UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

interesting video to discuss!

+2
AdélaïdeSagnes
Admin
6 posters

Go down

interesting video to discuss! Empty interesting video to discuss!

Post by Admin Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:58 am

Watch this short video clip - it has subtitles - then discuss your thoughts on the matter:

https://www.bbc.com/ideas/videos/the-art-of-privacy-in-the-digital-age/p07qntb4
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

interesting video to discuss! Empty Re: interesting video to discuss!

Post by AdélaïdeSagnes Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:15 pm

Big Brother, is watching you (very good song from Lavilliers)
It’s been a while I’m a little paranoid about the destination of our informations in internet. That’s why I already checked all privacy settings on applications on my phone and computer.

Sometimes, around a discussion about a topic, I go on internet to check more informations, and repeatedly I write one word and they propose me exactly what I wanted to search. I have such an impression that our phones listen us.

Another crazy thing: the localization in snapchat. I have a friend who moved house and I had to go make party to celebrate that. I told him don’t tell me where you live, with snapchat I will find you. I went easy in front of his door…

AdélaïdeSagnes

Back to top Go down

Post by Axelle Fardeau Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:21 pm

This topic is very interesting because we all ask the question "where does our information go?".

All the advice they have mentioned concerning data protection as check the settings, disable the microphone, access to our photos etc.. All this, I already do because I’m a little bit scared what we can do with my informations. Regarding public wifi in train stations, airports or hotels, I never put my credentials. Generally, I stay in 4g because I don’t trust them. In any case, nowadays, we can never change the technology and the information gathering. So we just have to pay attention to what we want to disclose or not disclose especially on social networks cause this is the worst, our every act is observed.

I’ve already heard that instagram listens to us. Apparently, instagram hears our conversations when we allow access to the microphone during the first use and for example when you talk with your friends about a beautiful dress you want to buy in Zara, Instagram hears and when you return to your news feed, you have an ad. about zara’s new colletion. So it ‘s very scary. The only advice I can give is : be vigilant guys !!
Axelle Fardeau
Axelle Fardeau

Back to top Go down

Post by earnau06 Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:33 am

I’m one of those people who, unlike others, don’t really care where my information goes. For example, when I arrive at a site I accept cookies directly, I don’t really pay attention to the settings of my applications, I don’t always think of disconnecting myself, I have the same password for all my accounts and I only change them about once a year.
I'm fully aware that it's dangerous and that if I'm hacked, I lose everything... But I tell myself that my internet practices are so uninteresting that my hacker will be bored and will have nothing to disclose about my topic lol........

But this video makes me realize that maybe it’s time to be a little more careful... So I’m going to change my passwords, thank you Cool

earnau06

Birthday : 1999-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post by carolinemaggi Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:44 pm

It's an interesting video because today digital is everywhere and it's important according to me to ask these questions of security.

First, I liked the term of "ethical hacker", it's quite funny.
I agree with the necessity of a creation a law enforcement intelligence agency. However, I think nowadays big companies have a big influence and a certain power on governments... that makes complicated to guarantee the privacy.
in my opinion, before asking ourselves how to protect our privacy, we should be better informed about this violation  of our information etc.
In addition, it's interesting to learn that just simple things can protect you (as phone settings).
carolinemaggi
carolinemaggi

Back to top Go down

Post by Zaineb Hemandi Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:34 am

Well, Well yes unfortunately we live in a world where the word "privacy" does no longer mean anything; that is a fact. Shocked

The problem is we can't do anything about it. It is almost impossible nowadays to live without a phone, a computer, a credit card, or social media...

So, we are using all of that knowing for sure that our informations are not so private after all. Isn't that insane ? we are our own victims!!

Well, it is the price we pay for technological development. We would better get used to it I think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Zaineb Hemandi

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum