UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 semester 2 - Yellow Jackets and democracy

+22
Doriant
Louis-Patxi MOREAU
Pierrick
djibril17
barbotinpaul
sriffa01
grammont.theo
GERON Eva
LE GUILLOU--NADER Colleen
Gaëtan Debien
bisserier
Maxime Pct
Charlie vieira
Corentin roger
Zachary Digeos
Ugo
Thibaud Lelong
Yann BENOIST
KATARINA BALLE
EMMA BARON
julien blay
Admin
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 2 semester 2 - Yellow Jackets and democracy Empty Week 2 semester 2 - Yellow Jackets and democracy

Post by Admin Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:17 pm

A more serious topic this week.

I want you to discuss the yellow Jackets (gilets jaune) and the governments actions over the last few weeks. Do you think that demonstrating is a good way to make a point? I also want you to give your views on elections in France (and the world). Will you vote at the next election? Will you research the views of politicians? What do you think of Politicians? How can the system be improved? And anything else you want to say. Make an effort.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 2 semester 2 - Yellow Jackets and democracy Empty Re: Week 2 semester 2 - Yellow Jackets and democracy

Post by julien blay Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:17 pm

First, I think the yellow jackets are a very good way to react to the government's actions with the mobilization of millions of people. The French doesn't agree with the operations of the government. However, the acts of "thugs" are unacceptable.
For me, the Presidents always promise good things that they never respect during their years at the head of our country. But yes, I will vote, because the French fought for our country.
The political system can be improved if the president listens to his people.

julien blay

Back to top Go down

Week 2 semester 2 - Yellow Jackets and democracy Empty Re: Week 2 semester 2 - Yellow Jackets and democracy

Post by EMMA BARON Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:16 pm

To me the yellow Jackets had reason to react to the purchasing power, the government raises the price of each thing while we know that there are still a lot of people in the popular and middle class.
But this has been going on for quite some time now, they should stop and think of other ways to make the government understand their point of view. Yes I will vote in the next election because it is important for me to say what I think, to put my ideas forward. it is a right offered to the French, we must honour it.

EMMA BARON

Back to top Go down

Post by KATARINA BALLE Thu Jan 17, 2019 12:52 pm

Hello John,
I agree with the demonstrations of yellow vests, because it is the only solution for the President of the Republic to listen to the demands of the people. I think the peaceful demonstration is a good way to change France, but the protesters called "breaker", do not advance the situation and they cause a lot of anger... Evil or Very Mad

KATARINA BALLE

Back to top Go down

Post by Yann BENOIST Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:17 pm

For me, yellow jacket is a good initiative but i'm not agree with their methods, block trafics circles is not a good solution, politics don't use our street and road, for we they should to block politics building like l'Elysée. Moreover, the breaker are just stupid, I'm agree with policemen, we need to catch them and put in jail, because you and me will pay to repair things. To finish, i think, the president should do more referendum before vote a law

Yann BENOIST

Back to top Go down

Post by Thibaud Lelong Sat Jan 19, 2019 11:12 am

I think than yellow jackets is a good way to react in front of the government and all taxes than he puts since the last presindential elections. THey do good actions butthey are peoples called breakers who give a bad look of the simple protesters and break all on their path that will increase taxes because of reparations. I thinh than the politicians should be honest and respect their promises. So today the president should be more close of the people to listen and understand them and also do more referendum before some laws.

Thibaud Lelong

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:00 pm

I think yellow jackets is a good initiative but their methods are bad. If you want to protest against the government, you don't block the road or things like that, because the government doesn't care. If you want to protest against him, you block the bank, the town hall, the assurance... And I don't think the system can be improved, they will always be unhappy people, whatever you do.

Ugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Zachary Digeos Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:28 pm

So, i don't care about the yellow jacket because i think that's very absurde. at the start this was a good mouvement but now it's spend too much time and it's time to stop it because that's will be ridiculous

Zachary Digeos

Back to top Go down

Post by Corentin roger Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:56 pm

For me, the demonstration of yellow vests is an interesting movement since they are there to represent the will of the people and thus to show the government its discontent. However, since the first Saturday of regrouping and demonstrations we have noticed that breakers were passed for yellow vests to sell and degrade the public links. I agree on the principle and the foundations of yellow vests but I deplore the action of the thugs because it shows a bad image of France to other countries and to his own government that deludes its own citizens ignoring their claim

Corentin roger

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie vieira Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:50 am

The "Yellow jacket" is the name given to the citizen-originated movement of protest against the rise in fuel taxes. For me this movement is a good idea to make their anger heard but their action is sometimes limited, as by Exampel the blockade of roads and with a lot of violence. I still agree with the yellow vests and therefore against the increase in fuel.

Charlie vieira

Back to top Go down

Post by Maxime Pct Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:59 am

I think that the event that has been developing for several weeks now is useful for communicating our demands to the government, whether it is for the increase of certain wages, the price of petrol, which is increasing year by year. However the rallies caused several violence and breaks that have no place in demonstrations because businesses are affected. Many people live from their store to feed themselves ... But they have to close because they have nothing left.

Maxime Pct

Birthday : 1999-07-27

Back to top Go down

Post by bisserier Mon Jan 21, 2019 12:47 pm

For me the movement of yellow jacket and important vests because it shows that we can get to what thing if we are several to want to do it. that’s how we got lots of other things with May 68

bisserier

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëtan Debien Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:23 pm

The movement "Yellow Jacket" allowed to gather the citizens against politicians. It's a good thing because the population has given its opinion. However, certain acts were dangerous without a security: this discredits the action.

Gaëtan Debien

Back to top Go down

Post by LE GUILLOU--NADER Colleen Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:29 pm

The movement of yellow jacket is a movement of manifestation. But lately, they have been protesting for too long and they block traffic while drivers have not asked for anything. They block the econimy of traders and the ease of life for others. The president granted what they asked for and they are still not happy.

LE GUILLOU--NADER Colleen

Back to top Go down

Post by GERON Eva Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:40 pm

The movement of "yellow vests" is a movement of angry people. This movement was created to make our governors understand that many things needed to be improved and changed. I think it's a good idea to get mobilized and get together to be heard because even if there are very few things that will change it will be an improvement and it will be thanks to them.

GERON Eva

Back to top Go down

Post by grammont.theo Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:44 pm

For me the movement of yellow jacket is a good idea to denounce their disagreement because it is important to show that the people do not necessarily agree with the actions of the government.
But I do not totally agree with their sometimes too violent methods as we can see on TV, it is necessary that it remains demonstrations without putting the lives of others in danger, break ...

grammont.theo

Back to top Go down

Post by sriffa01 Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:47 pm

About me the movements of "yellow vests" is a very important so that things change but the way they do it is not appropriate to the situation. They keep the wrong people from working. If they really want to attack the government, they should block factories, gas stations ...
In a futur we will have to vote for us and stop giving the rich a president for them.

sriffa01

Back to top Go down

Post by barbotinpaul Mon Jan 21, 2019 1:52 pm

The movement od yellow jackets it's a action against the gouvernment of E.Macron. But teh movement is a rebelion but the movement has not action against gouvernment but it's the people who is angry against yellow jackets because they blocked. But this mouvement is stupid because this yellow jacket have no idea of policy even is tere injustice.

barbotinpaul

Back to top Go down

Post by djibril17 Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:16 pm

My opinion about the yellow jacket is mixed. Indeed i think that the movement of yellow jacket start from a good idea but it turns into something bad. There are a lot of people that wear yellow jacket without knowing the principal idea of this movement. Some people are hire only for break everything and for the conflict.

djibril17

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierrick Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:20 pm

yellow jackets it's a subject with lot of opiniun i not agry with a big part of them because they don't do the good things for the amelioration of this country. their action on the roudabout i think is rellay stupid because they prevent lot of french to work while they don't have money and the mojority don't realy now why their are here. then they all went the demission of Macron but i think is stupi to because the problem don't become with him he was present before sinse a lot years the president don't have the time to put this politic in action french are scared about change that make me crazy. When I will can vote i will take my right because i don't want an extremist in power it starts to become really tense in world with all the country with extremist people.

Pierrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis-Patxi MOREAU Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:23 pm

In my opinion, i think that manifestations organised by yellows jacket is a good things to denounce laws establishment by gouvernment and by president Macron. But there are negative point of manifestations, it's violence between yellows jackets and police. This violence has already caused death of some peoples and injured other people. The problem is that yellows jackets are so angry of president that it's going to be complicated to find solutions.

Louis-Patxi MOREAU

Back to top Go down

Post by Doriant Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:56 pm

Yellow Jackets are a move against all the reform that the government propose and vote without the opinion of the pepole. Thereby some angry pepole say that our democracy is a dictature, and every yellow jackets wants to make fall the governement.

Last edited by Doriant on Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total

Doriant

Back to top Go down

Post by thibault maret Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:07 pm

I think, at the begginig, yellow jackets was a great mouvement, because, in our country it's legal to protest against the higher price of gasoline. But now, the movement have lost sense for me, because there too much violence and claim. All the yellow jackets are not the same, and this is the problem, today the media shows only the violent, and not the peaceful, the real yellow jackets
For the election, i think it's the best form to choice a personn who will lead our nation. But, for me, the "white vote" must be count. Because too much people vote for a personn to "bloqued" an other candidate. And if there is much "white vote" than the real candidate, an other electoral list will be create with other politiciens, with other ideas....
I think this revolt is not only due to Emmanuel Macron, I think it's a general fed up, it's an accumulation of a lot of thing. It's not because Emmanuel Macron set fire to the powder that it's his fault.

thibault maret

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoé Mongard Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:08 pm

For me, the yellow jackets have become more than a movement to give his opinion, we have reached a stage where yellow vests give the impression of being completely against the government without seeking solutions. Do not confuse the movement of yellow jackets with the rioters who hide in the demonstrations, and break or show violence. Most demonstrations are wounded, often serious .. The cities are destroyed, and the damage will be paid in the taxes of the entire population while some are not the same opinion as the yellow vests .. Even if Mr. Macron does take may not be the right decisions and should try to make changes, it is not through violence that we arrange things. In 1789 the French had attacked the Bastille, and in 2018-2019 the French settled on the roundabouts.

Zoé Mongard

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Perdriaud Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:25 pm

I think this movement is good because some families could not finish the months and Don't eat beacause they aren't money. It,s not normal for a middle-class family not to be able to finish these months. It's bad for this image of French people

Hugo Perdriaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next