UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

week 6 subject - AI

+19
Gaëtan Morin
Thibaud Denis
Yoann SCHWARTZ
Swann Giraud
Mathieu Lafaurie
Bouviala
Thomas Moreau
Alexia Barraud
lguilb04
Emma LUGOL
Charloote NIORT
lucasanci
Ropied
Maëlle DUBOIS
Pierre-Louis
Théo P.
Paul Kerhoas
dmarti
Admin
23 posters

Go down

week 6 subject - AI Empty week 6 subject - AI

Post by Admin Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:57 pm

Artificial Intelligence. What do you think? Excited? Frightened? Will it replace man or just replace work? What will a world with AI be like?

https://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/what-is-artificial-intelligence-ai/
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

week 6 subject - AI Empty A.I, Diégo

Post by dmarti Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:15 pm

I think artificial intelligence is a very good thing in some areas like facial recognition or smart helpers (for example Google Home). But the rise of A.I, in specific cases, is worrying. Indeed, I find it frightening to imagine a world where intelligent machines would replace man such as in the military field where there would be autonomous weapons. How can we be sure that the machine will not shoot at allies and only shoot at enemies? It’s hard, for me, to be confident about A.I.

dmarti

Back to top Go down

week 6 subject - AI Empty Re: week 6 subject - AI

Post by Paul Kerhoas Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:24 pm

Artificial intelligences are gaining more and more place in today's world. These are machines , computer robots made by the man able To wonder about many problems. But, their "intelligences " are cartesian and mathematical these machines have no sensitivity or emotions they are programme by computer rules. Finally, the film "her" criticizes their false appearances.

Paul Kerhoas

Back to top Go down

week 6 subject - AI Empty AI - Théo P.

Post by Théo P. Tue Oct 15, 2019 3:38 pm

Artificial intelligence has really improved. Nowadays, we can ask questions to Google and he will answer us, there is self-driving cars. AI fascinates as it scares, for example, the novel of Georges Orwell 1984, everyone is watched, everyone is controlled by the cameras. So this is one of the negative points of artificial intelligence, it's very dangerous. But, artificial intelligence may be very useful to help us, for example, for the video games, when you have no one to play with at NBA2K, you can play against the AI of the game.

Théo P.

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre-Louis Tue Oct 15, 2019 7:44 pm

Artificial intelligence helps humanity, it's improving over the years. For a long time , scientists have been working on the development of robots : nowadays, many of them can work instead of human workers, especially in factories.
Last week, I was on Youtube and I noticed that Tesla created a new car, called "model 4". The man who was driving the car was on the highway, but at a given point he has been confronted with work. The car avoids holes and drives between cones by itself with autopilot.
But in my mind, if A.I still evolves over the years, it may be dangerous for us because we are getting dependent. A.I mustn't be a substitute to humans.

Pierre-Louis

Back to top Go down

Post by Maëlle DUBOIS Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:17 pm

Artificial intelligence consists of developing complex computer programs to imitate certain traits of human intelligence.
Artificial intelligence is evolving even though it has existed for some time and at the heart of many debates.
It is at the heart of the debate since some people believe that human intelligence can not be really imitated.

Maëlle DUBOIS

Back to top Go down

week 6 subject - AI Empty AI - Romain

Post by Ropied Thu Oct 17, 2019 2:02 pm

From my point of view, it is difficult to fully trust artificial intelligence. Despite a clear improvement and progress, in some areas, the AI is dangerous for humanity. For example, in the military field where drones replace humaisn for war or machines that would take the place of humans by making them eat, cleaning but also observing the slightest gestures that humans make ... it scares me. On the other hand from a positive point of view, in the field of video games for example, we have the opportunity to play against the AI. Another example, in 1997 Garry Kasparov (world chess champion) bows against the IBM Deep Blue computer and he finds great idea to be able to test against "invincible". From now on, he became a defender of machines and AI.

Ropied

Back to top Go down

Post by lucasanci Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:50 pm

for me, Artificial Intelligence is something that can evolve in the time and with this can help the humans to live better and longer but I also think that AI can have negative point because we cannot controls them and we also don't know them. we don't know what There are able to do or not. I think is a very good innovation but we have to be very prudent with them

lucasanci

Back to top Go down

week 6 subject - AI Empty AI

Post by Charloote NIORT Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:15 pm

Artificial intelligence is a logical continuation of the constant advances of a new technologies. I think it can improve some aspects of our daily life, especially in medical diagnoses. However, it can be "scary" because as many science fiction book and movie tell, it would not be impossible for robots to become smartter than humans and takes over. I think however that is only replace men in their work and not in their entirety. We can dream of a world where we would be dependant on robotics and where the manuals skills would have disparate.

Charloote NIORT

Back to top Go down

week 6 subject - AI Empty AI LUGOL Emma

Post by Emma LUGOL Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:04 pm

I’m going to talk about artificial intelligence, but mainly about the 3D printer. This printer is a big breakhrough in the computer science because you just need to program and print to have a new object or to repair a broken object. But unfortunately the 3D printers can only print plastic objects. Secondly, 1,2 billion people in the world have no proper housing, a revolutionary, low cost use of 3D printers may change this. Two companies have joined to try and ease homelessness by building affordable homes using 3D printing, it will allow to accommodate the poorest which is a positive point for the 3D printer. But unfortunately, 3D printers can also create bad things when they are in the hands of bad people ,anybody might be able to get hold of plans to build firearms. The metal parts have been withdrawn for the weapons, they are undetectable by metal detectors, which can represent a major threat to public safety in places such as airports.
And it will be easier for criminals to destroy them before they are used material evidence, plastic melts easily.
They don't bear any serial number if they are homade so they can be untraceable.
It is very easy for murderers who want to have a gun, it is one of the negative points of the 3D printer.

Emma LUGOL

Back to top Go down

week 6 subject - AI Empty AI

Post by lguilb04 Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:45 pm

Artificial intelligence is increasingly present in our societies. It is classified in the cognitive sciences. Devices such as robots in pharmacies, for example, imitate or replace man in certain applications of his cognitive functions. It is a real asset for man and a great evolution in science because this artificial intelligence makes us more efficient and faster so we are more efficient in the face of the problems encountered. Nevertheless, reality still seems to hold back the artificial intelligence from the performances of the living.

lguilb04

Back to top Go down

Post by Alexia Barraud Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:37 pm

Artificial intelligence is "the set of theories and techniques used to produce machines capable of simulating intelligence". Humanoid robots are examples of machines that simulate intelligence. There are also robots that help surgeons during operations or robots in industrial machines, which are on work chains to facilitate workers'; tasks or to be more efficient. We might wonder if robots that simulate intelligence will not overtake humans in several years.

Alexia Barraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Thomas Moreau Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:15 pm

Artificial intelligence is together theories and techniques developing complex computer programs capable of simulating certain traits of human intelligence (reasoning, learning ...).
For exemple, robots simulate intelligence and facilate the human's work.
It's a subject of actuality.
It's a very good innovation but we don't have results enough.
The subject isn't interesting for me...

Thomas Moreau

Back to top Go down

Post by Bouviala Mon Oct 21, 2019 10:24 am

For me artificial intelligence is the greatest advance of man. Since 1943 there has been an evolution in the artificial intelligence because the men always try to improve what has already been invented. The computer was the first artificial intelligence invented in 1943 and since that year it has only evolved. There was also the same evolution with the phone. And not long ago there was the virtual reality that has further advanced the Man. Now we do not know what will be invented.

Bouviala

Back to top Go down

Post by Mathieu Lafaurie Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:10 am

I think artificial intelligence is a good thing for different point, it can help in daily life in particular for people with disabilities and it’s a big progress for them. But there are still some problems, few month ago, some scientist tried to program 2 machines and make them speak together. The two robots speak few second in the language that scientists ask them to speak but after 15 or 20 seconds, the 2 robots began to invent a new language that only them could understand. So, the scientist just cut the electricity because they didn’t know what to do.
I’m still confused on the subject of AI but maybe in few years it will be a wonderful tool to help human. But we hope it will be only to help a not to replace human…

Mathieu Lafaurie

Back to top Go down

Post by Swann Giraud Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:07 pm

This week, we choose to speak about Artificial Intelligence.
In my opinion, A.I is an important technical breakthough, especially since the creation of computer. Indeed, now a lot of technologies use A.I, because she simplifies human life. For exemple, on Apple product there is "Siri", an A.I who uses voice recognition system in order to perform shares faster. But, I think there is also limits. Indeed, in some companies A.I would replace human power, which would increase the unemployment rate. Moreover, A.I uses our personal information, and it could be dangerous. Always with the example of "Siri", all of our discussions would be recorded. So, despite its advantages, we need to use A.I with precautions. Not to mention that man is more intelligent than machines, because that's him the creator.

Swann Giraud

Back to top Go down

week 6 subject - AI Empty AI, Yoann SCHW

Post by Yoann SCHWARTZ Tue Nov 19, 2019 6:46 pm

I do not necessarily have an opinion on AI, I would just say that I do not think it is necessary to give all powers to robots. I think you have to keep control, it's using human intelligence and emotions to control things. Because a robot stays a program is not likely to answer two questions either yes or no. So he can not balance things and look in the background or think about the situation. As a result, he can make mistakes or act badly (at least not equally according to the individual).

Yoann SCHWARTZ

Back to top Go down

Post by Thibaud Denis Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:04 pm

Artificial intelligence already has an important place in our society today but when will he know in the future.
It is a good thing that it replaces men in difficult physical jobs as work has the factory but if it continues like this is what all trades will be replaced within 30 years by machines with AI.
and we can also wonder if the AI will control the world in the future.

Thibaud Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëtan Morin Sat Nov 23, 2019 5:24 pm

Nowadays numerous technologies evolve very quickly, In particular the artificial intelligence.
Robots even if they are intelligent were creates by the man thus they should not be dangerous. Robots can help us in numerous domains: military, with "robots soldiers ", economic with an increase of the production and finally to improve the living conditions. AI is also very useful in medicine today.
However the IA has defects. Indeed I think that to create an intelligence is not without risks. We delegate more and more to machines, we are dependent. More, machines have no feelings, they will thus be more dangerous than the man.

Gaëtan Morin

Back to top Go down

week 6 subject - AI Empty "I Robot"

Post by Théo Ben Saada Wed Nov 27, 2019 3:50 pm

To talk about artificial intelligence, I'll take as an example the movie "I Robot" feat Will Smith. It is a futuristic science fiction film, in which robots take a very important place in the world. As for example the cleaning were not made robots to help people in difficulty. However one day the robots that until then were controlled by the three laws of robotics that are:
1) A robot cannot harm a human being, nor, by remaining passive, allow a human being to be exposed to danger;
2) a robot must obey orders given to it by a human being, unless such orders conflict with the first law;
3) A robot must protect its existence as long as this protection does not conflict with the first or second law.
These old robots have been replaced by new robots controlled this time by artificial intelligence. It goes too far and wants to replace all humans with robots because it thinks that humans are the cause of the world's problems.

Théo Ben Saada

Back to top Go down

week 6 subject - AI Empty Chris AI

Post by Chris Boutenet Lardy Fri Nov 29, 2019 11:33 am

Artificial intelligence can be a good thing for humans. For example, it is now possible to program your oven or washing machine remotely. This saves time in these spots. However this new form of intelligence jeopardizes jobs in certain activities. This is frightening for our future because it could have record unemployment. We must therefore moderate its evolution for the welfare of society in order to avoid serious crises.

Chris Boutenet Lardy

Back to top Go down

Post by qguyet Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:36 pm

For me artificial intelligence can be a good thing for humans. it can enable science to improve to improve the quality of life of men. Artificial intelligence is often known in the computer world, in computers or even robots. Nevertheless, it is not yet much develop in the world. Robots are the main elements to test artificial intelligence, and it helps to help men in tasks that some do not want to do.

qguyet

Back to top Go down

Post by Bouviala Wed Dec 04, 2019 6:50 pm

Hello, for me I am excited to see how artificial intelligence will still be evolved by Man but in the same way I remain septic in relation to this because we do not know what it can that past. People will be able to take control of artificial intelligences so that it will turn against us, one cannot know how it will happen already science advances very fast and artificial intelligence too .

Bouviala

Back to top Go down

Post by clara ernesto Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:51 pm

In my opinion artificial intelligence is a good thing for differents things. this can replace painful tasks to do and therefore save time (like household robots). Also it can help people in difficulty or even serve to make peogres in the scientific fields to be able to reproduce human reactions like reasoning.

clara ernesto

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum