UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Movie of the week

2 posters

Go down

Movie of the week  Empty Movie of the week

Post by Leo Bruand Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:30 pm

Hi everybody,
I don't wanna talk about Tv series because Tv series its for hispters and I'm not. I'm kidding I'm just to lazy to begin once again a new one. So I purpose for all the people who are in this group and who don't like Tv series or would to talk about cinema in general, to follow this topic each week. I create it and called it : "Movie of the week" because its a space where i will speak about the movie that i've seen (Of course in english, Mr cox pls don't be worried). Every week someone can purpose a movie which can be watch by some people in the group and we can say if we have appreciate it or not.
The last week I've seen Spotlight. Released in 2015; spotlight speak about the eponym investigation committee of the Boston globe (a newspaper). The committee enquire into the sexuals abuse of minors did by some Catholics priest in Boston. In United state a lot of people are adherents and this investigation is poorly regarded. However, the investigation will reveal some famous people of Boston as paedophile....
Its a thriller really fascinating!

If someone have seen it and want to talk about it you're welcom!

Have a good evening guys
Leo Bruand
Leo Bruand

Back to top Go down

Movie of the week  Empty Re: Movie of the week

Post by Admin Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:41 pm

I'm afraid that I haven't seen it but maybe next wekk it'll be the new Bridget Jones film....
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Leo Bruand Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:39 pm

Hi guys,

Because I think politics its not really interesting, I choose to participate at the Forum by this way. Last week I've seen many movies, but my favorite of the week was "seul contre tous" or "entirely on your own" in english by Gaspard Noé.
Except an atmosphere heaviest than Taxi Driver by Scorsese (Its really difficult to do a movie more awkward), Seul contre tous is also violent and crude. This movie explains the life of a butcher who is really unfortunate (orphan boy). After gave birth to a girl he win a single ticket to the jail because of a murder. Upon leaving the prison he decided to began a new life with his abnegation as unique weapon. He got an idiot bar owner pregnant and they decide to leave Paris to Lille (and buy another butcher's shop).
After a while, he just fed up about this stupid woman. But she possess the money and also the shop!
The butcher live in an inispid flat with her and her mother. An evening, after quarrel he hit the girl in several times in the stomach, steal the gun of the mother and fled to Paris.
With no money and no friend (no money=no friend) he try to maintain him.
But what its interesting in this movie? because violence only is not relevant.
What is really particular is to follow the descent into hell of a man. A perfect French at the bottom of the society pyramid with his coarse language who have just sex to forget his position and stuck in the french heartland. The movie show perfectly how aversion and hatred is created in a man.
If u want to watch it, u need to go through the violence to discover the real goal of Noé.
What a perfect movie!

Leo Bruand
Leo Bruand

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum