UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 5 Discussion - Pollution

+18
Matteo bello
Paul Bressy
Mathilde Guillaume
Enzo Bourgeaux
Antoine PERAUD
Marcuccini Luigi
Pierre Mazeau
Sandro Appiotti
axel plainaud
Benjamin BACARIA
Melissandre
Charlotte Denis
EmmaGym
Pierre Faivre
sroesler
NATHAN PAPINHO
Pierre Ronzier
Admin
22 posters

Go down

Week 5 Discussion - Pollution Empty Week 5 Discussion - Pollution

Post by Admin Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:09 am

Local, National, International.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Discussion - Pollution Empty Re: Week 5 Discussion - Pollution

Post by Pierre Ronzier Tue Feb 05, 2019 5:22 pm

Pollution is probably the topic most important of our century. We can see behind lot of years that our pollution kill the world, his fauna and his flora. Even if programs, prevention and projects are created and think for decrease the pollution it's already the big issue who destroy everythink step by step

Pierre Ronzier

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Discussion - Pollution Empty Polution

Post by NATHAN PAPINHO Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:19 pm

Polution is one of the most important subject for me and for the earth in the 21th century. Now Bangkok is the city with the biggest percentage of air polluting , thats why a lot of thai people leave this city , my uncle live in thailande from one year and with his girlfriends they are in bangkok just when they take use planes to came back in france , other time they avoid this city

NATHAN PAPINHO

Back to top Go down

Post by sroesler Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:55 am

Pollution is a big problem for everyone but the boggest problem is the reaction of the people in front of this problem. In fact everybody knew that the earth will die in the following years because of the pollution and the global warming. But we continue to pollute. There are many reason who explain that but for me the worst is that the end of the world is in aproximatly 30 years according to the scientist. So the people of 25 or more say "in 30 years i will probably be dead", it's very very selfish

sroesler

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Discussion - Pollution Empty Pollution...

Post by Pierre Faivre Sat Feb 09, 2019 2:48 pm

Pollution was created by humans and can only be stopped by humans. I think the biggest problem is the economy. All the big boss are looking for power, notoriety, money so what's the point of worrying about the environment when you're rich? Developing the economy is obviously important, but when we see only that side (development of the world) we do not question but if we look at the quantities of waste thrown, overproduction, gas discharges effect of we can't close our eyes. When we know that the new president of Mexico thinks only of the economic and non-environmental aspects, we wonder why? For me he thinks only of himself, even his children will be affected by these decisions because one day this pollution will take life on earth. Fortunately, conferences such as the COP are in place and lasting with real goals, but they need even more rights, such as taxing companies according to their degree of pollution, for example.

Pierre Faivre

Back to top Go down

Post by EmmaGym Sat Feb 09, 2019 5:13 pm

Pollution is a fight for the planet and especially for these inhabitants. In fact, for several years pollution has only increased. For example, in India the city of GWALIOR is the first most populous city in the world. Each polluted city is encircled by huge industrial areas and these are indeed the main benefits of this pollution. Moreover, the pollution is not only because of the ZI. Indeed, people do not respect cities and planets as they should. For example in the city of SAN FRANCISCO, 50 percent are produced by the inhabitants of this city.

EmmaGym

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Denis Sun Feb 10, 2019 12:06 pm

I think Pollution is one of the biggest challenge for the 21st century. Today in ocean there are a lot of pollution and 100% of waste are human origine and 80% of them are plastics waste. This, poses a real environmental problem. Every year one million of birds and 100 000 marine animals are killed because of plastic waste. The Surf riders foundation says that in 2050 if this continues there will be more waste plastic in ocean than animals.
At our scale to change that we can for example pick up the waste when we walk on the beach. Since few years there are more and more special trash for that and this can clean the beaches and save a little the environment. But there are a lot of things to do to change the rest of the problems in the world, like the way we consume and other stuff like that. It's a real fight but we can do it and change things.

Charlotte Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissandre Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:00 pm

Pollution is a very serious subject that threatens our planet. It is also bad for our health. Many people pay attention to pollution but many others do not pay attention. Some people are interested but too little to pay attention to pollution. Efforts against pollution does not make some people are destroyed by people who do not pay attention to this one. Much progress was made to fight against pollution as with cars or recycling.

Melissandre

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin BACARIA Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:57 pm

Pollution is a problem that concerns all future generations and presents they are differents type of pollution: sound, air, water. This pollution we are all aware and take initiatives to protect the planet. Companies use boxes they distribute to volunteers to calculate the level of pollution of certain actions or certain places. I find it very important because because of this pollution we could not possibly live more on this planet in 2000 years , we will not be here to see that but hey we must think of others

Benjamin BACARIA

Back to top Go down

Post by axel plainaud Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:57 pm

I going to talk pollution. Pollution is the degradation of an ecosystem by substance or radiation impacting the functioning of the ecosystem. This causes health problems. Indeed the peak pollution of fine particles leads to an increase in asthma attacks, or even breathing difficulties. The pollution would have an impact on the fertility and the development of the fetus.
Solutions have been considered in large cities such as Paris against air pollution. Alternate traffic by license plate and day, it lowers the level of particles but this measure is only an emergency solution does not apply all the time. The future population will be strongly impacted by this pollution.

axel plainaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandro Appiotti Sun Feb 10, 2019 3:16 pm

Pollution is a topic very interesting and too wite. In my opinion it's major problem the human has to resolve because if it is not resolve we are going to disappear. I think the solution is probably in the new technologies but we have to protect more and more the nature. Everybody must do efforts but everybody is selfish...
Me first I am ok for a compost but next to this I take my car all the days for come to university.
I think thhis will be difficult to change mentalities.

Sandro Appiotti

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Mazeau Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:20 pm

We often hear about peak pollution or simply pollution. Indeed, the air we breathe is not always of good quality. Especially in urbanized areas as well as in mountain valleys.
The air we breathe is considered responsible for 48,000 deaths in France.
There is a lot of thought about the impact of pollution on our health during pollution peaks, but we must know that it is the regular and long-term pollution, even at moderate levels of pollution, which has the greatest impact on the health.

Pierre Mazeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Marcuccini Luigi Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:50 pm

For today's topic, I want to talk about "smog", a brownish mist from a mixture of air pollutants that restricts visibility in the atmosphere. This type of pollution is associated with several adverse health and environmental effects. We can take the example of London, even referred to as "Great Smog", in fact, in 1952, London had experienced its worst air pollution in its entire history for four days. The causes of the last one?
Sulphur dioxide plays a major role with the power plant, and the weather too, which is not merciful.

Marcuccini Luigi

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine PERAUD Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:43 pm

Alan Walker, a famous Dj who created Faded made a new album within a music called different world. This music talk about a dream of a perfect world which is the desire of each person. But the video denounces the world where we are, with horrible things like wastes found in the sea, which make a giant ocean. We also see marine animals who eat waste and die. This clip is really shocking despite the fact that lyrics of the music does not contain any word related to the pollution.

Antoine PERAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo Bourgeaux Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:19 pm

I'm going to talk about one of the different reasons that are at the origin of local pollution. This reason is mass tourism. This new way of travelling includes airplanes transport, but also Motels to sleep on the site. The problem is that there are too many people using this way of travelling, so as a consequence, waste is more and more present on the site because of the consommation of people. I've got different examples to illustrate my words. Of course i'm thinking about the Galapagos Islands, but also Venise but also the Maurice Island. Now, new way of travelling exist like for example the eco-tourism which permits to mix the culture of the site while respecting the eco-system.

Enzo Bourgeaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde Guillaume Sun Feb 10, 2019 11:59 pm

The planet can survive us. We can't survive it destruction.
Consciousness is necessary to the revolution. Today many are unconscious
of the power they have. However, there are more people who act, who reduce their animal consumption, who buy local or organic.

We have entered the era of sad records. The alarming calls made by scientists have not produced the expected effects.
For 25 years, Antarctica has lost 3000 billion tons of ice. At this rate, 50 million Indians and 75 million Bengalis would be threatened by 2100.
We did not know, or wanted to, transform our development model. Everything we are going to do now will be effective in 30 years. The trajectory of the 2 degrees of the Paris agreement is not respected.
Global warming is due to greenhouse gas emissions because of human activities. Our development model would have led to the start of the sixth mass extinction of species, according to many scientists.

We are conditioned by a consumer society in which money is a central element. Comfort has a huge environmental cost. And inequalities are constantly widening. The 8 richest people in the world hold as much as half of the world's population.
There is no carbon tax, the laws are not strict enough (emission quotas). The big international companies hold the money and therefore the power, even if some laws should be put in place in a short time (consumption of straw, reduction of waste, plastic bag).
Our consumer soul spends his life doing something that makes the system work, but it does not necessarily make sense to us.

Cultural obsolescence is a form of pollution. It is the fact of giving up a product while it is still functioning. We always want more, always faster. We buy 60% more clothes than we keep twice as long.
Also, the electronic equipments, with the innovations, make that one passes very quickly from an efficient object to an object considered as obsolete. We must first of all ask ourselves the question of his need. Consumption should be a pleasure, but also useful and just on an environmental and social level. So, I repeat, what do we really need?
If everyone reduces his consumption, be careful to turn off the light when he leaves a room .. These are full of small daily actions that can change everything and reduce global pollution (pick up trash outside and put in the trash, it does not require too much effort). A small step for every man but a BIG step for humanity. It should be said to Mr. Trump, this selfish guy.

(watch the speech of shaka ponk to the victories of the music, and also the speeches of Greta Thumberg)

I had other things to say but I think it's late, good night!

Mathilde Guillaume

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Bressy Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:33 am

Today, I will talk about the pollution. I think there aren't many people who take care about this kind of pollution. Emails pollute the planet!
To better understand wich impact have Emails on the pollution, I will give you this report.
For a company of an hundred people, with 58mails received and 33 sent, it's an average of 13.6 tons of CO2 ; 13 round trip between New-York and Paris!
The world need take care about this kind of pollution. For exemple, we can unsubscribe spams or useless emails and just that, it would reduce so much the pollution from each one of us.

sunny "Make the world great again" sunny
Paul Bressy 11/02/2019 Cool

Paul Bressy

Back to top Go down

Post by Matteo bello Mon Feb 11, 2019 12:52 am

Pollution is today too much present in our daily life, each person has returned to habits that are normal to him, driving a car a habit is it should not, the only thing it allows is polluted. It does not save us time on the contrary she makes us lose. the technique should not be improving our performance in some areas but improving our lifestyle and even if the car may seem an improvement it only hurts ...
Here I took the example of the car but there are many more concrete

Matteo bello

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttouan Peyraud Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:54 pm

The pollution is for me the big problem of our generation , everybody polluts and we can't stop that because like cars, électricitys, water or clothes we lives all days with confort, we don't want to stop our confort or try to change idees for created new matérials or énergies sustanable . Thats a big challenge and I know but if we don't change realy , we can't promice a great future to our the childrens . We polluts more and more and the day were the earth becomes uninhabitable we will not be able to change our mistakes but we do change planet if we can find new planet habitable , but this isn't the best idee , it's not too late ...

Ttouan Peyraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaleuvr Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:34 pm

Recently, the pollution has became one of the most important topics of human beeing. Even if some of the leader of the world are still denying the climate changes, you have to be blind to say you don't believe them. We can't keep the rythm of life and consumption that we have actually. It's a major emergency to find solutions to solve this problem.

Smaleuvr

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Christie Sat Feb 23, 2019 5:41 pm

Do you know the 7th continent ? He's between America and Noth west in the Atlantic ocean. It's a '' wave '' of pollution about plastic waste. He kils lots of marin animals. Today we are 7.5M of habitants in earth , so we can't throw up a plastic waste

Benjamin Christie

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxime Bachelier Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:52 pm

Pollution is the scourge of the 21th century. We product more and more, using electricity or fuel, but thos energy are not free, and we use a lot of bad things for our planet like the radiation. The world is trying to reduce our pollution but the presidents don't always accept it because they'll lose a lot of money.

Maxime Bachelier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down