UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke Cage

2 posters

Go down

Luke Cage  Empty Luke Cage

Post by Nadir Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:50 pm

What's up
I'm gonna speak about a series called Luke Cage. Its circulation begins September 30 on the 20161 video service Netflix application and Canada on Netflix Canada.

It features the Marvel Comics character Luke Cage will be played by actor Mike Colter. The series is produced by ABC Studios and Marvel Television. It belongs, with Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Iron Fist, the four series of the Marvel cinematic universe will end soon in the mini-series The Defenders, still on Netflix. This series is broadcast on Netflix in all francophone countries since 30 September 2016.

Mike Colter stars as Carl Lucas / Luke Cage, a former convict with superhuman strength and unbreakable skin who now fights crime. When a sabotaged experiment gives him super strength and unbreakable skin, Luke Cage becomes a fugitive attempting to rebuild his life in Harlem and must soon confront his past and fight a battle for the heart of his city

On the first episode :
Luke Cage is keeping a low profile as a sweeper at a barbershop owned by ex-gangster Henry "Pop" Hunter and as a dishwasher at the "Harlem's Paradise", a nightclub owned by crime boss Cornell "Cottonmouth" Stokes. Two men, Shameek and Chico, bust up one of Stokes' arms deals with help from Dante, a bartender at the Harlem Paradise. After they shoot and leave Dante for dead. NYPD detectives Misty Knight and Rafael Scarfe are tasked with the investigation. With help from "Shades" Alvarez, who works for Stokes' supplier Willis "Diamondback" Stryker, Stokes tracks and kills Shameek and retrieves his share of the money. Scarfe and Knight decide to question Cage, who had replaced Dante during his absence at the club. Meanwhile, Cage beats up and fends off street thugs, who attack his landlady's restaurant demanding contribution for the "New Harlem Renaissance" initiative spearheaded by Stokes' cousin Mariah Dillard, a councilwoman.

Nadir

Back to top Go down

Luke Cage  Empty Re: Luke Cage

Post by Sterling Archer Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:42 pm

Great series, right?!
Did you watch Daredevil and Jessica Jones? The three series are connected in some points, like for Claire Temple character.
What I appreciate in Luke Cage is the soundtrack. Marvel finally made an entertainment (series and movies) with memorable music tracks! The opening credits music is loud! In episode 5, we have a representation from Jidenna, and this music is excellent. I put the YouTube link if you want to listen to his title. Method Man even does a song for the show and Wu-Tang is in the series playlist!

About the series, she was great, loyal to the comics character. We are plunged in Harlem, it absorb me. I like the series’ atmosphere/vibe and it’s rhythmed. I noticed some easter eggs (clins d’œil) like in every Marvel-Netflix Show. Some were easy to notice, because I read some Luke Cage comics.
Luke Cage is present in Jessica Jones series. I think in the Defenders, it’s the character I like the least. I can’t wait to see Luke team-up with is bro Iron Fist in The Defenders
Spoiler:

The villains introduced in Luke Cage wasn’t my favorites in Marvel-Netflix Series. I prefer Kilgrave from Jessica Jones series and Kingpin from Daredevil.
You say that The Defenders and Iron Fist are coming, but The Punisher is coming back also!

P.S.: Always Forward.

Sterling Archer
Sterling Archer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nadir Sun Oct 23, 2016 7:34 pm

Hey Ivan

I started to watch daredevil. I saw the first three episodes. The story of this blind lawyer is amazing. Especially when you see how he can eliminate his enemies. It's the first time I see a blind superhero and it's spectacular! I've seen this girl, Claire Temple, on Luke Cage who help him when he got stoned!
I don't heard about the punisher I will check this but I guess it will be a wonderful series as like all movies and series featuring scene of marvel heroes Wink

Ps: Great song

Nadir

Back to top Go down

Post by Nadir Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:03 pm

On the episode 2:
After Stokes' enquiry, Cage locates Chico and brings him to the barbershop for protection at Pop's behest.
Pop's lies to agent Misthy Knight andScarfe about Chico's whereabout.
Pop sends Cage to parley with Stokes (Cottonmouth) on Chico's behalf, but one of Stokes' men, Tone, is tipped off to Chico's location by Turk Barrett and performs a drive-by shooting, killing Pop and critically wounding Chico. Luke managed to shield the boy present at the barber. Misty becomes suspicious when Cage remains unharmed despite getting shot. Angered by Pop's death, Cotonmouth kills Tone for his actions and gives Dillard the money. When Cage finds out about this, he decides to retaliate.

Nadir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sterling Archer Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:32 pm

Yo!

Yeah, great show too Daredevil.
About The Punisher, he is performing by Jon Bernthal (who perform Shane in The Walking Dead). He is the main villain in Daredevil (season 2). Actually, he isn’t a real villain. It’s more a guy like Deadpool, a mercenary who don’t give a f*ck about killing, he doesn’t accept surrender. He is characterized by a white skull on his shirts. It’s an interesting and complex character. Netflix and Marvel just started the filming in NY this month, to be aired in 2018.

About Luke Cage, I think the real villain is Mariah Dillard. I really like Shades Cool, but you’ll discover some things about him in next Luke Cage season.
Bye!
Sterling Archer
Sterling Archer

Back to top Go down

Post by Nadir Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:08 pm

on the episode 3

Stokes "Cottonmouth" payed for Pop's funeral and warns Cage to let him do his business. Cage finds out from a regular customer, Bobby Fish, that the barbershop is facing closure due to unpaid bills. Several attacks are carried out, and Stokes has a falling out with his associate Domingo Colon, whom he blamed for the attacks. Cage attacks Crispus Attucks, steals a share of the money, which he gives to Fish, and leaves the rest for the police to. After agreeing to testify against Stokes and revealing Cage's involvement in the attacks, Chico is killed by Scarfe, who is on Stokes' payroll. Stokes tracks down Cage to Connie Lin's restaurant and fires a missile, causing an explosion.

Nadir

Back to top Go down

Post by Nadir Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:16 pm

On the episode 4:

While trapped in the rubble, Cage reminisces about his past as Carl Lucas and his incarceration at Seagate Prison, a private detention facility run by C.O. He befriends fellow inmate Squabbles, is attracted by psychologist Dr. Reva Connors, and is forced to engage in illegal ring fights by Rackham, and crossed paths with inmates Alvarez and Comanche.
Lucas and Connors plan to expose Rackham's activities, but Rackham learns of this by torturing Squabbles and has Lucas brutally beaten.
Connors convinces Dr. Noah Burstein, a scientist conducting experiments on the inmates, to perform the procedure on Lucas. Rackham sabotages the experiment, and the resulting accident gives Lucas his powers. He then escapes and adopts the identity of "Luke Cage.

Nadir

Back to top Go down

Post by Nadir Tue Nov 29, 2016 10:21 pm

on the episode 5:

Stokes begins extorting the citizens of Harlem to cover his debts and Cage confronts him. He demands him to stop. Shades recognizes Cage from Seagate and offers to lend Stokes a prototype weapon stolen from Hammer Industries that could kill Cage on Diamondback's behalf.
Realizing this would cost him control of Harlem, Stokes decides to sell the weapons from the exchange to Colon and use the money to buy Diamondback's weapon. Meanwhile, Knight begins investigating Scarfe at the behest of her superiors and Claire Temple arrives in Harlem to visit her mother, Soledad Temple, to whom she confides about her experiences with enhanced people. During Pop's memorial, Cage delivers an eulogy and humilliates Stokes.

Nadir

Back to top Go down

Post by Nadir Sun Dec 04, 2016 10:42 pm

on the episode 6:

Scarfe try to blackmail Stokes, but is critically wounded instead and escapes to Pop's for help, where he gives Cage a type of ledger with incriminating evidence on Stokes. Cage contacts Claire, who treats Scarfe's injuries, while another of Stokes' men, Lieutenant Perez, is ordered to find and kill Scarfe. Cage contacts Claire, who treats Scarfe's injuries, while another of Stokes' men, Lieutenant Perez, is ordered to find and kill Scarfe. Knight finds out Perez is also on Stokes' payroll and tricks him, she records him when he admits it. Then she arrests him.

Nadir

Back to top Go down

Post by Nadir Mon Dec 05, 2016 12:27 pm

On the episode 7:

Scarfe's ledger is found inadmissible and Stokes is exonerated. He threatens to expose Cage's real identity if he challenged him again. Cage decides to leave Harlem but Claire convinces him to stay and fight. As a child, Stokes' musical talents were encouraged by his uncle Pete, whom Mabel later forced Stokes to kill after learning Pete had made side dealings with her rivals, and molested Dillard. Meanwhile, Knight is investigated by the internal affairs bureau while Dillard is put under pressure by her party to resign from the council. Cage attacks Colon and takes the weapons, giving them to Knight. Dillard visits Stokes to convince him to let go of his obsession with Cage.

Nadir

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down