UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 1 Discussion topic

+22
AxelQuantin
Lucie LEFEVRE
Cloé Meyraud
Julia Ceaux
noemie michenot
Binson Mathilde
Emma Goichon
Paul Bressy
Onillon Dorian
lisa.chivot
BARRAUD Jeanne
Thomas Figueira
Virginie GAUDRIAUD
Cloé
Boismorand Victoria
Smaleuvr
Christian FLANNERY
Marie LEQUEC
Mathilde Guillaume
Louis
GERON Eva
Admin
26 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Week 1 Discussion topic Empty Week 1 Discussion topic

Post by Admin Wed Sep 11, 2019 11:42 am

For those students who didn't tell me about their Summer then they can do that. For the other students ask Mathilde - she's choosing the subject for this week.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 1 Discussion topic Empty Re: Week 1 Discussion topic

Post by GERON Eva Wed Sep 11, 2019 3:37 pm

In classroom i told you that i went to corsica during the holidays but it isn't all. I went to paris during 3 days. I visited the champs élysées, the eiffel tower, the triumphal arch, the place of concorde, the Louvre museum. This stay was very cool because it was the first that i went to paris. Morever the second day we went to dysneyland and the place is very magical. After my holidays in paris, i went to the island of oléron with friends (including maelle and colleen, you know their talent in English) during two weeks and it was very funny.

GERON Eva

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:02 pm

During the summer holidays, I worked for 2 months, in a company of "cuves inox" Chalvignac, intended for the storage of wine and the realization of "cognac". Then I kept the month of August to see my friends and leave in vavances. I went to Paris with my girlfriend for a few days and then went to the Pyrenees with my friends to do sports like cycling and hiking.

Louis

Back to top Go down

Week 1 Discussion topic Empty Seasons

Post by Mathilde Guillaume Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:21 pm

The subjet that I choose (Christian helped me) are seasons. The four seasons, that's all. Tell which one do you prefer, why, etc..

Mathilde Guillaume

Back to top Go down

Post by Marie LEQUEC Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:19 pm

"-Is it Fort Boyard, there in the water?
-No it is the prison of Ré Island."

This summer I worked for two whole months as a Lifeguard on Oleron Island.
In my head I idolized this job. Sun, sand, waves, tan and good-looking boys, that was what I aimed for. Wear my red swimsuit and run on the beach just like in Baywatch.

Huge disappointment when I first saw this kind of ... that was supposed to be our Aid Post but even vacationers called it "the cabin".
Nevermind, I get to improve my english by literaly yelling at people "dogs are not allowed on the beach !" All day long.
I remember once when I told them "If you want to go with your dog, please you need to pass the yellow buoy over there" and I pronounce "there" really badly, it sucks that much that the 11 years old boy literaly made fun of me in front of my face by repeating "there hehe there". Not.Cool.

And I also took care of a woman from the Netherland because she got hurt on the foot toe in rocks. The skin was running off, with a lot of blood and I was the only one in the Post able to talk in english and understand how she felt about it. Several times she told me she thought she could passed out and I was sooooo frightened she would.

It was quite hard for me in the beginning because we used to work 9 hours a day, 6 days a week, without any break for lunch (always on duty even if your eating your lunch). And we were camping, I rented a caravan and in less a day it got infested with ants. Ants everywhere ! Under my pillow, my blanket, even in the tiny closet !

For me it was mentally really hard.

But it was worth it, I gained about 3600 euros in two months and I bought a car so I can drive to the University by myself.

Moreover humanly talking it was interesting and even if I traumatised two or three children and let sink one or two grannies, I will definitely do it again and improve my Lifeguard skills.
Marie LEQUEC
Marie LEQUEC

Birthday : 2000-10-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Christian FLANNERY Wed Sep 11, 2019 10:54 pm

There are four seasons:

-Winter: "Too cold"

-Spring: "Nearly summer f*ck yeah!"

-Summer: "Oh f*ck it's too hot i'll stay in bed"

-Autumn: "Boring"

Christian FLANNERY
Christian FLANNERY

Back to top Go down

Post by Smaleuvr Thu Sep 12, 2019 11:36 am

This summer, I had several jobs and moved quite a lot, without being in holidays.
To begin this summer, I went back to Angoulême for the 2nd session of exams, because I failed the first one ...
Then, I and Paul moved to Marmande, in the South West, for the music festival garorock during four days.
When I went back, I had my results and learned that I completed my year of STAPS. I took several days to celebrate.
I started to work in interim in a paper factory for two weeks in La Rochelle. The work was boring but I was paid.
After these to weeks, I started to work as an animator in a summer camp (the cheapest of France). The camp was special because we used to receive about 70% of child from the "Aide Sociale à L'enfance" so it was kinda sporty sometime.
Please quote that I was only paid 17 EUROS A DAY for this work, waking up sometimes at 7 am and not going to sleep (in a tent) before 2am wich make about 0,89€ the hour ...
But it was a such a great human experience and I'll work there again next year for sure.
After that I've been going back in a factory for 2 weeks to make money and came back at the summer camp for two """paid""" week and a half of volunteering.
This summer was exhausting for me and I earned about 1400 euros for 8 weeks.
But it also allowed me to rest about 2 weeks during the summer and I'm know sure that I want to work in a social job (but being paid would be cool).

Smaleuvr

Back to top Go down

Post by Boismorand Victoria Thu Sep 12, 2019 1:44 pm

During my summer hollidays, I worked in my horse center,
My job was to feed the horses out giving them food to prepare them for the rides and clean the entire riding center. I also worked in a real estate agency where I did the housework in the rentals, I also took care of the children in the evening . I went to Sicily with my family what a beautiful country we eat well it is hot the water is very beautiful the dream! end of August I left for a weekend with my boyfriend in bayonne where we could enjoy this beautiful city of france

Boismorand Victoria

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloé Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:24 pm

During my summer I worked on covered market to sale vegetables and fruits. But the the most important thing for me, is to have did a lot of beach volleyball, to have seen my friends from Lyon, Lille, Monaco, Paris and England. It's also participate to the french senior championnat who was very very exciting!! I have also did boat and wake-board. It was a good summer Smile

Cloé

Back to top Go down

Post by Virginie GAUDRIAUD Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:31 pm

I love summer because it's hot we don't need to wear pullover. Each summer I can go to the beach with my friends, without forget the mac do before return to my home. I also enjoy my swimming pool very nice to relax. Depending on the weather I will play football for a few hours to enjoy the summer. I also eat good ice cream or good fruits.
Especially the most important is the holidays so i can spend time with my family and my friends. we can go to the camping too or travel to discover new landscape.

Virginie GAUDRIAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Figueira Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:05 am

There are 4 seasons. Spring ; it's the season when the flowers appear, temperature is good not to hot. Summer ; I think my favorite because the sun is present, it's the time of swimming pool, barbecue, beach, it's too the holidays ! Autumn ; the wind is coming, temperature is dropping and the leaves of trees fall. Next it's the winter, it's always a pleasure to see the snow fall but it's more and more rare in Charente. All seasons are different !

Thomas Figueira

Back to top Go down

Post by BARRAUD Jeanne Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:01 pm

I began my summer holidays by working in decathlon in Bordeaux for two months. I was a cashier. I quite liked to work in this decathlon, there was a good atmosphere and I already knew some of the team.
But I was happier when I have really been in holidays at the end of June.
I spent 2 whole months in Royan doing nothing but going to the beach and going out at night with my friends.
At the end of August I went to Edimburgh with my father and my brothers for a week. The travel was something : by car... but the city was worth it !
We saw a lot lot lot people in pubs, this is not a legend ! But more of that we really felt like we were in Harry Potter and for the fan that I am it was a pleasure.
Furthermore we had such a good weather ! The two first days were not really great (we can't have everything) but the other days were sunny ! We were even hot, unbelievable.

Then, our last day we had the chance to go the Murrayfield stadium to see the friendly game between France and Scotland ! But we lost so it was less funny that I expected.

BARRAUD Jeanne

Back to top Go down

Post by lisa.chivot Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:31 pm

I’m worked in fields of apples during one month, it was very long and boring but I have had great paye. Then I went enjoy the sun and to eat an ice creams at beach in La Rochelle.
I worked in center for people distabilities during one month it was new for me and very interesting but I still prefer to party and to hike in mountain with my friends.

lisa.chivot

Back to top Go down

Post by Onillon Dorian Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:27 am

The Four Seasons is the name given to the four concertos for violin, composed by Antonio Vivaldi, those concertos appear in the seventeen years. This is the most famous work in the history of the concerto and it's true that it's relaxing to listen to.

Onillon Dorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Paul Bressy Sat Sep 14, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi,
My holyday's wasn't very distractive at the beginning, staying in bed, watch series and manga, doing houseworks, going out with some friends.
At the end of the June, I left to Marmande with Simon and some other friend at a Festival, "Garorock", these four days was really great with lot of ambiance, fun and tiredness.

Then, at the half of July, I joined my friend at Moliets in the Atlantic coast. They worked here in a restaurant. Here, we drank, slept, ate, surfed, and drank again during ten days. I searched jobs here but no one taked employees for just a week. But "Pierre et Vacances" employed me during three days. I did gardener! Cool

In August I worked for two weeks in a leisure center as an animator, but I stopped my job to participate to the Dax ferias with Pierre and other friends for four days!
Then I came back to Moliets few days and return to Angoulême, the best city ever.

I reviewed Staps subject (english particularly) between 8am and 7pm to be operational for the school beginning.
I'm ready for this year!

Paul Bressy

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Goichon Sat Sep 14, 2019 2:36 pm

Everyone knows that the best season is spring ! it is the season of the renewal of nature, the return of migratory birds and the awakening of hibernating animals. It is also the season of loves in birds and for everyone, a particularly euphoric period. It is well known that the sun acts as a powerful anti-depressant and his return therefore helps to put our spirits high! It's not to cold and not to hot . So yes , my favorite season is spring Smile

Emma Goichon

Back to top Go down

Post by Binson Mathilde Sat Sep 14, 2019 5:54 pm

My favorite season is the automn.
I find that the trees leaves, losing their greenery, give a very nuanced colors panel of warm color. With the rays of a grazing/shaving sun, brings an extraordinary play of light and shade to the forest.
As well as seeing all this nature harvesting its reserves, whether for animals or trees to prepare for winter, it is fascinating.

Binson Mathilde

Back to top Go down

Post by noemie michenot Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:29 pm

This week i’m going to talk about my summer holidays.
To start off, I decided to to care of my body after this hard year of sports and hard work.
Then, with my boyfriend, we flew to Lanzarote (in the canary islands) where we went scuba diving🐠. It was so cool, there was so many fish around us and we had the chance to see a sea horse !
We also went to the top of a volcano where there were incredible views and we had food that was cooked with the heat of the volcano!
When I came back, I worked for a few weeks in a factory.

noemie michenot

Back to top Go down

Post by Julia Ceaux Sun Sep 15, 2019 12:53 am

I like all seasons, I think they all have their charm even if none is perfect for me.
In summer, it is (almost) always beautiful, you can swim, it's the holidays but I'm too hot.
In autumn, the trees take a nice red color and it is less hot but the sky is gray and there are many months before the summer holidays.
Winter is a festive season with Christmas and the new year, the snow is beautiful (even if there is none hereabout), I go skiing every year but at this time it's cold and it is almost impossible for me to get out of my bed in the morning.
Finally the spring could be an ideal season for me with the return of the sun and the vegetation but this last one causes me violent allergies.

Julia Ceaux

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:31 pm

Paul Bressy wrote:Hi,
My holyday's wasn't very distractive at the beginning, staying in bed, watch series and manga, doing houseworks, going out with some friends.
At the end of the June, I left to Marmande with Simon and some other friend at a Festival, "Garorock", these four days was really great with lot of ambiance, fun and tiredness.

Then, at the half of July, I joined my friend at Moliets in the Atlantic coast. They worked here in a restaurant. Here, we drank, slept, ate, surfed, and drank again during ten days. I searched jobs here but no one taked employees for just a week. But "Pierre et Vacances" employed me during three days. I did gardener! Cool

In August I worked for two weeks in a leisure center as an animator, but I stopped my job to participate to the Dax ferias with Pierre and other friends for four days!
Then I came back to Moliets few days and return to Angoulême, the best city ever.

I reviewed Staps subject (english particularly) between 8am and 7pm to be operational for the school beginning.
I'm ready for this year!

Laughing Suspect
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Cloé Meyraud Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:25 pm

This summer I worked 2 and a half months as a beach lifeguard. In my rescue station, there were eight lifeguards, with a postmaster and a deputy. The team was so cool, there were 6 boys and 2 girls. We did a lot of little care and a few interventions. In the evening after the work day, we would sometimes meet with other lifeguards on the beach to play volleyball or in some places to go for a drink ( or several). The season was really good. I plan to do this job again next summer. Very Happy

Cloé Meyraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie LEFEVRE Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:40 pm

During the summer holidays, I worked at decathlon for 4 months.
There was a great team.
We would meet at the beach in the evening to eat pizza and then go out to the White House, or we would all go together to the Galon d'Or in Saintes to drink beers.
At the end of August, I went to see my best friend in Toulouse. We went to Andorra and then to Cap d'Agde.
Shopping, pool, beach, friends have punctuated my holidays.
Then it was back to class.

Lucie LEFEVRE

Back to top Go down

Post by AxelQuantin Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:38 pm

My favorite season is the summer because it's hot and because it's holiday, it's the moment to pass lot of time with friends. It's also the moment for win money for the next year and the future.

AxelQuantin

Back to top Go down

Post by GAILLARD Marin Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:40 pm

Four seasons but only 2 I Really like, spring and summer, for the temperature. These seasons give me, way better mindset, during autumn all is depress. And for the winter, the only good fact is the ski... I love this acitvity. But I hate the cold and the rain. And in Angouleme it's horrible

GAILLARD Marin

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathilde Guillaume Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:38 pm

Let's start with spring. It's beautiful the season of love but it's bad when you do not know how to dress because it's too cold in the morning and too hot the afternoon.
Summer : enjoy your friends, party, swim, eat barbecues, enjoy sunset, smell the wet tar.. Nothing better except when it is too hot and tourists are invading our land!
Autumn is sooooooooo romantic I think : the colors of the leaves give a very special atmosphere ! I will be able to read many hours behind the horizon, with the cool wind in my face!
And finally, winter: my favorite season, with Christmas, the new year, the galette des rois, the candlemas, skiing .. But also the smell of the fireplace, the fresh air that enters the lungs, the mist on the windows .. So much things that makes winter a season of conviviality and sharing!

Mathilde Guillaume

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum