UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fifth week discussion

+23
Emmanuel David
lilianroquet
marine.bernard
JF Quiquerez
PierreBERTRAND
JIANG Zhen
Anthony Bardy
Jordy Labrousse
ZHANG Yangyang
LIU siqin
DAI Yulin
LEI Yin
Raphaël Lorenzi
clement.biaunier
Veranika MALKEVICH
Benjamin BARBIER
Raphaël RAYNEAU
bigben
J-Carrere
anaïsdebackere
Maxime Buard
adeline perrigault
Admin
27 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fifth week discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: Fifth week discussion

Post by Matt.Randria Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:57 am

Hello!
Zero hour contracts would be a great idea in a country like Madagascar, because most of workers have no health insurance, or unemployment benefits, or family allowances or pension fund. In most of the cases, they don’t even have contracts. This type of contract would give the workers the “employment status”.  But in reality, zero hour contracts wouldn't work: the average income is around 50$ a month, which is relatively low, and people have to combine several job to feed their family. And this type of contract doesn't allow that.  So I think it will only be effective, if it is, in countries like the UK. The main issue of this contract is that it doesn't give financial and/or stability security.  It should give the workers a minimal hours of work, and when it’s not possible, pay the difference. It should also allow workers to search and find other jobs if it doesn't impact on the actual job.
To increase employment, the government has to reduce the labor cost. And for students (like us), a job should be guaranteed when they finish their curriculum.
Matt.Randria
Matt.Randria

Back to top Go down

Post by Arnaud Guibert Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:04 pm

Hi all,

I think Zero-Hours contract is an opportunitie for each person who need money to earn it. It's an answer to the unemployement. People can have a little chance to get work experience if they were in a deadlock before. That's a good idea to satisfy in the mean time employers and employees.

But there is still problems like precarious employment. People can have a kind of job but can't keep it on the long-term. Employees look like objects, when you don't need them you just have to put them in the garbage can. It's not a solution to the long-term unemployement. We have to secure it, and give rights to the employees. It's too easy for employers to lay off people with zero-hours contract.

Arnaud Guibert
Arnaud Guibert

Back to top Go down

Post by Ebbah Mon Mar 30, 2015 8:45 pm

HI, i 'm so sorry because i forget to write about this topic Rolling Eyes but better late than never! Very Happy
i read newspaper articles , I note first that the zero hour contract is used in the UK. In this contract it is mentioned that it is the employer who has the advantage. The employer is not obliged to set a minimum working time and no minimum wage. The employee in turn agrees to comply with the hours, to be available at any time to the needs of the employer. Often, the employee is notified of the work he will perform a few minutes before taking office. a positive aspect for the employee can refuse proposed work hours.
the contract also stipulates that the employer has no right to another company. In the end only the hours worked are paid.
Then we can ask questions like what is at stake for both the employer and the employee?
In my point o view i think that that this type of contract should be better regulated in order so that the employer and the employee can find their account. All in all there is a relationship of independence. in view of this, we should review the terms of this contract on two aspects:
- The employer must also adapt to the hours of the employee (it can be advantageous to us students), so more flexible hours
- Withdraw from the contract that derogation which stipulates that the employee may not work for another company during his contract. In this case it would be wise to hire it full time.
  Another point, this type of contract already exists in France and even all over the world but in another form. In conclusion to increase employment should be more flexibility from both the employer and the employee side.

Ebbah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2