UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 5 Discussion - Horror

+15
moreau julien
Maria Caulot
Gaspard Pouzin
Julien DAVID
Julien Causeur
Corentin FAITY
victor bouveret
Naomi ARSIVAUD
David.Giraudot
HAQUET Virgile
Lucas NEAU
PELLADEAUD Kilian
Virginie GAUDRIAUD
Tom Régnier
Admin
19 posters

Go down

Week 5 Discussion - Horror Empty Week 5 Discussion - Horror

Post by Admin Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:33 am

Your choice.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Discussion - Horror Empty Re: Week 5 Discussion - Horror

Post by Tom Régnier Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:02 pm

Hi John! I don't really not what you would debate this week. But when you say Horror, I think about climate catastrophe... Why ? Maybe because the earth is one of the most technical thing, and every people knows it, but everybody doesn't care and run into the wall. We have temperature like 25° in November ? What the hell ? That isn't normal, there is more and more earthquake, more and more tornado, more and more tsunami. I just want to say, what world we'll offer to our child John, I ask you ? I recognize that I am like the others I say that and I don't want to leave my life comfort ... But I think if all of us do just little things it will be great... By doing carpooling, eating less meat, using public transport, riding bike, or just walking. Small thing that maybe will do better life conditions to our future.
Tom Régnier
Tom Régnier

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:31 am

Tom Régnier wrote:Hi John! I don't really not what you would debate this week. But when you say Horror, I think about climate catastrophe... Why ? Maybe because the earth is one of the most technical thing, and every people knows it, but everybody doesn't care and run into the wall. We have temperature like 25° in November ? What the hell ? That isn't normal, there is more and more earthquake, more and more tornado, more and more tsunami. I just want to say, what world we'll offer to our child John, I ask you ? I recognize that I am like the others I say that and I don't want to leave my life comfort ... But I think if all  of us do just little things it will be great... By doing carpooling, eating less meat, using public transport, riding bike, or just walking. Small thing that maybe will do better life conditions to our future.

and buying less or making what we have last longer (clothes, telephones ....) - thus reducing industrial pollution.

By the way Tom, I didn't choose the subject I just posted what I was told. Shocked
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Virginie GAUDRIAUD Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:58 am

When the word horror is mentioned, I immediately think of strong emotions. This word makes me think of what it feels like when we have a phobia. This phobia brings us a feeling of fear, of disgust. But horror also means a daily annoyance that becomes horrible in the long run.

Virginie GAUDRIAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by PELLADEAUD Kilian Wed Feb 13, 2019 6:54 pm

Helle John, I'm going to talk about horror. This word reminds me of scary movies that we watch at Halloween for example. Some movies are really terrifying like the movie "That". The word horror also makes me think of phobias snakes for example or nightmare that is done at night.

PELLADEAUD Kilian

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucas NEAU Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:45 pm

Hello today i talk about horror. The word horror for me was thé signification of a tragic evenement who make much injuries and death. It’s equally a signification for horror Movies but it’s not a real thing so for me the word horror as no signification for movies.

Lucas NEAU

Back to top Go down

Post by HAQUET Virgile Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:16 pm

Hi John
Horror, what is it really because it is a very subjective term. This world in which we lived is horbile for certain and heavenly for others. Horror is nevertheless a situation every time. Whether this poor child victim of school harassment or who lives in the middle of war and bombing. Horror repels every individual in these entrenchments and hardens him. Somewhere there is positivity in the horror. A war is horible to live but nevertheless consolidates the solidarity and the between aid. Horror makes us pass.
So that's what for me is a short vision of horror.
HAQUET Virgile
HAQUET Virgile

Birthday : 2000-10-20

Back to top Go down

Post by David.Giraudot Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Hellllooooo today I will talk about horror, I'm familiarised with horror because since my little years I told horror story with my friends and my brother during the night. I watched horror ovie when I was young with my father, my first horror movie was REC 3, and I remember all of my friends was scared and me I was laughthing with I was not scared. Today I love horror movie because they make me not scared because I m a bonhomme !
David.Giraudot
David.Giraudot

Back to top Go down

Post by Naomi ARSIVAUD Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:44 am

When you said horror I think about a famous painting: Munch's The Scream. It's an icon of modern art, the Mona Lisa for our time. Some people seem to hear the caracter scream. But for me it's different. I think the caracter is silent and petrify in front of something horrible. This extrem fear exceeds any reaction, any world and any scream. We are just in silent, and paralyse like a person in front of the famous and terrible Monster Meduse in greek methology before she changes it in stone. Munch is like Meduse, with painting he save this scared face forever

Naomi ARSIVAUD

Back to top Go down

Week 5 Discussion - Horror Empty The horror of the war

Post by victor bouveret Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:19 am

The horror ... This subject makes me think a lot about history and more particularly about wars.
Since always, the man finds reasons to fight. At the time of prehistory the fight was used for survival, the Middle Ages to expand its territory and gain wealth, for questions of religion during crusades or ideologies and power during the 20th century. Finally, the struggle against terrorism today has become the main reason for the ongoing wars.

What we observe is that despite the fact that man is evolving, his primary instinct for violence is gaining ground.
The war is horrific. It transforms every fighter. The honest man who leaves for his homeland is mostly traumatized when he comes back if he is not dead. Traumatized by the sounds of bombs and bullets, by the cries of pain of his comrades, by the sound of planes ... Simply by the omnipresence of death during a war. No one comes back unharmed, physically or psychologically. that's horror.

We note the most deadly war in history: the second world war with an estimated 70 million of victims. A country like France.

War is one of the worst things that humanity does.
This is why to avoid starting again this horror and to make again the same errors a "duty of memory" is essential.
And it is thanks to commemorations, historians and the collective effort that these horrors remain in our memory.

victor bouveret

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin FAITY Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:28 am

Today I'm going to talk about the horrors made in this world. I don’t think we talk enough about it, but they’re real. they can be, for example, the assassination of an entire people, making people work with children in unhealthy conditions, or wars between certain countries...the problem is that it didn’t start yesterday, it started long before, and I don’t think it’s going to stop. for this to stop, all countries should be the same policy on this subject which is far from being the case currently

Corentin FAITY

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Causeur Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:45 am

Hi John, Personally I don’t like horror films because I often find stories lame and the only goal of the film is to be afraid. Thrillers are much more interesting because there is more suspense. I’ve seen some horror movies like Saw or Halloween, but I don’t like it.

Julien Causeur

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien DAVID Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:46 am

Hello John,
Today i wan't to talk of my best horror film it is conjuring 2.
I think it is my favorite because i have see that with my best friends in the cinema.
During this film all spoilers are so crazy and make me big sensations of frightenning.

Julien DAVID

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaspard Pouzin Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:30 am

Hello john
Today i wan't to talk about horror. I love the sensation of stress...ect
my movie favorite about horror it's "the none" it is very scared and they screaming are beautiful then the quality of the scenarion is the best in 2018 because the story is real it's the most creepyy .

Gaspard Pouzin

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria Caulot Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:03 am

Horror is an extremely unfavorable feeling that something inspires. The horror can be seen, heard, touched ... Movies are created to feed this seniment. For example: Saw, Halloween, Annabelle ...

Maria Caulot

Back to top Go down

Post by moreau julien Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:20 pm

The horror film was created to provoke a feeling of fear, anguish to the viewer. Annabelle is a horror film or a doll named Annabelle is the main character of the film.
There are also horror board games like the werewolf, the goal is for the werewolves to kill all the villagers in the village.

moreau julien

Back to top Go down

Post by meehdi.chr Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:51 am

A young man applied for a job interview as a graphic designer for a consulting firm in the gas and oil industry. His resume included a link to his portfolio—which consisted of lovely pictures of nudes and landscapes. If you are providing a portfolio, make sure it is aligned with the goals and customers of the company.

meehdi.chr

Back to top Go down

Post by Killian Torlois Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:35 am

Hello, today I'm going to talk about horrors. I love it, the scary things that seem paranormal. I watch a lot of horror movies and I would like to experience a situation like that of the actors in the movies.
Killian Torlois
Killian Torlois

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie LEFEVRE Sat Mar 23, 2019 3:34 pm

Horror is a word that can be defined different according to people, in my opinion.
Every person has a different fear.. Some people are horrifiedof spiders, i'm not. In addition, some films are considered as horror film, for me, i like it, i find that in the end they are "fun".

Lucie LEFEVRE

Back to top Go down

Post by Melissa Gherras Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:19 am

Hello!
Today I talk about horror. I like watching horror movies but only if I'm with my friends because otherwise I'm scared. When I was little my brother having fun making jokes about it, it was really not funny!

Melissa Gherras

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down