UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

autonomous work: just a little story I wrote (Badr)

3 posters

Go down

autonomous work: just a little story I wrote (Badr) Empty autonomous work: just a little story I wrote (Badr)

Post by b.ettoumi Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:52 pm

Etil was a very ambitious and lively extra-terrestrial from Pluto, his dream was to travel everywhere and visit the whole solar system, his coup de Coeur was planet earth, it seemed so colorful, its green and blue colors made it seem so beautiful and relaxing.
Etil worked all of the last 3 summers to save enough money to visit earth, it was the thing he was most looking forward to, nothing could stop him, or at least, that’s what he thought. This morning while listening to Earth channel on the inter-planetary radio, he heard something that he wasn’t expecting, it crushed him, Earthlings decided that Pluto isn’t a Planet anymore, and earth will only allow tourists from inside the solar system from now on, Etil couldn’t believe what he just heard, this meant his most precious dream, the dream he worked so long and so hard for was now impossible to fulfil.
Etil thought this decision to be so unfair, he has been depressed for a long time now, nothing had any meaning to him at all. “Why wouldn’t someone change that?” he asked, “why wouldn’t someone step up?” Not finding answers to these questions, Etil realized that he could be that answer he was looking for, that he could be the one to step up and change things, it was at this moment that Etil decided to enter law school and devote all of his time and effort to “Make Pluto a planet again!”.
Etil spent the following years studying law and gathering scientific and political arguments to support his cause, it was hard and tiring, but he was hopeful, nothing could stop him.
Several years later, Etil had all he needed, his case was solid, his arguments were undeniable and his proofs were nothing but facts.
The day has come, the earth comity was here to listen to him, they weren’t going to play it easy, they were serious about their previous decision, they had lots of questions, they were prepared, but not nearly as much as Etil, he had answers for every single question and his logic was flawless. Earthlings had no other choice, Pluto was once more the sun’s 9th child. All of Etil’s anger, fatigue and sadness faded away, he was now the happiest being on the solar system.
His dream was now closer than ever, it was one trip away, Etil packed his suitcase as fast as one could and hopped on the first ship headed to earth since the decision, Etil was so impatient that the trip felt way longer than it actually was, but the ship landed eventually and Etil’s heartbeat went off the charts, “it’s happening” he said to himself “it’s f****** happening”.
Etil’s excitement was unmatched, the Earthlings organized a trip called “A journey around the world” to show Etil Earth in all its glory, even though he was happier than ever, he was skeptical to why the journey around the world didn’t include every place on earth, he chose to keep these thoughts for later and enjoy the trip for now.
Etil thought the days were way shorter than those in Pluto, and earth was warmer than he was prepared for, but other than that, earth was even more beautiful and breathtaking than in his wildest dreams, the sight of the mountains, the beaches and the forests was hypnotizing, “I could keep staring forever” he said.
The “Journey around the world” came to an end, Etil never experienced this much satisfaction in his life, but the thought that there are more places to visit, places that were not included in the journey around the world, made him even happier, it sent chills up and down his body.
Etil started the second part of his journey, he was all alone now, wandering the earth as he pleases, with no one telling him where to go, no one shaping his path.
Few days into the journey, the magic started to fade away, Etil’s heart was shattered to pieces, not because the mountains were not as glorious anymore, not because the beaches were not as beautiful, not because the landscapes were not as beautiful. It was because Etil’s solo journey introduced him to the dark side of the blue planet, he was introduced to wars and their cruelty, to hunger and its mercilessness and to to natural disasters and their devastation. Etil’s idealistic image of earth is now no more. He has seen what he cannot unsee, he now knows that amid this Eldorado, there is suffering, pain and injustice unlike anywhere else.
What was once for him the perfect painting of the perfect landscape is now stained with blood, mud and tears.
b.ettoumi
b.ettoumi

Back to top Go down

autonomous work: just a little story I wrote (Badr) Empty Re: autonomous work: just a little story I wrote (Badr)

Post by Admin Thu Jan 10, 2019 8:23 pm

Sad

Your writing is great.

The hint of politics is tantalising.

Still isn't Etil just another immigrant trying to get to the promised land.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

autonomous work: just a little story I wrote (Badr) Empty Re: autonomous work: just a little story I wrote (Badr)

Post by Marion.LM Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:30 am

Hi Badr !
Very touching story....

You have invented all the story ? Or it's a part of a tale that you known before ?
Are you a writer ? because it's so beautiful Smile
Are you going to write more texts ? because Now, you have two loyal readers !!

Marion.LM

Back to top Go down

Post by b.ettoumi Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:14 am

Admin wrote:Sad

Your writing is great.

The hint of politics is tantalising.

Still isn't Etil just another immigrant trying to get to the promised land.

Thanks John Very Happy

yes, he is, and the promised land isn't all fun and games.
b.ettoumi
b.ettoumi

Back to top Go down

Post by b.ettoumi Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:20 am

Marion.LM wrote:Hi Badr !
Very touching story....

You have invented all the story ? Or it's a part of a tale that you known before ?
Are you a writer ? because it's so beautiful Smile
Are you going to write more texts ? because Now, you have two loyal readers !!

Hello, Marion

And wow, thank's a lot. Actually no, I'm obviously not a writer, it's my first time writing something.
Yes i came up with the story when i was supposed to work haha *guilty*
i don't know if i have the time, you know... but i'll try for sure. Anything to please my 2 loyal readers haha Laughing
b.ettoumi
b.ettoumi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum