Week 2 Discussion - Yellow Jackets and democracy

Go down

Week 2 Discussion - Yellow Jackets and democracy Empty Week 2 Discussion - Yellow Jackets and democracy

Post by Admin on Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:11 pm

A more serious topic this week.

I want you to discuss the yellow Jackets (gilets jaune) and the governments actions over the last few weeks. Do you think that demonstrating is a good way to make a point? I also want you to give your views on elections in France (and the world). Will you vote at the next election? Will you research the views of politicians? What do you think of Politicians? How can the system be improved? And anything else you want to say.
Admin
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Discussion - Yellow Jackets and democracy Empty Re: Week 2 Discussion - Yellow Jackets and democracy

Post by Florian Brédif on Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:54 pm

Movement of Yellow Jackets is against the french governments. This demonstrating could be fine if there was no physical violence. During the previously elections, I could vote but I didn't do it because for me policy is not interesting and I was not interested to engage me. To the next elections I think I'm voting.
I think that be Politicians today is difficult and request great responsabilities. The system can be improved if Politicians and citizens will listen.
But whatever happens, there will always be people dissatisfied with the system, this is impossible to satsify everyone.

Florian Brédif

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Discussion - Yellow Jackets and democracy Empty Re: Week 2 Discussion - Yellow Jackets and democracy

Post by Simon-dallet on Sun Jan 20, 2019 8:13 pm

the manifestation of the yellow jackets is created by the disagreement between the public opinion and the government especially at the level of taxes ...
But violence is very much a part of this protest, or it has no place, many groups of peaceful demonstrators have formed to show the government that public opinion wants radical change, but the government has done like if it has not been since the first demonstration in the month of November. it was then that groups of rioters appeared and degraded the cities, broke store frontiers ... these movements of rioters have no place to be. On the side of the government it is difficult to be politicians, to be heard in front of the whole country that requires great responsibility. Finally, I will say that everyone's satisfaction will never be possible.

Simon-dallet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Paultes on Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:22 pm

The mouvement of the yelllow jackets part of a good principle where French citizens are mobilizing to denounce the increases in taxes, fuel and the precarious financial situation of some people. Now, the movement continues with several reasons that are lost and no longer makes sense of this national manifestation. Thus the violence and stupidity of the human takes over what causes material and human damage. Finally, the movement that was to be mobilizing and peaceful with a specific objective to make life cheaper, has turned into a real theater between the power and the people.

Benjamin Paultes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aymeric Bouquet on Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:26 pm

the movement of yellow jackets starting with the increase in taxes and especially on fuel. This movement brought together many Frenchmen to encourage them to block traffic as well as the entrance of major businesses. This movement unfolds throughout France and continues especially on weekends. This movement has caused many damage and overflow that goes beyond the purpose of the demonstration and that I find unacceptable.

Aymeric Bouquet

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eden michel on Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:14 pm

I think, this movement is good. In fact, they fight against the political system in France, more exactly, against taxes on fuel. But, sadly, with the evenement of previous weekend, we can see that the demonstrations take very large sizes. If we take the exemple of Paris, we can see that the demonstrators are burning cars, that they fight against the police, and these demonstrations show that it goes too far.
So, I'm agree with the background of this event but not the form.

Eden michel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Quentin Rosel on Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:09 pm

I think that the movement of yellow vests is justified in view of the taxes put in place by the State. I think to go to vote in the next elections but before, I will go to watch the program the relevant one. To come back to the demonstrations, I think people are using the beginning of the movement to break everything and create a phenomenon of violence.

Quentin Rosel

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien Sabourin on Mon Jan 21, 2019 7:26 pm

I think first of all that the yellow jackets movement has grown so much because of the media and social networks that will unfortunately do everything they can to put their interests ahead of the community. Also, the purpose of elections in France is to respect democracy. Personally, I intend to vote in the next elections because I was convinced in EMC of this civic duty. On some sensitive points I think that the referendum could be an idea, but we should be careful about its repercussions.

Adrien Sabourin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Hubert Clément on Mon Jan 21, 2019 8:07 pm

The movement of yellow vests in France is a spontaneous social movement, the yellow vest manifest against the state. Mobilization is motivated by the rejection of the increase of the internal consumption tax on energy products. It is rapidly expanding to other tax and social demands, ie an increase in purchasing power ... As well as policies, it is an improvement of representative democracy, in particular through the citizens' initiative referendum. In addition they demand a resignation of the President of the Republic

Hubert Clément

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NathanLEROY on Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:49 pm

To my mind, this movement started with good intentions, but it wasn't organized in the best way because it wasn't unionized. Many groups of yellow jersey have blocked importants traffic circle that make many people angry against these groups.

NathanLEROY

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by idris hamidi on Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:44 pm

The yellow vest is what? It is the emergence of a movement against the rise in the price of fuels, several people have made this cause and plan to lead blockages throughout the country to be heard for me the movement is good and right. Indeed chachun has the right to make his voice heard.However I am against the "form", the bottom is understandable and just draws however, there is a lot of overflow.

Last edited by idris hamidi on Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

idris hamidi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by margotgregoire on Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:13 pm

Yellow jackets have been demonstrating for several months to defend their opinions. They put themselves on the roads to block cars and thus make traffic jams. They also destroyed a lot of radar and blocked tolls. For me it was a good intention but with their organization it was a lot of fun

margotgregoire

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mateo Zientek on Tue Jan 22, 2019 6:14 pm

yellow jacket use the social network to bring the people to manifeste . They fight for many différent reason for example the augmentation of the gasoline taxes.I respect there meaning but i'm not agree with some act that they do.
Sure i will vote for the next election because we have this right an it's important that all people gives his meaning about politics.
I think to be a politician it's hard because you can't make happy the totality of the population

Mateo Zientek

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by baptistebordron on Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:34 pm

Movement of Yellow Jackets started in 17 november 2018 and that movement is in train. This movement, including all societal layers, is a rebellion against the french government due to the economic situation of the french population and induce, according to them, by the political decisions of the french president Macron like for exemple raising diesel taxes. This rebellion is reprensent by the blocklage traffic, by the important manifestation in Paris and which led to violence sometimes. So to stop, It's necessary that the government to react and brings solutions.

baptistebordron

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Judicael Vergnaud on Sun Jan 27, 2019 6:21 pm

French people doesnt' agree with the government decison since several months so they had created a movement called "Gilets Jaunes". This movement consist in blocking the roundabout and to put in difficulty the trafic but during this movement France lost a lot of money and some people took advantage to break shop front and burn car and these people make this movement no believable

Judicael Vergnaud

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Trawalé Nathan on Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:07 pm

The yellow jackets movement is a populist grassroots political movement for economic justice that began in France in 2018.France is the first country to see the birth of the movement. It appears on social networks, during the month of October 2018, with calls from citizens to protest against the increase in the domestic consumption tax on energy products, decided by the Philippe government. Gradually, other claims are put forward, especially to reduce the cost of living or strengthen democracy.

Trawalé Nathan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by VINIANE Méline on Tue Jan 29, 2019 3:03 pm

yellow jackets: The increase in fuel prices in recent months has given rise to a major protest movement relayed on social networks. A sling that wants to be spontaneous and found its peak on November 17, 2018. More than 290,000 people demonstrated that day, taking part in many operations, throughout France. And the movement is growing. Hundreds of sites are targeted by blockages throughout France.

VINIANE Méline

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin.Gr on Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:27 pm

The yellow vest movement is a movement that has been going on for a few weeks now due to many problems, especially economic ones, because of our dear president who unfortunately doesn't want to hear anything and stays in his positions as people demonstrate, block roads, break radars to show their dissatisfaction. The problem is that also people are injured and even die because of this movement due to the excessive overflow of police officers but also demonstrators who are just there for the break-in. Our country is in full division!

Corentin.Gr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Charpentier Charlotte on Wed Feb 13, 2019 5:20 pm

I think yellow jackets are brave enough to go out and defend their opinions. And in my opinion, the people who spit on them are just idiots because they would surely make them to defend their ideas and the only way they find to belittle them is to insult them and sometimes even to hurt them.

Charpentier Charlotte

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Petit Valentin on Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:33 pm

For me, the yellow jacket have reason to manifest, the right of manifest for express their opinion. But it's too bad some pepole enjoy of crowd movement to be violent

Petit Valentin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down