Autonomous work - Meet the millennials: Who are Generation Y?

Go down

Autonomous work - Meet the millennials: Who are Generation Y?

Post by Narimane Ayad on Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:40 pm

Hi everyone,

My reading subject for the autonomous work of this week is about generation Y.

Here is the link of the article : https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-41036361
Please find below my summary :

Called “the millennials”, generation come after the baby boomers and generation X. It includes all people who has been born from the early 80’s to the millennium. It witnessed the outset of the global financial crisis and the vast acceleration of digital technology.
Graduates from generation Y are more numerous than the other generations before. They are more likely to get highest education level too. Yet, they are less lucky on job market. Indeed, in their 20’s, the millennials are more likely to work part-time job than generation X who earnt 8000 £ more at this age.
Same fact concerning owning homes, where young people are adopting renting trends or still live with their parents, in opposite of their elders.
Other finding; Baby boomers and generation X are more likely to let their voice be heard than generation Y. Many vote statistics prove it.
Less religious, generation Y, do not get married very often at church, and they are mostly doing so, very later, and later in life.
Finally, Generation Y is expected to be the first generation to be worse than those before.

Enjoy !

Narimane Ayad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Autonomous work - Meet the millennials: Who are Generation Y?

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 20, 2018 11:21 am

Do you agree with all these statements?
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Narimane Ayad on Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:19 pm

Yes John! I agree with all these statements, since I belong to this generation, except for the religion maybe; It depends on the country.

Narimane Ayad

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yvanilde Panont on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:00 am

Hi Narimane,

Thank you for sharing with us about this subject very interesting !

I have several questions : what do you mean "Generation Y is expected to be the first generation to be worse than those before ?" I didn't understand sorry... Embarassed

Thus, if you had the choice, would you have wanted to be born in this generation or an other ?

Have a great day ! Very Happy
Yvanilde Panont

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Nolwenn Lautredou on Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:41 pm

Hello Narimane,

Thanks for your topic because it is concerning all of us. (Excepting John I guess)

I have the same question than Yva ! What do you mean when you write "worse" ?

I don't think our generation is the worse on earth. Well, it's hard to say because it is ours and I don't know the past and I can't predict the future. But I think generation Y is a generation conscious about their rights and fighting for its. A generation aware about economic, social, environmental issues and trying to do the best to improve it.
But I know that it is difficult to compare generations because every one had or has to face different contemporary problems.
Nolwenn Lautredou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent Balthazar on Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:41 am

Hi Narimane,

"Less religious, generation Y, do not get married very often at church, and they are mostly doing so, very later, and later in life."

I think more and more states are laic, and the most of the youth doesn't feel agree with some part of the religion, which is a little bit archaic sometimes. So as you said, they are less religious. But I think this not the only reason why they get married later in life. Before they aren't used to go to university, specially for women, who are studying more than ever nowadays.

Do you think generation Y should get married even if they didn't have finished their studies to not be worse than previous generations ? Smile

Have a nice day !! flower flower
Vincent Balthazar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down