UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ariana Grande " God is woman" MV.

3 posters

Go down

Ariana Grande " God is woman" MV. Empty Ariana Grande " God is woman" MV.

Post by Léanne Imare Mon Jan 28, 2019 7:53 pm

Hello everybody!
As promised, here is my topic on Ariana grande's music video : "God is a woman".
I want to talk about it because I didn't understand  everything. I mean the video is quite weird. Does someone understands why there are groundhog ( marmottes) in the middle of the song? Seriously, the first time I watched it, I was so surprised by them yelling so loud in my hears!!
I'd also like to know the tacit meaning of the lyrics. Even adding the pictures of the videos( which are fabulous by the way) I can't get what the real message is and I would like some help.
I think Ariana is gorgeous. Every song she makes has a different universe and that is what I like the most about her. What about you guys?

PS : John here is "God is a woman" clip video. Please tell me what you think.
Léanne Imare
Léanne Imare

Back to top Go down

Ariana Grande " God is woman" MV. Empty Re: Ariana Grande " God is woman" MV.

Post by Amelie Trarieux Tue Jan 29, 2019 7:39 pm

Hi guys!
So it’s not the first time that I’m watching this video as I really like Ariana’s latest album. I have no idea if what’s coming next is true but this is my personal interpretation of the video.

So it all starts with her being in the center of a Milky Way as any god would be as they/he/she created the universe. In my opinion, through the entire video, she is using art and mythology to express her point of view.
You can see her in the middle of a vagina made of paint, I think that I’m not teaching you anything by saying that the intimate part of a woman symbolizes birth. (Also you see her blooming and getting pregnant in the middle of the video) Then you can see her sitting on a book receiving insults from tiny men, I believe that the book is a representation of knowledge implying that she knows people are insulting her but she chooses to stay calm about it. The book could also be something about the Bible but ???
The 3 head dog is probably Cerber, a dog that is part of the mythology of Hell, you can also see a part that reminds me of the tower of Babel and the part where she is held by men would be the mythology of Atlas (the man that had to hold hearth on his shoulders) where she, as a god, would be earth. I believe that she also uses many signs and symbols representing emperors such as Cesar or related to the Illuminati and the moment when you hear a woman talking it’s actually Madonna reading a verse of the Bible (remember reading that part on buzzfeed, please don’t judge lmao). And as you all know Madonna is known to be the queen of pop or whatsoever so that has meaning too.
Don’t know about the candle part, but candles take a big place in Christianity as you light one up to pray for the dead so maybe if Cerber was a representation of hell the candle was a representation of Heaven? 

That’s all for me, I hadn’t given that many thoughts to the video clip before but I felt like so far on Upenglish I was not giving my best and this actually interest me soooo yep.
Amelie Trarieux
Amelie Trarieux

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:32 am

um.

Firstly I hope you don't mind if I say that I find her voice annoying and unpleasant - a little like nails scratching down an old blackboard.

Secondly I'm sorry but I can't find any deep meaning here at all. "God is a Woman" wow we always thought he was an old man with a long white beard - maybe that's relevant for the 10 year olds who are her fan club but it isn't a new concept. Used for decades by feminists.

Then again from the lyrics I don't even think she's giving a feminist message, isn't it simply about sex, her needs and the manipulation of her boyfriend? Yeah, a lot of us guys worship our partners and they are our goddesses but really....

As for the furry animals - best part of the video and the most melodic sound during the whole song.

my response:

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down