UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HARRY POTTER HOUSES : WHICH ONE DO YOU BELONG TO ?

4 posters

Go down

HARRY POTTER HOUSES : WHICH ONE DO YOU BELONG TO ?  Empty HARRY POTTER HOUSES : WHICH ONE DO YOU BELONG TO ?

Post by Emeline Giffard Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:03 pm

Hellowww everyone, time for a new topic !

So, you all have seen the title when you clicked, and you either went "OH YES" or "OH NO" while dramatically rolling your eyes haha.

For those of you that are like me, which means big fans of Harry Potter, then you already know what I'm talking about. However, if you are not familiar at all with the saga (which is fine, you have the right to not like it or to not have seen it or read it), then let me explain what I mean by this title.

I won't make a summary of the story, that's not the point of this topic. As you all know, the young Harry goes to a wizarding school named Hogwarts. While they are attending school, students are separated into four different houses. How do they get sorted into each houses you may ask ? Well, at the beginning of their first year, the school organizes what is called "the Sorting Ceremony". During this ceremony, students have to wear a magic hat, "the Sorting Hat", which will read their minds and will see their personality.

Based on what it will see, the Hat will decide which house suits the student the best (must say that we still don't know if they are sorted according to the traits they exhibit or those they value the most, still a mystery).

(as all the fans know, the Hat actually let you decide which House you really want to be sorted into, but let's forget about that haha)

Each Houses is defined by particular personaity traits, so let me introduce them to you quickly :

- Gryffindor House : the House that values bravery, chivalry, daring and nerve. Their emblem is the Lion.
- Hufflepuff House : values hard-work, dedication, patience, loyalty and fair play. Their emblem is the Badger.
- Ravenclaw House : their members are usually intelligent, wise and have a lot of knowledge. They have a knack for solving riddles. Their emblem is the...Eagle (yep not a Raven haha)
- Slytherin House : last but not least, the House of the ambitious, cunning and resourceful people. I must say that it isn't the House of the bad guys, and that many Slytherin students are not future Death Eaters. Their emblem is the Snake.

This concept was (and still is) so popular that many personaluty tests poped on the Internet to determine in which House you would be sorted if you were to become a student at Hogwarts. Few years ago, the official website of Harry Potter was created, called Pottermore, and you can find over there the official test to know in which House you might end up.

Here's the link to the website, if you want to take on the test to find out : https://www.pottermore.com/ (you have to create an account first if you want to know). If you don't want to create an account, i found this test on the internet with all the questions asked on the website : https://www.gotoquiz.com/pottermore_sorting_hat_quiz_2

So now the big question : WHICH HOUSE DO YOU BELONG TO ? bounce

Personally, I'm a proud Gryffindor haha (even though I still think that Hufflepuff IS DA BEST HOUSE)

So, what results did you have ? What do you think about the Houses ? Want to talk about you love for the saga, or want to rant about the saga ? Please take a sit, and tell us Cool
Emeline Giffard
Emeline Giffard

Back to top Go down

HARRY POTTER HOUSES : WHICH ONE DO YOU BELONG TO ?  Empty Re: HARRY POTTER HOUSES : WHICH ONE DO YOU BELONG TO ?

Post by Amelie Trarieux Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:42 am

OMG EMELINE I LOVE YOU AND WHEN I SAW THIS TOPIC I SCREAMED A BIG "YEEES" INSIDE.

I'm actually a very proud Hufflepuff. And I believe it's quite obvious LIKE BITCH PLEASE WE'RE NEXT TO THE KITCHENS. I don't know much what else to say but that I used to love Harry Potter's movies as a child/teenager but got to really appreciate the true value of Harry Potter when I was in Germany with many internet issues and I just started reading them all in English (Yes that was only 2 years ago).
Now I'm just addicted to HP memes and Tumblr posts. They are the best.

HARRY POTTER HOUSES : WHICH ONE DO YOU BELONG TO ?  Captur14

HARRY POTTER HOUSES : WHICH ONE DO YOU BELONG TO ?  Captur16
Amelie Trarieux
Amelie Trarieux

Back to top Go down

HARRY POTTER HOUSES : WHICH ONE DO YOU BELONG TO ?  Empty Re: HARRY POTTER HOUSES : WHICH ONE DO YOU BELONG TO ?

Post by Admin Fri Feb 08, 2019 1:52 pm

My school, as is common in England and the reason Hogwarts has school houses, had houses. I was a member of Berkley house - emblem was a lion and the colour was yellow.

Having done the test I got 77% Ravenclaw.

I loved the books (and the films) but I was quite disappointed how the importance of the houses disappeared as the story developed. Ravenclaw were greatly sidelined and hufflepuff were inconsequential. A great shame I think.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline Giffard Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:15 pm

Amélie wrote:OMG EMELINE I LOVE YOU AND WHEN I SAW THIS TOPIC I SCREAMED A BIG "YEEES" INSIDE.

I'm actually a very proud Hufflepuff. And I believe it's quite obvious LIKE BITCH PLEASE WE'RE NEXT TO THE KITCHENS. I don't know much what else to say but that I used to love Harry Potter's movies as a child/teenager but got to really appreciate the true value of Harry Potter when I was in Germany with many internet issues and I just started reading them all in English (Yes that was only 2 years ago).
Now I'm just addicted to HP memes and Tumblr posts. They are the best.

Love you too darling I love you I love you I love you I love you I love you
HAHAHA I knew you would be a Hufflepuff ! AND YES, YOU GUYS HAVE THE KITCHENS, like I always wanted to be a Hufflepuff because of that ! I have yet to read the books actually (yes I know, quite a shame, but as soon as I got the money, Imma buy them ALL). Being a huge Tumblr addict (Tumblr is litteraly my second home, no joke), I'm also quite fond of HP memes haha, they're exquisite ! Love yours by the way !

Admin wrote:My school, as is common in England and the reason Hogwarts has school houses, had houses. I was a member of Berkley house - emblem was a lion and the colour was yellow.

Having done the test I got 77% Ravenclaw.

I loved the books (and the films) but I was quite disappointed how the importance of the houses disappeared as the story developed. Ravenclaw were greatly sidelined and hufflepuff were inconsequential. A great shame I think.

Oh wow, I actually didn't know that schools in England had Houses like that. How does it work exactly, did you get to choose your House or was it imposed ? Like, how did you get sorted into this House ? What were the differences between each Houses ? (sorry, lot of questions, I'm really curious haha)

Ravenclaw, eh ? I don't really picture you as being the "wise" person here hihihi

And I agree, I always thought that it was such a waste of potential. Gryffindor and Slytherin were always stealing the show, which is why I was kinda happy with the release of Fantastic Beasts, because we could finally have a hero from Hufflepuff (even though the story doesn't revolve around Hogwarts so we don't get to see the Houses properly, but oh well).
Emeline Giffard
Emeline Giffard

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Gailledrat Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:10 pm

Hello !
According the Potterhead official test, I'm a Ravenclaw !!! Yes !!!! It is so much me because I love learning new things everyday. I agree with you John, it's sad that Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff are not more shown on the movies, it's like they don't even exist but we see all the time Gryffindor and Slytherin fighting each other Bouhhhh !!!
Chloé Gailledrat
Chloé Gailledrat

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down