Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Go down

Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Marion.LM on Thu Nov 22, 2018 9:24 pm

Hi,
Today, I have the very big responsibility Cool (I know...I know... you are all jealous because John asks me in person to make you dream about subject discussion on the forum) Laughing  Laughing  Laughing  and I have the challenge to propose you the subject of the week. (I know...I know everybody loves my subject so...  Rolling Eyes ....)

And the subject is........A professional activity is essential to live happy ?

Marion.LM

Posts : 130
Points : 593
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2017-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Yvanilde Panont on Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:54 am

Hi Marion,

In my opinion, DEFINITELY !

We spend most of our days and our lives working so how we are supposed to blossom (s'épnouir?) if going to work is a torture... Nobody wants to suffer and wait for the end of the day, even if I think there are people who unfortunately don't have the choice or who succeed to manage that.

To live happy = GOOD VIBES = To appreciate what is around us = family, friends, work, hobby,...

Have a nice week-end ! I love you
avatar
Yvanilde Panont

Posts : 93
Points : 925
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2016-09-20
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Admin on Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:25 pm

I could be really happy without working at all. Wink
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3314
Points : 5604
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Yvanilde Panont on Fri Nov 23, 2018 2:42 pm

Admin wrote:I could be really happy without working at all. Wink

Maybe, but not as much... I'm sure Angoulême and us would miss you ! Surprised
avatar
Yvanilde Panont

Posts : 93
Points : 925
Reputation : 13
Join date : 2016-09-20
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Virginie Auclair on Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:22 pm

hi,
I do not think because we can do other things than work, like being in associations, doing sports, traveling ..
but for me yes, I think a whole life without work is boring but of course it takes an interesting job, that we love!

Good weekend of 4 days for the packs hihi rabbit
avatar
Virginie Auclair

Posts : 36
Points : 487
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2017-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by b.ettoumi on Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:34 am

Hey,

In my opinion, there are no rules or musts to "a happy life", it changes from a person to another and from a period to another, the definition of a  perfect life to someone could be nothing but a living hell to another.

In my particular case, a "regular" job or career is one of the things i fear most, especially when you factor in the fact that it is something necessary, unless you're a princess  Laughing  Laughing . Wouldn't it be nice ?
avatar
b.ettoumi

Posts : 10
Points : 99
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2018-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Gendry Marceline on Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:47 pm

Hi !

In my opinion, we live in a society where working is a norm and can provide financial support for our needs. Starting from this, I think exercising a job that we like and we like to do is essential. Work takes an important place in people's lives, so it must be a pleasure and not a constraint to live happy.
But for me, work is not essential to live happy. We can live happily without necessarily working. As Virginie said many other things can substitute for work to make us happy, such as travel, sports activities, associative... But for that it takes money, and to earn money you have to work (unless if you are already rich).

Have a good weekend !
avatar
Gendry Marceline

Posts : 50
Points : 502
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2017-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:02 pm

Another angle that is interesting is the discussion of the social safety net put in place by the government which gives money to people who are not employed. There seem to be more and more "career unemployed" people which I can't see as being good for society. Are we paying people too much NOT to work?
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3314
Points : 5604
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Marion.LM on Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:52 pm

Admin wrote:Another angle that is interesting is the discussion of the social safety net put in place by the government which gives money to people who are not employed. There seem to be more and more "career unemployed" people which I can't see as being good for society. Are we paying people too much NOT to work?

Hi,
I am surprised by what you say John ! Shocked

First, I think sincerely that a professionnal activity is essential, en fact "the sensation to be useful" is the best sensation. My grand-ma said all the time the "tired of work" is the best tired that exists ! According to me, life will be very boring if we have not a professionnal activity.... I know that working is making use, people don't want to do effort.....trades are never easy....sometimes people are so stupid Mad Mad Mad ...... Me too, I will prefer doing DIY in my garage or take avantage of my lovely garden ! I ask myself the question : If I didn't work and if I stay all the time in my garage to do DIY, I will appreciate as much as this time in my garage ?

Secondly, John, ya, there are lot of people that they don't work... (because of disease, sickness, illness but also because of "career unemployed" like you say)....but people don't have pleasure to NOT work, they feel like useless (for their family or other), most of time a depression come with... they have a sensation of inferiority (in front of people that are working)....For example, a person in my family don't work because she can't working (she is not capable of working, having rules and self discipline...)...Government helps her but she lives like a "recluse" since years.....I find her like very sad..... John if you think that government helps "unemployed people" too much, what is the solution for you ? Stop helping people ? Kill this people because of their useless ?
Moreover, me, I am very afraid of my future...what kind of future I will going to have ? No job ? No money ? If, it's the case, I will be happy that the government helps me....But it's my point of view...

To conclude, What are the social safety in England ? How government helps people ?

Marion.LM

Posts : 130
Points : 593
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2017-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Laure PIQUEREAU on Mon Nov 26, 2018 11:24 am

Hi,

I agree with you that work is necessary to be happy. Even if it sometimes tires or annoys us, for me it's a way of blossoming other than in private life. It's complementary with personal feelings and it doesn't affect the same dimensions, so i think that work enable to be happy in private life and vice versa.

For what you are saying about the fact that the state gives money to people who don't work, i agree with you John and you Marion.
Some people really need this money, like mothers who stop working to educate children or people with disabilities who can't work. There are also people who haven't a job but are looking for it and need it to survive.
However, i know that there are extremes and people who rely exclusively on that. They work a few weeks a year to get unemployed after that, i think it's a real shame, and it's abusing the system in a way, and using money from the state that could be useful elsewhere.

Bye ! Smile



Marion.LM wrote:
Admin wrote:Another angle that is interesting is the discussion of the social safety net put in place by the government which gives money to people who are not employed. There seem to be more and more "career unemployed" people which I can't see as being good for society. Are we paying people too much NOT to work?

Hi,
I am surprised by what you say John ! Shocked

First, I think sincerely that a professionnal activity is essential, en fact "the sensation to be useful" is the best sensation. My grand-ma said all the time the "tired of work" is the best tired that exists ! According to me, life will be very boring if we have not a professionnal activity.... I know that working is making use, people don't want to do effort.....trades are never easy....sometimes people are so stupid Mad Mad Mad ......  Me too, I will prefer doing DIY in my garage or take avantage of my lovely garden ! I ask myself the question : If I didn't work and if I stay all the time in my garage to do DIY, I will appreciate as much as this time in my garage ?

Secondly, John, ya, there are lot of people that they don't work... (because of disease, sickness, illness but also because of "career unemployed" like you say)....but people don't have pleasure to NOT work, they feel like useless (for their family or other), most of time a depression come with... they have a sensation of inferiority (in front of people that are working)....For example, a person in my family don't work because she can't working (she is not capable of working, having rules and self discipline...)...Government helps her but she lives like a "recluse" since years.....I find her like very sad.....  John if you think that government helps "unemployed people" too much, what is the solution for you ? Stop helping people ? Kill this people because of their useless ?
Moreover, me, I am very afraid of my future...what kind of future I will going to have ? No job ? No money ? If, it's the case, I will be happy that the government helps me....But it's my point of view...

To conclude, What are the social safety in England ? How government helps people ?

Laure PIQUEREAU

Posts : 16
Points : 112
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2018-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Admin on Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:56 pm

Marion.LM wrote:
Admin wrote:Another angle that is interesting is the discussion of the social safety net put in place by the government which gives money to people who are not employed. There seem to be more and more "career unemployed" people which I can't see as being good for society. Are we paying people too much NOT to work?

Hi,
I am surprised by what you say John ! Shocked

First, I think sincerely that a professionnal activity is essential, en fact "the sensation to be useful" is the best sensation. My grand-ma said all the time the "tired of work" is the best tired that exists ! According to me, life will be very boring if we have not a professionnal activity.... I know that working is making use, people don't want to do effort.....trades are never easy....sometimes people are so stupid Mad Mad Mad ......  Me too, I will prefer doing DIY in my garage or take avantage of my lovely garden ! I ask myself the question : If I didn't work and if I stay all the time in my garage to do DIY, I will appreciate as much as this time in my garage ?

Secondly, John, ya, there are lot of people that they don't work... (because of disease, sickness, illness but also because of "career unemployed" like you say)....but people don't have pleasure to NOT work, they feel like useless (for their family or other), most of time a depression come with... they have a sensation of inferiority (in front of people that are working)....For example, a person in my family don't work because she can't working (she is not capable of working, having rules and self discipline...)...Government helps her but she lives like a "recluse" since years.....I find her like very sad.....  John if you think that government helps "unemployed people" too much, what is the solution for you ? Stop helping people ? Kill this people because of their useless ?
Moreover, me, I am very afraid of my future...what kind of future I will going to have ? No job ? No money ? If, it's the case, I will be happy that the government helps me....But it's my point of view...

To conclude, What are the social safety in England ? How government helps people ?

I'm supposed to say things that surprise it's a way to increase discussion and hopefully thought.

So back to your first point. There are many people who are not in a position (it maybe due to intelligence or opportunity or health or background...) to be a teacher or doctor or to do a pleasant job allowing them to interact with others. They stack shelves or put items in boxes or cut plastic heels or clean toilets for 8 hours a day 5 days a week. Where is the pleeasure in that for a lifetime?

For your second point, I'm not talking about those who cannot work but more those who can and choose not to work because the state pays them enough to have a flat/house, food, clothing and still go out/ have the internet, smoke, drink... I know people who "earn" more than I do without doing any work - and I have 10 years university education and many years teaching experience. I think that there's something wrong with that situation. Even moreso when it is my taxes that are being given to these people (do I sound too right wing extremist now?). With regards social security in England, they give even more money than in France. I believe a safety net for those in need is a requirement of any reasonable country but I think the abuse of that generosity is grotesque.

More later, probably.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3314
Points : 5604
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:01 pm

This is an interesting subject... 

I do not personally think that exercising a professional activity is essential to be happy, but at the same time, I know that having a job that I like would be something that would make me happy... So I think just as Badr that it is something very personnal!

Also, I agree with you Marion when you talk about the fact that working makes you feel useful. It can. It did for me, much more than sitting in class and do nothing! Each time I had the opportunity to work, I felt better and less tired than usual... But I do think it was because I was doing something I like! Soooo many people are forced to work just to earn enough money to live in decent conditions. I do not think working is something that make them happy... 

Then I think just like Virginie that there are plenty of things we can do, other than working, to feel useful and to be happy! I personnally know that I would love to be involved in humanitarian actions if I had enough money not to be forced to work.
avatar
Elsa RAUCHE LUCAS

Posts : 74
Points : 527
Reputation : 5
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Marion.LM on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:02 pm

Admin wrote:
Marion.LM wrote:
Admin wrote:Another angle that is interesting is the discussion of the social safety net put in place by the government which gives money to people who are not employed. There seem to be more and more "career unemployed" people which I can't see as being good for society. Are we paying people too much NOT to work?

Hi,
I am surprised by what you say John ! Shocked

First, I think sincerely that a professionnal activity is essential, en fact "the sensation to be useful" is the best sensation. My grand-ma said all the time the "tired of work" is the best tired that exists ! According to me, life will be very boring if we have not a professionnal activity.... I know that working is making use, people don't want to do effort.....trades are never easy....sometimes people are so stupid Mad Mad Mad ......  Me too, I will prefer doing DIY in my garage or take avantage of my lovely garden ! I ask myself the question : If I didn't work and if I stay all the time in my garage to do DIY, I will appreciate as much as this time in my garage ?

Secondly, John, ya, there are lot of people that they don't work... (because of disease, sickness, illness but also because of "career unemployed" like you say)....but people don't have pleasure to NOT work, they feel like useless (for their family or other), most of time a depression come with... they have a sensation of inferiority (in front of people that are working)....For example, a person in my family don't work because she can't working (she is not capable of working, having rules and self discipline...)...Government helps her but she lives like a "recluse" since years.....I find her like very sad.....  John if you think that government helps "unemployed people" too much, what is the solution for you ? Stop helping people ? Kill this people because of their useless ?
Moreover, me, I am very afraid of my future...what kind of future I will going to have ? No job ? No money ? If, it's the case, I will be happy that the government helps me....But it's my point of view...

To conclude, What are the social safety in England ? How government helps people ?

I'm supposed to say things that surprise it's a way to increase discussion and hopefully thought.

So back to your first point. There are many people who are not in a position (it maybe due to intelligence or opportunity or health or background...) to be a teacher or doctor or to do a pleasant job allowing them to interact with others. They stack shelves or put items in boxes or cut plastic heels or clean toilets for 8 hours a day 5 days a week. Where is the pleeasure in that for a lifetime?

For your second point, I'm not talking about those who cannot work but more those who can and choose not to work because the state pays them enough to have a flat/house, food, clothing and still go out/ have the internet, smoke, drink... I know people who "earn" more than I do without doing any work - and I have 10 years university education and many years teaching experience. I think that there's something wrong with that situation. Even moreso when it is my taxes that are being given to these people (do I sound too right wing extremist now?). With regards social security in England, they give even more money than in France. I believe a safety net for those in need is a requirement of any reasonable country but I think the abuse of that generosity is grotesque.

More later, probably.


Hi !!!
I know… I know… that you say things that surprise in the a way to increase discussion (in fact it runs like clockwork !!) This discusion (because of my wonderful subject I think !) doesn’t seem to inspire lot of people….
It was obvious that there are no pleasure in cleaning toilets for 8 hours a day 5 days a week or other repetitive and alienating job….The problem is that poor people who come from poor family have more probability to do this kind of difficult job…..In perfect world, our backgroung couldn’t influence our future job…. I am very sad when I see that the gap between rich and poor people is increasing years after years…and presidents after presidents…..When I was working in a company, I saw people who worked a lot in the shop floor (between 900 and 1200 euros) and the director (who was never inside the company…..and I don't know what she is doing !) who had a very  big audi and earned more than 15 000 euros !!! (in One month she earned what a person earned in a year !!!)

Like Laure and you said, it’s exist people who take advantage of this generosity and abuse....but I think we have to see how much people "abuse" and how much people that really help. In the radio (or other media), Lots of people speak about people who abuse of the system...but in the reality, there are more people who don't touch the benefits (because they don't know and they are not informed) than people who abuse.....

Marion.LM

Posts : 130
Points : 593
Reputation : 10
Join date : 2017-09-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Vincent Balthazar on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:06 pm

Virginie Auclair wrote:hi,
I do not think because we can do other things than work, like being in associations, doing sports, traveling ..
but for me yes, I think a whole life without work is boring but of course it takes an interesting job, that we love!

Good weekend of 4 days for the packs hihi rabbit

Hi Virginie, I read very carefully your post and it was quiet teasing ! You have 4 days of week-end, I always wonder if you're not still on holidays (summer's holidays). Anyways I'm sûr you work hard during your 3rd day of week-end, so I conclude that you are very happy, otherwise it will be boring if you're not Wink.

For my part I think, it's difficult for us to be happy without working because we live in society where money is everything, so when you don't have, you may be sad because you can't pay whatever you want. But for other populations, for example Indigenous people, they live happily without "working" because the organization of the society doesn't works as ours. In ours, we need a job because it's socially normal and acceptable, and it's a synonym of success, if you have a good situation you are a good person. In the indigenous society, happiness isn't linked to work (at the first sight). So you can be happy without working Wink
avatar
Vincent Balthazar

Posts : 53
Points : 508
Reputation : 7
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Wissam on Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:36 pm

A professionnal activity = having or/and earning Skills to accomplish certain tasks. You can work for yourself or someone who employs you.

Living happy with a Professional activity ether means : increasing your quality of life with it or increasing someone's quality of life and you being recognized for it.

I would like to work for me and really improve others life, this would really make me happy; especially if i work in a charity organization. I don't know what, but i want to do that at some point of my life (discover, travel, learn…)


Now look at the retired workers, they Don't work, but they figure out ways to stay happy, doing what they want to do (painting, gardening, babysitting…)


These are the 2 sides of the coin.


Some people still think that money (from a job) leads to happiness, in a way you are paid for your work, this triggers the reward mecanism. But the real happiness is feeling pleasure 100% of the time…. it's getting to philosophical.

avatar
Wissam

Posts : 64
Points : 513
Reputation : 4
Join date : 2017-09-25
Age : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by ClémentJaunay on Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:17 am

In a sort of ideal world where we don't need to work to live, yes, we could be happy without working, spending time in creative activities, reading, doing sports, etc.

But we are in a world where money is the true leader. If you don't work, you don't have income. If you don't have income, you don't have a roof or food... Thats sucks, but that's our world.

But yeah, don't worry, that's exactly the way we are destroying it : for money. Smile

ClémentJaunay

Posts : 48
Points : 499
Reputation : 1
Join date : 2017-09-24

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Mayra Fernandes on Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:35 am

Hey people,

In my opinion, the society shapes us to want to have a work and they say since we are little we should be happy about it. In school, we are trained to be a professional, to think since we are 7 years old "what do we want to be in life?", so it's pretty clear that when we grow up we are already very conditionned to say we need a professional activity and a job to be happy. Without speaking about the capitalism system we live on where we need money to survive.

But I don't think we really need a professional activity to be happy, we feel happy being useful, creating, building, making a difference in the world. This feeling fulfills our need to have a purpose in life, and that's what makes us happy. For some is having a job, for others is having a familly, for others travelling, cooking, doing charity, it's all about giving a sense in our life.

Mayra Fernandes

Posts : 39
Points : 493
Reputation : 2
Join date : 2017-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Clémence Giraud on Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:19 pm

Hello,

While reading all your comments I feel sad. Our world is just working with money. If you don't have enough you cant' live. But in a lot of situations, you have to work a lot in order to get money and then maybe you can have a little retirement and when you are retiree, you don't have the health to do wathever you wanted to do before when you didn't had the time… So at the end you work in order to live but you live to work. Those who says that you can choose a work that you love are right but it is so difficult because maybe the job you love doesn't pay well or maybe there is no jobs available in the sector you want to work. This subjet make me so pessimist ahahaha.
avatar
Clémence Giraud

Posts : 72
Points : 540
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2017-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Jealousyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Post by Clémence Giraud on Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:22 pm

Vincent Balthazar wrote:
Virginie Auclair wrote:hi,
I do not think because we can do other things than work, like being in associations, doing sports, traveling ..
but for me yes, I think a whole life without work is boring but of course it takes an interesting job, that we love!

Good weekend of 4 days for the packs hihi rabbit

Hi Virginie, I read very carefully your post and it was quiet teasing ! You have 4 days of week-end, I always wonder if you're not still on holidays (summer's holidays). Anyways I'm sûr you work hard during your 3rd day of week-end, so I conclude that you are very happy, otherwise it will be boring if you're not Wink.

For my part I think, it's difficult for us to be happy without working because we live in society where money is everything, so when you don't have, you may be sad because you can't pay whatever you want. But for other populations, for example Indigenous people, they live happily without "working" because the organization of the society doesn't works as ours. In ours, we need a job because it's socially normal and acceptable, and it's a synonym of success, if you have a good situation you are a good person. In the indigenous society, happiness isn't linked to work (at the first sight). So you can be happy without working Wink


Vincent you're in your jealousy, we are in our Jaccuzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzi kiss kiss
avatar
Clémence Giraud

Posts : 72
Points : 540
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2017-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:36 pm

Clémence Giraud wrote:Hello,

While reading all your comments I feel sad. Our world is just working with money. If you don't have enough you cant' live. But in a lot of situations, you have to work a lot in order to get money and then maybe you can have a little retirement and when you are retiree, you don't have the health to do wathever you wanted to do before when you didn't had the time… So at the end you work in order to live but you live to work. Those who says that you can choose a work that you love are right but it is so difficult because maybe the job you love doesn't pay well or maybe there is no jobs available in the sector you want to work. This subjet make me so pessimist ahahaha.

welcome to the real world.

The only point you missed was that for most people their childhood until they leave school/uni they are supported by their parents and get most of their desires. It gives young people an unrealistic view of life. Now you are hitting or are about to hit reality (or it is going to hit you). The best years of your life are drawing to an end. The next few, if you get a job and have few financial responsibilities are going to be a delightful scream and then as the financial responsibilities hit life just becomes a scream. Twisted Evil
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3314
Points : 5604
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Clémence Giraud on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:48 pm

Admin wrote:
Clémence Giraud wrote:Hello,

While reading all your comments I feel sad. Our world is just working with money. If you don't have enough you cant' live. But in a lot of situations, you have to work a lot in order to get money and then maybe you can have a little retirement and when you are retiree, you don't have the health to do wathever you wanted to do before when you didn't had the time… So at the end you work in order to live but you live to work. Those who says that you can choose a work that you love are right but it is so difficult because maybe the job you love doesn't pay well or maybe there is no jobs available in the sector you want to work. This subjet make me so pessimist ahahaha.

welcome to the real world.

The only point you missed was that for most people their childhood until they leave school/uni they are supported by their parents and get most of their desires. It gives young people an unrealistic view of life. Now you are hitting or are about to hit reality (or it is going to hit you). The best years of your life are drawing to an end. The next few, if you get a job and have few financial responsibilities are going to be a delightful scream and then as the financial responsibilities hit life just becomes a scream. Twisted Evil

Well, "luckily" I work every holiday since I have 16, and even if it is not "real" work life I still can imagine very well my future resonsabilities pale
Wathever, thanks to bring up my spirit Sad Sad
avatar
Clémence Giraud

Posts : 72
Points : 540
Reputation : 17
Join date : 2017-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Admin on Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:51 pm

Clémence Giraud wrote:
Admin wrote:
Clémence Giraud wrote:Hello,

While reading all your comments I feel sad. Our world is just working with money. If you don't have enough you cant' live. But in a lot of situations, you have to work a lot in order to get money and then maybe you can have a little retirement and when you are retiree, you don't have the health to do wathever you wanted to do before when you didn't had the time… So at the end you work in order to live but you live to work. Those who says that you can choose a work that you love are right but it is so difficult because maybe the job you love doesn't pay well or maybe there is no jobs available in the sector you want to work. This subjet make me so pessimist ahahaha.

welcome to the real world.

The only point you missed was that for most people their childhood until they leave school/uni they are supported by their parents and get most of their desires. It gives young people an unrealistic view of life. Now you are hitting or are about to hit reality (or it is going to hit you). The best years of your life are drawing to an end. The next few, if you get a job and have few financial responsibilities are going to be a delightful scream and then as the financial responsibilities hit life just becomes a scream. Twisted Evil

Well, "luckily" I work every holiday since I have 16, and even if it is not "real" work life I still can imagine very well my future resonsabilities  pale
Wathever, thanks to bring up my spirit  Sad  Sad

Very Happy

Life is all downhill from here. Crying or Very sad
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 3314
Points : 5604
Reputation : 16
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Mégane on Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:52 pm

Hi !
This pesismist point of view is easy to have when you focus on you, on your dream to be happy, and when you search what is a good way of life. This is the point...and to find it, the only solution is to be open, open of what is happened in the world !

The life is make of difficulties but this not the only things. You know in France it is a country of liberties for a lot of people who didn't live there or didn't have the french nationality.
For example, for a lot of frensh people the taxes we payed are really suffocating when it prevents you from travelling, paying for go out, to go restaurants, to buy quality good or just being able to use heating when you're cold.
But in an other case we have free education, the right to watch internet and all movies we want (cf North Corea), right to go out night for girls.., and to have an helps if you're fired or if you don't find work right away.

It's very frustrating to see people who are unemployed taking advantage of it ! So what can we do ????
To make them work, leave them on the street...the people who benefit will not change.
All is matter is willingness ! So without willingness you make nothing.

Open your eyes because you can be happy if you choose it. It's all about state of mind :
-if you have an uninteresting job then you can project to travel, shares things with your friends and family, enjoys being in our free country by going to associations to fight for good causes..
-set money aside for a project that is important to you
-meets people, listens to career opportunities that may open up, goes to events, gives spontaneous applications

My response is a professional activity is essantial to make European society work and it is up to you to choose to be happy Wink
An happiness study said that having true and well-maintained social relationships allows us to stay healthier and feel happy  : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KkKuTCFvzI
avatar
Mégane

Posts : 59
Points : 519
Reputation : 9
Join date : 2017-09-20

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Melody Gazengel on Tue Nov 27, 2018 10:59 pm

Like many of you I think that working is part of life. When I stay at home for a long time without work or go out it's horrible, I do not make up, I keep my glasses, I sometimes stay in pajamas ... I can not stand to see me like that. Working allows you to have a rhythm of life, to get up in the morning and above all it allows to see people, meet new people, discuss, laugh.

It is important to have a job that we like, moreover about the internships I'm stressed, I hesitate between assistant product manager or packaging. I have the impression that it is decisive for the continuation and many criteria take into account the missions, the salary, the localization ... I try to make the good choices but it is not easy. For example, in interviews, I am asked about my background in applied arts and the fact that today I am in marketing, and that I apply for an offer with a panel study, recruiters sometimes think of my place, she will be bored with us...

So you have to good choose your voice!

Melody Gazengel

Posts : 39
Points : 502
Reputation : 8
Join date : 2017-09-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Lea GRELLIER on Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:41 pm

Hi !

As everyone has said before, it's important to have a job. I'm a bit like melody, when there isn't class, I stay in pyjamas, I get up late and I don't much of my day. While, when I have a busy day I am more active. It's strange.

So in my opinion, it is essential to have a job to have a rhythm of life. I can't stay several days without doing anything, I always have to do something. If I did nothing, I would quickly fall into the "depression".

Then, work allows you to have a salary, which allows you to be independent and also to have fun. And that's important too.

But what's even better is to do a job that we love! I'm often told that doing a job that we love is never really worked. I would like, later, not to wake up having "the ball in the stomach" to go to work. We must blossom in our work to be happy that seems essential to me.

Lea GRELLIER

Posts : 11
Points : 111
Reputation : 3
Join date : 2018-09-13

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Discussion - A professional activity is essential to live happy ? - both groups

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum