UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3 discussion - Space Exploration.

+19
tendron lou
Olivier Pruleau
Adrian Vinatier
po-vinel
TR
SY DEMBA
Valentin Simonnet
ronanroquet
kilian pousset
zhaozixuan
TAO SIHAN
Jules Rolland
Rindra Razafindrahaingo
Alexiane Sénéchaud
Emilie Virfollet
Antoine Palard
Sébastien Rouleau
Gabriel Pilon
Admin
23 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 3 discussion - Space Exploration. Empty Week 3 discussion - Space Exploration.

Post by Admin Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:01 pm

To boldy go where no class has gone before....

Anything to do with space would be good enough for me.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 3 discussion - Space Exploration. Empty Re: Week 3 discussion - Space Exploration.

Post by Gabriel Pilon Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:28 pm

When i was in high school, i studied a lot about space in sciences lessons. But the first thing i can remember about space was from a reflexion in a french lesson. This reflexion was about our importance in the univers. The writer involve the extremly small (like bacteria, cells, atoms, etc...) and the extremely big (space, planets, sun, ...). He wanted to think about our position between those things, somehow we are giants, but somehow we are just a little dust in the biggest desert that ever exist. Today, when i think about space, i can only feel that we are nothing very important. Maybe some other are alive somewhere and we don't know about it. And even though meeting them would have been interesting, the time we need to comunicate is extremely long.
Sometime this subject bore me because we don't need it everyday to solve the problem we can touch. But i could never forgot the feeling i had when i was that child discovering all those immense planets and how they can be facinating.
Gabriel Pilon
Gabriel Pilon

Back to top Go down

Week 3 discussion - Space Exploration. Empty Re: Week 3 discussion - Space Exploration.

Post by Sébastien Rouleau Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:23 pm

Hi everyone,
The first thing that I think when people ask me about space exploration is science fiction movies like Alien with Sigourney Weaver or Mars Attack with Jack Nicholson. Everyone already wondered this question : Are there other forms of life in the space ??? If yes, are they more or less developed than us? Are they dangerous or peaceful ?
Today, we haven't the answer of this question.

Then, more seriously, with space exploration, we can understand why there was the Big Bang, why there is life on Earth and not in other planets of our galaxy or if it's possible to live in Mars. Everyone, when he was child, wanted to understand the numerous constellations of stars in the sky and to know if they had a sense for us.

Sébastien Rouleau

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:32 pm

Sébastien Rouleau wrote:Hi everyone,
The first thing that I think when people ask me about space exploration is  science fiction movies like Alien with Sigourney Weaver or Mars Attack with Jack Nicholson. Everyone already wondered this question : Are there other forms of life in the space ??? If yes, are they more or less developed than us? Are they dangerous or peaceful ?
Today, we haven't the answer of this question.

Then, more seriously, with space exploration, we can understand why there was the Big Bang, why there is life on Earth and not in other planets of our galaxy or if it's possible to live in Mars. Everyone, when he was child, wanted to understand the numerous constellations of stars in the sky and to know if they had a sense for us.

let's go to Mars.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Palard Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:37 pm

The space exploration can be analyzed under a political angle. Indeed, during the cold war the USA and the USSR conducted a space run. With the aim of proving to his opponent his technological superiority. So the first man in the space was Yuri Gagarin, but it's Americans which walked on the Moon. Thus, the space exploration the space exploration is a part of the soft power.
From another point of view, the space exploration raise the problem of the ressource allocation. Indeed, we send people to the space, but people starve on Earth. Every launch of rocket costs between 20 and 35 million of euros...
In my view, the space exploration is really puzzling; what do we find ? My answer to the debate on the allocation of the resources, is a politicain answer, we can make efforts.

Antoine Palard

Back to top Go down

Post by Emilie Virfollet Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:44 pm

Thomas Pesquet : a man who will 'sent in the air'.
November 16,The former airline pilot  will go to  the International Space Station on board Soyouz, where he will spend six months. But go in space is not a simple thing :he and his teammates will be in a bubble two weeks before the launch, and followed by doctors.
Thomas Pesquet will become the youngest European astronaut and the tenth French astronaut for a mission. In 2009, he was selected by the European Space Agency among 8413 candidates to go into space!!
In the space station, he will be Flight Engineer. Once on board, he will also be a scientific operator to the experiences of the European Space Agency program. Four spacewalks are planned within six months. It is planned to make two at the beginning of the mission and two at the end. The first is for the starboard battery installation at the foot of two solar panels on eight.
An extraordinary experience! But I will be unable to do.

Emilie Virfollet

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:49 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexiane Sénéchaud Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:21 pm

The space exploration allows to understand the world in which we live by comparing our similarities and differences with the others planets.
In my opinion, of the one side it's a good thing to travel through the space for the scientific aspect. We discover an the other point of view our planet, and how Univers was been created. For example, the travel towards Mars programate in 2024 aims to take samples an study more the climate.
On the other side, I think is a good things that a lot of questions haven't got answer. It protects the mystery look of the place.
Then people who travel on space have to great strain on the body. And most of the time for small discoveries with regard to what he undergo
Moreover, I had seen in an article that for 30000 euros the people could travel in the space during some hour. Everything becomes trade. Espetially, isn't natural for human to go on Space.

Alexiane Sénéchaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Rindra Razafindrahaingo Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:10 am

Gabriel Pilon wrote:This reflexion was about our importance in the univers. The writer involve the extremly small (like bacteria, cells, atoms, etc...) and the extremely big (space, planets, sun, ...). He wanted to think about our position between those things, somehow we are giants, but somehow we are just a little dust in the biggest desert that ever exist.
I like to think that the universe as we know it is actually an embedding of smaller universes and a part of some bigger ones. I mean, we are made of atoms, but what if those atoms are in fact a star system and molecules are galaxies. So it turns out we are living in the gut of a very very giant dude (we call him god?). I simplify it a lot but you got my point Laughing
Rindra Razafindrahaingo
Rindra Razafindrahaingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rindra Razafindrahaingo Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:19 am

Antoine Palard wrote:From another point of view, the space exploration raise the problem of the ressource allocation. Indeed, we  send people to the space, but people starve on Earth. Every launch of rocket costs between 20 and 35 million of euros...
In my view, the space exploration is really puzzling; what do we find ? My answer to the debate on the allocation of the resources, is  a politicain answer, we can make efforts.
But those launches allow us to get our directions from our smartphones, make calls from a continent to another one, monitor the deforestation, the weather, the rise of ocean level etc. And we cant ask NASA to feed the starving people, the UN, even the USA have departments to do so. Each agency/department have their allocated budget, they just have to use it wisely. And starvation cant be solved by giving out money, if you want to stem it, dont give starved people fishes, teach them to fish.
Rindra Razafindrahaingo
Rindra Razafindrahaingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Rindra Razafindrahaingo Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:22 am

Admin wrote:
And it grew into this
Rindra Razafindrahaingo
Rindra Razafindrahaingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Rolland Sat Oct 08, 2016 10:44 am

Hi,
Space exploration, the human is always intrigued by the unknown. We know our blue planet and we want explore the universe. Many travels are proposed at the moment but i think it's more marketing. Go to the space for 100 000$ (thank's Branson) it's good but 10 minutes it's not exploration.
For me, space is realy interesting. Infinite, he provides many possibilities. On others planets, there are maybe life, news peoples, news civilizations. But we need lot of energy to go on Mars so we need to find a new source of energy to leave our sun system. Also find a way to travel during a long time, because the human can't stay aware when travelling at the speed of light. We can see a possible scenario for the human in the movie Interstellar. I love this movie. It's realy interesting and i urge you to see this masterpiece.

Jules Rolland

Back to top Go down

Post by TAO SIHAN Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:26 pm

Hi,

The space exploration is always a hot issue for astronomer. Many researchs show us that there are others planets which are more old-line than Earth.

The space is always a mystery for me. Many years ago, human started to explore the space. We launched many satellites into the space in order to know well about this world, this space. We are curious about the development of space and we want to know if there are species living in the space. Recently, China decided to lanch a satellite——Mars Rover in 2020, that is the first satellite for Mars empoldered by Chinese. This will be a important milestone for China to explore the space, I think.

The space is beautiful but also formidable. Cause we don't know exactly when accident will come up to us in the future. Maybe one day the other "naughty" planet will collide with Earth. And we die. Smile

TAO SIHAN

Back to top Go down

Post by zhaozixuan Sat Oct 08, 2016 8:09 pm

There is a drama called A Spacetime Odyssey.
I introduce this play may sound boring, the same as the content of their textbooks. But I guarantee its not boring. I am a person of a long time for science to maintain a certain distance. However, by a friend recommended me to see this play I saw the first episode then im obsessed..This is a play to allow people to study science although they are not interested in science.It began to introduce a relatively simple, then add the long layer becomes more complicated. I admit I do not fully grasp all the content inside it, but it makes me like these scientific topics, let me curious about our planet, our universe.
I feel like the person who likes the "Big Bang" and "Interstellar" will certainly like "Cosmic Universe Tour"!

zhaozixuan

Back to top Go down

Post by kilian pousset Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:06 pm

When i try to reflect about space, i always have the same feeling : excited and curious but in the same time frightened..
The question which always come back ahead of my mind is : Are we alone ?
What do we know about space ? Something like anything, because we are not able with the scientific progress to define the borders of the space.. That's why it frighten me.
But discover the space is the rest of our earth's discovery. Indeed, the human always had the voluntee to explore the unknown, and it permit now to bring lot of benefits for our society (technological progress etc) and our knowledges on this subject (history of the solar system etc).
But the question which stay in my head and never left me during the time where i was writen this post is : What we will find beyond the actual borders of our knowledges and our exploration ?

kilian pousset

Back to top Go down

Post by ronanroquet Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:15 pm

There will come a day when humans will no longer live on earth, given the limited resources it has. Companies based in space looking for new planets up human life. Today some scientists are therefore working in the shadows to find a way to move at the speed of light, and thus well able to move directly studied on the planet.

ronanroquet

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin Simonnet Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:16 pm

To begin thank you to all those who voted for this topic ^^
I think the future of the human race will be through the conquest of space. In other words, no resources are no longer sufficient and we will have to migrate to other stars and rebuild a civilization in the light of past mistakes. Unfortunately for us, it's not tomorrow that it will happen.

Valentin Simonnet

Back to top Go down

Post by SY DEMBA Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:35 pm

Valentin Simonnet wrote:To begin thank you to all those who voted for this topic ^^
I also wanted to talk about "What to do on a shinny sunday" Sad
To be honest, i do know pretty much nothing about space exploration. The last thing i can remember about this subject is that Congo sent a mouse in space lol! , and i'm not even sure that it is true but hey, it's still funny. Beside that, i got the feeling that the main reason we are looking to go that deep in space is because we all know that the earth is fucked up.
SY DEMBA
SY DEMBA

Back to top Go down

Post by Rindra Razafindrahaingo Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:19 pm

SY DEMBA wrote:The last thing i can remember about this subject is that Congo sent a mouse in space lol! , and i'm not even sure that it is true but hey, it's still funny.
It's a serious business though. But he's right, we learn from failures and there is a first time for everything. But I dont think the rat enjoyed the trip Laughing at least it was a free ride
Rindra Razafindrahaingo
Rindra Razafindrahaingo

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:19 am

No selfie in space from the rodent then?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rindra Razafindrahaingo Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:35 am

Not this time, they prohibit phones in planes rockets
Rindra Razafindrahaingo
Rindra Razafindrahaingo

Back to top Go down

Post by TR Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:48 am

Rindra Razafindrahaingo wrote:
SY DEMBA wrote:The last thing i can remember about this subject is that Congo sent a mouse in space lol! , and i'm not even sure that it is true but hey, it's still funny.
It's a serious business though. But he's right, we learn from failures and there is a first time for everything. But I dont think the rat enjoyed the trip Laughing at least it was a free ride

Admin wrote:No selfie in space from the rodent then?
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

I can't stop laughing. Anyway, the world's end is getting very close so humans must find a new way to live. That's when Space (exploration) comes up. bam, we're all gonna die.
TR
TR

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:48 pm

Week 3 discussion - Space Exploration. F64d985625da2e2ae53dd6b1aaef76da
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by po-vinel Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:28 pm

I believe that exploration is one of the most beautiful things. Through space exploration, we discovered and used computers. In 1969 we sent a man to the moon with 2 computers with a power of 1 Mhz 4KB of RAM and a disk of 36 kb. Today my smartphone is 1000 times more powerful and it serves me to blow a little bird Smile . Space exploration is great. This will send people into space for a few billion. At the same time, we have children dying of hunger. But see an astronaut say "hello" in space while humans are starving this is priceless.

po-vinel

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrian Vinatier Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:04 pm

Hi everybody !
I am fascinated by the astronomy and for me, undoubtedly the life is present outside the Earth. The future of the Humanity an is to travel in the space to find new planets. I am very pensive on the fact that we did not still return on the Moon since 1969. I think that this journey is classified defense because it is obvious that our technology allows us to travel on the Moon....

Adrian Vinatier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next