UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ted talks : Franz Freudenthal A new way to heal hearts without surgery

Go down

Ted talks : Franz Freudenthal A new way to heal hearts without surgery Empty Ted talks : Franz Freudenthal A new way to heal hearts without surgery

Post by Romain Guillerit Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:05 am

Hi!

I choose this topic cause when I was searching a video, I saw: A new way to heal hearts without surgery, this words pick my curiosity so I click and watch the video to learn more about the subject cause for me the heart is inside the body and he is the most important organ, so i can't imagine you can heal him without surgery.
This new method was created by Dr.Franz Freudenthal, for start the presentation this man use the more important sentence for the world: the most complex problem can be solved if you are able to dream. He expends his creativity through is grandmother, Dr. Ruth Tichauer, she was a refugee in the middle of the Andes, because she says creativity is the key to cross from dream to reality. He grew up with some indigenous communities so he learns to leave outside the city, a live without any barer. His grandmother improves him to saw beyond any limitation, she uses a poem from Kipling: "Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Mountains. Something lost behind the mountains. Lost and waiting for you. Go!". This poem say if you dream to something, you must go to find that because you can find that.
When he was a medical student he learns the fact of one of every hundred baby born with a heart disease and he know he can save this baby.
The problem start during the pregnancy cause the foetus need to survive in the mother, so he uses a communication between two blood (systemic and pulmonary), but at the birth this communication must stop, and some heart disease come from that, cause if this communication can't stop (cause from prematurity and genetics condition), a hole the heart is created. The only solution before was to use surgery. The only thing they know is the problem came from a lack of oxygen so the altitude increase the problem.
During one his expedition in Amazonia with one friend Dr.Franz Freudenthal saw only one thing who doesn't burn in fire a green avocado branch, this inspire they for a moment of inspiration. After this moment, he thinks the hole in children's hearts can be close by a coil (a wire wrapped onto itself), I don't understand how a branch become a coil but anyways. A very tiny catheter takes the coil to the heart then coil closes the hole.
After that they need to develop a prototype and for that they spend thousands of hours in labs since if coil works it can save life.
He develops a first coil with his wife Dr. Alexandra Heath, in Germany, they can treat patient so they felt enthusiastic. But when they came back in Bolivia only half of patients can be treat since their hole are more largest at 12 000 feet high in Bolivia than in Germany. So, he started to search again.
They find an unexpected solution cause they use the help of some grandmother’s friends which are indigenous. They call they stories for weaving complex pattern on looms. With this unexpected skill, they can create a new material that records shape. The coil is made of only one piece so he doesn’t rust. He can change by itself into different structure. They use the natural channel to put the coil in place.
After that the patient is totally treat. And the procedure need only 30 minutes.
They are inspired by their patients and patients convinced they to go through all obstacle they can meet during the development.
Now they try to be everywhere in every country for treat every child and without forget one child.

I think this man is an example cause his use his creativity to save other people, and he can inspire us to realize our dream cause if you want something you can get this.

If you want to see the video : https://www.ted.com/talks/franz_freudenthal_a_new_way_to_heal_hearts_without_surgery/transcript?language=en

Romain Guillerit

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum