UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Discussion 4 - Halloween and Scary stories

+11
Ttouan Peyraud
Pierre Mazeau
Charlotte Denis
axel plainaud
Benjamin BACARIA
sroesler
Antoine PERAUD
Paul Bressy
Marcuccini Luigi
Matteo bello
Admin
15 posters

Go down

Discussion 4 -  Halloween and Scary stories Empty Discussion 4 - Halloween and Scary stories

Post by Admin Tue Oct 23, 2018 12:23 pm

Discussion 4 -  Halloween and Scary stories Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRq5A3Jkgl2MfZulyHDYHDPE0vpFn5LlIg2_lsKFpL-ioJEdW6s

Discussion 4 -  Halloween and Scary stories Image?url=https%3A%2F%2F1428elm.com%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F04%2FHalloween-Art-1-MM-in-street
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Discussion 4 -  Halloween and Scary stories Empty Re: Discussion 4 - Halloween and Scary stories

Post by Matteo bello Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:01 pm

A girl who was saving for the university begins to monitor a neighbor's house in exchange for compensation. The neighbor, a doctor, asks him to arrive at 7 pm
An hour after arriving home, she receives a phone call. The man on the phone tells him that if she does not leave the house, he will kill her. She hangs up and looks on the display, but the person who is calling uses a private line.
30 minutes later, another call:
"If you do not go out of the house soon, I'll kill you," said the hoarse man at the end of the line.
The girl hangs up and calls the operator. The latter suggests keeping the man online for about a minute so that she can trace the call.
The man recalls after 30 minutes and the guardian manages to keep him online. He tells her to get out of the house now or he will kill her. The operator calls back immediately to summon the student to leave the house as soon as possible.
The call comes from the second line of the house, the second floor. The murderer is in the house ...

Hoping to scare you Wink

Matteo bello

Back to top Go down

Discussion 4 -  Halloween and Scary stories Empty Re: Discussion 4 - Halloween and Scary stories

Post by Marcuccini Luigi Sun Nov 11, 2018 3:10 pm

It is the story of a babysitter who is responsible of two little boys in a huge house surrounded by a forest. It is late, the boys have been in bed for a long time and the parents are still not coming.
Then the phone rings. A man's grim voice is heard: "Why didn't you come to see the children?" Saying that this must have been a bad joke, the babysitter doesn't take it into consideration...
After 15 minutes, the phone rings again. The same voice is heard: "Why didn't you come to see the children?" The babysitter is starting to get scared but still doesn't take it into consideration....
10 minutes later, the phone rings again: "Why didn't you come to see the children?" Panicked, she called the operator and asked her to trace the call....
After three minutes, the operator called her back, telling her that the call had been located on the second line of the house. Terrified, the girl runs away and at the same night, when the police arrived on the scene, they found the two children gutted and mutilated....

Marcuccini Luigi

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Bressy Sun Nov 11, 2018 6:31 pm

I will talk about why the pumpkin represent Halloween. At the beginning,in Ireland, Jack O'Lantern was condamned by the Devil to stay between the hell and heaven. But Jack ask for his last favor a coals and he put it into a turnip to use it like a lantern. And Jack reappear each years the days of his death. Then, the pumpkin was chosen because it's wider and easier to dig it. It orange colour stake in its success.

Paul Bressy

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine PERAUD Sun Nov 11, 2018 7:08 pm

To make someone scared, we don't have to create a big scary movie or anything else. We just have to create a strange sensation. It's possible just with one or two sentences, like these:
-"I put my daughter to bed when she said," Daddy, look at the monsters under my bed. "Amused, I bent over to take a look and saw her under the bed, shuddering, telling me : "Dad, there's someone in my bed."
-"I often catch my cat staring at me mysteriously, then I realize he is actually looking behind me ..."
We can see that in scary movies, they used many sentences like these.

Antoine PERAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by sroesler Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:36 pm

Halloween in Asia

Halloween is almost celebrated worldwide. But in Asia, this celebration is less important than in Europe or in the U.S. However, in Asia there are other celebrations which are nearly similar than Halloween in terms of popularity. For example, in Taïwan they celebrate the « lantern festival ». It’s a happier celebration than Halloween because Halloween is in link with fear and the murning whereas the « lantern festival » concludes the many new year chinese festivities. Moreover, in China, they used to glorify the « ghosts celebration », to honor their ancestors.

sroesler

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin BACARIA Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:21 pm

A story of horror keeps us in suspense until the fall but some prefer to go straight to the point, it is the case of certain sentences which in a few moments can cause in the spectator feelings of fear.
For example: "there is nothing more adorable than the laughter of a baby except when you are at home, it is 1 am and you have no children."

Benjamin BACARIA

Back to top Go down

Post by axel plainaud Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:47 pm

Halloween is a traditional Anglo-Saxon folk and pagan festival celebrated on the evening of October 31st, the eve of the Christian All Saints Day
Jack-o'-lantern is probably the most popular character associated with Halloween. Jack would have chased the devil for five years
When Jack dies, entrance to paradise is denied, and the devil also refuses to let him enter hell. Jack managed to convince the devil to give him a piece of hot coal to light his way in the dark. He places the charcoal in a turnip dug as a lantern and is condemned to wander aimlessly until the day of the last judgment. He is then named Jack of the Lantern. He reappears each year, the day of his death, on Halloween.

axel plainaud

Back to top Go down

Discussion 4 -  Halloween and Scary stories Empty scary stories

Post by Charlotte Denis Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:31 pm

the legend of bloody mary:
The origins of this legend remain very vague and that's what makes it one of the most told stories on Halloween. Indeed, some say that the young woman dressed in bloody white clothes was a pretty young woman ready to marry the man of her life, before being disfigured in an accident. Rejected by her future husband, she gave herself death and appeared every time a young woman ventured to call her. To make bloody mary appear You must find yourself in a bathroom with a single candle lit and a mirror where you can see your reflection. Then you need to pronounce the name of bloody mary ( turning on yourself), 3 times . At the end wait a few moments. If Bloody Mary heard you, she'll appear in the mirror. Just behind you.

Charlotte Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Mazeau Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:15 pm

Okay, the storys that I will tell you are shorts, look like a joke, but when they are shorts, they are the best.
This is from real facts : "I woke up last night because I heard someone or something hitting. I thought it came from the window but it came from the mirror ..."

"My wife woke me up last night and told me that there was an intruder in the house. She died two years ago. "

Goosebumps...

Pierre Mazeau

Back to top Go down

Post by Ttouan Peyraud Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:14 pm

Halloween is a day un a year for scare to people but now is a comercial day or an excuse for see his friends and throw a party . When I was a kid it was only for eat lot of candy . I am worried when there Halloween because alls scary stories what we have seen can become reality with a bad joke by people or with psychopathes who still exist.

Ttouan Peyraud

Back to top Go down

Discussion 4 -  Halloween and Scary stories Empty Pumpkin pie recipie

Post by Mathilde Guillaume Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:18 pm

For me, pumpkin pie is the true staple of Halloween. Delicious pumpkin filling is surrounded by a buttery flaky crust and baked until warm and golden. Serve it with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream !
It is easy to make ! A simple custard mixture is combined with pumpkin and poured into a crust to bake.
-Line a pie plate with a pie crust and add a sprinkle of flour and sugar.
-Combine your filling ingredients and stir.
-Pour into prepared crust.
-Bake and cool. Enjoy your meal !

Mathilde Guillaume

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxime Bachelier Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:24 am

Halloween is a celebration dedicated to remembering the dead on 31 October. The main references on this celebration are the trick-or-treating, the jack o'lanterns, lighting bonfires and the fact of telling scary stories. Halloween's significance is the First day of Allhallowtide, a triduum of 3 days which the church celebrate the passion, the dead and the resurrection of Jesus.

Maxime Bachelier

Back to top Go down

Post by Enzo Bourgeaux Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:22 am

First of all, I'd like to break the myth and say that Halloween didn't come from USA. Indeed, it's at the base a Celtic celebration which first appeared there are 3000 years. Then, this tradition developed itself all around the world. Nowadays, a lots of horror movies aree inspired of this tradition. The one which marked me the most is the "American Nightmare". If somebody didn't see it, It's the one that you should see.

Enzo Bourgeaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Benjamin Christie Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:18 pm

Halloween is a Celtic celebration. at the 31 november we start to dress up into monster, witches or ghost ... at the night. After that, we ring on a house to ask some candy. For the teenagers its another story, they are regrouping on a room without lighting but just a candle. each his turn, they are telling an scary story and try to make someone scared...

Benjamin Christie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum