Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Jeremy Massonde on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I disagree with you Clement, it's too easy to say that rich people are those who destroy the climate with the pollution. Let me give you a example, poor people have old car (20 yo for some !) which pollute much more than modern cars. You can tell to a poor person to buy a new car,  to buy some clothes with a natural high-quality composition, to eat bio products etc in order to improve the climate change but tell me if they will do that ? Many  people hardly have enough money to live and eat so it's not so simple to act for the environment.
Yes, rich people own plants but who works for them ? I don't think poor people will be happy if the plant he works will close beause of the pollution it diffuses.

Concerning the legalization of the cannabis, the consommation will increase. It would send the wrong message to the vast majority of people who do not take drugs, especially young and vulnerable people.
Joachim, you talk about the tax but as alcohol and tobocco, the social cost (medical etc) will be higher than the money earned with tax. (Link)
Many "dealers" sell hard-drugs so because it's complicated to beat them too, the legalization will solve the problem ?
What "cannabis dealers" will sell after the cannabis legalization ? Do you really think they will find a legal job ??
avatar
Jeremy Massonde

Posts : 34
Points : 485
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:59 pm

Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS wrote:As for my personal unpopular opinion, it is about the age of majority in France. I think that the fact that we're all considered as adults at the age of 18 years old is a silly thing.

Of course, at 18, we're able to drive and all, but how can we be fully considered to be responsible for our acts at an age where most of us aren't even able to live on their own without the help of their parents?

I think that establishing the majority at 18 years old was good a few decades ago, when most of the people started to have their own situation and to work at this age. Now, the great majority of the people at the age of 18 are not able to provide for themselves.

It is also sad for the kids that are placed into foster families because they are orphans or because they are immigrants or mistreated by their own family. When they come to the age of 18, the foster family stops receiving any kind of financial help to raise them, and nearly has to leave them to live on their own, while we perfectly know how hard it is for a person, with any diploma or work qualifications, to start living on his own. I think it is very unfair.

I'm not sure I understand what you want to change. I understand your English and what you're saying but in real terms what do you want different. Do you want people not to have the right to vote until they are older (21) or until they are working? Do you want to make the act of sexual intercourse illegal until an older age? Is it drinking or smoking? I understand and agree that many 18 year olds are immature and reliant on their parents/the state but what actions do you want changed?
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3314
Points : 5604
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Matthieu Morisset on Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:06 pm

I have an unpopular opinion ! You know John, there's something i truly love and that everyone in the CEPE hate !! My secret is that i love to eat a cheese sandwich that i soak in a chocolate cream ! When i told everyone my secret all them said : UUUURG IT'S DISGUSTING !!. Without even EATING it, can you believe it ? I'm in pain ...
avatar
Matthieu Morisset

Posts : 41
Points : 496
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:11 pm

Matthieu Morisset wrote:I have an unpopular opinion ! You know John, there's something i truly love and that everyone in the CEPE hate !! My secret is that i love to eat a cheese sandwich that i soak in a chocolate cream ! When i told everyone my secret all them said : UUUURG IT'S DISGUSTING !!. Without even EATING it, can you believe it ? I'm in pain ...

I don't really like Cheese but I can understand you liking this. I guess if the sandwich had Mascarponi cheese in it, I'd love to eat it covered in chocolate.

But Mat, don't let others worry you. People think I'm strange without even knowing what I like to eat - they just think I'm strange Suspect . Most of my students think a simple Banana sandwich is weird or even a cucumber sandwich. Both are absolute dreams. I also , when no-one is watching, like to eat all the chocolate from around the outside of a bounty bar before eating the coconut.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3314
Points : 5604
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Matthieu Morisset on Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:22 pm

Admin wrote:
Matthieu Morisset wrote:I have an unpopular opinion ! You know John, there's something i truly love and that everyone in the CEPE hate !! My secret is that i love to eat a cheese sandwich that i soak in a chocolate cream ! When i told everyone my secret all them said : UUUURG IT'S DISGUSTING !!. Without even EATING it, can you believe it ? I'm in pain ...

I don't really like Cheese but I can understand you liking this. I guess if the sandwich had Mascarponi cheese in it, I'd love to eat it covered in chocolate.

But Mat, don't let others worry you. People think I'm strange without even knowing what I like to eat - they just think I'm strange  Suspect . Most of my students think a simple Banana sandwich is weird or even a cucumber sandwich. Both are absolute dreams. I also , when no-one is watching, like to eat all the chocolate from around the outside of a bounty bar before eating the coconut.

Well in my case it's goat cheese !!! But yeah it's really sad cause there's a lot flavour that none of them will ever know because they stop themselves by thinking it's weird so i don't eat it ... People are really dumb in my opinion ...
I also love to do that with my bounty John !! I guess we are similar in one way Twisted Evil
avatar
Matthieu Morisset

Posts : 41
Points : 496
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-09-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Narimane Ayad on Tue Nov 13, 2018 5:53 pm

Hi everyone,

My unpopular opinion is about "stress in our daly life". Are we condamned to work under pressure our whole life?
If we will start a family, are we obliged to let our children see us very early in the morning and very late at the evening?
To what extend should we stand this way of life under capitalism to release ourselves finaly, and turn back to our passion, family, LIFE?

Narimane Ayad

Posts : 15
Points : 108
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2018-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS on Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:23 pm

Admin wrote:
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS wrote:As for my personal unpopular opinion, it is about the age of majority in France. I think that the fact that we're all considered as adults at the age of 18 years old is a silly thing.

Of course, at 18, we're able to drive and all, but how can we be fully considered to be responsible for our acts at an age where most of us aren't even able to live on their own without the help of their parents?

I think that establishing the majority at 18 years old was good a few decades ago, when most of the people started to have their own situation and to work at this age. Now, the great majority of the people at the age of 18 are not able to provide for themselves.

It is also sad for the kids that are placed into foster families because they are orphans or because they are immigrants or mistreated by their own family. When they come to the age of 18, the foster family stops receiving any kind of financial help to raise them, and nearly has to leave them to live on their own, while we perfectly know how hard it is for a person, with any diploma or work qualifications, to start living on his own. I think it is very unfair.

I'm not sure I understand what you want to change. I understand your English and what you're saying but in real terms what do you want different. Do you want people not to have the right to vote until they are older (21) or until they are working? Do you want to make the act of sexual intercourse illegal until an older age? Is it drinking or smoking? I understand and agree that many 18 year olds are immature and reliant on their parents/the state but what actions do you want changed?

The main point in my opinion is about responsibility. Most people are not responsible enough at the age of 18 to be fully considered as adults. I think we should adopt a system as in the US where the age of the majority isn't the same for everything. For example: you are completely able to drive at 18 years old, but I don't think you know enough about life and politics to be given the right to vote before 21 years old.
Now, the fact of being 18 years old doesn't only give you the right to vote but also to take your own decisions and to engage your own signature and your full responsibility into anything you want to, and consequently to face the consequences on your own. I think that at the age of 18 most of people aren't capable of making those kind of decisions.
avatar
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Posts : 74
Points : 527
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Yvanilde Panont on Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:00 pm

Matthieu Morisset wrote:I have an unpopular opinion ! You know John, there's something i truly love and that everyone in the CEPE hate !! My secret is that i love to eat a cheese sandwich that i soak in a chocolate cream ! When i told everyone my secret all them said : UUUURG IT'S DISGUSTING !!. Without even EATING it, can you believe it ? I'm in pain ...

It's disgusting !! pale
I'm joking Matthew ! I would never taste except if one day you make me taste !

But when do you eat it ? The morning as breakfast ? Lunch ? Snack ? Dinner ? And do you eat this weird thing everydays ? Every weeks ?

You will probably not answer me because you are at the cinema but I hope that before going to bed you will come on the forum and answer me ! tongue

avatar
Yvanilde Panont

Posts : 93
Points : 925
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2016-09-20
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:06 pm

Yvanilde Panont wrote:
Matthieu Morisset wrote:I have an unpopular opinion ! You know John, there's something i truly love and that everyone in the CEPE hate !! My secret is that i love to eat a cheese sandwich that i soak in a chocolate cream ! When i told everyone my secret all them said : UUUURG IT'S DISGUSTING !!. Without even EATING it, can you believe it ? I'm in pain ...

It's disgusting !! pale
I'm joking Matthew ! I would never taste except if one day you make me taste !

But when do you eat it ? The morning as breakfast ? Lunch ? Snack ? Dinner ? And do you eat this weird thing everydays ? Every weeks ?

You will probably not answer me because you are at the cinema but I hope that before going to bed you will come on the forum and answer me ! tongue


I hope that he is back in bed at an early time so that he isn't late to his very important class in the morning.

And now it is time for me to head back home - it's been a long day day.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3314
Points : 5604
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Yvanilde Panont on Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:21 pm

He will probably come back late because he is at the preview of the movie "Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2". I also hope that he will not be late and he had time to read the articles for tomorrow.

Good evening John and see you tomorrow in shape ! bounce
avatar
Yvanilde Panont

Posts : 93
Points : 925
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2016-09-20
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by maelys fouche on Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:02 pm

yes I hope Mathiou will read his articles...
avatar
maelys fouche

Posts : 50
Points : 502
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Vincent Balthazar on Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:21 am

Hello ! Let's talk about my unpopular opinion : racism against white people does'nt exist.

True ! Everytime I feel very uncomfortable when I hear white people saying that they already have experienced racism. It makes me sad because I think people don't really know what racism is. Now you are going to say "You are stupid, everybody can be a victim of racism, if you're white, other people of color has already say something wrong about white people".

First of all, racism is systemic, so all the institutional system is against people of color. We all have (me too) cognitive biais against black people (for example) and we all act against them without knowing it. As a white people you never ever experienced things like that.

Be a victim of racism isn't hear once "babtou" ou "white tears"... it's when you want to visit a flat and the only reason why you can't rent it it's because you're black, it's when your are more likely to be put in jail because you're black, it's when you imitate the accent to laught at it because they are black... As a white people you will never experienced that, because the world turn around you and never anybody will refuse to you a flat because you're white.

I hope it's clear, and that's my opinion, racism is very hard. Maybe you have experienced discrimination but not racisme Wink
avatar
Vincent Balthazar

Posts : 53
Points : 508
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Admin on Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:34 am

Love is Selfish.

We all (well I guess) love someone and probably we love several people but in nearly every case that love is selfish.

We say to our partner "I love you" and it's probably true but deep down we love them because they make us feel good which in return means that we can love them and make them feel good.

Now some of you are saying "No John, that's not true" but examine your love. If the person you love ignored you and your affections continually, how long would you "love" them? a month? a year? 5 years? Forever?

Maybe you are thinking "No John, some people live with an abusive partner for years and years because they love them." But do they? Are they living with the abuser because they love them or because they don't feel they can get away or in some cases because they like feeling needed or wanted - is it for themselves in a terrible, perverse way? And the abuser, do they love the abused or simply the power they have over someone else - a selfish love.

Some of you may say "But we love our families selflessly." Do we? I think that maybe parent to child love is as close as we get to selfless love but even then don't most parents "want" something out of that relationship. The difference in feeling to "My" children as opposed to "other people's" children must show that selfishness exists. And how many families break apart? don't talk to each other? Have petty squabbles that escalate into major rifts.

My unpopular opinion is that "Love is selfish" and really all about "ME".

Life is mostly selfish and all about "ME".

Enjoy your day.

avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3314
Points : 5604
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - Unpopular opinion

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum