UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

When Will Robots Deserve Human Rights?

+6
florian A.
Julien Platard
MU Jiejie
Charlotte ILIOU
Bertin pauline
Angélique
10 posters

Go down

When Will Robots Deserve Human Rights? Empty When Will Robots Deserve Human Rights?

Post by Angélique Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:48 pm

Hello everybody ! I hope you are well ?  Very Happy My topic is for everybody (Children and Pack).

This morning, I found a very interesting article on the future of human robots. It's long but If you have time, read it !  study  study  study
https://gizmodo.com/when-will-robots-deserve-human-rights-1794599063

And for the lazy  Sleep , there are an article in french. I post both, so everyone can debate !  
http://www.lepoint.fr/chroniqueurs-du-point/laurence-neuer/alain-bensoussan-il-faut-construire-un-droit-specifique-aux-robots-20-11-2017-2173686_56.php

I talked about this topic during my internship because I read a lot of articles about marketing automation, artificial intelligence...
So, What do you think about that ? Do you think it's a good things to grant rights of humans robots ?

For my part, I'm mixed. Robots are not humans, they have no moral. They don't feel any emotions. For me robots are one thing, not a person. And I find it's difficult to give rights to this "things" who are not conscious of existing. Robots do a lot of things but they can not replace a human on some things, On moral decisions.

Read this other article about this artificial intelligence : A Japanese agency has designed an AI capable of thinking like a creative director ! It's amazing...  affraid  http://www.businessinsider.fr/agence-publicit%C3%A9-McCann-japon-intelligence-artificielle-isba

So, what's your point of you about this topic ?

Angélique
Angélique

Back to top Go down

When Will Robots Deserve Human Rights? Empty Re: When Will Robots Deserve Human Rights?

Post by Bertin pauline Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:49 pm

Angelique, it's a very interesting subject. I didn't know robotization that way. I congratulate you for sharing these articles. I learned a lot of things.
For me, it allowed advancement in medicine or in technology. This is a point that I find very important. Some people can walk, see colors or other things through robotization. For companies it's also an advantage because it allows a speed of work and more slavery of employees.
On the articles you gave, I think it's a frightening phenomenon. As you say, a robot can't think and it's not a human. One of the articles speaks of responsibility. It's true that we can ask ourselves if the actions of the robot are his own decision or that of the one who programs it. That's why I'm against assigning rights to these robots. For the moment I don't understand why they are created like that. Moreover, the robot imitates the face and the body of a human, it's a pleasure to see that we want to integrate them into our society.
I think our society is evolving a bit too haha ​​For now I don't understand why we need to create robots and consider them as humans.
Maybe with a little more time or evolution I would change my mind ...

Bertin pauline

Back to top Go down

When Will Robots Deserve Human Rights? Empty Re: When Will Robots Deserve Human Rights?

Post by Angélique Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:06 am

Bertin pauline wrote:Angelique, it's a very interesting subject. I didn't know robotization that way. I congratulate you for sharing these articles. I learned a lot of things.
For me, it allowed advancement in medicine or in technology. This is a point that I find very important. Some people can walk, see colors or other things through robotization. For companies it's also an advantage because it allows a speed of work and more slavery of employees.
On the articles you gave, I think it's a frightening phenomenon. As you say, a robot can't think and it's not a human. One of the articles speaks of responsibility. It's true that we can ask ourselves if the actions of the robot are his own decision or that of the one who programs it. That's why I'm against assigning rights to these robots. For the moment I don't understand why they are created like that. Moreover, the robot imitates the face and the body of a human, it's a pleasure to see that we want to integrate them into our society.
I think our society is evolving a bit too haha ​​For now I don't understand why we need to create robots and consider them as humans.
Maybe with a little more time or evolution I would change my mind ...

I'm happy you learned things! I also find that it's a very interesting subject. I agree with you on the medicine side. Today there are artificial hearts, It's totally crazy ! On the business side, it's the same. This saves time. Today, chatbots are used a lot ! Chatbots are people who talk on business pages. You think of talking to a human, but no, it's a robot ! There are lots of interesting articles about chatbots. We can talk about the hours of this robotization. I find it's scary. I think in the future, robots will be take a big part of our daily lives.
Angélique
Angélique

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte ILIOU Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:21 pm

I already heard about this subject and I think that is crasy. I'm not an engineer, and I can't understand how they can make a robot who talk and be like a human !

It is the futur but I think we will always need human to work in a company and I hope because otherwise where we can work if there are only robots in a company.

Finally, have robots in a company is a good idea for specific job with difficult tasks because sometimes some tasks aare too complicated for human.

Charlotte ILIOU

Back to top Go down

Post by MU Jiejie Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:10 pm

I always think technologies can bring us a lot of convenient and advantages, like a cleaner robot. BUT, when I read the article and found that a robot became an official resident, I'm afraid. I can't imagine I would work with a robot-human in the future or find that a new friend I meet is a robot....It's crazy!

MU Jiejie

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Platard Wed Nov 22, 2017 3:28 pm

One day, Cats will dominate the world by standing up on 2 feets. We will be in the real mess, as robotization unfortunatly. We have to burn them all and live with dogs forever !
Julien Platard
Julien Platard

Back to top Go down

Post by florian A. Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:46 pm

Julien Platard wrote:One day, Cats will dominate the world by standing up on 2 feets. We will be in the real mess, as robotization unfortunatly. We have to burn them all and live with dogs forever !  

No panda will dominate the world ! Panda is the best animal Very Happy They are so funny, give them just one slope and they can have fun! Give them one tree and they are funny. And no one think they can be evil so they will surprise us Twisted Evil

florian A.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angélique Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:42 pm

florian A. wrote:
Julien Platard wrote:One day, Cats will dominate the world by standing up on 2 feets. We will be in the real mess, as robotization unfortunatly. We have to burn them all and live with dogs forever !  

No panda will dominate the world ! Panda is the best animal Very Happy They are so funny, give them just one slope and they can have fun! Give them one tree and they are funny. And no one think they can be evil so they will surprise us Twisted Evil

Panda, cat, dog ... This is not the subject of the discussion !!! I try to suggest a topic and you don't take it seriously ..
Angélique
Angélique

Back to top Go down

Post by Ekrem.K Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:52 pm

It's a very interesting subject Angélique !
As you say Pauline, a robot can be very usefull in a lot of domain like medical or military. I think that it can be good as long as they have an algorithm, we can manage and control them, They haven't got a brain or capacity of thinking. But at the moment where they have this capacity, they are not really different than a human and maybe better because they can't feel emotions.
So, humans developing robotics, doesn't he destroy his own existence step by step ?

Ekrem.K

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Lecesne Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:03 pm

"We can manage and control them", that's not so sure !
I have read some very serious articles, talking about some Google AI, two at least (Alice and Bob), who where communicating together, ok not really shocking so far BUT !
The two AI created their own language, and they are speaking to each other and the Google guys can't translate their 'conversation' ! They don't know what the two AI are talking about... And the two AI even crypted their conversation so the Google guys can never know what all the 'conversation' is about.
This is really scary.. So, robots will dominate the world soon, definitely.
Aurélie Lecesne
Aurélie Lecesne

Back to top Go down

Post by Flora Taldir Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:09 pm

About human right and robot. There is a good series about it that was on arte a couple years ago. We are not here yet, but soon we will be. Indeed i got a friend in Phd that is making studies about the artificial intelligence. He constructed a robot that can think buy is own !
You can ask him some question, and ask him how he fill today. It's really impressive.
Quiet weird i will say, but soon some robot with artificial intelligent are going to take place in our home.
Flora Taldir
Flora Taldir

Back to top Go down

Post by Angélique Thu Nov 23, 2017 5:16 pm

Aurélie Lecesne wrote:"We can manage and control them", that's not so sure !
I have read some very serious articles, talking about some Google AI, two at least (Alice and Bob), who where communicating together, ok not really shocking so far BUT !
The two AI created their own language, and they are speaking to each other and the Google guys can't translate their 'conversation' ! They don't know what the two AI are talking about... And the two AI even crypted their conversation so the Google guys can never know what all the 'conversation' is about.
This is really scary.. So, robots will dominate the world soon, definitely.

Oh affraid Your comment is scary! I did'nt know that ! It's a recent article ? I would like to read it ! If it's true, it's very inquietant. And like you said, robots will dominate the world soon, definitely. I find that we don't talk enough about this subject, but this is our future. Robots are democratizing. If they can create a language, they can do a lot of things. In the end, we will not be able to control them anymore. It's totally crazy because it's the human who created robots ! He must be able to controle it...
Angélique
Angélique

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Lecesne Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:45 pm

I think it's been a year already !
So maybe they are already among us or planning their world domination ! Wink

It's like the movie Ex Machina (well, we can think of a lot of movies about that ahah). It's a great movie, I recommend it, and in the movie, without spoiling it, the humans are so sure they are superior to the AI (so a human way of thinking) they are not suspicious at all, and the robots are learning very fast, and are very clever.... And I let you guess the rest ^^
Aurélie Lecesne
Aurélie Lecesne

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Platard Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:52 pm

I have a theory, like you said, it is call "Human Rights", so, in my opinion, Human rights are for ... Human ? lol!
Julien Platard
Julien Platard

Back to top Go down

Post by LORCA Maxime Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:49 pm

Technologically, we live in a period where everything is going too fast. We do not even have time to familiarize ourselves with the new technologies that we must already try to understand the next. And i think that in a few decades we will arrive at a time when robots will have a great artificial intelligence, and so it would not surprise me that given the human stupidity that we grant them rights. Sad

LORCA Maxime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down