UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RWBY - Animated Web series

Go down

RWBY - Animated Web series Empty RWBY - Animated Web series

Post by Emeline Giffard Thu Nov 22, 2018 11:30 am

Hello everyone !

As i finished watching Doctor Who (and forgot to talk about it here haha), I decided to talk about another series, this time a web series called RWBY.

RWBY - Animated Web series Rwby6-10
Yep, it looks like Anime, isn'it ?

Exceeeept it isn't. This web series is produced by Roosterteeth, an American company, and was created by Monty Oum, an American web-based animator and writer, who sadly passed away in 2015. Oum was well-known for his skill in animation, especially when it came to fight choregraphies.

The story takes place in the world of Renmant, in which Humanity is on the brink of extinction because of war, and because of the presence of Monsters called Grimms, creatures whose origins are unknown and are attracted by negative feelings such as fear or hatred (feel the irony ?).

RWBY - Animated Web series Vol1op10
The big bad monsters

Magic no longer exist in this world the same way we know it, instead some people are ablo to use what they call "Aura", which grant them access to their own superpower that are called "Semblance", which heavily depends on the personality of the person. To protect humanity from the Grimms, young people are trained in schools across the world to become "Hunters" and "Huntresses". The story focus on four girls who attend the Beacon Academy to become huntresses : Ruby, her sister Yang, Weiss and Blake.

RWBY - Animated Web series Rwby11
The girls !

So, before i keep on talking about this web series, which personally I reaaaly like, I have to talk about some stuff.

First, its a 3D Animated Series. And I know that a lot of you don't particulary appreciate this style of animation. Before watching RWBY, I was like you.

RWBY - Animated Web series Rwby-610
Since its beginning, the quality of the animation actually got better, mainly because the show got a lot of attention, therefore more money.

Just this fact alone might have convinced a lot of you to not watch this series. But really, you should give it a try. This show managed to convince me that 3D animation was definitely not that bad, and that it could even be cooler than traditional animation style.

Because, damn, this show is well-known for its sick fight choregraphies, and it totally deserves this recognition. Oum was a genius, and even though he isn't here anymore, the team behing the show still manages to create nice fight scenes.

That was back in 2012. Sure, it looked a little bit cheap back then (its a web series, they don't have a lot of money haha), but MY GOSH the fight animation is amazing ! AND SHE HAS A GUN-SCYTHE ISN'T IT SUPER DUPER COOL ?

And the music. DAMN. Composed by Jeff Williams, I would say that the OST of the show is pretty much what convinced me to try and watch it. It's lit. His daughter, Casey, is a very talented singer as well.

However, the show is a little slow to start. The first three volumes can be pretty...boring. They are worth watching because of the animation, but the story is not very interesting. However, when you reach Volume 3, it gets darker.

Like really darker, I wasn't expecting this when I started the show haha

Favourite character of the series ? Yang. She's the best girl.

RWBY - Animated Web series Yang2c10
Don't be fooled, she could destroy you with her fists. She's fierce.

As Volume 6 started just a few weeks ago, I will try and do a review of each episodes when they are out.

See ya ! Very Happy
Emeline Giffard
Emeline Giffard

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum