UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~> Dance <~

2 posters

Go down

~> Dance <~ Empty ~> Dance <~

Post by Lucille Garelli Sun Feb 15, 2015 10:50 pm

Good evening everyone !

With the last post, I spoke about my mysterious sport (which is not really mysterious in fact) : Dance.
I practise it since I am six years old. It's basicly only contemporary dance but we have classic bases (to me it's a force having that, beacause the posture is complicated to get, and when you get it, you can really do lots of things in this discipline), some hip hop moves some times, we've done, with my "crew" lot's of experiences like aerial dance with harness, trapezes etc; afro dance, we had some lessons from an amercian choregrapher... We have an amateur company since 2011 which name is "Izumi" ("The spring" in japanese). We are 14 dancers, I'm the oldest dancer and the youngest is my sister (she's 13 years old, I am 19). I am, with the teacher's daugter (18 years old) the "pillars" of the company and much is expected from us : we have, in addition of all the choregraphies; solos, duos, we are in charge to create, to help the others etc) We often do dance presentations, the last one was for the Santa Claus arrival from the rooftop of the town hall of Angoulême. We had only 2 weeks to create a 40minutes show, it was hard but very interesting to do; It was a great experience ! During the summer we often do tours (in Charente, wooooooow !! Cool ) to show what we do and to initiate people (mostly children). The 14 dancers and the dance teacher work in partnership to create choregraphies and presentations, even if it's the teacher who has the last word of course.

If you're interested, I'll let you know when we'll dance for the next time; admission is always free !

See you next time and I wish you a good week !
Lucille Garelli
Lucille Garelli

Birthday : 1995-07-01

Back to top Go down

~> Dance <~ Empty Re: ~> Dance <~

Post by Admin Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:10 am

Would you like to teach Dance after University?

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucille Garelli Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:48 am

This was a posibility, I tought about it for a long time. It's true that I love to create choregraphies, to help the younger ones... I really enjoy it, but I don't think I'll be able to have enough imagination to spend my life creating ; to have always a new idea. I'm afraid to be discouraged, to go around in circles again; if I don't manage to be creative. And I have to say I love doing all this but I prefer by far dancing. I thing I would be frustrated if I was just teaching and not dancing anymore... I have to dance, that's an obligagtion !
Lucille Garelli
Lucille Garelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:54 am

I don't think creation would be a problem for you and I reckon you'd be a good dance teacher. Still as long as you like what you choose it's good.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucille Garelli Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:15 pm

Thank you, I'm very touched by what you said. No matter what I decide to do, I hope I'll be able to continue all what I did and what I'm still doing now concerning dance, even if it's not going to be my job, I want to practise it during my free time. I feel like for now, I couldn't do without it, it's a strong passion that I have.

Do you have or have you ever had a passion, whatever it is, like this ? As strong as you think about it all day long ? I'm not talking about sex, John ... clown
Lucille Garelli
Lucille Garelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:48 pm

Lucille Garelli wrote:Thank you, I'm very touched by what you said. No matter what I decide to do, I hope I'll be able to continue all what I did and what I'm still doing now concerning dance, even if it's not going to be my job, I want to practise it during my free time. I feel like for now, I couldn't do without it, it's a strong passion that I have.

Do you have or have you ever had a passion, whatever it is, like this ? As strong as you think about it all day long ? I'm not talking about sex, John ... clown

I used to sing and that took up a lot of my life when I was younger. I also loved sports but I don't think any of those I gave the same passion as you do to dance. Obviously as I got older my wife and my children became my passion I love you . Teaching I think about a lot but it's not something that I WANT to do in my free time No
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucille Garelli Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:50 pm

Yeaaaah ! What kind of song did you use to sing ? Do you still sing ? And what sports did you practise ?
Oh that's cute ^^
Haha, I understand, you are very brave to accept to give lessons for STAPS students...
Lucille Garelli
Lucille Garelli

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum