UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 6 Discussion - Social Media

+14
noemie michenot
Valentine Berron
lucas dollo
emma bony
Nathan Raveraud
Cloé
TIRET Cédric
Jason-dmt
Tmaulin
Emma Goichon
GAILLARD Marin
Ribault Geoffrey
Pierre CORAZZA
Admin
18 posters

Go down

Week 6 Discussion - Social Media Empty Week 6 Discussion - Social Media

Post by Admin Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:18 am

I know what it is - tell me about your use or abuse, strengths and weaknesses, anything that is going to interest me!
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 6 Discussion - Social Media Empty ...

Post by Pierre CORAZZA Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:24 pm

I had a period of my life that i spend all my time on the social media, like Facebook, Twitter, Skype, Instagram or Youtube. I never worked during these years. But i receive my degree.
Today i stopped spending all my time on. But I do not work anymore.
Pierre CORAZZA
Pierre CORAZZA

Birthday : 1998-10-07

Back to top Go down

Week 6 Discussion - Social Media Empty Re: Week 6 Discussion - Social Media

Post by Ribault Geoffrey Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:13 pm

Personally I do not spend a lot of time on social medias. I mainly use two social medias. The first one is Messenger which remains useful for talking quickly and easily with my classmates. The second one is Instagram that allows me to discover artists like painters, sculptors and musicians. Currently I love to watch 3D drawings that will become figurines or be used in movies or video games. In my opinion social medias have two big strengths. First, they are a good means to communicate quickly and worldwidely. Then, they allow people to share freely their passions, their opinions. However, social medias are also a good way to manipulate others especially with advertisings that encourage people to buy a particular product. Social medias are also hotbeds for fake news and mislead naive people. Finally and this is only my own opinion, some people share their daily life too much maybe by narcissism or by addiction.
As we can see, social medias can be useful particulary to communicate, but we must stay vigilant and lucid because social medias contain hazards.

Ribault Geoffrey

Back to top Go down

Post by GAILLARD Marin Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:46 pm

To me, social media is an evil invention. Why ? Because for our generation, we spend too much time (for most of us) on our phone, watching other people lifes, to envy the richest people ... I personnaly think like that sometimes but I prefer to try achieve my goals and not to envy other people. I do enjoy social media to get advice, tips etc, about growing up my mental, to facilitate my daily activities and to learn about many different subject (mostly on youtube which is probably my favourite social media).
I also like instagram, not for the fact "share that's your the best, better than other, perfect lifestyle", but for sharing travels, little tips or awesome view. I prefer to share a good sunset than my biceps Shocked

GAILLARD Marin

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Goichon Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:03 pm

I think my social networks are either we like or we hate. There is none in the intermediaries. The rise of social networking sites has been phenomenal due in part to the immense freedom it offers. While the Internet has made the world a global village, social networking sites have brought the world inside the four walls. You can make friends, interact with them, get to know different cultures and places through them and more at the same table. These sites facilitate the dissemination of information and also advertising and with a minimum cost. No wonder it is one of the fastest growing communication tools in the internet. To find long lost friends to meet like-minded people, these sites offer everything to make your online life easier. However, under the mountain of benefits, there are also a lot of disadvantages.The most flagrant disadvantage of social networking sites is the risk of identity theft and fraud. Users' personal information may be used by suspicious persons for illegal activities. Information such as e-mail address, name, address, age and can be used to commit crimes online.

-Also, many people claim to be someone else and prepare their profiles online with false information, so as to fool unsuspecting users. So if you do not know the person face to face then it will be very difficult for you to find the real identity.

Another source of concern is harassment and online tracking. Since social networking sites are very little regulated so it can be a very easy motive for people who are trying to get revenge on you. They can spread malicious rumors among your friends and also download and edit your photos

Emma Goichon

Back to top Go down

Post by Tmaulin Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:01 pm

Today we live in a society where the social media are omnipresent. There are a good and a bad aspect. The good aspect which is that what it's created is that we can share what we can live whith our family or friends. We can also follow what our idols are doing. The bad aspect is the peoples's addiction to the social media which expand whith the time. And there is also the harrassment which exist. On my part I have an little use of social media.

Tmaulin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jason-dmt Sun Feb 17, 2019 1:14 pm

Firstly, Socia Media is a tool as any others, that's why we should rectify our using and ways to spread informations rather than put mistakes on them. Indeed, I wish talk about a social media I really appreciate, it's "Youtube" and contraty to all the prejudices on him, there is a important and rich source of informations on different registers and topics. We shouldn't think that there is only videos about famous youtubers or video games, much people passionate makes videos about their way to thinking about a subject, their experiences, their opinions. Furthermore, "Youtube" makes part of some places where you can learn almost every thing, thanks to people who share their appreciation about music, draw, computing skills and many others. At the end, don't judge by the people said cause is not "Youtube" which is bad but what we make do, so, search for something you like, something intrigues you, and above all, don't abuse of him cause the better answers are, in real experiences of the life.

Jason-dmt

Back to top Go down

Post by TIRET Cédric Sun Feb 17, 2019 2:05 pm

I don't use many social media, but I use often them, I use Facebook and snapchat particullary to have news of my friends and news about the world.

TIRET Cédric

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloé Sun Feb 17, 2019 3:14 pm

Social media is not for me a very important thing in my life because I just use Instagram. And Im very happy because I Don't like social media because it's boring and people shows their life and envy but I don’t care haha Smile So that's my point of view in social media

Cloé

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Raveraud Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:40 pm

There is a lot of social media. I personally use only messenger to stay in contact with my friends from high school and twitter because people on twitter are more funny that people on facebook ( "blablabla people who the name start by a H own me a Pizza ") yeah, i don't like facebook at all.However social media are a good way for the brands to have free promotions. Some famous people can have money for representing a label for exemple instagram is famous for that. You must also be careful on social media that all pictures that you are posting are forever stocked in the web databases so don't post anything stupid.

Nathan Raveraud

Back to top Go down

Post by emma bony Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:47 pm

For me it is very difficult to turn off or not to have my cell phone with me I am always afraid to receive an important phone call or an SMS! On the other hand for social networks I can detach myself completely because I'm not a fan of people who puts Try photos of them every day or even what comments every second of their lives! On the other hand social networks are very useful for people who live far away from each other like Skype or Faceboook that allow to exchange even at a distance. But today on social networks the primary purpose that was communication is lost and an atmosphere of "Have You Seen Me" has settled, and that's why I'm not a fan.

emma bony

Back to top Go down

Post by lucas dollo Tue Feb 19, 2019 12:31 am

my favorite social media are : instagram, snapchat, facebook, and youtube . they allow me to be connected with actually to NBA or other sports , they allow me also to stay in contacts with some friends , i have got a friend left in argentina for 1 years ,thanks to the social media i am again in contact with her . they allow too to share a passion or an art like the song , many artists have made themselves known thanks social media it's more easy to discover them

lucas dollo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentine Berron Tue Feb 19, 2019 7:23 pm

I spent a period where I did not leave my computer, my laptop to be on the social networks. But today I am much less I find it a pity to spend our life on the networks, there is so much to do other than that. Social networks often brings a lot of problems, I often use messenger to communicate easily.

Valentine Berron

Back to top Go down

Post by noemie michenot Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:17 pm

Today i am going to talk about social media. These days, most people are on social media because it is an important tool to stay connected and up to date with everything that is going on in the world. Personally, i think that social media platforms like facebook are very good to be able to stay in contact with people from the other side of the world without having to pay a penny. On the other hand, social media can be bad because i could encourage cyberbullying, hacking personal data and even stalking which is very bad.
In the end, i believe that social media is good but we would need to make sure that we are protected from the dangers of the internet before using them.

noemie michenot

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelQuantin Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:10 pm

We have to talk about the social media but I have just only one social media use by everybody and without problems

AxelQuantin

Back to top Go down

Post by BIRAGHI Ugo Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:25 pm

Social networks are used around the world and by most people around the world. I myself use social networks like Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook,...
They can be a good thing because they allow you to see the news and stay in touch with people you don’t see often and have met. But they can be a bad thing too because for young people, they can be dangerous and iks can do anything and that can have big consequences.

BIRAGHI Ugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Joris Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:53 am

This week we have to talk about Social Media. As far as I am concerned I don't use it this much... I have an account on a lot of, like Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, Twitter,... but I don't use it often. Facebook is only for me to view all sports information because I only subscribe to sports news pages in all types of sports or to athletes directly. So I don't look at all the pictures or other posts of my so-called "friends" because I don't really care !
I never go on Snapchat and Twitter, however I like Instagram because it allows me to follow my favorite artists and athletes in their daily lives and get the results of the games I want to follow, like the NBA,...
On the other hand, I think many people spend far too much time talking about their lives when no one cares.

Joris

Back to top Go down

Post by Romann Dieumegard Mon Mar 04, 2019 9:51 pm

Hi, the subject it's more bad, we say the time is money so I very poor ,social média and others are more bad time because spend great time  for those things that really don't help me.I just use facebook, snapchat if i would us other things i would spend way too much time on defies i block for several hours on the news feed and isn't essential to live.they know how to make us waste our time mark zuckerberg or Evan Spiegel or others... haha.my problem is that I spent a few hours watching the news related to surfing, skiing, snowboarding etc ... a large amount of extreme sport or popular sport and some of my friends.it's a plague

Romann Dieumegard

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum