UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To be a good company !

3 posters

Go down

To be a good company !  Empty To be a good company !

Post by Mégane Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:19 pm

Hi ! Happy New Year at every body ! Very Happy

I really hope to work in a soustainable company and I want to learn more about the soustainable changement of our society Very Happy
I will present a video on ORORO.TV, Big Think :

Big company can be a force for good - if they ask the right questions - Lorna Davis (executive member of Danone company) she explains how the big company can contribuate at a better market more social and to expose their use of money earned. The Danone company wants to obtain B Corp certification.
The Certified B Companies balances purpose and profit. They are legally required to consider the impact of their decisions on their workers, customers, suppliers, community, and the environment.
It is a community of leaders, driving of a global movement of people using businesses as a force for good.

Example of company which are certified :
Innocent juice, Alpro, Bjorg bonneterre, Ecosia...

This model of business is an hope to improve the economy !

Do you have an other example of a soustainable model company ? Or of a leader who participate to soustanaible market ?
Mégane
Mégane

Back to top Go down

To be a good company !  Empty Re: To be a good company !

Post by Marion.LM Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:03 am

Hi Mégane !!
I love your subject because it's very "hard" to answer..... The most difficult is to define what is a "good company". The same company is "good" for certain person and very "bad" for other people.....For example, Monsanto is for me a very bad company which destroy our planet... but for person who work at Monsanto, it's a good company : "Proud to work at Monsanto" said workers at the company..... I have the same feeling for Lipton.....bad bad society....

On the other hand, lots of company show a "good image" for the public....but there are not so clean....For example Biocoop (even if it's a bio company) has a "dark" face..

Other point, I know a company which uses only "french" objets or material (made in France) to create glasses. But, the company refuses to well paid its employee and don't pay overtime. Is that a good company ?

"Do you have an other example of a soustainable model company ?" => Yes, but the problem is that it's not adaptable for the mass market. For example, I bought my gingerbread at a person who have a stand on the "market" the sunday. He uses only biologic ingredient and only in a area of 100 km.

The question is : Could we have a soustainable model company to feed 7 700 000 000 of humans in earth ?

Marion.LM

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:32 am

Marion.LM wrote:Hi Mégane !!
I love your subject because it's very "hard" to answer..... The most difficult is to define what is a "good company". The same company is "good" for certain person and very "bad" for other people.....For example, Monsanto is for me a very bad company which destroy our planet... but for person who work at Monsanto, it's a good company : "Proud to work at Monsanto" said workers at the company..... I have the same feeling for Lipton.....bad bad society....

On the other hand, lots of company show a "good image" for the public....but there are not so clean....For example Biocoop (even if it's a bio company) has a "dark" face..

Other point, I know a company which uses only "french" objets or material (made in France) to create glasses. But, the company refuses to well paid its employee and don't pay overtime. Is that a good company ?

"Do you have an other example of a soustainable model company ?" => Yes, but the problem is that it's not adaptable for the mass market. For example, I bought my gingerbread at a person who have a stand on the "market" the sunday. He uses only biologic ingredient and only in a area of 100 km.

The question is : Could we have a soustainable model company to feed 7 700 000 000 of humans in earth ?

Does your gingerbread salesperson make his/her spouse work without pay? Does he employ his/her underage children? If so is he a "good" company?

I hate the "made in France" marketing (we have had the same in England for a long time). It purports to be good, but isn't it really a form of nationalism and xenophobia? Would buying "made in Rwanda" be better?

Your final question is a great question. I think the answer is clearly "NO!" Genetically modified, non bio companies get a lot of hate but it is their products which may be able to feed the ever growing human population. Mr. Smiths Bio vegetable patch is not going to do it.

Bio has become an elite tag for the wealthy who can afford it and who want to feel superior. Sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Marion.LM Sat Jan 12, 2019 2:47 pm

Admin wrote:
Marion.LM wrote:Hi Mégane !!

Does your gingerbread salesperson make his/her spouse work without pay? Does he employ his/her underage children? If so is he a "good" company?

I hate the "made in France" marketing (we have had the same in England for a long time). It purports to be good, but isn't it really a form of nationalism and xenophobia? Would buying "made in Rwanda" be better?

Your final question is a great question. I think the answer is clearly "NO!" Genetically modified, non bio companies get a lot of hate but it is their products which may be able to feed the ever growing human population. Mr. Smiths Bio vegetable patch is not going to do it.

Bio has become an elite tag for the wealthy who can afford it and who want to feel superior. Sad  

Agree with you Mister Admin !!!! (not like the educational system !!!)Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz
When I buy Bio product is not to feel superior or to make a "good action" ; in fact I don't care because I know that 100% biologic product doesn't exit..I buy this kind of product because I find them "better" (efficacity, beautiful and better taste) than the other. (the "Couscous aux fleurs" by priméal is sooooo good !!!)
For example, I buy my honey in Biologic supermarket because I find that the honey in mass market doesn't have good taste...But I know perfectly that we don't know where the bees gather pollen (maybe in a toxic garden !)

Good question, I don't know if my gingerbread salesperson make his spouse work without pay.....or employ his children....I think it's not a good idea to ask him...maybe he could take badly !! Laughing  Laughing but You have right

Marion.LM

Back to top Go down

Post by Mégane Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:03 pm

Hi Marion !
This is true that company can be good in a side, as Mosanto that install a good ambiance with the employees respect. But it doesn't respect the soustainable development...

We are a lot on earth, and a big industry who sells at the international can't be really responsible..big production refers to big free place, deforestation, territory purchase (population displacement), reduce price, rapidity..

The sustainable model is in a little area with an eco-system that respond at it-self in a little zone. To reduce the time of transport, to be more close each others (sellers and costumers),..and to use the exchange of services to reduce the prices.
Mégane
Mégane

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:14 pm

Mégane wrote:Hi Marion !
This is true that company can be good in a side, as Mosanto that install a good ambiance with the employees respect. But it doesn't respect the soustainable development...

We are a lot on earth, and a big industry who sells at the international can't be really responsible..big production refers to big free place, deforestation, territory purchase (population displacement), reduce price, rapidity..

The sustainable model is in a little area with an eco-system that respond at it-self in a little zone. To reduce the time of transport, to be more close each others (sellers and costumers),..and to use the exchange of services to reduce the prices.

Isn't that the opposite of the idea that economies of scale are good?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mégane Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:25 pm

Hi Mister Admin !

"Does your gingerbread salesperson make his/her spouse work without pay? Does he employ his/her underage children? If so is he a "good" company?"
This is difficult to know we need a strong control on that..but abuse is difficult to detect when victims do not speak out and no one is there to protect them

"Bio has become an elite tag for the wealthy who can afford it and who want to feel superior." that depends a lot of people said it is just marketing but in an other hand, why people can't really sells fruit with less pesticides (even if the product are more little), or less beautifull (as the wax puts on the oranges to shine)...That is more a question to review the marketing and the vision on a beautifull product. Because to add additif nocif just to have a better apparence have a bad consequences on health. I really want to promote in a better way some natural products (that can be little, weird, or no-shining, no colorfull).
This is not the natural color : To be a good company !  Jambon10

This is not shining without the wax : To be a good company !  35300311

Vegetables can be weird but originals (Intermarché, 2014) : To be a good company !  Interm10

An other things a lot of products in Supermarkets are thrown in garbage cans. Some improvements are made by lowering prices on the last days of consumption but why not make good use of it and redistribute it...
Mégane
Mégane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mégane Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:37 pm

"Isn't that the opposite of the idea that economies of scale are good?" true, in economy we learned that we have to do the economie of scale but there is a maximun point where it is good for benefit, because after you can't have a good company who manage sociability, economy and environnement in same time.
More you take market places, you necessarily crush others and the market is no longer balanced.

So we have to share and control more the market in function of the place and the needs.
But this is an utopie.. we can't stop the war of prices and market places, some people always take advantages of the system and cheats..
Mégane
Mégane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mégane Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:51 pm

Good evening,
Clemence shows me an article "Saving biodiversity means eating quality French meat" Le Monde, Anne-Cécile Suzanne (7/01/2019), it talks about the breeding that are indispensable to preserve our biodiversity. Because who better than a breeder will either take some wild space where his animals live.
And as want some vegan or vegetarian, if it's remplace by cereal cultivation (too large a scale) that will be also bad for fauna and flora.

So even the market is not perfect, this is where all begin.
Do the best we can to be less polluted ! We are costumers, we have a power (even little) if we communicate between us, in giving some advices, we will progress on some aspects.
And this article exposes : if you eat less meat you can take a good french meat at the butcher.

So my new question is : Have you some tips on your responsible consumption that your learned during 2017 ? Or have you some resolutions for the year 2019 ?
Mégane
Mégane

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:34 am

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mégane Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:50 pm

Hi !
Flexitarian regim is good to mixt all the food we can. Our planet is rich of a lot of vegetables, beans, meet, protein sources...Because if we eat of everything and seasonal food it will be better for the cultivated land.

However, just changing diets is nowhere near enough. But according to its researches, the diet will prevent about 11 million people dying each year.

But I disagree with "To make the numbers add up, also requires a halving of food waste and an increase in the amount of food produced on current farmland" because the quality meat is already expensive.
Mégane
Mégane

Back to top Go down

Post by Mégane Sat Jan 26, 2019 3:10 pm

Hi everybody !!

I found a company more responsible in Fashion industrie !
Since 2016, Les récupérables (https://www.lesrecuperables.com/), is made in France, in Insertion Workshops.
The brand is part of the Circular Economy, following the principle of upcycling.
The clothes are made from existing textiles (vintage household linen, fine rolls, tapestries, non-compliant working fabric) collected and purchased from some partners (Emmaüs, Le Relais, TDV Industries, brands).

More informations (in french sorry) :
https://fr.ulule.com/les-recuperables/
https://www.lesinrocks.com/2017/10/23/style/les-recuperables-la-marque-qui-transforme-des-chutes-de-tissu-en-pieces-mode-111000398/
Mégane
Mégane

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down