UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Semester 2 Group A First week - Netflix

+16
Cheick
Blong
Marina Di Cocco
SALMA FARES
Victor Chevalier
Léa Aupetit
Babis Papageorgiou
Chloé Gailledrat
Clothilde Pluchart
Damaye Alexis
Antoine DEBERTOLIS
Léanne Imare
Emeline Giffard
Amelie Trarieux
Cédric Bourgeois
Admin
20 posters

Go down

Semester 2 Group A First week - Netflix Empty Semester 2 Group A First week - Netflix

Post by Admin Wed Jan 16, 2019 6:15 pm

Not sure why you are anti-Prime or HBO but you've chosen to talk about Netflix.

Over to you...

By the way you can also write in the Group B topic if you wish.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Group A First week - Netflix Empty Re: Semester 2 Group A First week - Netflix

Post by Cédric Bourgeois Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:41 pm

Hi, I'm a casual user of Netflix (I use my sister account), this kind of platform is interesting because we can see a film in streaming legally.
But I think that Netflix is a little bit expensive, and I don't know if you've seen but the price was increase in USA, so it will be probably the same in France in the future. ( https://edition.cnn.com/2019/01/15/media/netflix-raising-prices/index.html )

I'm not here to do some ads but if you want another nice legal streaming website you have Amazon Prime Video, you have a lot of interesting film and series (like The man in the high castle that I talk in my oral). You just need to have an Amazon Prime account (free for 6 months if you're under 25yo) for 24€/years, so 2€/months ! So for 2€ you can have free Amazon shipping and free series, it's really profitable !
So, yes you don't have the same series that Netflix but you can really find a lot of interesting thing !
Cédric Bourgeois
Cédric Bourgeois

Birthday : 1995-02-08

Back to top Go down

Semester 2 Group A First week - Netflix Empty Re: Semester 2 Group A First week - Netflix

Post by Amelie Trarieux Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:07 pm

AHAHAHAHA sorry as I spend most of my life on Netflix I feel like I should write something here.

My laugh was for Cedric as he should really find an internship for Amazon considering his knowledge on the brand!
I won't give my opinion on the price as my father is the one paying for my account but it had a great impact on my life as my parents now finally understand why I've spent the past 8 years binge-watching series.
There's a lot of series on Netflix (good or bad), however, I personally really like HBO series. I think that Netflix is good for lazy people (like me) because everything is on a (legal) platform and this way it's easy the find a show in vo and adjust the subtitles at your convenience.
Amelie Trarieux
Amelie Trarieux

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline Giffard Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:16 pm

I'm actually part of those people that have a subsciption to Netflix but who actually DON'T USE IT that much....what a shame.

I like to watch series from time to time, but not on a regular basis I have to admit. I have few series that I REALLY ADORE and that would get me hooked in just a matter of minutes, but most of the time I don't really use Netflix...I mean, the new season of the series that i am dying to watch this year isn't even on Netflix (you all know which one it is, Valar Morghulis)

On a side note, you can always count on Cedric when it comes to finding some good deals, we're talking about the man who has many chinese contacts on Facebook to get many vacuum cleaner for low prices. Nothing can stop this bloke from saving his money haha. Very Happy

Emeline Giffard
Emeline Giffard

Back to top Go down

Post by Léanne Imare Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:20 pm

Good evening everybody. I chose to write here, on the A group because I don’t know anything about B group subject and I think Netflix is way more interesting. Such as a lot of student here I’m using Netflix, but I’m sharing the price with my boyfriend, so it’s cost me only 5 Euro and I don’t think that’s expensive. Of course, what I like in Netflix is the fact that they propose a lot of new tv shows. There is every type, and everybody can find something they’ll mostly like. Therefore, I think it’s a shame that there is not as many variety of films. I mean, don’t you think it’s awkward that sometimes you can find some interesting or unknown films, but sometimes you can’t even find a famous movie such as a Marvel or a DC one. Moreover, you can find the fourth season of a tv show season but not the first!! WTF!!! How bothersome! What do you guys think about this situation?
Léanne Imare
Léanne Imare

Back to top Go down

Post by Cédric Bourgeois Sun Jan 20, 2019 2:22 pm

Emeline Giffard wrote:
On a side note, you can always count on Cedric when it comes to finding some good deals, we're talking about the man who has many chinese contacts on Facebook to get many vacuum cleaner for low prices. Nothing can stop this bloke from saving his money haha.  Very Happy

Cédric Bourgeois
Cédric Bourgeois

Birthday : 1995-02-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine DEBERTOLIS Sun Jan 20, 2019 10:59 pm

Hi everybody !
I’m a fan of Netflix, I use the account of my brother every week. Me I pay Deezer and Max my brother Netflix, it is the deal.
In the past I went to a lot of plateform not very legal to find a good movie and it was very long and boring and after you have virus on your computer…. And now Netflix it’s my resurrection, you have a lot of categories with a lot of very attractive series, movies and documentaries. I think in general series and documentaries have a better quality than the movie on Netflix.
However, you can easily choose to swipe the movie in French or in English with or without subtitles, very convenient.
I really recommended people to have an account, for 10 euros month, is not expensive for the lot of choice you have.
See you.
Antoine DEBERTOLIS
Antoine DEBERTOLIS

Back to top Go down

Post by Damaye Alexis Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:25 pm

I use Netflix because on this platform I can choose the langage and in this way put it in English and also put the subtitles in English. So, with both of them in the same time I almost understand everything and it improves slowly my level I think.
I use it only because someone borrow me his account. If it was not the case, I don't think I had buy a subscription, even if the possibility to watch something in english with the english subtitles is unique ?
Even if the number of movies available is great, on the side of anime it's really not enough. farao
On the other hand, probably for some teenagers, Netflix can lead to academic failure because they spend too much times on it
Damaye Alexis
Damaye Alexis

Back to top Go down

Post by Clothilde Pluchart Mon Jan 21, 2019 6:22 pm

Hi everyone,

I'm also a fan of Netflix. But isn't me who pay, it's my parents.

Why I love Netflix?

First, for the series, you have a lot of choice such as fantastic, horror, action, science fiction, romantic as you wish.

Secondly, you choice the language that you want and you choice also the subtitles. For the moment, I keep the subtitles in French but I think it's time for me to pass in English (I'm dont sure to understand everything but it's time to try).

Thirdly, the series specific which are only on Netflix for me are the more interesting. I love to speak the other people such with Amelie of series (for example: the protector) and also it's great to choice the other serie thanks to advice of friends.

You will have understood I love Netflix and I think that no will change this for the moment.

Bye. Have a good evening. Very Happy
Clothilde Pluchart
Clothilde Pluchart

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Gailledrat Mon Jan 21, 2019 9:15 pm

Hello Everybody !

I'm a Serie Addict but I don't use Netflix. I tried one month for free but I thinks Netflix is not very interesting in my case because I can find all my favorite series in others website without subscribe. Futhermore, I thinks Netflix list of series is not very huge and doesn't make a real difference, even for movies. But Netflix is good producing new series every year and make discover new shows like "13 Reasons Why" or "Elite". Netflix is one of the well-known brand by teenagers and young adults (like us of course !).

I used to go on different websites to watch my weekly series such as "Subsmovies" which suggests a large choice of foreign subtitle and thanks to that, I can watch my series in English and English subtitle or even in Italien subtitle if I want so it's really interesting. I have always two or three websites like that in case if one of them sink.

I used to watch around five or six shows per week : Monday is for Supergirl, Tuesday for The Flash, Thursday for Riverdale and Friday for The Big Bang Theory, Gotham, Grey's Anatomy and Dynasty (2017 Reboot). And for the week-end I binge-watch old series, currently I watch Vampire Diaries and Glee because it's their 10th Birthday ! And I try to catch my late for Jane the Virgin , and Game of Thrones. In fact I realize it's quite a lot... Sometimes I think I should do a lot of things meanwhile all this time ! And it's what I do, I do my homework and watch series the same time just because I'm a Screens Addict. Is there a rehab or something for that ?
Chloé Gailledrat
Chloé Gailledrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Babis Papageorgiou Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:06 pm

Hello everyone,

I hope, I am not the only persson in both groups that hasn't a Netflix account!

It's not because of the subscription! The ammount is really low when you share your account!
It's because of its variety of movies and series!
If you want to see a serie from another channel or an old movie you haven't the option in Netflix!

I have to admit that the Marketing of Netflix is excellent but I'm a pirate and I prefer to download than pay the americans!
Why to stay in the options of Netflix when you can download allmost everything!

Furthermore, the thing that I don't like in some people who use Netflix is that they will try everything that Netflix propose, like series or film, because it's easy, it's fast and because they are bored to search a little bit more in other sites! I am sorry but the majority of them are bullshit!

Netflix is like 'restaurants a la carte' who have only 3 plates each day and you can't eat something else!

Peace!
Babis Papageorgiou
Babis Papageorgiou

Back to top Go down

Post by Léanne Imare Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:07 am

I agree with Antoine and Alexis! The number of languages available on Netflix is one of its best benefit. We're so used to watch movies in English or in French, that sometimes we don't even know what's the original language of the movie. I don’t know if you’ve already watched “La Casa de Papel”, but I didn’t realize it was a Spanish movie, until I chose to watch it in the VO on Netflix. Thanks to that, I know that other country can also make great tv shows.

I also Agree with Babys in the fact that when I’m using Netflix I don’t know what to watch and I’m just “zapping”. Sometimes I can do that during 15 minutes without being interested in anything. It generally happened when the film I wanted to watch is not available. And as Babys said, I’m too lazy to go on the Internet to watch it so I’m looking for something else and I finally click on something I already watched or on something that doesn’t seems that good.

Semester 2 Group A First week - Netflix Graeme10

PS : You’re totally right Alexis, there are not enough animes on Netflix.
Léanne Imare
Léanne Imare

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa Aupetit Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:59 am

To my mind Netflix is a great platform but it can be dangerous at the same time. It's really easy to stay in front of your computer for three days without seeing the light of the day hahaha.
During a lesson last Friday the participant told us it was also negative sometimes because Netflix's algorithm always propose us what we used to watch so we don't open ourself to other type of movies or series. We stay focused in our confortable zone. This argument can be extent to other subjects in ou daily life. A good way to say we should be more open-minded.

Léa Aupetit

Back to top Go down

Post by Victor Chevalier Tue Jan 22, 2019 12:48 pm

Hi everyone, Netflix is great platforms. I use my brother identifies. I use often Netflix for see different series and movies, it propose me a large selection of series creat by them like "stranger think", "Marco Polo" or recently "sex education", these series is super and very interesting. it created other series about super heros as "dardevil" or "jessica Jones" (the first season beacause the second seacon less exciting). Netflix proposes also a wide of animated series Japaneses. it is very simple to use Netflix but it is very negatif because it is very adictif, I already watched a series in two days. Netflix is practice for learned a other language because it is possible to watch series and movies in english french or spanish.
Victor Chevalier
Victor Chevalier

Back to top Go down

Post by SALMA FARES Tue Jan 22, 2019 3:09 pm

hello everyone,

I used netflix only for two months, because I used twice the free trial with two different credit cards looolll, I must say that I liked there are many interesting series and can be seen in many languages. netflix I think it can help many people improve their English, in fact in the two months I have been using netflix I have learned some words that I did not know.
As for the post of cedric I liked what he wrote about Amazon Prime I think its cheap and you can see many series, I really think that I will sign up, thank you CéCé.
SALMA FARES
SALMA FARES

Back to top Go down

Post by Marina Di Cocco Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:14 pm

Hello everybody, I use Netflix too and i love Netflix's series. I didn't watch all Netflix's creations but i think that their creations are very good ! But also you have many choices and I love the communication strategy of Netflix ! If you watch their tweets, it's always funny and so true ahahah
I'm actually watching Las chicas del cable (In spannish, sorry John...) and Outlander, and I'm going to watch "You" I think because i saw this series everywhere on social medias.
Netflix it's more than a platform, it's a concept now, we all now "Netflix & Chill" and in my opinion it represent a concept itself. I'm a fan of netflix, i'm the kind of people who begins to watch an episode but don't finish it, so Netflix saved me. And also it's so easy to watch a movie oe a series on netflix, it's easier than others illegal platforms.
In conclusion, life is better with Netflix Laughing
Marina Di Cocco
Marina Di Cocco

Back to top Go down

Post by Blong Tue Jan 22, 2019 4:41 pm

Hi everyone !

I'm a user of Netflix since it was launched in France. I think streaming for a low price is a really good thing because it avoids you to download illegaly movies or series. Moreover, there are many many many things to watch but the emergence of streaming is creating new actors such as Amazon Prime Video or Disney's platform which will be launch really soon. All Marvel's shows that are cancelled by Netflix now will be on Disney's platform when it will be available. It means that people will have to subscribe to many platforms in several years to acces to what they want which is good. It will force the platforms to offer better and better films or series. For example, Manchester by The Sea is a really good movie which was launched by Amazon and won several awards and I hope that Netflix will make movies as good as this one.
Streaming will become the basis of our consumption concerning multimedia with for example Spotify for music and Netflix for movies. In the future, Video Games will be played in streaming as well. Google had already tested it with the video game "Assassin's Creed Odyssey" and it was a success. Streaming is getting bigger and bigger.
Blong
Blong

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheick Tue Jan 22, 2019 5:04 pm

So, we all agree that Netflix is our best friend for weekend evenings when we're alone. We have the films at will, with different themes and series always as cool as ever:-). However, when you move away from this wonderful world of Netflix, the company is not a business model to follow. Does that concern you?

Cheick

Back to top Go down

Post by iman ghouzi Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:29 pm

I was a user of Netflix as well but stopped my subsciption because i realised i didnt have time to watch any series. But i can say that is the best streaming platform to see series for an interesting price . the quality is very high and the choise is really wide . And in addition you can share your account with other people and watch all at the same time.
But there is also a negative aspect : it really create dependence. i have to avoid that this is also part of my decision to stop the subscription. i realised that i was watching a lot of episodes and i couldn't stop .
But of course i will be back on Netflix.
iman ghouzi
iman ghouzi

Back to top Go down

Post by Meghane Cren Wed Jan 23, 2019 12:38 pm

Netflix is DEFINITLY the application I use the MOST <3. Whether on my boxing TV, on my computer or on my phone. I live Netflix (obviously, I look at everything that is possible in English: do zeal). Beside, I have Bouygues Boxing to own the internet and watch Netflix. That is alll. I rarely watch television. It is for me an invention of the Gods (and the 8th wonder of the world - although, soon Disney will launch its own platform and there is a good chance that I too will subscribe. The dark side of the force will defeat me. What I like about this type of platform is their diversity, their variations : they are on all segments, what a good strategy ! They have decimated the competition and I think they will continue on this path.

Moreover, for those who have Twitter, follow their profiles. Their community managers are GENIAL !

kisses.
Meghane Cren
Meghane Cren

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Besson Mon Jan 28, 2019 3:03 pm

Sorry guys I have completely forgotten to write in this post. That was however a good subject and I want to discuss quickly about it. I am a subscriber to this platform and I am completely in love of it. Netflix saved my life when I am sad or when I get bored. More recently, I have seen Bird box with Sandra Bullock and I liked this NETFLIX movie. Netflix use experiential marketing to attract us in this platform and it does work. That's all for this post folks Smile
Jordan Besson
Jordan Besson

Birthday : 1997-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Ravahiti Mon Jan 28, 2019 4:24 pm

Hello everyone,

( Sorry I thought that my comment was published but no ... there it's !!! )

Hello everyone,

I am not addicted to Netflix (maybe because I do not have enough time to us it), but when I have time I really appreciate to watch a series. I discovered Netflix thanks to a friend and then I have try the « free-month » in order to choose if I really wanted to have my own account. After this month, I choose to register but the problem is that I pay not only for me, but also for my parents ahah ! They have discovered Netflix thanks to my account and are addicted to it ! My 3 years-old son is also a Netflix addict because he can use it to watch some cartoons. I really appreciate Netflix for this because I can control what he is watching by creating him an account for « kids » !

So for me, Netflix is more something that I pay to entertain my family than myself ahah !

Ravahiti

Birthday : 1996-02-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum