UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free course - The meaning of home (Badr)

4 posters

Go down

Free course - The meaning of home (Badr) Empty Free course - The meaning of home (Badr)

Post by b.ettoumi Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:54 pm

The Meaning of home

People often struggle to define home or explain its meaning, but when they do, they describe it as a place where they feel safe, comfortable, happy…and throughout the course we talk about - feeling at home - or feelings we – feel - (whether good or bad ) at home, that’s why, to me, it would be much easier to define home if we considered it a feeling rather than a place, because deep down you can feel home no matter where you are, permanently or for a specific period.
I think we only get attached to a place because humans are nostalgic by nature, and that we well get attached to anything that makes us feel good.
b.ettoumi
b.ettoumi

Back to top Go down

Free course - The meaning of home (Badr) Empty Re: Free course - The meaning of home (Badr)

Post by Admin Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:09 pm

Good point.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Free course - The meaning of home (Badr) Empty Re: Free course - The meaning of home (Badr)

Post by Yvanilde Panont Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:44 pm

Hello Badr,

I totally agree with you.
Thank you for sharing... A different topic in this forum... You should post more Badr ! Smile
Yvanilde Panont
Yvanilde Panont

Birthday : 1993-11-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Nolwenn Lautredou Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:41 pm

Hi Badr,

You chose a beautiful subject !

Elvis Presley said :
For home is where the heart is
And my heart is anywhere you are
Anywhere you are is home

And I pretty agree with that idea. Home is a feeling and it is also related to people around us.

It remembers me my Erasmus experience in Spain. I shared a flat with two guys that I didn't know before arriving and at the end of my stay I considered them as brothers. I was far from my French home and my family as them so we recreated our Spanish home. Sometimes I moved around Spain for tourism and after few days travelling I was happy to come back home. My new home and my home during 5 months where I felt good and comfortable.
Nolwenn Lautredou
Nolwenn Lautredou

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:46 am

"Home is where the heart is" pliny the Elder 50AD
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down