UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FREE COURSE - BOOKS, COMICS, FILM & TV : VISUAL WORLDS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE

4 posters

Go down

FREE COURSE - BOOKS, COMICS, FILM & TV : VISUAL WORLDS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE Empty FREE COURSE - BOOKS, COMICS, FILM & TV : VISUAL WORLDS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE

Post by Yvanilde Panont Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:40 pm

I signed up for this course because I'm interested by visual worlds produced for young people.
From picturebook, comics, film to TV with this course we will look at the images that children are exposed.

The 1st week is about PICTUREBOOK :

My interpretation of a picturebook is one where the illustrations telling the story without needing text.
Picturebooks are essentially for babies because they are dominated by visuals and have other features as texture and several objects attached to them as mirrors.
But today there are many picturebook apps for children available online.
Like a Star @ heaven Are you for this kind of apps ?
Like a Star @ heaven Do you think that the experience is the same or restrained ?

Like a Star @ heaven What was your favorite picturebook of all time or when you were younger ?

Arrow See you next week to talk about COMICS ! bounce
Yvanilde Panont
Yvanilde Panont

Birthday : 1993-11-04

Back to top Go down

FREE COURSE - BOOKS, COMICS, FILM & TV : VISUAL WORLDS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE Empty Re: FREE COURSE - BOOKS, COMICS, FILM & TV : VISUAL WORLDS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE

Post by Admin Wed Nov 14, 2018 1:50 pm

I'm aware of these apps and I'm in favour of any media that gets children "reading" and "thinking" and sharing time with others.

I don't understand what you mean by "restrained". I don't think the experience is the same but it could be better or not as good dependant on the source, the child and the context.

I can't remember my childhood picture books so well but I remember my children enjoyed "where the wild things are" amongst others.

And your answers to these questions?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

FREE COURSE - BOOKS, COMICS, FILM & TV : VISUAL WORLDS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE Empty Re: FREE COURSE - BOOKS, COMICS, FILM & TV : VISUAL WORLDS FOR YOUNG PEOPLE

Post by Yvanilde Panont Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:39 pm

I understand what you mean John. I don't know but maybe apps encourage children to read.

By restrained I mean "strictly regulated reading" I never used these picturebook apps but I don't think they are a space for freedom and exploration for children.

Oh I know this picturebook ! Thank you for sharing John Smile

Of couse I answered to these questions ! I'm waiting next week for my next class and I hope until then that my classmates will have answered... pale
Yvanilde Panont
Yvanilde Panont

Back to top Go down

Post by Blong Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:20 am

Hi Yvanilde !

I have to admit that I don't remember any of picturebooks that I read when I was younger. The only thing that I remembered is the first manga that I read when I was able to read which is Dragon Ball. Moreover, in our community, the development of the children is not as important as the one in occidental cultures so children are not in contact with these kind of things. I think that you get interest in it only if you want to.
Blong
Blong

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvanilde Panont Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:42 pm

Hi Blong,

No worries Blong, I forgive you because you are the cutest person that I know ! I love you

You may answer for my next lesson about comics, be ready ! Wink
Yvanilde Panont
Yvanilde Panont

Back to top Go down

Post by maelys fouche Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:26 pm

My favourite books when I was young were Tom Tom & Nana. What I liked the most in these books was the stupid things which they could make. Moreover, I was in love with Nana. I think that she is so cute with her hair and her little voice. I used to go to the librairie to borrow the books that I didn't have.
maelys fouche
maelys fouche

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum