UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death and medicine: Postponement and promise

2 posters

Go down

Death and medicine: Postponement and promise Empty Death and medicine: Postponement and promise

Post by Matthieu Morisset Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:26 pm

Hi guys,

This is the title of my course ! It talks about death hahahaha !! No more seriously, this subject was very interesting to read cause it shows how pressured hospitals are! Doctors do diagnosis and they can planned how long you will live. So there's people that are meant to be dead at some point and nothing will be done for them. When it starts to become difficult, both for the family (very sadly) and the hospital, is when the patient survive longer ! It generates costs and others patients are waiting ! In the end, the first part of this subject was mostly on those variables cost, death, error of diagnosis about the date of the death, family trouble.
Matthieu Morisset
Matthieu Morisset

Birthday : 1994-12-23

Back to top Go down

Death and medicine: Postponement and promise Empty Re: Death and medicine: Postponement and promise

Post by Admin Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:06 pm

Do you think given finite resources and time this is a reasonable stance to have?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Death and medicine: Postponement and promise Empty Re: Death and medicine: Postponement and promise

Post by Matthieu Morisset Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:17 am

Admin wrote:Do you think given finite resources and time this is a reasonable stance to have?

Hypothetically and in an utopia, of course not. It's not a reasonable stance to have even to defend. But the thing is, in my opinion of course, that our resources are limitless. The system in place isn't perfect at all but there's is so many people that also need help ... Perhaps, an unperfect system like this one is the best way to deal with our current situation of overpopulation trouble. Giving a time to people and resources, in their dying state, based on this is a way to schedule and maybe help the most of us... I hope i answered to your question correctly John.
Matthieu Morisset
Matthieu Morisset

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:38 am

Matthieu Morisset wrote:
Admin wrote:Do you think given finite resources and time this is a reasonable stance to have?

Hypothetically and in an utopia, of course not. It's not a reasonable stance to have even to defend. But the thing is, in my opinion of course, that our resources are limitless. The system in place isn't perfect at all but there's is so many people that also need help ... Perhaps, an unperfect system like this one is the best way to deal with our current situation of overpopulation trouble. Giving a time to people and resources, in their dying state, based on this is a way to schedule and maybe help the most of us... I hope i answered to your question correctly John.

There's no correct answer but I agree with the answer you gave.

Somebody has to make choices.

Maybe we have to reconsider who makes the choices and what criteria they use but as you say time and resources are NOT limitless. It's a shame that "money talks" too loudly sometimes and the rich are given help over the poor but that's just a personal opinion. There may be good reasons for using this criteria.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:40 am

Matthieu Morisset wrote:

Maybe we have to reconsider who makes the choices and what criteria they use but as you say time and resources are NOT limitless. It's a shame that "money talks" too loudly sometimes and the rich are given help over the poor but that's just a personal opinion. There may be good reasons for using this criteria.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Matthieu Morisset Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:55 am

Admin wrote:
Matthieu Morisset wrote:

Yeah we might have to reconsider it, but i truly think that it's in the human nature to be deeply selfish. I mean, if the poor people for example, where the one giving the rules, i really think they were still be a lot of inequities perhaps even more.

I think that's this system is the only viable one in our current state, unperfect but still usable. Putting in place a new system, equable between people wouldn't be great, it should simply be a normality but it means to take actions on harder and deeper problems: Overpopulation, Dying Capitalistic system, Resources depletion, Administrative system, Unemployment ........

Matthieu Morisset
Matthieu Morisset

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum