UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3 topic - Travel

+32
MarieRenaud
Da silva Julien
Louis Wozniak
Kevin Thiebault
ALI MMADI MDJASSIRI
Simon Izembard
Sylvain Person
Noëlie TESTON
Nolwenn Lannuel
Evelyne ADOHI
RomainChassat12
thibault toulat
Corentin Menesplier
simon toulat
Romain Bourreau
Alexandre POIRIER
Martin BALQUET
Briant Amandine
Jules Mouren
manon devault
Yann Roland
Abou hagar Mohamed
Océane GERMAIN FOURNIER
Chaufouraux Nicolas
Fabien Roger
Simon ALBERT
Beaufrère Angélique
raphael aguilar
Fanny Hamon
LASSINA COULIBALY
Marty SAMAR
Admin
36 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 3 topic - Travel Empty Week 3 topic - Travel

Post by Admin Tue Nov 22, 2016 4:05 pm

This is where you should post your thoughts on travel. Where you have been, where you'd like to go, your best experience, your worst experience, where you'd like to send someone else. You could tell me all the reasons that I should bring my family to Niort for a holiday/visit. Whatever you want... over to you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 3 topic - Travel Empty Re: Week 3 topic - Travel

Post by Marty SAMAR Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:03 am

Hi Mister Cox,

I think travel is very enriching at the cultural level, because it allows us to discover new cultures, ways of living or another way of thinking. I was able to travel to different places such as England, Canada, Spain, United States, Martinique. Canada and the United States have been the best destinations for me. There are beautiful landscapes, people are welcoming, the way of life is different from France but it is rather pleasant. On my first stay in England with my college, our host family was really not pleasant, it made my trip not very enjoyable. However I liked the landscapes of England and the architecture of London. I can recommend you to go to New York City, Montreal, Toronto or even Martinique all these places are superb, I have only fond memories. If you want to go to the beach the Martinique seems to me the ideal place.

When you come to discover Niort, the place not to be missed are the marshes poitevins. In addition you can walk in the city center, discover old buildings, the dungeon. I think there are very good hotels in the center or out of town.

See you soon, Marty SAMAR.

Marty SAMAR

Back to top Go down

Post by LASSINA COULIBALY Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:30 pm

Hi Mr COX,

In my opinion, travel is move to another city, another country. It is also to discover new culture.
I’ve been to Togo, Ghana and France (and I'm here for a long time), but my best experience is my stay in Accra to Ghana.
Once, with my best friend, we got lost in Cape Coast, a seaside resort at 93 miles from Accra. It’s dictionary in hand and three hours later that we returned home.
It doesn’t happen one month without I think back to this experience, which really made me love English.  Very Happy
I really hope to have the opportunity to get lost in Japan and why not learn Japanese at the same time.

See you soon

Lassina COULIBALY

LASSINA COULIBALY

Back to top Go down

Post by Fanny Hamon Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:08 pm

Hi mister Cox,

I like to travel. I did two school trips abroad. The first one in Germany in 2009 and the other one in Czech Republic in 2011. When I went to Germany, I stayed in Bremervörde, a little town of 18 550 inhabitants. I stayed there 10 days. During my trip, I visited the big city of Köln, situated in the west of the country. Two years later, I went to Prague, in the Czech Republic. I stayed there two weeks. I went also to Pilsen, a little town located at one hour of Prague. There, I joined a correspondent named Klara. Klara came to see me in France a few months later.
The last time I went on vacation was in Biarritz. I stayed in a hotel and I took surf lessons. It was really great !
The last two years, I went skiing with my friends in Tignes and Val d'Isère. It's two beautiful ski station in the Alps. The first time we went, we were in a holiday center, but the second time, we rented a cottage in the mountains. It was so cute !
In the future, I would like to visit London, Barcelona and Rome.

See you soon.

Fanny Hamon

Fanny Hamon

Back to top Go down

Post by raphael aguilar Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:27 pm

Hi Mr Cox,

I enjoy travelling. My best experience in travelling was when i travelled in New York with a friend for nine days. I was staying in the Queens, everyday i took the subway to go to Manhattan. In Manhattan i visited many famous places. I loved Central Park and Timesquare. Unfortunately i could not visit the statue of liberty because it was under maintenance but i took the ferry to go around it. My worst experience was obviously when i arrived in Niort. There is nothing to do, the wearther is not good and Niort’s eiffel tower is Brèche’s square. That’s why i think you shouldn’t bring your family in Niort for the holidays. Anyway welcome in Niort.

See you soon,
Raphael Aguilar

raphael aguilar

Back to top Go down

Post by Beaufrère Angélique Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:08 pm

Hi Mister Cox,

I went to Spain where I visit museum and I discovered beautiful landscape but this is not a country where I would like to live. Even though there are many beautiful places to visit.
I was in Switzerland, there are really beautiful things to see.
Later, I would like to visit Canada for all these beautiful landscapes. Australia is a country that I would like to visit because there are beautiful landscapes and also for the sun.
But there is a beautiful thing to see in France, and about Niort, the city center is a beautiful place with the Donjon, but all the tourist offices will say that it’s necessary to visit the marshes poitevins.

See your soon,
Angélique Beaufrère

Beaufrère Angélique

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon ALBERT Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:41 pm

Hi Mister Cox,

I like to travel. I did one school trip abroad. During this trip, I was in Germany and the Czech Republic. In Germany, I visited Vohenstrauss which is the twin city with my college. Then we visited a concentration camp. It was very impressive. Then we visited the beautiful city of Prague.
My best trips are skiing holidays with all my family. We pass a good moments on the tracks. I am proud to go there this winter.
All trips are great experiences for me.
I think you should bring your family to Niort for the holidays because Niort is near to many things:
The ocean
The Puy du Fou
The futuroscope
The marsh poitevin
On the other hand the city of Niort is not very pretty.

See you soon,
Simon ALBERT

Simon ALBERT

Back to top Go down

Post by Fabien Roger Thu Dec 01, 2016 1:57 pm

Hi Mister Cox,

Since my childhood, i travel around the World (specially in Europe). I visited approximately 20 countries.
I've been to Ireland, England, Scotland, Spain, Portugal, Morocco, Austria, Czech Republic,Croatia, Greece, Bosnia, Slovenia,Danmark,Italy,Norway,Sweden, Switzerland, Hungary.
In february, i will go, alone, to Poland during 1 week. In June, i will go to Riga or Tallinn/Helsinki during 2 weeks.
I would like to travel the world after my scolarity.
Best Places : Norway, most beautiful country !!
Best Experience : Preikestolen, Trek of 3 hours to arrive on a rock above the void, in front of a fjord.
I have no bad memories, everything that happens on a trip strengthens us..
The world is a book and those who do not travel only read one page

Travel, is my life. We can meet local population, we discover new cultures, new landscapes. The travel can change your mind about the world.

See you,
ROGER Fabien

Fabien Roger

Back to top Go down

Post by Chaufouraux Nicolas Thu Dec 01, 2016 5:10 pm

Hi Mister Cox
During my studies since college , i travel in different country . First of all, I travel in Ireland in 2008. Ireland is a beautiful country with a beautiful landscapes but it rains all the time. Then in 2009 I travel during 15 days in Germany and more precisely in Bayern. In this town I have visited Allianz Arena and I discovered the land of beer. Then, in 2010 I traveled in Napoli , in Italy . In this country of pizza I visited Pompei and Capri (a small island like Corsica for the France).
My favorite travel is in Germany because I visited Allianz Arena and Neuschwanstein Castle.
Later I want to travel in Austrtalia to see Kangaroo and to have sun all the time !!!!!

Chaufouraux Nicolas

Back to top Go down

Week 3 topic - Travel Empty Travel

Post by Océane GERMAIN FOURNIER Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:16 pm

Travelling is a good idea to escape reality, discover new places, new landscapes and new cultures. It’s makes it possible to meet new people, their lifestyles and their languages, etc.. I love travel a lot. It’s allows me to relax and take a break.
I have already visited Spain and Italy, thanks school trips. In Spain, we were able to integrate host families, which allowed me to progress in the language, and to communicate with the family. It was a great experience !
I would like to travelling again and discover new countries like England, United States and Denmark. I would like to try be an au pair in England, to perfect myself in this language and to discover cultural lifestyle and the wealth of the country.
But France has pretty regions that it can be interesting to discover. I would like to visit cities such as Bordeaux, Lyon, Strasbourg or Toulouse. These are cities that move a lot, and where there is a lot to see. I would like to see the city of space of Toulouse, or the Capitol, to visit the basilica, cathedrals and museums of Bordeaux, to admire the nice buildings of the houses of Strasbourg, palaces etc ..

If you want to visit Niort city with your family, you must absolutely go for a walk in the Poitevin swamp. You can take a guided boat tour and stroll along the banks. The place de la breche is very nice in the summer, you can lie down on the grass, boo, children can play and there are jets of water. There are also many bars, cafes and restaurants. Christmas in Niort is very nice too : the city broadcastes animations on the walls of the dungeon, there is a skating rink for children, fast food stands, and a christmas market !!!

Océane GERMAIN FOURNIER

Back to top Go down

Post by Abou hagar Mohamed Fri Dec 02, 2016 4:21 pm

Hello
I went to several places during my short life, outside of France, Egypt, Spain, and France, in several cities like tours, paris, la rochelle, Nantes, traveling for me is a way out of a routine Set up on a daily basis ....
The best experience I had was when I went to Egypt when I was 15, it was in July-August, when I go to Egypt I join all my family who come from several Place in the world (Dubai, Saudi Arabia ...) if I have to advise you a place or leave, it would be "al-Giza", where there is the pyramid, the Sphinx .... It is truly magnificent, day and night.
My worst experience was during Christmas time when I was 16 years old, I went to Tours to see my family, and it was not nice the whole time I was there, so we did nothing , It was really annoying.

Abou hagar Mohamed

Back to top Go down

Post by Yann Roland Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:02 pm

Hello Mister Cox,

During 19 years, I left only once the French territory. I went in Barcelone in 2008 during 5 days with my sister, I visited differents places like museums, or the "Sagrada Familia" temple for example. Also I saw a football match in Camp Nou. It was a really good travel.
However I travel a lot in France because of national table tennis competitions. Indeed, I play every week end and I have to make sometimes until 5 hours of journey when I play outside.

During my holidays, I often go in Brittany to watch my family. It is in my opinion the most beautiful region of the world.
In the future, I would like to go in Ireland (I am found of celtic countries), even if I don't very well speak English.

See you on Tuesday,
Yann Roland

Yann Roland

Back to top Go down

Post by manon devault Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi Mister Cox !

I went seven times in Spain, five times during my studies and two times with my friends and my familly. I love this country and spanish people. During my travel in Spanish with my college I was in host family, is very enriching to be in contact with families, eat with him, and live with him during one week. This enables an exchange of cultures.
I went in Germany and Poland in 2014. It was a travel on the Second World War.
It's my toughest travel emotionally because I've visited Auschwitz and other places like this, museums in memory of the Jews. I have seen images of the places that will remain engraved in my memory.

I love traveling, I think it is my brother who gives me the desire to travel because he travels a lot and shows me all his travel photos. The world is so vast and I think it is a chance to discover other cultures and places. I think it's important to discover other people to learn from each other.

For your family in Niort I advise you a boat trip in the Marais Poitevin, and a walk in the city center you will see the dungeon and there is a local products shop to bring home local specialties in England.

manon devault

Back to top Go down

Post by Jules Mouren Sun Dec 04, 2016 1:29 pm

Hi Mister Cox !
Actually I think I’ve had the chance to travel a lot in Europe with my family, I went to England, Germany, Spain or Italy many many times, my grandfather comes from the region of the Greats lacs in the north of the country, on the Swiss border. I actually made like 4 or 5 trips in Italy principally in the north and the middle of the country, for example I’ve been to Venise 2 times. For me the second time was the best, we have visited the less touristic part of the city and islands around, like Burrano with his legendary glass blowing studio.

Graciously
Jules Mouren

Jules Mouren

Back to top Go down

Post by Briant Amandine Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:44 pm

Hi Mister Cox,

I've already been to England (In London) and Spain (In Coruna). These trips were only school trips.
Today, I would like to go to Canada. I want to visit this country primarily for fauna and flora, and not really for life in town. I want to see snowy landscapes with autumn colors. Caribou, squirrels, beavers, marmots or bears. The animal life of this country is so rich. Take a hot chocolate and pancakes with maple syrup in front of a chimney fire and see a snowy landscape across the window. This country attracts me also for the aurora borealis, this natural luminous phenomenon in a night sky.
See you soon,
Amandine Briant.

Briant Amandine

Back to top Go down

Post by Martin BALQUET Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:03 am

Hello Mister Cox,

To start with, I travelled a lot inside France, I often went in Brittany as well as in Pyrenees. I also visited Rouen recently as well as Paris, Lyon, Nantes and Marseille. Then, I visited various foreign countries. I went of numerous times in Spain with my parents and my brother during my childhood then I returned to it within the framework of a school journey to 3rd. Four years ago, I went to Portugal with my parents and my cousin (who replaced my big brother who did not want to come any more in journey). Then, I went twice in England, once within the framework of a school journey in 4th and another time with my parents. To finish, my longest journey lasted 20 days in the course of which I visited Italy, Slovenia, Croatia and Switzerland.

In all these journeys, my best experience was my school journey in England. I liked the route in Ferry from Calais to Dover, it was the first time which I went up in a boat so big. We were accommodated in various families in Hastings. My best friend and I, were accommodated in a family native of British Guiana. We visited the city, the Hastings Castle, the Blue Reef Aquarium and the museum "Smugglers Adventure" in which we had a questionnaire to be filled which was very funny. During this journey, we also went to London as well as to Brighton.
My worst experience was during the journey in Slovenia and Croatia because I left only with my parents. Given that we were in a camping, I was bored a lot because I had nothing to occupy me and I didn't speak the language to have fun with the other children of the camping.

In the future, I would like very going to the United States because it is the country which makes me dream. I could discover big cities filled with high rises and with giants parks. Finally, I have another wish which would be to return once again to England to attend a shock of the Premier League because over there, the fervour around the football is just incredible. (It would change me matches of shit in French League 1) Wink

You should make discover Niort to your family by showing them the downtown to see the dungeon there. Then, I advise you to take them in the "Marais Poitevin" to make a boat ride during which you can see coypus. (Be careful, this animal doesn't smell good) Very Happy

See you on Tuesday,
Martin BALQUET.

Martin BALQUET

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandre POIRIER Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:14 am

Hello mister Cox

I haven’t not enough travel during my life. I went 2 times in Germany with my school, one time in England and I make one week in a travel. I passed in Amsterdam, Berlin, and Auchwitz. It was an amazing travel, I think it’s the best memory that I have with my friends today.
But I want, in the future, travel a lot for differents things.

Firstly, I love the idea to travel because I want to discover new cultures, discover new ways of life, differents lifestyle. Discover new persons, talking with them.

Secondly, I think that if you travel with friends, person you liked or love, It will be a lot of memories for the rest of your life.
There is a lot of country that I want discover like Croatia, Italia, the USA and some Asian country like Thailand. I think that those different countrys are unique.

I like eating, and I think that every country have differents foods culture like the big pizza’s for Italia, the junk food from the United States, The asian food, that I love.
I hope I will travel when will I have enough money, it’s the own problem for this. I start to put on one side some money for this.

See you soon

Alexandre POIRIER

Alexandre POIRIER

Back to top Go down

Post by Romain Bourreau Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:29 pm

Hello mister Cox

I think travel is important because we can discover new cultur, new people, new landscape.

I like travel, i went three times to Switzerland because i have some friends in Switzerland, Switzerland is very beautiful and it's a very clean country. I want twice to Germany with school but it was not my best trip. I went one time to Porto when i was young. I went to naple with school and it was very great. This summer i went to Lloret de mar with friends, i think it's my best trip because i was with my friend and we have many good memories.
I went to poland with school to visit concentration camps, we learned a lot about history.

If you want to visit Niort, you can visit the dungeon or discover the beautiful "Marais Poitevin" but once is enough, Niort is not very big city.

See you soon,
Romain Bourreau

Romain Bourreau

Back to top Go down

Post by simon toulat Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:52 pm

Hi Mr Cox
During my life, I had the opportunity to visit some countries like Spain, Italy or Portugal, but never countries outside Europa. Soon I plan to spend my Christmas holidays in Thailand. It is a country totally different from what I was able to visit, to the other side of the world with a very different culture.
The difference of culture is one of the things that interest me the most in the travels, because it makes it possible to change my point of view on France. In the future, I would like to visit the other countries of Asia, like India or Japan.

See you soon
Simon Toulat

simon toulat

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin Menesplier Mon Dec 05, 2016 4:55 pm

Hey mister Cox !

During the holydays, I went with a friend to the Netherlands. The purpose of the trip was to find a friend who was studying there. I stayed a week in the Netherlands, I could visit many cities like amsterdam, ulthrec and eindhoven. This trip allowed me to discover a new culture. Besides, I slept at my friend's house, he was in a shared flat with 2 Spanish and 1 French.This colocation allowed me to practice my English and my Spanish and to meet friendly people. I liked this trip

See you soon

Corentin

Corentin Menesplier

Back to top Go down

Post by thibault toulat Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:10 pm

Hello mister Cox,

I have not travelled abroad much during my short life. I have been in Spain three times during my holydays for two weeks (each time) and in Italy (Rome) for one week. That's all I did as a trip. However, I travelled a lot inside France. I have been in Pyrénées, Alpes to ski. I also visited many cities (Paris, Bordeaux, Marseille, Nice...)

I like travel, I would like to discover other countries but for now, I have never had the opportunity to travel in a distant country due to the lack of time or because the trip costs too much.

In the future I would like to go in Australia, United states or in Japan.

See you soon
Thibault Toulat

thibault toulat

Back to top Go down

Post by RomainChassat12 Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:23 pm

Hello Mr Cox,
I have travelled in 3 foreign countries, England, Spain and Greece. I went to England three years in a row with my college, thanks to these trips I could improve my English and visit London (Big Ben / Westminster abbey ...). I have been to Spain thanks to my city, the town we have been in is close to Valladolid. What is very nice in Spain is the weather, it is always hot in summer. Concerning Greece I went with my high school, the language I used the most is English, in order to communicate with local traders.
I want to go back to England to see a game in Liverpool, because the atmosphere of Andfield is magical. However the place where I dream of going is in San Siro Stadium to see the Milan derby.
It's certain that if you are a football fan you should not come to Niort because the only supporters of Niort are those who were offered their place the day before the matches to fill the stadium. Take your family to Nice, you will have a beautiful weather and you will have an autograph from Balotelli.
See you tomorow,
Romain Chassat

RomainChassat12

Back to top Go down

Post by Evelyne ADOHI Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:54 pm

Hi Mister Cox,
I like travel and discover other culture. When you move to a country, you live new adventures, you discover new things and new food.
I had travel sometimes for holiday. I went to Benin, Tunisia, Austria, and United states. I would like to go at Dubai in the United Arab Emirates. To see the World, an artificial archipelago that reproduces the world map; Dubaï Marina to the particular architecture and inordinate, without forgetting the highest building of the world, Burj Khalifa. My best experience was Austria where I was in Vienna. I like this town because it’s very beautiful, with the old building, I also visit the castle of Schönbrunn. It was the Sissi the empress castle. For the moment, I don’t have worst experience.
I’m in Niort since September and I don’t visit the town for the moment. So I can really advise you on this point. I just know the brêche place and the university cluster. Even if the university cluster’s beautiful.

Evelyne ADOHI

Back to top Go down

Post by Nolwenn Lannuel Mon Dec 05, 2016 8:22 pm

Hello Mr Cox,

Having little travelled (Germany, Italy), I’m going to tell you the journey which I would like to make. It’s a world tour with some key countries. Indeed, I dream to go in India, in Australia, in Canada, and of course in England!

Then, at first, I’ll take the plane to go in India. Why this country? Because it’s a country of the East but I don’t wish to go in China or to Japan. I find these two too much industrialized countries and looking like the European countries. I want to see the big Indian markets, the colors, the saris worn by the inhabitants. I would also want to visit one of their Indian temples, the carrier elephants, etc. I idealize this country but I don’t also forget the poverty which reigns there. Everybody speaks about it and I would like to see it of my own eyes, to be made my own idea.

Then, I’ll leave for Australia. This country attracts me so much that Canada because they represent for me both extremes of the globe. A hot country, a cold country. I have many friends who left in these countries for their studies and who returned happied there. In my turn ! Australia presents a very attractive lifestyle, between cities and nature. I would want to take a photo next to a kangaroo, to visit Sydney and to go on the Coral Bay. I could see fishes and corals there and swim with a whale shark.

After that, I’ll take the boat and I’ll go along the South of Africa by making break in Madagascar where my father lived a few years. I’ll go back up to North America via New York (obviously!), I would go to see a match of Knicks (best would be one Knicks/Golden State because I’m a fan of Curry). I think that I’ll go to go shopping over there. Then, I’ll still go back up to Canada. I’ll visit my friend who stays for one year or two there. We will go to see Niagara Falls. I’ll see finally these forests, these sled dogs, the immense lakes which I see only in photo. And then, it seems that the Canadians are extremely welcoming. Maybe that I can ski also finally.

To finish this very long journey, I’ll take back the plane to arise in London. I’ll go to visit Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, I’ll rise in London Eye, I’ll go to have a coffee vanilla slat in Starbucks of London and I’ll send a photo to my sister by telling her : "I'm in!!!". England has to be the only country which she doesn’t make!

Nolwenn Lannuel

Back to top Go down

Post by Noëlie TESTON Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:49 pm

Travels allow to discover the world, to discover other cultures and an open mind: on mentalities, culinary specialties, landscapes, monuments, music, dances ...

When we travel, we feel free, we rediscover ourselves, we get out of our daily routine. We take time for ourselves and we don't worry about our problems.
We also do without our daily "superfluous", we take of step back, because very often we complain for not much and we forget to appreciate our privileged living conditions. This is important because it leads to a certain understanding and tolerance towards people living in a country with more difficult living conditions. It is above all to become aware of things. Besides the idyllic setting, the most beautiful aspects and surroundings of the country, traveling confronts us with reality because what you think and reality, there is a big gap and often it touches the heart deeply. It is often those who have the least, who share the most ...

Traveling allows to go to others, and try to be understood in a foreign language. And to share memories.

To return to his country after a trip is to change his visions of things for some time, but habits resurface.

The countries I visited are quite common: Spain, Portugal, England ...
Personally, it is not the countries that attract me the most, I would like to discover countries with a culture and landscapes totally different from France, as the Asian countries and more specifically: Thailand to see the elephant retirement home. Or make a Safari with Ludwing (<3) to see the elephants.

Regarding Niort, I do not know much about this city, I could not advise you.

See you,

NT

Noëlie TESTON

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next