The Second Topic

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Admin on Sat Oct 17, 2015 12:26 pm

One final question for anyone interested in replying.

Female super heroes? There are quite a few but are they successful or believable?
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2426
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Alex Lasserre on Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:14 am

Interesting point here John. I guess the major problem with female super heroes is that there are not put forward as well as male are. I think some of them have interesting backgrounds like Black Widow (A movie about her with Scarlett Johansson would be a delight for my eyes), or even Batgirl but the thing is that compares to their male companions, they don't have the same exposure. Besides, women are oftenly used as love interest for male character, Mary-Jane Watson, Loïs Lane to quote just a few and almost all of the other womens in the comics book universe are used in this particular way.
avatar
Alex Lasserre

Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Admin on Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:09 am

Yeah the role of female characters is a bit sexist!

Although Scarlett Johansson in any role would be a pleasure to watch/look at. bounce
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2426
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Alfonzo_Meneses on Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:52 pm

Hello everyone .
Honesty I am ignorant on this subject, I would not have much information to give, however I read the reviews and others comments and I think there is much passion and knowledge about this situation and I think is great .

Alfonzo_Meneses

Posts : 29
Join date : 2015-10-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Florian MICHEL on Sun Nov 22, 2015 1:00 pm

It's a really hard question because everybody grew with DC and marvel comics and series. I'm not a specialist of this subject but I remember a lot of morning behind TV to look the DC "La ligue des Justiciers". In my life, Marvel arrived long time after and I don't have a lot of remembers before recents films. For that, I go to choose DC Comics.

Florian MICHEL

Posts : 23
Join date : 2015-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Alex Lasserre on Tue Nov 24, 2015 10:25 am

Childhood choice is a wise choice Wink
avatar
Alex Lasserre

Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by CamilaCristanchoDuque on Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:37 am

JulieLhommede wrote:Hello everybody,

Well, I can not give you my opinion, because I dont know this guys !


Are you kidding us? Everybody know something about them!! It's like a general culture...
Please be serious!! Razz cyclops

CamilaCristanchoDuque

Posts : 40
Join date : 2015-09-22

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Jamel O on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:30 pm

Jamel O wrote:
CamilaCristanchoDuque wrote:
JulieLhommede wrote:Hello everybody,

Well, I can not give you my opinion, because I dont know this guys !


Are you kidding us? Everybody know something about them!! It's like a general culture...
Please be serious!! Razz cyclops

Sorry Camila  it'is just  Pop culture , very different of the general culture and real culture  ! Spiderman, Batman : It is just a profitable business for Marvel and DC !

It is exactly like Modern Art vs Art ! I choose Art , Modern art are just a bullsh** for rich people !
avatar
Jamel O

Posts : 54
Join date : 2015-10-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Admin on Sun Nov 29, 2015 12:38 pm

Jamel is on fire!
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2426
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Jamel O on Sun Nov 29, 2015 2:27 pm

Admin wrote:Jamel is on fire!

Jamel O wrote:

Oh abslolutely not John but i don't consider Marvel or DC universe as culture, it's just entertainment for me !

Anyway John, do you know this BBC sitcom "Citizen Khan" ? (even the title is funny which refers to "Citizen Kane" movie directed by Orson Welles)

My friend Noroz (she is Pakistani) said to me that it is "racist" sitcom but i don't agree with her because i watched 3 episodes and i like so much , it is so funny with full of british-pakistani stereotypes !


I'm sure you'll appreciate ! Very Happy
avatar
Jamel O

Posts : 54
Join date : 2015-10-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Alex Lasserre on Mon Nov 30, 2015 10:31 am

Admin wrote:Jamel is on fire !

And Jamel quote himself, should we interpret that as if he was speaking about himself in the third person ? Razz

And by the way Jamel, Marvel or DC, comics books in general it is a part of culture. It's like saying football isn't culture because it's just entertainement. Do you really think that there is a line between entertainement and culture ? Meaning that it's either one or the other but not both ? Question
avatar
Alex Lasserre

Posts : 73
Join date : 2015-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Eloïse B on Mon Nov 30, 2015 5:15 pm

Admin wrote:Female super heroes? There are quite a few but are they successful or believable?

Most of the time they are just here to be the sexy girls. Have you ever seen a not-so-pretty female superhero? I haven't. But on the contrary have you seen Tobey McGuire?! Not a sexy Spiderman uh. Women are often pale copies of male superheroes (Batgirl, Miss Hulk...). I admit some girls are really cool, like Storm or Mystique. They are badass!

Eloïse B

Posts : 60
Join date : 2015-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Florian MICHEL on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:17 am

Eloïse B wrote:
Admin wrote:Female super heroes? There are quite a few but are they successful or believable?

Most of the time they are just here to be the sexy girls. Have you ever seen a not-so-pretty female superhero? I haven't. But on the contrary have you seen Tobey McGuire?! Not a sexy Spiderman uh. Women are often pale copies of male superheroes (Batgirl, Miss Hulk...). I admit some girls are really cool, like Storm or Mystique. They are badass!

All girls are superheroes ! They are here to support their husband ! They do meals, housework and they work as well ! We need girls and there skills to live and becoming better ! king

(I'm just jocking girls ! lol! )

Florian MICHEL

Posts : 23
Join date : 2015-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by JulieLhommede on Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:23 am

Florian MICHEL wrote:
Eloïse B wrote:
Admin wrote:Female super heroes? There are quite a few but are they successful or believable?

Most of the time they are just here to be the sexy girls. Have you ever seen a not-so-pretty female superhero? I haven't. But on the contrary have you seen Tobey McGuire?! Not a sexy Spiderman uh. Women are often pale copies of male superheroes (Batgirl, Miss Hulk...). I admit some girls are really cool, like Storm or Mystique. They are badass!

All girls are superheroes ! They are here to support their husband ! They do meals, housework and they work as well ! We need girls and there skills to live and becoming better !  king

(I'm just jocking girls ! lol! )

Florian ... Are you macho man ? Women are superheroes because we support you !

JulieLhommede

Posts : 22
Join date : 2015-09-29

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:12 pm

what woman would support Florian?

his mother maybe.
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2426
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Salvatore VENNETTILLI on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:47 pm

500 words message deleted again !
Well i'm gonna say it again, but in a shorter way if you don't mind.
I love both universe ! Done bye.

Just kidding. Well my favorite Marvel hero is iron Man, i loved the last 3 movies, and i loved Rovbert Doney Jr in both Avengers movies. (In fast Natasha Romanoff played by Scarlett johansson was my favorite but there's no need to tell you my girl type here ! ). As for DC, the Joker is the one i prefer. And the french actor that makes his voice in the video games is awesome !

Salvatore VENNETTILLI

Posts : 42
Join date : 2015-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Admin on Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:58 pm

Salvatore VENNETTILLI wrote:500 words message deleted again !
Well i'm gonna say it again, but in a shorter way if you don't mind.
I love both universe ! Done bye.

Just kidding. Well my favorite Marvel hero is iron Man, i loved the last 3 movies, and i loved Rovbert Doney Jr in both Avengers movies. (In fast Natasha Romanoff played by Scarlett johansson was my favorite but there's no need to tell you my girl type here ! ). As for DC, the Joker is the one i prefer. And the french actor that makes his voice in the video games is awesome !

Sal only just commenting on topic 2. this guy must be short on posts. scratch
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2426
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Salvatore VENNETTILLI on Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:27 pm

Admin wrote:
Salvatore VENNETTILLI wrote:500 words message deleted again !
Well i'm gonna say it again, but in a shorter way if you don't mind.
I love both universe ! Done bye.

Just kidding. Well my favorite Marvel hero is iron Man, i loved the last 3 movies, and i loved Rovbert Doney Jr in both Avengers movies. (In fast Natasha Romanoff played by Scarlett johansson was my favorite but there's no need to tell you my girl type here ! ). As for DC, the Joker is the one i prefer. And the french actor that makes his voice in the video games is awesome !

Sal only just commenting on topic 2. this guy must be short on posts. scratch

I was not ! until i checked and half of my messages were deleted !

Salvatore VENNETTILLI

Posts : 42
Join date : 2015-09-30

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Admin on Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:06 pm

Salvatore VENNETTILLI wrote:
Admin wrote:
Salvatore VENNETTILLI wrote:500 words message deleted again !
Well i'm gonna say it again, but in a shorter way if you don't mind.
I love both universe ! Done bye.

Just kidding. Well my favorite Marvel hero is iron Man, i loved the last 3 movies, and i loved Rovbert Doney Jr in both Avengers movies. (In fast Natasha Romanoff played by Scarlett johansson was my favorite but there's no need to tell you my girl type here ! ). As for DC, the Joker is the one i prefer. And the french actor that makes his voice in the video games is awesome !

Sal only just commenting on topic 2. this guy must be short on posts. scratch

I was not ! until i checked and half of my messages were deleted !

Laughing I was just trolling you to up my own post count. Twisted Evil
avatar
Admin
Admin

Posts : 2426
Join date : 2015-01-02

View user profile http://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Baptiste Hibon on Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:07 am

Personally, I prefer Marvel. When I was young, I used to read X-Men Comics. But in fact, Batman and specially the Dark Knight trilogy are one of my favorite superhero movies. The joker is just perfect, crazy as f*** (played by Heath Ledger).

Baptiste Hibon

Posts : 10
Join date : 2015-10-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Second Topic

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum