UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why you didn't get to go in the forum and What you did instead

3 posters

Go down

Why you didn't get to go in the forum and What you did instead Empty Why you didn't get to go in the forum and What you did instead

Post by Madagascan Lorriane Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:20 am

Hi John and everyone,

Actually, I don't really have any excuse for not coming here often (so I'll do my best in the future) but I had many opportunities to practice and study English. I am reading tones of books in English. Right now I am reading this book named "The woman who went to bed for a year" written by Sue Townsend.
It's a really funny book. From the begining till the end (though I didn't reach the end yet Smile ) I bursted of laughter and even had tears. I am in the middle of it right now and it is beyond my expectation.

The book talks about a married woman whose life was wasted. She married a quite borring man who had an affair. She dedicated her life to please her step mother even though the latter is an awfull woman. Her mom always attemped to sabotage her mariage. And now that her twins children left home, she found it as an occasion to f*** the world and stay in her bed for a year.
Everything turns around the events she lived and how she went through some hardships and stuff. But how the author describe it is so funny that it will make your belly ache !

If you have any books to recommend tell me !

Madagascan Lorriane

Birthday : 1992-04-27

Back to top Go down

Why you didn't get to go in the forum and What you did instead Empty Re: Why you didn't get to go in the forum and What you did instead

Post by Admin Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:33 pm

Madagascan Lorriane wrote:Hi John and everyone,

Actually, I don't really have any excuse for not coming here often (so I'll do my best in the future) but I had many opportunities to practice and study English. I am reading tones of books in English. Right now I am reading this book named "The woman who went to bed for a year" written by Sue Townsend.
It's a really funny book. From the begining till the end (though I didn't reach the end yet Smile ) I bursted of laughter and even had tears. I am in the middle of it right now and it is beyond my expectation.

The book talks about a married woman whose life was wasted. She married a quite borring man who had an affair. She dedicated her life to please her step mother even though the latter is an awfull woman. Her mom always attemped to sabotage her mariage. And now that her twins children left home, she found it as an occasion to f*** the world and stay in her bed for a year.
Everything turns around the events she lived and how she went through some hardships and stuff. But how the author describe it is so funny that it will make your belly ache !

Sue Townsend was born (and died) in Leicester. She was most famous for her books about "Adrian Mole" who wrote diaries from the time when I was a young person.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Why you didn't get to go in the forum and What you did instead Empty Re: Why you didn't get to go in the forum and What you did instead

Post by Madagascan Lorriane Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:34 pm

Admin wrote:
Madagascan Lorriane wrote:Hi John and everyone,

Sue Townsend was born (and died) in Leicester. She was most famous for her books about "Adrian Mole" who wrote diaries from the time when I was a young person.

Really ? i didn't know ! But i bet she made laughed numerous of people with this book Smile

Madagascan Lorriane

Birthday : 1992-04-27

Back to top Go down

Post by Yara Bassil Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:39 pm

I HAVE A LIFE other than the forum Smile

Yara Bassil

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Jan 16, 2017 4:38 pm

Yara Bassil wrote:I HAVE A LIFE other than the forum Smile

I don't. Crying or Very sad
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Yara Bassil Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:01 pm

Admin wrote:
Yara Bassil wrote:I HAVE A LIFE other than the forum Smile

I don't. Crying or Very sad

Poor thing

Yara Bassil

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down