workers, cleaners, etc [others not very great jobs that the elit doesn't want].

So we will have to build lots of robots to do bad jobs, and then they will do their Revolution and kill every human on earth!

You could be right. But is it fair on the child to be brought up by parents who can't afford to give it an equal chance in life? Poor breeds poor. Of course if the government made people financially equal instead of rich and poor then your point wouldn't exist.

Who will accept to be equal with everybody? Rich people have privileges and they won't let them get away... That's exactly why nothing is done to stop the climate change: rich people are the polluters (with their big companies, private yachts, private planes, etc). They take advantages of poverty with consumption's credits and everything to keep poors people poors. So why would they allow to change a system great for them to another one without any privilege? :p

The king is dead, long live the king! #endofmonarchyandprivileges #democracy #republic

ClémentJaunay

Posts : 42
Points : 468
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Florine Bouchet on Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:59 am

Hello Clement and John ahah

I agree with you about the euthanasia. If someone around me was suffering because of illness and would like to suicide, obviously I will be very affected but I can understand this choice because I don't want to suffer at this point too. I don't understand that this is still a taboo subject for religious reasons because we are in a country where human liberty must take over. Clement I think you talk about a recent video of Konbini news with the interview of Jacqueline Jencquelque. This old lady upset me by wishing "with enthusiasm" to end her life. In truth, I find it so brave!

Here is the link (sorry i'ts in french) : https://knews.konbini.com/actualite/tiede/jai-decide-en-janvier-2020-de-mettre-fin-a-mes-jours/

Florine Bouchet

Posts : 35
Points : 462
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Yvanilde Panont on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:25 pm

Hi guys,

We don't decide to be born so should we decide our death ?
I think it depends of the contexte, Clement you're talk about the woman and I think her act is very selfish... I very want to know the opinion of her family !!
avatar
Yvanilde Panont

Posts : 61
Points : 857
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2016-09-20
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by maelys fouche on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:43 pm

Hi people ,

I would like to talk about School uniforms. For me, it can be good for kids because they force them to pay less attention to trivial things like clothes. I think they do help reduce the difference between economic status between students. No one is worried about the new clothing appearal thats popular at the time.. However, I think that uniforms would be good if the school still allows them to express themselves with hair and accessories !

I don't know if most of people prefer to wear their own clothes or not ?
avatar
maelys fouche

Posts : 43
Points : 468
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Yvanilde Panont on Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:50 pm

I agree with you Maelys, especially until high school. Some people are suffering in school because they are not wearing "expensive" clothes or because they are not wearing like the other people.
avatar
Yvanilde Panont

Posts : 61
Points : 857
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2016-09-20
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Yvanilde Panont on Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:10 pm

My unpopular opinion would be that I don't want to get pregnant ! Many poor children didn't ask to be born and are without family... Mad Crying or Very sad
avatar
Yvanilde Panont

Posts : 61
Points : 857
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2016-09-20
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Andrea AROSTEGUY on Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:16 pm

Hi !

I agree with you girls, I think wear the uniforms is not a bad thing.
It's reduce the judgment about your look and allow people to know the other by other ways like the personnality.
I think it's more important than only be focalised about the look, which is more superficial in my opinion.

Andrea AROSTEGUY

Posts : 45
Points : 472
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Mayra Fernandes on Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:25 pm

Yvanilde Panont wrote:My unpopular opinion would be that I don't want to get pregnant ! Many poor children didn't ask to be born and are without family... Mad Crying or Very sad

I strongly agree with Yvanilde. I don't get this pression from society to woman to become a mom. It's like we will never be complete if we don't have generate a life.

Mayra Fernandes

Posts : 32
Points : 460
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Mayra Fernandes on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:05 pm

Admin wrote:Everybody should have an injection which stops them being able to have babies (this possibility actually exists) and then anyone wishing to have a baby should take a series of tests - psychological, mental, financial, parental etc... in order to see if they are capable of being good parents. Only if they pass the tests should the injection be reversed so that they can have children.

The parents must then take full responsibility for their children and their children's actions until they are classed as full adults.

I agree with you, John. Have you watched 3%? It's a brazilian serie available on Netflix and in the story they also use this kind of injections to reduce poverty and population control. I guess you would like to watch it Razz

Mayra Fernandes

Posts : 32
Points : 460
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by joachim natali on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:13 pm

Hi !

My unpopular opinion is about legalization of cannabis.
I think there is a hypocrisy in France, because there are many smokers. In addition, traffic generates troubles and reckoning in some sensible districts in Marseille or Paris.
If cannabis is legal, it can be controlled and regulated by the state in terms of quality. This will allow the smoker not to damage the health with ultra toxic products that are added by dealers.
This would also be an economic opportunity, because the government could tax it, and reported a lot of money for France
I think, of course, if legalization takes place, it should be accompanied by a large campaign run by the Ministry of Health and Education for not influence young to smoke.
Canada has made the choice of legalization very recently, as several European countries elsewhere. The world has not collapsed, and we know very well that France is very late on this particular subject.
avatar
joachim natali

Posts : 33
Points : 458
Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:54 pm

maelys fouche wrote:Hi people ,


I don't know if most of people prefer to wear their own clothes or not ?

I think Clement prefers to wear Mayra's clothes but she makes him wear his own to class. Laughing
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3196
Points : 5469
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Yvanilde Panont on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:12 pm

joachim natali wrote:Hi !

My unpopular opinion is about legalization of cannabis.
I think there is a hypocrisy in France, because there are many smokers. In addition, traffic generates troubles and reckoning in some sensible districts in Marseille or Paris.
If cannabis is legal, it can be controlled and regulated by the state in terms of quality. This will allow the smoker not to damage the health with ultra toxic products that are added by dealers.
This would also be an economic opportunity, because the government could tax it, and reported a lot of money for France
I think, of course, if legalization takes place, it should be accompanied by a large campaign run by the Ministry of Health and Education for not influence young to smoke.
Canada has made the choice of legalization very recently, as several European countries elsewhere. The world has not collapsed, and we know very well that France is very late on this particular subject.

I agree with you Joachim about the hypocrisy in France ! But I watched a documentary about the legalization of cannabis in Nederland. Smoking in the Netherlands is illegal but it's tolerated in coffeeshops. And the problem is that FBI and Government don't have the control about the "dealer" and drifts and other problems related to cannabis.
avatar
Yvanilde Panont

Posts : 61
Points : 857
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2016-09-20
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Nolwenn Lautredou on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:23 pm

Hi everybody,

Thanks girls, I agree with you Yvanilde and Mayra about the pregnancy. Give birth is not THE purpose of the woman life.

Maelys, about uniforms I have a mixed opinion. I agree to say that it reduces the social differences but usually, school uniforms are expensive. It means that not all the families can afford for that.



avatar
Nolwenn Lautredou

Posts : 41
Points : 468
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:29 pm

Nolwenn Lautredou wrote:Hi everybody,

Thanks girls, I agree with you Yvanilde and Mayra about the pregnancy. Give birth is not THE purpose of the woman life.

Maelys, about uniforms I have a mixed opinion. I agree to say that it reduces the social differences but usually, school uniforms are expensive. It means that not all the families can afford for that.




So what is THE purpose of a woman's life? Razz
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3196
Points : 5469
Reputation : 6
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:33 pm

Hi all!

Happy to see that this subect seems to inspire you all!

First of all, about your post Clement, I do not think it's an unpopular opinion. I personnally completely agree with you, we should not prevent people from choosing to die the way they want to. Of course it can be considered as a selfish choice, because you hurt your family, but if they love you, wouldn't they be happy to know that you're not suffering anymore?

Concerning the school uniforms, I also agree about the fact that it would help a lot reducing discrimination about the way people look, especially when we know that we don't have the same budget for shopping, and I think it could be a great idea until the age of 14. But after that, I also think it is important to let the kids choose their own style to express their personnality.

I do agree with you Mayra and Yvanilde, I don't want to have children either and when I talk about it the answer is always the same : you wont say that when you will be older. I think it is unfair because there is a lot of social pressure about having kids in our society, lots of people can feel forced to have children to fit in a society that puts the model of the family (one father, one mother and several children) in every advertising campaign.

The family is changing, evolving, we have to deal with it and accept that a family with a single parent, two fathers, two mothers or no child is a normal family, just as the others!
avatar
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Posts : 55
Points : 479
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:37 pm

As for my personal unpopular opinion, it is about the age of majority in France. I think that the fact that we're all considered as adults at the age of 18 years old is a silly thing.

Of course, at 18, we're able to drive and all, but how can we be fully considered to be responsible for our acts at an age where most of us aren't even able to live on their own without the help of their parents?

I think that establishing the majority at 18 years old was good a few decades ago, when most of the people started to have their own situation and to work at this age. Now, the great majority of the people at the age of 18 are not able to provide for themselves.

It is also sad for the kids that are placed into foster families because they are orphans or because they are immigrants or mistreated by their own family. When they come to the age of 18, the foster family stops receiving any kind of financial help to raise them, and nearly has to leave them to live on their own, while we perfectly know how hard it is for a person, with any diploma or work qualifications, to start living on his own. I think it is very unfair.
avatar
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Posts : 55
Points : 479
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Nolwenn Lautredou on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:50 pm

Admin wrote:
Nolwenn Lautredou wrote:Hi everybody,

Thanks girls, I agree with you Yvanilde and Mayra about the pregnancy. Give birth is not THE purpose of the woman life.

Maelys, about uniforms I have a mixed opinion. I agree to say that it reduces the social differences but usually, school uniforms are expensive. It means that not all the families can afford for that.




So what is THE purpose of a woman's life? Razz

Hey John,

For me, the purpose of the woman's life is not too different than the man's.
It is not because we have the capacity to give birth that we can't aspire to the same things to succeed in our lives. I think about, having a professional career, travelling... and just having a normal and happy life without babies.

So, I don't accept people blaming women who don't want to become mother because it their own choice and I think the society imposes this idea too much.
avatar
Nolwenn Lautredou

Posts : 41
Points : 468
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:52 pm

Admin wrote:
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS wrote:Hi all!

Happy to see that this subect seems to inspire you all!

First of all, about your post Clement, I do not think it's an unpopular opinion. I personnally completely agree with you, we should not prevent people from choosing to die the way they want to. Of course it can be considered as a selfish choice, because you hurt your family, but if they love you, wouldn't they be happy to know that you're not suffering anymore?

Concerning the school uniforms, I also agree about the fact that it would help a lot reducing discrimination about the way people look, especially when we know that we don't have the same budget for shopping, and I think it could be a great idea until the age of 14. But after that, I also think it is important to let the kids choose their own style to express their personnality.

I do agree with you Mayra and Yvanilde, I don't want to have children either and when I talk about it the answer is always the same : you wont say that when you will be older. I think it is unfair because there is a lot of social pressure about having kids in our society, lots of people can feel forced to have children to fit in a society that puts the model of the family (one father, one mother and several children) in every advertising campaign.

The family is changing, evolving, we have to deal with it and accept that a family with a single parent, two fathers, two mothers or no child is a normal family, just as the others!

And now for your unpopular opinion?

I just posted it Smile
avatar
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Posts : 55
Points : 479
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum