UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How vegetarism has changed my life !

+4
Manon Px
Manon Lopez
Aurélie Leclerc
Jamel O
8 posters

Go down

How vegetarism has changed my life !  Empty How vegetarism has changed my life !

Post by Jamel O Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi guys , today is a special day for me because since 1 month, I'm now a vegetarian and I wanted to share my feelings !

First, don't worry, I'm fine, even very well and I've never felt as well and fit in my life: no stomachaches, feeling of heaviness after more eaten etc!

Being particularly sensitive to the animal cause, I've always wanted to be vegetarian since few years but I was quickly discouraged because I hadn't found the support that I needed in my surroundings and I thought I can hardly do without the chicken, I ate no pork, sheep and already less see more beef but chicken was for me the last bastion before vegetarianism!

October 26, 2016: I was on my Facebook, I like some images such as those from Sarcasmlol and I came across a video of L214, an association which defends ethics and animals, I opened this video and I saw the horror: Cow Fetuses about to be born, slowly asphyxiating. Thrown into just. Stunningly stunned animals pushed to blow from electric shocks.

=>  http://www.l214.com/enquetes/2016/abattoir-made-in-France/Limoges/

I couldn't condone it, it was over, after seeing it, it's decided: I don't eat any meat and I became a vegetarian.

Educating me on various internet sites such as Vegactu (http://www.vegactu.com), I realized that it is ' had as much protein in plants, that vegetarianism was healthy and that anyway, our body could not bear to eat meat every day, especially if the meat is of poor quality.

Since then, I eat only vegetables, fruits, salads, soy, quinoa, potatoes, beets, and it's just as good! I am also banned the consumption of sugary drinks (especially Coca Cola, Pepsi and all these shit), now it's water, beer (with Alfonso only or in parties, I don't like it anyway he will tell you) or possibly sirup with water.

My next step is to go vegan, I still find it difficult to pass me the cheese but it will come, I admire your course Eloise!

Becoming a vegetarian brought closer me to nature and sport, it's probably one of the best things I've done in my life, I am interested in organic, ethical practices and an alternative economy in the system that we currently know to live in peace and harmony with nature.

Away from me the idea to make you change your consumption patterns, I think that everyone is free to choose, I made the choice of vegetarianism after long time consuming fast food, meat, sodas etc, I realized that this was not good for my health and I decided to change those bad habits, become a vegetarian is the first step in my reborn.

Well, I wanted to share with you my feelings as a vegetarian for 1 month, it's anything i know but I can already see the beneficial effects on me and I wanted to share it.

My next step is to ban cigarette of my life !

Reply, share, like : This is Internet =)
Jamel O
Jamel O

Back to top Go down

How vegetarism has changed my life !  Empty Re: How vegetarism has changed my life !

Post by Aurélie Leclerc Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:46 am

Well I'm actually vegetarian since a little bit less than 10years now... It's just because i don't like it and it always made me sick.
I don't understand at all why people want to become vegetarian or vegan. Sorry for those here who are !
I mean I know the poor conditions of some animals and I completely reject it but quitting eating meat is not a solution for me.
Why ? Because human being need meat ! This is because of meat we evoluated and we are still alive today ! As I don't eat meat I can tell it : it's not really good for your health. Every year I face huge deficiencies : iron (?), phosphorus, magnesium, vitamin... I’m very easily tired, sick or weak. So of course there are many way to replace meat but it's not as efficient for healt than meat...

What we need is to reduce meat consumption : this is important. We're too many people today on this planet so in an ideal world we should share and not produce more.
However things like reducing plastics or eating local are things that in my opinion are very important.
Let's be clear, this is my opinion, I don't condamn anyone who decide to go vegan or vegetarian just i think it's not necessary to go that far, reducing is enought.
Also we need to be careful with those dietary behaviour : it's ok for us cause we are adult and we stoped growing up but kids needs meat to develop themself properly (same things for pet ok : a dog shouldn't go vegan for fox sake !).

Also I think eating should be a pleasure so if you like beer : go ahead ! if you like fast food : go ahead ! if you like steack : go ahead ! Just the important thing is to have a balanced diet and keeping excess for special occasions  Smile   I’m sure that human being can moderate himself  Wink  
What do you guys think ?

However Jamel, this decision seems to please and suit you so for that I want to encourage you [thumbs up !]

Aurélie Leclerc

Back to top Go down

How vegetarism has changed my life !  Empty Re: How vegetarism has changed my life !

Post by Manon Lopez Thu Dec 01, 2016 10:01 am

It's the first time that I see a vegetarian saying that. I fully agree with you Aurélie ! I'm not vegetarian because I think it is important to eat different types of food, but only "good" food: Which comes from a respectful producer of its animals and not from an industry that kills animals without serious concern about the health of animals and (sometimes) the sanitary conditions imposed

Manon Lopez

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Px Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:54 am

Wow what a good topic ! It's very interesting to have this two point of view : the eater meat who wants to stop eating meat, and the vegetarian who wants to eat meat !
I am trying to eat less and less meat since few years, because it's not good for health to eat too much this kind of food, and on the market there is so much bad quality AND expensive meat...

I encourage you Jamel and I am proud of you ! Especially for the cigarette : I think there is no debate on this topic, cigarette can not bring you something good ! Wink

Manon Px

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloïse B Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:12 pm

I'm so proud of you Jamel !! Congrats, you're doing great ! As everybody certainly knows I'm a vegan, I've been officially a vegan for almost a year and I was a vegetarian for 8 years before turning vegan. I made this choice of not eating animals when I was 13, because I didn't want in my plate something that had had a life, feelings and that had suffered to get there. Veganism is a bit different, but I do it for animals' sake too. I think you made a great decision and you have all my support ! I'm glad you're happy about it !

Eloïse B

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:27 pm

Firstly I'd like to say that I think it's a good choice Jamal, you have looked healthier and happier over the last few weeks and your choice has to be a major reason for that.

IMO going veggie is an intellectual decision and if you do it because you believe you should - for whatever reason - you will feel better mentally and physically as long as you take care to consume all of the vitamins and minerals that your body requires.

I like eating meat but over the last 10 years I've reduced and refined my consumption of meat. When I was younger I couldn't imagine a meal without meat, now less than half of my meals contain meat. In the past I ate a lot of Beef nowadays I eat only a little meat and prefer the tasty (fatty) meats like Lamb (Mutton) and duck. The difference for me is that I eat a lot more vegetables and particularly fruit. A lot of Bananas (high in magnesium for example), mango, pineapple.

I guess the main reason for my change of eating habits is that my wife eats very little meat and at my stage of life it's easy to put on weight with only a little food. By eating less I maintain my weight at a level which is not bad for my blood pressure and health in general. I've learned to enjoy eating vegetables much more and the combination of spices and herbs makes even the more bland vegetables tasty.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Eloïse B Thu Dec 01, 2016 12:53 pm

Yay for the spices and herbs ! Very Happy
And it's true Jamel, I've noticed a difference in you too !

Eloïse B

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Dec 01, 2016 6:53 pm

Eloïse B wrote:Yay for the spices and herbs ! Very Happy
And it's true Jamel, I've noticed a difference in you too !

Be careful Jamel, be very careful. Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Anaël Maublanc Sat Dec 03, 2016 2:14 pm

Manon Lopez wrote:It's the first time that I see a vegetarian saying that. I fully agree with you Aurélie ! I'm not vegetarian because I think it is important to eat different types of food, but only "good" food: Which comes from a respectful producer of its animals and not from an industry that kills animals without serious concern about the health of animals and (sometimes) the sanitary conditions imposed

I agree with Aurélie and also with you Manon, it's important to distinguish staple foods because our organsim need to have specific food (vegetables, fruits, proteins and so one) to stay in good health without have deficiency but the most difficult is to be sure animals have been killed on a respectful process. In fact Marketing loves to sell us dreams but it's often impossible to know if their communication is true.

Anaël Maublanc

Back to top Go down

Post by marinealbertpieri Thu Dec 08, 2016 11:08 am

Jamel (and the others) i really recommended you the book "Eat - Chroniques d'un fauve dans la jungle alimentaire".
This book helped me to see more clearly the importance of controlling what we eat.
I was able to find a lot of information about the animal condition and what is very interesting is that the book deals with what we face in our daily in france, so things are very concrete.
And most importantly, this book helped me to have concrete arguments to explain this choice to my family, who did not understand me at all.
of late, I have eaten meat, I'm not proud of it at all but I will correct it.

marinealbertpieri

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down