UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 5 topic - music

+15
Admin
Izak Ibrahim M'sa
Leane.angot
lassana
Thibault
Simon Martinet
JulesA
NOUZILLE Jeanne
Julien Chaubénit
florian
Emma Gauduchon
Evan Rebierre
Ilona Brugiere
sasha geffré
julie bersoult
19 posters

Go down

Week 5 topic - music  Empty Week 5 topic - music

Post by julie bersoult Tue Oct 08, 2019 8:39 am

There are different types of music. There may be classical music, Contemporary, Rap or others. But it also depends on the personality of the persoonnes. Music allows you to think of something else and escape to another world. And to open your mind to different screws. Music can convey emotions, sensations and a story. especially music can touch on a part of our lives. It can be a tragic fact or a happy fact. She can be a tribute to someone. But it can send a message to someone. Plus it can put something forward that's going on in the world. For example, Angele talks about men to women. The fact that they believe they have power over women while on the contrary not. In her music she will touch people but in a different way than by rabading things to them. This allows the person to understand.

julie bersoult

Back to top Go down

Week 5 topic - music  Empty Re: Week 5 topic - music

Post by sasha geffré Wed Oct 09, 2019 7:19 pm

I like different types of music, I like music that makes us move, that gives a boost. But I also like French text music such as that of Charles Aznavour, Balavoine, Charles Trenet, Edith piaf or Barbara. It's songs about things, about life. I like it because in my family, they all like to sing and family meals are always made up of songs. As a result, my musical repertoire contains a lot of "old" songs and very few current ones. I admit that I take more pleasure in listening to songs by Queen or Jacques Brel for example than songs from today because they make me think about the evolution of society, the way I evolve, it's a bit like a family heritage.

sasha geffré

Back to top Go down

Post by Ilona Brugiere Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:41 pm

I listen to music every day, but I don't have particularly style. However, I don't like the classical music, I prefer listen musics with lyrics. Many artists write their music according to their experience, they are inspired by that. Like Charles Aznavour who has written or co-written over a thousand songs, either for himself or other artists.
Then, artist Angèle made herself known by many videos that she posted on her Instagram account but also with her first album. Through her music and lyrics, Angèle is committed to sexism, especially in her song "Balance ton quoi". She feels a strong sexism in the world of music, and finds that some people have difficulty assimilating the fact that she writes, composes and produces her own songs.

Ilona Brugiere

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Rebierre Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:15 pm

I of course love music, I listen to music every time I can. I like all styles of music except trans.
I've always loved classical music and I've always wanted to play an instrument. I play the piano for 4 years and I'm not about to stop. (My favourite composer is Chopin by far, and my favourite pieces are "La Campanella" by Liszt, "Waltz Opus 69, no 2" by Chopin or "Ballade No.1 in G Minor" by Chopin too.
I also take singing lessons with a vocal coach since september, and I play the guitare but I don't have lessons so I'm making slower progress.
To conclude my favourite song is "I can't go on without you" by Kaleo, an Icelandic rock and blues band.

Evan Rebierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Emma Gauduchon Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:57 am

I love music and I like different style of music: rap, pop, R'n'B, classical, afro. The music is different depending on the time of day and my state (tired, joy, crying, nostalgia, pain, etc).
I listen to music every day, whether in the cra, in bed, in sports, etc.
I also have fun singing with my friend at home, it allows me to relox and feel better. I do the same with dancing, I often dance out of sight, to relax and feel better, to bring me weel-being.

Music is for me a journey, a way-out!

Emma Gauduchon

Back to top Go down

Post by florian Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:26 pm

like everyone on this planet, i like music. More particular Rap, pop-music, rock, jazz... The music is motivating, a source of pleasure, a way to escape from this world ... But for me it's a way to relax. I've already play music, during 6 years, i've played clarinet and i played in a orchestraand i did too 4 years of saxophone. Today i can't play this instruments because it's very expensive, but when i grow up, I will do it again maybe

florian

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Chaubénit Sun Oct 13, 2019 11:23 pm

Music is an art and a cultural activity that combines sounds and silence over time. We can find different types of music. Personally my favorite kind of music is rap. However, this is not the case for everyone because the type of music is prefered like tastes and colors it is not discussed and it depends on the personality of each. Music can help to think of something else, or to make people happy, to make people feel better. The music transmits more or less strong emotions according to the tastes of each of course. For me, rap is my favorite kind of music. It can be very well written rap with a beautiful story behind, like rap that will allow to ambiancer, to make people dance.

Julien Chaubénit

Back to top Go down

Post by NOUZILLE Jeanne Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:28 am

Music is the art to combine sound. It can be with or without voice.
Music helps to develop the brain, to concentrate, to calm down.
Most of the time, music bring back memories. For exemple during a wedding, there are musics we can’t forget. Moreover, music brings feelings : I am so happy when hear the avengers song or I freak out when there is a scary movie song.
I listen to music every day, in the car, in the bathroom, even when I eat… or some times it helps me to get out of bed.
But music can be more than that : it was used by the "black" population during apartheid and slavery. When I was young, my mother learned me "le chant des cotonniers" that slaves was singing in cotton fields. It gave them hope.

NOUZILLE Jeanne

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesA Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:48 pm

I easily listen to music for 7-8 hours per day, i'm using every free moments I have to listen music, like now, i'm doing homework with music, i'm eating with music, playing, thinking... etc... I can't do anything well without.
I don't speak to anyone about what kind of music I listen because they're really dark, sad, and almost every one speak about doomsday, or sad love story.
Except maybe a group, no one know the rappers i'm listening, and no one would like them because they aren't really famous and they show us the world like it is for true.
If my playlist learn me something that is the fact of the most beatiful words write the saddest story.

JulesA

Back to top Go down

Post by Simon Martinet Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:27 pm

Music is an art, it allows to transmit emotions to people and these emotions are different according to these people.
I listen to music mainly in the morning or during my sport because it allows me to recharge and to be in better shape.
Music allows these emotions to be expressed through a sound that can be heard by all and interpreted differently. Music therefore allows us to change our mentality, our way of thinking and our way of seeing things, to channel a person. She’s got a lot of good stuff, and she’s indispensable to me

Simon Martinet

Back to top Go down

Post by Thibault Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:22 pm

Music is a harmonious or expressive combination of sounds. Art of expressing oneself by sounds according to rules varying according to the epochs and civilizations. Music is made of waves, and they have effects on our body, either physical effects or psychic effects that exceed several factors such as the personality of the listener or the frequency of the sound. Since the last century, researchers have highlighted these effects and allowed them to be used for therapeutic and social purposes. Music therapy, in particular, is a therapy whose main objective is the well-being of the person.

Thibault

Back to top Go down

Post by lassana Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:59 pm

In terms of music I do not forbid anything I can listen to all musical styles even if nowadays young people like me to as musical style dominating the rap. Indeed I grew up with this style, the first album that marked me was from the group assault section that from that moment on I loved had a real crush on rap. But in my jeiunesse I didn’t grow up that with rap indeed my parents listened to a lot of African music so it necessarily influenced my music so I also listen to African music. Recently I also had a crush for an artist who makes pop music it’s called Mura masa it’s a different style but I love a lot as well as the music that moves to dance like the kofee toast sound one of my sounds favorite.

lassana

Back to top Go down

Post by Leane.angot Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:17 pm

Music is an art that's used in different fields.
He can be a support of the dance, an escape, it is also a good way of expression.
Today there is a multitude of musical genres, who can be identified.
For my part i don't have musical preference, if only i listen to more pop, surely because of its mediatization.
Moreover i like as well recent singers for example Ariana Grande, Camila Cabello , Ava Max, Marina kaye than old singers for example George Michael, Sting.

Leane.angot

Back to top Go down

Post by Izak Ibrahim M'sa Tue Oct 15, 2019 12:19 am

I listen lots of music every day. Especially in transports like bus or during a car travel. I listen music in very different context. In sport music make me to give all my energy to be success particularly in basketball. But I can listen music on morning to wake up and begin the day in a good mood. I'm in a very bad mood if I haven't my music when I'm alone because I can't be in my own bubble. I listen different type of music : pop, electro, jazz, reggae, French rap and especially USA rap. USA rap is my favorite type of music. That give me lots of energy to work, to do sport, make me happy it's my favorite type of music by far. And my favorite singers are in USA rap there are Travis Scott, Meek Mill, Drake. I wake up with music and I lull to sleep with music.

Izak Ibrahim M'sa

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:50 am

Jules, an old song, but I like this version from the 80's.

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:51 am

Cosmic prog:

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lydie Maroteix Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:00 am

Music is not only a soundtrack that we listen to or play, it is a therapy, every message, every emotion, every intention has its music perfectly associated with it. Physics allows us to express ourselves, to transmit to others, to make ourselves understood and to help them understand. It is an activity that aims to share, both with others and with ourselves.For my part, I listen to music on a daily basis at least once a day, and vary the genres according to his mood. I also play guitar and ukulele as often as possible according to my free time, one thing is for sure music is a much more important remedy than people want to believe. the only time I avoid listening to music is when I work, because it is complicated for me to listen to music without singing.

Lydie Maroteix

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:05 am

Lydie Maroteix wrote:Music is not only a soundtrack that we listen to or play, it is a therapy, every message, every emotion, every intention has its music perfectly associated with it. Physics allows us to express ourselves, to transmit to others, to make ourselves understood and to help them understand. It is an activity that aims to share, both with others and with ourselves.For my part, I listen to music on a daily basis at least once a day, and vary the genres according to his mood. I also play guitar and ukulele as often as possible according to my free time, one thing is for sure music is a much more important remedy than people want to believe. the only time I avoid listening to music is when I work, because it is complicated for me to listen to music without singing.

Which may be worse for us than for you. Razz
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Rak Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:54 am

Music is for me an arts primary and it'is one of the first hobbies and entertainment of man. The music transmits many emotions and through its different style adapts to the circumstances. It can be a source of motivation when you practice sports, serve to relax the atmosphere or play on moods. About me, I like listening Rap when I practice sports, it motivates me, then to relax or work I like to listen to raggae or casual music. Failing to listen to music after a long day I like playing guitar, it makes me like to escape and think of something else.

Jordan Rak

Back to top Go down

Post by Grondin Tom Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:16 pm

I like music but i do not find it interesting to talk about it. The musics is for me on sides , it is attractive ,it can go up the moral for some person or just give the move to a group , but i think the singer are too idolatrous for what they do.

Grondin Tom

Back to top Go down

Post by Theo Avril Wed Dec 04, 2019 9:16 pm

I listen to a lot of music of different styles and different times. Like American rap, French, Spanish reggae, pop, rock, blues, jazz, classical. I like to listen to the music of many epochs as 60s 70 80. But what I generally listen differs musical style according to my moods. As for example when I'm angry I like to listen to the rapper, when I'm happy I like to listen to gospel. Music helps me mentally for the sport. I like to listen to rock for sport.

Theo Avril

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum