UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Class session 12/10/17

4 posters

Go down

Class session 12/10/17 Empty Class session 12/10/17

Post by Admin Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:35 pm

So Next Thursday we start with the first 8 internship presentations. 8 to 10 minute presentation with up to 10 minutes questions.

9 to 10:30 Kids products:

Charlene (we need a good strong start Wink )
Yvanilde
Maxell
Flora

10:30 to 12 packaging:

Aurelie
Loris
Florian
Cecilia

Kids products to start in class with me - make sure that you are on time because we don't have excess time to waste.
Packaging to start "on your own" - You need to have decided what you are doing in the first session and be ready to start at 9am!!

I also need someone to go and see Arnaud - the technician - and remind him that I have booked the video camera for the session. I need a volunteer! The volunteer needs to get Arnaud to show them how to set up and use the camera (I'm sure that it's really easy) so that they can set it up in the classroom before the session and video the presentations for me - I'll be asking questions so obviously I can't. Perhaps a volunteer from both children's products and packaging. Could you let me know who it is here please and then see Arnaud tomorrow.

Thanks

Can whoever sees this thread first please ask everyone else to read it and the other threads on this forum.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Class session 12/10/17 Empty Re: Class session 12/10/17

Post by Admin Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:15 pm

127 views and no-one has offered to work the camera. Must be a lot of Bots visiting this thread.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlène Deslandes Tue Oct 10, 2017 12:58 pm

Hi John !  Smile

With Maia we went to Arnaud's office and he explained us how to use the camera. We will have a tripod, so it will be easier to film. The camera will be in Maxine's office.

Have a nice day

Charlène Deslandes

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 10, 2017 1:11 pm

Charlène Deslandes wrote:Hi John !  Smile

With Maia we went to Arnaud's office and he explained us how to use the camera. We will have a tripod, so it will be easier to film. The camera will be in Maxine's office.

Have a nice day

Excellent.

You are my heroines.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by alexandre juskiewenski Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:55 am

Hi John,

I apologise for the late reply but for the other half of tomorrow session I wanted to try out the cartoon viewing activity I mentioned previously. I saw that some people were interested by the concept so I put together a selections of shows and episodes we could watch.
I would like to discuss it after and see what they thought about it, as well as if it changed the views they had on cartoon shows.
I also wanted to mention that some of them may not have subtitles so I wanted to ask you if that would be an issue for the viewing. (I'm still trying to find some with subs).

The selection I made is:
-Rick and Morty Season 1 Episode 9 Something Ricked This Way Comes 24 min(suggestion from JPlatard)
-Gravity Falls Season 1 Episode 1 Tourist Trapped 24 min
-Steven Universe Season 1 Episode 12 Giant Woman 11 min
- Adventure Time Season 5 Episode 33 Time Sandwich 11 min
-The Amazing World of Gumbal Season Season 5 Episode 18 The Console 11 min
-Over the Garden Wall Episode 1 The Old Grist Mill 11 min

Those are only suggestions and we could pick either a 24 min or 11 min format depending on the interest and time available. I was also thinking we could project it in a classroom or find an empty working Box and set it up there (My PC has good sound quality Wink ).

Anyway,

Let me know what do  you think of this activity and if you had any suggestions on how to improve it Very Happy

alexandre juskiewenski

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:12 pm

alexandre juskiewenski wrote:Hi John,

I apologise for the late reply but for the other half of tomorrow session I wanted to try out the cartoon viewing activity I mentioned previously. I saw that some people were interested by the concept so I put together a selections of shows and episodes we could watch.
I would like to discuss it after and see what they thought about it, as well as if it changed the views they had on cartoon shows.
I also wanted to mention that some of them may not have subtitles so I wanted to ask you if that would be an issue for the viewing. (I'm still trying to find some with subs).

The selection I made is:
-Rick and Morty Season 1 Episode 9 Something Ricked This Way Comes 24 min(suggestion from JPlatard)

Those are only suggestions and we could pick either a 24 min or 11 min format depending on the interest and time available. I was also thinking we could project it in a classroom or find an empty working Box and set it up there (My PC has good sound quality Wink ).

Anyway,

Let me know what do  you think of this activity and if you had any suggestions on how to improve it Very Happy

Sounds good to me.

If the cartoons are in English then subtitles are optional. Comprehension involves what you think you hear not what you actually hear.

Let me know how many students join you.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by MU Jiejie Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:35 pm

alexandre juskiewenski wrote:Hi John,

The selection I made is:

Anyway,

You are awesome !!!
But how do you select these episodes ? Have you already watched them all? And why not just choose one cartoon but watch a few episodes, because I think it's not enough for me to watch only one episode if the cartoon is very interesting.

MU Jiejie

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down