UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

week 5 topic - Guns

+16
Louis ROGER
Bedon hugo
Rafaël Delafond
Pardoux Emma
Damien Bonnoron
Vincent CHOLLET
octave blosse
theo Binchet
Coline Thouvenin
Arthur.Crovisier
VERRON Hugo
Oceane Quersante
Emeline CROUZEAUD
Elias Elfakhar--Gaillard
Julie TORRIANI
Admin
20 posters

Go down

week 5 topic - Guns Empty week 5 topic - Guns

Post by Admin Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:43 pm

Uses, dangers, sports, the U.S., France. Anything about guns and shootings.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

week 5 topic - Guns Empty Re: week 5 topic - Guns

Post by Julie TORRIANI Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:14 pm

Carry guns in the United States,
In the United States, the carrying of a hidden weapon is regulated. In 2016, 14.5 million concealed weapons licenses are in circulation. On the one hand, it may be necessary to have a weapon on us for self-defense, but on the other hand, the carrying of weapons in the United States is a contravened idea because some use it to solve their problem and that it create violence.

Julie TORRIANI

Back to top Go down

Post by Elias Elfakhar--Gaillard Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:24 pm

Julie TORRIANI wrote:Carry guns in the United States,
In the United States, the carrying of a hidden weapon is regulated. In 2016, 14.5 million concealed weapons licenses are in circulation. On the one hand, it may be necessary to have a weapon on us for self-defense, but on the other hand, the carrying of weapons in the United States is a contravened idea because some use it to solve their problem and that it create violence.

I'm totaly agree with your point of view. I can give you my debrief cause I travelled 2 months ago in the USA.
(When I use "you" it's for people in general)
I don't think that having a weapon on us is requisite for self-defense. It's useless. You probably should more, learn somes technicals mouvement of martials arts.

I never saw someone with a gun at his belt in the USA.
I didn't visited gangs districts. Indeed a driver told me that he don't go to somes places (to bring clients) cause it's dangerous and every day there are shooting inside it. People solve their problem by their own.

Finally I think that having a weapon on him is the worst possibility ever, or you take a knife if you are fearful and it's always a bad idea.
However you could just take somes lessons of self-defense (martial arts or others) if you don't feel safe.

Ps : Rent or buy a bodyguard, maybe a lifeguard if you are the fearfulest lol!

Last edited by Elias Elfakhar--Gaillard on Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:09 am; edited 1 time in total

Elias Elfakhar--Gaillard

Back to top Go down

Post by Emeline CROUZEAUD Tue Oct 08, 2019 11:51 am

There are many guns in the world. I talk about one muy recently: august 12th, 2018. It was realized in Manchester, in Graint-Britain. Ten peoples are injured but their life isn't in danger. This evenment is became in night so they not find the responsable quickly. Unfortunately, there are guns in diferents part of world, often there are dead. In France, as well this for example to Bataclan in 2016.

Emeline CROUZEAUD

Back to top Go down

week 5 topic - Guns Empty Guns

Post by Oceane Quersante Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:39 pm

In our world there are many guns. For example, today in Germany a guns in the middle of the street makes two deaths. It’s an increasingly common phenomenon especially in USA may be arms are in legal sale. There are more and more mass killings in the world, we often talk about terrorist acts. For example, the guns at the bataclan (France).

Oceane Quersante

Back to top Go down

Post by VERRON Hugo Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:43 pm

The Columbine Shootout is a school killings that occurred on April 20, 1999 at Columbine High School. Two students, Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, killed twelve students and one teacher, and injured more or less severely twenty- four other students, three of whom were trying to flee. Harris and Klebold committed suicide after the shooting, making this the seventh most deadly massacre at a school in the United States This massacre caused a stir in the United States and created a social psychosis on terrorism, gun control laws, the availability of firearms, school safety and the impact of video games, music and movies, including Michael Moore's documentary Bowling for Columbine, Gus Van Saat's Elephant . Question

VERRON Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur.Crovisier Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:35 pm

A shooting in a synagogue and a restaurant killed two people yesterday in Halle, Germany. The suspect, 27, a member of a neo-Nazi movement, was arrested.
The main problem with guns is that they can fall into the hands of crazy person

Arthur.Crovisier

Back to top Go down

Post by Coline Thouvenin Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:28 am

This week we are going to speak about guns. It is allowed in the USA to own and carry a weapon. I think this law is not necessarily good for the population because this possession of weapon can lead to overflows. For example, I will use the Vegas shooting in 2017 to illustrate my point. During a concert by the singer Jason Aldean in Las Vegas, a man shot at the crowd from his hotel room on the 32nd floor. This shooting result in at least 58 death and nearly 500 injuries.

Coline Thouvenin

Back to top Go down

Post by theo Binchet Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:34 pm

Hello, this week I will tell you about the port of arms in the USA.
Almost everyone in the US owns a gun at home for a variety of reasons, but the main reason is to protect themselves and their families.
Weapons in America are a tradition that has existed since the time of the Westearns.
Even I would say that for Americans wearing arms and a religion.
But on the other hand, almost every day, a shooting takes place and it is in the United States that there are the most people killed by firearms.
This is a big problem there because the opinions are diverse and there is more and more association that will defend the Second Amendment. But also more and more associations who are against the right to have a weapon.

theo Binchet

Back to top Go down

Post by octave blosse Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:54 am

The subject of the week is weapons. In the EU weapons are allowed by category, this is not a good thing because the usefulness of the police is less and it is not normal that a civilian can fight back against a police officer. I think that the carrying of arms will have to be regulated.

octave blosse

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent CHOLLET Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:03 pm

There are different shooting sports. There is rifle or pistol shooting, or the ammunition is shot. We shoot at round targets and aim and aim at the center. The ball-trap is also a shooting sport. That if it is with hunting rifles or we must aim at an orange tray. Biathlon is also a shooting sport. It's a ski race or at times you have to stop on shooting stands as well as stand up, or they have to aim at 5 white targets that become black if they are hit.

Vincent CHOLLET

Back to top Go down

Post by Damien Bonnoron Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:19 pm

Today, and around the world, the access to firearms is becoming more frequent and easier.
This is a big problem because the possession of these weapons leads to reckoning, murders, attacks and insecurity within the populations concerned. For one part, the possession of gun is controlled, in France, for example, the legal purchase of firearms is regulated and not everyone can buy them. Hunters, for example, may own one, but under different rules, the carrying of weapons is not allowed. Despite these regulations, illegal arms trafficking is very present and results in the death of many people. France is the twelfth most armed country in the world. Among the different countries of this world the possession of firearms is varied but we find the largest possession in the United States with nearly 270 million weapons circulating across the country which gives us almost 90 weapons per 100 inhabitants. This large quantity is characterized by the right to carry weapons granted but also by the large number of purchases of weapons since the attacks.
The second most armed country is Yemen. We can also speak about countries at the heart of armed conflicts such as Irak.

Damien Bonnoron

Back to top Go down

week 5 topic - Guns Empty Guns

Post by Pardoux Emma Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:16 pm

From the attacks of Bataclan, Charlie Hebdo and other, french people want to have guns for denfend ourselves. But in France, having weapons on us is defenitely prohibit. Ony policemen can use guns in our fonction. They can also use them in urgency situation, and have them on him all the time. If we want to have guns in France you need to have a particularly reasons like to hunt and to do shooting sport

Pardoux Emma

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafaël Delafond Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:27 pm

I'm not really inspired by this topic but we will do what we can Laughing
So I chosen to talk about a nordic skiing event in which the competitors combine cross-country skiing and rifle shooting. It's the Biathlon. I always wanted to try this sport but I never had the opportunity.. I used to follow Martin Fourcade feats and I think I will start again because this sport is very impressiv. Martin Fourcade is five-time Olympic champion, seven-time World Cup overall winner and eleven-time world champion and he is french of course.

Rafaël Delafond

Back to top Go down

Post by Bedon hugo Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:07 pm

There are so many different opinions for this subjects. Principally about weapon port. In america people were allowed to have a gun. There are few shop of weapon and people can buy a gun. For me people will not have guns it’s too much dangerous. For me just policeman can have a gun everyday because they learn the law they learn when they can use it and they were probably more responsible with guns. But there are again a problem because if a bad personn see his gun he could blame and try to take his weapon. That’s a good subject but with many opinions and many problems. it requires a bigger debate

Bedon hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis ROGER Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:09 pm

In France, the port of arms is very regulated. It is forbidden to have a gun, except in some cases.
When our trade authorizes us (police, customs ...), when we practice the hunting (with a license), when one practice sport shooting (with a license), during historical reproduction or on exceptional request in case of person at risk.

Louis ROGER

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathis Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:24 pm

Today I will talk about a sport still unknown in France: Sport shooting. This discipline involves the sporting use of firearms such as pistols or air rifles. The many sports shooting disciplines all have in common the use of a weapon to try to reach a target that can be launched or not and which can be located at a certain distance.

Mathis

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélien blum Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:31 pm

I like the big guns. Because I like the big shotting with a lot of blood. I like the violence of the murder, when a guy take a full magazine in the head. Braaaa Braaaa ( shouting noises)

Aurélien blum

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Proux Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:19 pm

I don’t like the gun because I thin’k than this doesn’t solve things.
Moreover, sometimes is use without utility and against a innocent...
Today the guns it’s a big problem in France, there are again a person with whitout autorisation for have a gun...

Lucie Proux

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Lopez Wed Oct 16, 2019 3:15 pm

This week I'm going to talk about this guns. We hear a lot about the presence of weapons in some states of the United States and worries that it can cause. There is also a lot of talk about accidents during the use of weapons during hunting periods in France.But we hardly talk about the use of weapons for leisure in specific stands, while it is an Olympic sport. It would be better to advertise for recreational use as much rather adverse effects.

Anthony Lopez

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum