UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 topic - The Olympic Games

+20
melvin migeon
Emma Gargot
Florent
GUEDES Anthony
Manon Devaud
Achille
emacquet
glorian nicolas
TREDAN Morane
Geoffrey Belon
Nathan Lavaud
Farchaud Hans
Maeva Faverjon
Léa Barraud
Renouard Mélys
Carteron Claire
maya.brochet
Quentin Carre
andré mannier
Admin
24 posters

Go down

Week 2 topic - The Olympic Games Empty Week 2 topic - The Olympic Games

Post by Admin Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:51 pm

This is the thread where you write anything you want concerning the Olympics. Don't bore me to death! No
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 2 topic - The Olympic Games Empty the Olympic Games

Post by andré mannier Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:11 pm

hello mr cox
the Olympic Games is a grouping of 35 disciplines involving about 13000 participants with 400 events. There are two types of Olympic Games: winter and summer. The next Olympic Games will take place in 2024 in Paris. Here is a table regrouping the different dates of the Olympic Games:
Week 2 topic - The Olympic Games Img-110

andré mannier

Back to top Go down

Week 2 topic - The Olympic Games Empty Re: Week 2 topic - The Olympic Games

Post by Quentin Carre Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:57 am

Hello mister, I think it’s a good thing for France because France will be the center of the world during on month. This event is very important for athletes because for some of them it’s a dream to become olympic champion. It’s a real opportunity, a chance for France because thanks to olympic games will win money but will also lose as well of the construction of stadiums. Olympic games will also create jobs. Furthermore these olympic games 2024 are an anniversary for France because one hundred years ago France welcomde the olympic games.

Quentin Carre

Back to top Go down

Week 2 topic - The Olympic Games Empty 2 week

Post by maya.brochet Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:49 pm

Hello sir ! The Olympic Games of 2024 will take place in Paris during the summer. The Olympics are a high-profile ceremony, bringing together thousands of viewers and millions of viewers. They therefore promote our country by boosting the economic and tourist attractiveness of Paris. The games will give rise to several new big infrastructures such as new homes or sports complexes. They also allow an increase in the sporting practice of the population. Have a good day !

maya.brochet

Back to top Go down

Post by Carteron Claire Wed Sep 20, 2017 4:02 pm

Hi Mister John,
Paris obtained officially on Septembre 13th 2017, the organization of Olympics 2024. I think that it's one very good news for France. JO go expensive coulter for France but not however expensively as the previous countries because we already possess infrastructures as the Eiffel Tower for the triathlon or still the palace of Versailles for the horse-riding or fields Elysée for the cycling.What of better than these magnificent surroundings for Olympics ?
Personally, I'm going to make every effort to take tickets to go to see JO from the opening of the box office in 2023.

Good Day mister Cox.

Carteron Claire

Back to top Go down

Post by Renouard Mélys Wed Sep 20, 2017 5:15 pm

Hello Mister, I'm going to speak about Olympic Games.
The first Olympic Games took place in -776 before JC. The Olympic Games take place every 4 years since always. It's a great event for me because it's about my passion. It's an event interesting because there are the best sportsmen who compete and also there are lots of sports presents during two weeks, 28 sports around. The last Olympic Games took place in Brazil, in Rio de Janeiro, the next Olympic Games will happen in Japan in Tokyo in 2020. My dream would be present at Olympic Games in Paris in 2024. It allows to see sports celbreties like Simone Biles a icon for gymnastic for example. It's an event wich requires lot of money because it's generates creations like gymnasium for example or hotels for receive peoples. The Olympic Games it's a show outstanding for me.
Good Day Mister.

Renouard Mélys

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa Barraud Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:21 pm

Hello Mister,
Olympic Games are a sporting event with summer sports and winter sports. They have place every 4 years. The first modern Olympic Games were in Athens in 1896. Athletes from different countries can participate. Olympic Games are make-up of several sports as swimming, triathlon, football… The next Olympic Games will be in Paris.

Léa Barraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Maeva Faverjon Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:01 pm

Hello mister COX,
I’m going to talk about Olympic games .
The Olympic games started in -776 before J.C. The games of today and before are not the same because a the time there were not only sports games but same of the poetry of the theater and other.
The first modern games were in Athens in 1896, the woman may participate the games
Later the games we were accessible for people with a disabilities, the Paralympic Games were created in 1948. The next winter games will be in Korea in 2018 and the summer games in Tokyo in 2020. The last time that France to organize the Olympic Games was in 1924, a hundred years later the summer games will be made in Paris

Maeva Faverjon

Back to top Go down

Week 2 topic - The Olympic Games Empty the olympic games

Post by Farchaud Hans Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:40 am

Hello mister, the Olympic games are a major international event, grouping sports summer and of winter , in wich thousands of athletes participate. Olympics are held every four years, the even years, by alternating Summer Olympics and Winter Olympics. The Games were renovated by the baron Pierre de Coubertin in 1894 when he based the International Olympic Committee, the first modern Olympics having taken place in 1896. Olympics in 2024 are going to be in France, hundred years after the JO of 1924. France is going to build and to set up structures deserving of the event to group and attract most spectator.

Farchaud Hans

Back to top Go down

Week 2 topic - The Olympic Games Empty Week 2

Post by Nathan Lavaud Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:28 pm

Hi John ! We saw in History that the first Olympics Games date from 776 before J-C . The Olympics Games are very useless because the athletes who are not famous or pofessionnal can be recognize. The next Olympics Games will take place in Japan in 2020, and France receive the Olympics Games from 2024 which is a good things for the french tourism .

Nathan Lavaud

Back to top Go down

Week 2 topic - The Olympic Games Empty The Olympic Games

Post by Geoffrey Belon Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:20 pm

Hello sir.
The Olympic Games were created in -776. The first modern Olympic Games took place in Athenes in 1896.
There are the Olympic Winter and Summer Games, they alternate every 2 years.
The 2020 Olympic Games in Tokyo reveal five new sports: climbing, karate, skateboarding, surfing and baseball. we learned on September 13, 2017 the 2024 Olympic Games would be in Paris and Los Angeles in 2028.

Geoffrey Belon

Back to top Go down

Post by TREDAN Morane Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:59 pm

The Olympic Games in time
The ancient Olympic Games, took place in Greece,
the men clashed in several disciplines, the games were prohibited to the women
the winners of these Games were treated during four years like gods and received a crown of olive-tree.
The first Games go back to -776 the last Olympic Games took place into 393 Théodose Ier prohibited them

TREDAN Morane

Back to top Go down

Week 2 topic - The Olympic Games Empty week 2

Post by glorian nicolas Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:50 am

Hello mister,
According to Coubertin " the man owes, thanks to the sport has to, know each other, control itself, to overcome " .Tout during its life this great name of history is going to have a major impact on the evolution of olympics in our current society, as for example the mixture of the cultures, the opening ceremony of the games...
Indeed since his creation Olympics we undergo of numerous modification whether it is with practised sports or in still his image in the society. However of numerous values continue as the cult made for the sportsman, the rulers very strict or still prestigious taken.
Today the Olympic games are mediatized and people of whole worlds look at them, what shows that the sport is more and more present in our quotient and in our lifestyle.

glorian nicolas

Back to top Go down

Post by emacquet Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:14 pm

So the olympic game you know that now have started since long time and reapearred thanks to coubertin, but i would like to speak about the future game where they take place in paris and mostly speak about the economical aspect because it's in my opinion unbelievable to use so much money, so for the olympic games of paris in 2024 the budget planned is over 6 billions of euro, but the jo is today a real business and source or machine who generate lot of money

emacquet

Back to top Go down

Week 2 topic - The Olympic Games Empty olympic game in paris

Post by Achille Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:33 pm

hi mr Cox
today I will speak about the futur Olympic Games in 2024 in Paris, for this Olympic Games Paris had a budget of 6,6 billion of euros, the town of Paris have already the sports structure they just need to made an olympic swimming pool and the olympic town to welcome the athlete, Paris was in competition with Los Angeles for the JO 2024 but Los Angeles negotiate with the international olympic committee to welcome the JO in 2028, at the beginning there was Boston, Hamburg, Rome, Budapest, Los Angeles and Paris for the JO in 2024 but Paris win the vote to organized the 2024 Olympic Games.

Achille

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Devaud Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:11 pm

Hi Mr Cox,
The first Olympic Games took place in -776 before JC. The Olympic Games take place every 4 years since always.It’s a great global event. The Olympic Games of 2024 will take place in Paris during the summer. The Olympic Games are an important event for the country that receives them. in the first jo the women were not allowed to compete, now they have the right. It is a sporting event that helps the development of the country that welcomes it.

Manon Devaud

Back to top Go down

Week 2 topic - The Olympic Games Empty Week 2 topic the olympic game

Post by GUEDES Anthony Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:21 pm

Hi mister

For me the olympic game are the best championship. They're like a symbole for the people who won a medal because you have to train during four years before participate. The point that no one see it's the problem of the futur of the building... In most cases they were abandon and it creat more poverty than development in the country which receive the olympic game.

GUEDES Anthony

Back to top Go down

Week 2 topic - The Olympic Games Empty the Olympic games in 2024

Post by Florent Mon Sep 25, 2017 10:31 pm

the Olympic Games of Paris in 2024 are a stepping stone to the economy based on French tourism lais especially an important launching pad for the most important thing in the world ... the Rugby World Cup

Florent

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Gargot Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:16 am

Hello Mister ! The Olympic started over 2.700 years ago in Olympia, in southwest Greece.Of all the games held throughout Greece, the Olympic Games were the most famous.The Olympic Games were held in honor of Zeus, and were staged every four years at Olympia. The Games were part of a religious festival.People from all around the world come to watch and take part of it. Before and nowadays most of the participants were/are professionals.The best-known architect of the modern Olmpic Games was "De Coubertin".

Emma Gargot

Back to top Go down

Post by melvin migeon Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:31 pm

Hello John,
To begin, the first olympics games date from 776 before Jesus Christ and since this date they didn't stopped evolving. Now the olympics games regroup around fourty disciplines, inclueding the winter and summer olympics games. This is a major event that gather many peaple around a common passion, Sport.
For the city of welcome it's also a very big challenge because the infrastructures are very expensive to build and these games attract a lot of persons. But the financial benefits are very beneficial to the organizing country and that is why I'm favorable to the organization of the future summer games in Paris in 2024.

melvin migeon

Back to top Go down

Week 2 topic - The Olympic Games Empty Romain Teulé

Post by romainteulé Tue Sep 26, 2017 2:46 pm

The Olympic Games are then always sporting activities with many athletes. I'd like to talk about 7-man rugby because it's a sport that was added to the Olympics at the 2016 Olympics. The fidjy team won the tournament by winning all their matches. It is a unique event in the world because all countries come together to compete in more than 30 disciplines. There are several countries that dominate the Olympic Games as the United States france and Russia. Russia was banned from the Olympics because there were doping problems in the country so all the athletes were punished. France is a country that is beginning to have a real education of the sport and the Olympic games interest more and more people.

romainteulé

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexandre Garnier Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:38 am

Hello John
I have a problems with my identifiants and i could not connect me.
I think the olympics Games it's a tradition in the culture of this world and it's a great opportunity for the country who organised and receved this evenments. For example, the candidature of paris in 2024 it'sa moments hitorics for this country. But, this evenement take so much to the extent that it is likely to be a danger to the economy. It will therefore be necessary to watch over the addiction and not make this magnificent sports event a fiasco.

Alexandre Garnier

Back to top Go down

Post by LACHASSE Jordan Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:33 pm

Hello Mr COX
I am going to speak about Olympics Games.
I know that the next Olympics Games will take place in Paris in 2024.
The part which I am going to follow will certainly be the one sprinters.
The Olympics games are going to make a lot of money to the State, which is a good point.

LACHASSE Jordan

Back to top Go down

Week 2 topic - The Olympic Games Empty week 2 The Olympic games Poussin Lonie

Post by Lonie Poussin Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:45 pm

Hello Sir, I will tell you about the Olympic Games
The Olympic Games were created in -776 and forbidden in 393 by Pierre de Coubertin, the Olympic Games of the modern era have been held every four years since 1896. The Games were not celebrated in 1916, 1940 and 1944, of the two world conflicts.
It's an event interesting because there are the best sportsmen who compete and also there are lots of sports presents during two weeks, 28 sports around.
In 2016 in Rio de Janeiro, were held the XXVIII Olympic Summer Games, the Games of the XXXI Olympiad of the modern era. the next Olympic Games will happen in Japan in Tokyo in 2020.
The Olympic Games it's a show outstanding because it brings together a lot of celebrity and teaches us full of things
Good Day Mister.

Lonie Poussin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down