UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 3 - Cinema and TV Series

+24
Jake Needham
Mathilda Joyeux
Arnaud M
kamel khedim
FLEURENTIN Jealex
Céline Métais
Elise Maret
Arthur Lombard
Louis Nicolas
Khiet Bang Nguyen
Omer C Karadag
Rosh LOUKOU
Lauralee G
Mahiedine Fruchard
wenhaoyi meng
L.M.
HUANG Jing
Emma
Agathe NEGRONI
Céline Mille
CHARLES Denis
zonglin
Arnaud H
Admin
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Week 3 - Cinema and TV Series - Page 2 Empty Re: Week 3 - Cinema and TV Series

Post by Brighton Guibert Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:59 pm

Hi guys,
I'm a big fan of movies and series (even if I've never seen Titanic), I love old movies like Alien, Terminator, also classic like The lord of the ring, Star Wars. The quality of old movies hold back a lots of people but I don't see a real problem like with the first Star Wars (Star Wars 4 not 1) in 1977 even if every people who've seen the 4 right after the 3 treated me as a crazy because of the heavy change of quality (well one was produced in 1977 and the other in 2005). Well all of that just to say that I don't understand why people argue because of the image quality because what is interesting is the moral, the actor play (and other thing that I surely forgot).

Well for me movies is a way to stop thinking about life and just enjoying the moment but I know that for a lots of people US movies are a way of showing the power of USA, that they are never wrong. But I don't really agree with that, recently I saw the movie of Snowden which is a true story (and an awesome movie) who show the wrong doing of the USA government and I truly think that this movie need to be seen because it show us what the US government is capable of (well surely not only the US) and I won't tell you more because I don't want to spoil you guys (even if Louis already told you that he is now in Russia ... Thanks Louis Very Happy ).

Brighton Guibert

Back to top Go down

Post by BAH Mamadou Gando Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:24 am

hey everyone,
I'm gonna talk about an action thriller film released in 2007 it's called shooter. It's very known, everybody had something like this, something that's happenned in your life and left a deep anchorage in you. For me shooter is among this things. I never get bored of seeing this movie again  at least i've seen it 10 times. Sure if i was in the army i would be a sniper. Ok now stop expressing how much i like this movie! oh God i can't i could talk about it for hours. Mamadou start being serious now you "moron". Very Happy  
Shooter is an American conspiracy action thriller film directed by Antoine Fuqua  based on the novel "Point of Impact" by Stephen Hunter and produced by  Lorenzo di Bonaventura. The mains characters are Mark Wahlberg (bob lee Swagger) Danny Glover(Colonnel Issac Jonhson), Michael Peña( FBI Agent Nick Memephis) and Kate Mara (Sarah Fenn), Ned Beatty (Senator Meachum).
Bob is one of the best snipers in the world but during a secret mission in Ethiopia which turn sour his left for dead by Issac Johnson his superior and unfortenately he lost his teamate. Because of skills on shotting he finally survive but he decided to do not work anymore for the government he entrenched himself far from anybody in the mountains. Everything start when Issac Johnson came to meet him and ask for his help because of serious threat against the president of united states of america. He ask him to prepare the attack so that they can thwart the attack. Bob is full of patriotism he wouldn't let something terrible as an attack against the president to occur without doing nothing. He's finally on board. He concludes that if they will an attack it will be in Philly when the president will be meeting the ethipian archbishop. but beyond all this Meachum and Issac had a secret motivation. they used the same details given by Bob to shoot the archbishop because he was about to reveal some mass murder perpetrate by senator Meachum and Issac in order to allow the installation of a pipeline. The archbishop is dead now bob has become the most wanted in the states he is accused of attempting murder to president. He'll meet Nick Memphis who will finaly believe that his innocent. And Sarah (his lost teamate's wife) will be on board and will help him too. Finally the truth will be revealed and Bob has been arrested but declared innocent but there was nothing as proof to incriminate thoose who tried to trap him. He decided to killed them in the name of justice what he did finally and bad end to the bad people.
I like this movie because it's shows how the political sphere can abuse power in order to manipulate people and orchestred crime against the humanity without any punishment. With only one goal to serve their interests. The worldwide authorities must regardless their mission to prevent war between countries must use their power to prevent such manipulation and do not leave any crime against humanity unjudged. power must be a check to power.

BAH Mamadou Gando

Back to top Go down

Post by Robin frugier Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:05 pm

I wanna talk about the walking dead.It's a post-apo serie. That talk about how the society become if the world is touched by a virus who transform the people in zombie. This serie isnt just zombies who eat humain alive with trash effect. But that explain the relationship between the survivors. This serie ask many questions about the society and the human relationship. The zombie arent the only danger but is the other survivor who are the most biggest threat.The search of primar product as foods or water are very importante and is a quest of all the time. They tried to restruct the society and relationship to not become an animal or a fool. In conclusion, it's great post apo serie and one of the best serie who talk about that.

Robin frugier

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed Oct 18, 2017 6:07 pm

Robin frugier wrote:I wanna talk about the walking dead.It's a post-apo serie. That talk about how the society become if the world is touched by a virus who transform the people in zombie. This serie isnt just zombies who eat humain alive with trash effect. But that explain the relationship between the survivors. This serie ask many questions about the society and the human relationship. The zombie arent the only danger but is the other survivor who are the most biggest threat.The search of primar product as foods or water are very importante and is a quest of all the time.  They tried to restruct the society and relationship to not become an animal or a fool. In conclusion, it's great post apo serie and one of the best serie who talk about that.

Robin is alive!

or is he a zombie?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Mahamoud Abdoulkarim Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:06 pm

Cinema is a political tool before being an advertisement tool. In fact, since several years, I stopped going to the theater. In majority, we consume an American culture: films or TV series are carrying some messages. Those ones are false or converge with the US policy. For example, during the cold war period, the Axe of Evil was USSR and now it’s more Arabian people/Muslims. So, they present this people like terrorists most of the time and made a link between Islam and terrorism.
To me, cinema is a tool to expand the general though (usually it come from US). They develop a negative point of view about the culture of other countries, most their political enemies (Middle-East or Extreme-East countries nowadays. On the other hand, they present American culture/society as the best way to live. It’s a strong use of the soft power.
I’m not really watching any TV shows, maybe some time when I have time to lose. Because frequently it’s manipulated. For example, in France, Dieudonné can’t have is own tv show or be invited in a tv show because of its ideas. Major medias control mind of people trough TV, they can share their own vison and though of the country.
Finally, reality TV is harmful for the youth and for most of the people who watch it because people in those show are actors (or stupid). You don’t learn anything interesting from what’s going on around the world and what’s really matter.

Mahamoud Abdoulkarim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2