UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dear futur me

+9
Jordan Besson
H.B.A
Chloé Gailledrat
Clarance de Villiers
SALMA FARES
Manon Saroul
Admin
Amelie Trarieux
Léa Aupetit
13 posters

Go down

Dear futur me  Empty Dear futur me

Post by Léa Aupetit Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:38 pm

Yersteday in class we talked about a new project we have to realize by the end of the year: it is about making a video about you in 10 years. In those videos people talk with themselves in the futur and what they want. They explain the wishes they want for them. They advice, tell stories and hopes for their futur life.

I hope you understand the subject, Kids students already know the subject but for Packaging you can go to the youtube channel "mon futur moi" (sorry it's not in English but in french. it may exist in English I don't know).
Then, we could share what we want for our futur (I assume everyone will say mostly the same things like happiness love and stuff).

Is it something that you've already done? writing or filming something you want to re-discover later?
I think it's a great idea to remind us good moments of our lives but also to remember what was our dream and our wishes when we were young in order to think about it again as an a grown-up adult. I think most of the people forget their children's dream but it can be good to do a quick step back in the past for a moment and take time also to think about everything we've done.

I love you

Léa Aupetit

Back to top Go down

Dear futur me  Empty Re: Dear futur me

Post by Amelie Trarieux Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:53 pm

Hi Léa, I love this subject.
I've been meaning to do this kind of video for three weeks now because a friend of mine did it and shares her's with me. Really love the concept but it's actually very hard. I tried to do it but didn't know what to say. I think that the important part for me would be to remind myself of my values, dreams and the entire part about not letting my life driven by money.
Although I believe that in 10 years I'll probably be dropping everything to start a new working life.
Hopefully, as Léa wrote, I'll be happy and surrounded by love.
Amelie Trarieux
Amelie Trarieux

Back to top Go down

Post by Léa Aupetit Thu Nov 21, 2019 2:05 pm

For me doing a video it's really really really hard. I could do it with a letter it would be much easier Smile And as the other Léa said we could to it every 10 years and then show it to our kids and grandkids

Amelie Trarieux wrote:Hi Léa, I love this subject.
I've been meaning to do this kind of video for three weeks now because a friend of mine did it and shares her's with me. Really love the concept but it's actually very hard. I tried to do it but didn't know what to say. I think that the important part for me would be to remind myself of my values, dreams and the entire part about not letting my life driven by money.
Although I believe that in 10 years I'll probably be dropping everything to start a new working life.
Hopefully, as Léa wrote, I'll be happy and surrounded by love.

Léa Aupetit

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:23 pm

Will I be alive in 10 years? Razz

p.s. future
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Manon Saroul Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:42 am

Hi Léa !

Thanks for this subject, I really like it.

I already watched some of it and I agree, for me it is a pretty good idea to do it !

It is a way to clearly think about what do you want to be in 10 years, where do you want to be and so on. I am not a person who's think a lot about future to be honest, I have trouble to project myself. I think that is because I try to enjoy my present, do not think a lot about my past and not a lot about future neither. Despite that, it is a very good way to review of who we are, what our values are, what are the points on which we want to evolve, what kind of life we want... It could be a great thing to do not forget the most important for us and to follow our instinct and our road ! At the opposite, I do not like the fact to have a too clear vision of our future, with a lot of boundaries and a big chance to be frustrated watching our 10 years ago video and realize that our life is not at all what we had expected. So, for me it could be a great thing if you do not close your possibility and just be flexible and open-minded to accept that your future could be really different but not any worse for it. If it is consider as an exercice to have a better self-awareness, it is so interesting ! I am thinking to try to do it, may be not in video format but more in letter form as you Léa !
Hi all, did you already done it ?

I would really like to have your feedbacks about that !

Have a wonderful weekend !

Manon Saroul

Back to top Go down

Post by SALMA FARES Fri Nov 22, 2019 11:38 am

Hi Léa , and everyone,

I think that's it's a very good idea, you know when i was in the primary school ( i think i was 8-9 years old) we had written a letter to the future us, and we put it in a mini shuttle and put it underground in the school garden, i think that the(my school) forgot this shuttle lool beacause between all these years the school has changed a lot of director loool, but i will be very happy to read what i had written long time ago.

I think that i wil be write a letter is better than a video, because if there is a problem in the laptop or in the usb, the video will be deleted!

So i will do it very soon and of curse i will put it in a place where i can find it beacause i forget very fast. Alzheimer is near loooll
SALMA FARES
SALMA FARES

Back to top Go down

Post by Clarance de Villiers Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:33 pm

Hi everybody,
I kind of did this at the beginning of 2019. I was quite depressed after my engineer diploma, because I was lost and didn't know what to do with my life. I didn't make a video though. I wrote a bucket list, but not a bucket list like the ones you can see on the net with "I want to travel to ..." or "I want to go skydiving", you see?
I chose main categories as "my health" and "my way of life" and put every goals I have in these. I think it helps me see beyond this tough year as I was able to project myself in my future life. So, yeah, nice exercise to do! But I wouldn't be comfortable with the video format.
Clarance de Villiers
Clarance de Villiers

Back to top Go down

Post by Chloé Gailledrat Mon Nov 25, 2019 7:12 pm

Hello !
I'm happy to get this homework in class, it's very interesting to ask ourselves about our future and what we can imagine for us. To me, I'm not worried, I'm pretty sure I will have a good job because I'm quite ambitious and I work hard to get what I want. I would be happy If I will have a good job, I see myself doing presentation in front of my collègues, doing marketing strategies for a great brand. I'm really optimist about my future. I just hope I will do a job that I like, it's really important for me. I would like my collègues say about me that I'm reliable, good in my job and someone we can trust when we work with me. The most thing that I'm worried about is relationships ahah I hope I will find a partner in my life, the "One" you know ahah I know I have to be patient for that. In general, I'm excited about the future because I see many good things ^^ I want to travel, see a lot of things, a lot of memories I could share to my family after when I will be aged. To me, Life is a great adventure !
Chloé Gailledrat
Chloé Gailledrat

Back to top Go down

Post by H.B.A Tue Nov 26, 2019 9:47 am

Hello,

It is a very good idea. I am in to make this vidéo. It will be a good memory.
I think that humain being change in the time and progresse if he based on the events that he live and survive.
We shouldn't be focus only on our futur and objectifs, even it is a very good way to improve ourself.
Like MANON said : " I try to enjoy my present, do not think a lot about my past and not a lot about future neither. Despite that, it is a very good way to review of who we are, what our values are, what are the points on which we want to evolve, what kind of life we want..." The past is gone, try just to learn about it. The future is the future, I am not sure that I will be in live. So, We should enjoy every moment of our day and do things that make as happy and feel in life.
Be alive in our life.

Have a good day.
H.B.A
H.B.A

Birthday : 1990-12-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Besson Tue Nov 26, 2019 3:51 pm

Hello everyone,

Wonderful subject ! In ten years I hope politicians will have finish to have an individual thinking. Indeed, our planet is in danger and all citizen must participate to change our traditional system to live together.
I want to participate in those changements and to be a citizen consumer more responsible (for example: eating local, change my habits (buy less clothes...)...)
I have total trust in me to be more responsible and to have the opportunity to be a representant in this field of activity.

Make today and tomorrow great again !
Jordan Besson
Jordan Besson

Birthday : 1997-06-27

Back to top Go down

Post by farah ayedi Tue Nov 26, 2019 11:44 pm

Hello everyone, thank you Léa for sharing this topping, it's really interesting.

For me, I already made, 2 years ago, a video as part of an exam to do in my master's training in Tunisia, and the video was rather professional in which I spoke about my skills and my training but after I spoke about my goals and where and how I see myself in 5 years and especially why these choices. It was really not easy like an exercise especially to make a professional video but also to set and explain long-term goals.
But this exercise allowed me to make a review of my past and choose in the present my future goals. Every time i watch the video i tell myself it's true that there are so many things that have changed since then but i'm still on my way to achieve my goals.
So, I think it's a very good idea to do this exercice also for our personal life, because it helps us to find ourselves in the clutter of our present, to know better where we want to go Wink

farah ayedi
farah ayedi

Birthday : 1995-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post by FLEGEAU PAULINE Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:49 pm

This is very fun topic ! I never really think at me in 10 years… But recently, I clean my room at parent’s place and find some written from me 8 years ago. And It was funny to read this! So why not take video or letter for myself and watch/read in 10 years, will be interesting to see what happens !
FLEGEAU PAULINE
FLEGEAU PAULINE

Back to top Go down

Post by Diana Gashi 1 Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:33 pm

Hello everyone,

This subject can be discussed with anyone, I think. In fact, at some point in our lives, I think we all think about the future, I think the future for some may be a fear, an opportunity, a hope, a chance and for some they live in the present moment without thinking about the future. I think I was like that before I really wanted to know my future, the work I could do or the life I would have, but now I'm just living in the moment and I don't want to know what I'm going to do in 10 years. Life changes a lot, we will never know the paths we will take.
For example, during a job interview, the employee asks often the following question : "How do you see yourself in 10 years?" And I think it's like a useless question because it's good to know what we want to become, but if you're only focused on one thing, maybe you can lose an opportunity in your life and be less open-minded....

But doing a video it's quite funny because you can see it in 10 years and see if you're doing what you've said. With Manon we tried to record one video per day and watch to them when we will be somewhere around the world but this difficult to remember to record that Smile

Have a nice day guysss

Diana Gashi 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Clothilde Pluchart Wed Nov 27, 2019 4:53 pm

Hi everyone,

Lea I really like your subject. When you ask this question in your head, we don't have immediately the answer.

Their things I would like most today are :
- Living in another country for 1 year
- That my dog is eternal unfortunately he will never know it (and I have no desire to replace him even if he is very stubborn)
- Go to all amusement parks especially those in Florida in Orlando (Universal Studios...)
- Being a godmother (to learn a lot of stupid things and my sister tells me I don't understand where he or she learned that)
- Sentimentally speaking nothing (hopefully it's temporary)
- Make my friends as happy as possible (at least help them)
- Remember freedom and the fact that my choices belong to me (because I have no attachment here)

Which I wouldn't like to be in 10 years:
- Married
- No having a dog
- Becoming an old person (in my head)
- To no longer believe in humanity
- Losing my optimism
- Being stuck because of a house and a job

I hope I will read this in 10 years and that I will have realized some of my dreams and that others will come true. Because without dreams life is less fun.

PS: Amélie, thank you for being here and I hope you will stay a long time in my life! I love you
Clothilde Pluchart
Clothilde Pluchart

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down