UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 4 Politics

+18
Mathilde David
Pauline Avril
Lauriane BELLOY
Julie Chartier
Margot Baudoin
Barbier Victor
Camille Ayrault
DELAITE Carine
Maxime Calogine
Aleksandra Blaszczak
Fanny CLAVAUD
Celia Butel
Lucas De Conti
Viktor Beekman
LAURINE BRUN
boyadzhieva.yoana
ANIL Yeliz
Admin
22 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 4 Politics - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 4 Politics

Post by Laura Croegaert Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:41 pm

Hi !
I will talk about the politics in Slovakia, because during the second semester I will leave to Banska. (Thank you Celia, you have inspired me for this subject) I had to search about the country, because I didn’t know about Slovakia. More particularly, I will speak about the actual president.

In 2004, Andrej Kiska has been elected as the president of the Slovakian republic. He is without a political party so we don't know if he is conservator or liberal. His election created a sensation, because he has been elected with 59%, against Robert Fico, the prime minister, who was the favorite. Originally, he isn't a political man, he is a business man, and he founded micro credit companies in 1996 which had success, so he has become a rich man.  According to Dag Danis, a commentator thinks that “Kiska is without politic opinion and without leadership capacity” but “an ideal joker to the people who hate traditional politics, so Fico politics”. The majority of Slovak people think Kiska isn't corrupted unlike others parties. They don't trust any parties.

Laura Croegaert

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:43 pm

Axel Chalet wrote:Hello,
I post this quote a second time because the first doesn’t work, I’ve just lost 30 minutes and I have to restart !
I don’t really understand politic but in fact, I don’t really interested by politics, I just inform myself for the elections and general knowledge. Every politics have good ideas but those ideas have some compensation and the politic either will not hold the promise because compensation is too hard or the politic will hold the promise but peoples will not satisfied. It become rare that see a French president take a big decision, and satisfied the majority. I believe the president is more in charge to “keeps the boat floating”, and it’s enough harder …
I can’t choose any party like I said before, lot of politics a good idea but in general, I find the extremes too extremes and a “left” who look like the “right”, I don’t see a really difference.
So now, I’m going to read the candidate’s programs, goodbye !

Sorry that you lost your work Axel. Sometimes if the post takes a long time to write the program gives up. You need to copy it first and then if it doesn't send you can simply paste it the second time.

Now back to your Sarkozy pamphlet.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:45 pm

Laura Croegaert wrote:Hi !
I will talk about the politics in Slovakia, because during the second semester I will leave to Banska. (Thank you Celia, you have inspired me for this subject) I had to search about the country, because I didn’t know about Slovakia. More particularly, I will speak about the actual president.

In 2004, Andrej Kiska has been elected as the president of the Slovakian republic. He is without a political party so we don't know if he is conservator or liberal. His election created a sensation, because he has been elected with 59%, against Robert Fico, the prime minister, who was the favorite. Originally, he isn't a political man, he is a business man, and he founded micro credit companies in 1996 which had success, so he has become a rich man.  According to Dag Danis, a commentator thinks that “Kiska is without politic opinion and without leadership capacity” but “an ideal joker to the people who hate traditional politics, so Fico politics”. The majority of Slovak people think Kiska isn't corrupted unlike others parties. They don't trust any parties.

Interesting. Perhaps Yannick Noah has a chance in France.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laura Croegaert Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:17 pm

Hi everybody,

I will speak about a terrorist group that I think few people know about: the East Turkestan Islamic movement. Generally, we hear about the attacks in our country or surrounding countries... but on the other side of the world much less.
This terrorism group comes from north-west China, more particular, the xinjiang region. This region called eastern Turkestan is part of 5 autonomous regions of China. The majority of populations are Ouighours, an ethnic group of Muslim faith. Their main claim affects the independence and the creation of an Islamic state inside the Eastern Turkestan.
Currently, this group counts about 200 members.
1998 marked the beginning of terrorism acts. The first actions took place in xinjiang, then they extended into China.
In 2013, in order to promote their group, they published on the web a propaganda video in which we could see children who were training for armed jihad. Koranic schools were an ideal place to recruit. They learned there to make bombs and to use weapons...
Faced with this situation, after the attack of the station of Kunming which had resulted in 31 dead and 140 injured persons, the Chinese government has decided to use force and deployed massively policemen in the region. The most surprising was that China didn’t want to make a distinction between various groups of ouighours opposition. China considers that all groups are supported by Al-Qaida.
I think these conflations, will not stop attacks, on the contrary, they will participate in the development of new tensions...

Laura Croegaert

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:56 am

Laura Croegaert wrote:Hi everybody,

I will speak about a terrorist group that I think few people know about: the East Turkestan Islamic movement. Generally, we hear about the attacks in our country or surrounding countries... but on the other side of the world much less.
This terrorism group comes from north-west China, more particular, the xinjiang region. This region called eastern Turkestan is part of 5 autonomous regions of China. The majority of populations are Ouighours, an ethnic group of Muslim faith. Their main claim affects the independence and the creation of an Islamic state inside the Eastern Turkestan.
Currently, this group counts about 200 members.
1998 marked the beginning of terrorism acts. The first actions took place in xinjiang, then they extended into China.
In 2013, in order to promote their group, they published on the web a propaganda video in which we could see children who were training for armed jihad. Koranic schools were an ideal place to recruit. They learned there to make bombs and to use weapons...
Faced with this situation, after the attack of the station of Kunming which had resulted in 31 dead and 140 injured persons, the Chinese government has decided to use force and deployed massively policemen in the region. The most surprising was that China didn’t want to make a distinction between various groups of ouighours opposition. China considers that all groups are supported by Al-Qaida.
I think these conflations, will not stop attacks, on the contrary, they will participate in the development of new tensions...

thanks for the information. I'd never heard of them before.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2