UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

second semester first topic

+13
Vincent CHOLLET
Julie TORRIANI
Arthur.Crovisier
Lucie Proux
VERRON Hugo
Mathis
Bedon hugo
Damien Bonnoron
Louis ROGER
Pardoux Emma
Elias Elfakhar--Gaillard
Julien Ruiz
Admin
17 posters

Go down

second semester first topic Empty second semester first topic

Post by Admin Tue Jan 07, 2020 4:32 pm

Following our class this week, what do you think are the qualities a person would need to travel in a spaceship to a new planet and then survive once they are there. Do you think that you could survive? thrive? why or why not? What type of people would not be good in this situation? finally if you could take any 2 well known people (1 male/1 female) with you to a new planet who would they be?
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

second semester first topic Empty Re: second semester first topic

Post by Julien Ruiz Thu Jan 09, 2020 4:36 pm

I think a human space colonist has to be polyvalent in a lot of things like personel culture, scientific knowledge,
exploration of his environment. Moreover he has to be social to be gathred with other travelers and helps them to thrive.

I think I can survive, first, thanks to my social abilities with the passengers of the spaceship. I could forging a real comunity in a new place and develop it. But my scientist reasoning and my physical condition could make me survive.

Selfish people would not be good in this situation because nobody can survive alone in space. Even if the person is the best of humans for this mission, mind will break, humans need to live together and share daily achievement.

If I could take 2 people with me to survive and live to a new planet, I wouldn't take well known people, I would take a botanist and an engineer, but before that, I wanna see them work together without others while some months, to test them in conditions.

Julien Ruiz

Back to top Go down

Post by Elias Elfakhar--Gaillard Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:14 pm

We learned last week that planet invader could thrive due to a millionaire.
Someone is important to reinforce solidarity, fraternity & trust in each colonist selves. He si call the priest.

In my point of view the two ones have most chances to survive on a new planet :
- a millionaire
- a scout

The second one was chosen cause he's got capacity of leadership, knowledge in sport education and skills in BBQ !

Elias Elfakhar--Gaillard

Back to top Go down

second semester first topic Empty Spaceship

Post by Pardoux Emma Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:23 pm

In my opinion, a person who want to travel in a spaceship need ta have mutiple skill like in engineering, biology, sociology, education and rescue. Moreover this person must not have only mental but also physical qualities to resist at every type of environnement.
I think I could survive if I still found a task to do. Whithout any goal I think it's difficut to sruvive in an unknown place far from what I have know before.

Dishonest people are not good in this situation because the can produce tension during the spaceship may harm at the security of passenger and the ship.

If I could take only 2 person i choose a fireman and an engineer because the fireman can react to many medical situation and other whereas engineer is useful to repair the ship and later improve the comfort of the population on the new planet.

Pardoux Emma

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis ROGER Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:14 pm

I think that to be able to live on a new planet, you have to be
versatile, have different knowledge, be brave, and have certain physical skills.
Honestly i don't think i can survive if i'm alone, because I don't have enough knowledge to create a habitat or find something new to feed and protect myself. However if I am well supported I think it would be possible.

People who would not be good in this situation are people who are too fearful or people who thinks they know everything but who know nothing.

I would take an explorer like mike horn, because he knows a lot about survival because he has already explored unknown places. And a great scientist because it could help us to do studies in order to know more about the planet and to do tests in order to know what is edible or not.

Louis ROGER

Back to top Go down

Post by Damien Bonnoron Tue Jan 14, 2020 7:00 pm

In order to travel in a spaceship you have to keep calm in all situations, one must have to got some of knowledge to survive in this spaceship , to be able to repair it and to cope with unforeseen events. Apart from that, the person who begins this adventure must be physically prepared for the journey and must maintain physical activity because of the constant weightlessness. The individual must not be claustrophobic because of the small space of freedom he has in the spaceship .
If this journey is necessary for my survival I think I am able to live in a spaceship, and even if i didn’t have enough space for freedom, it will be necessary to adapt, this is only temporary.

So, dishonest and bad peoples are not good in this situation.

The purpose of this journey is to recreate life on another planet or rather to transfer to another planet the human species and to conserve it.
It will be useful to have with me experienced scientists.

Damien Bonnoron

Back to top Go down

Post by Bedon hugo Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:00 am

For me, there are only few persons who can travel in a spaceship and recreate a new world. But for this little parts of people i think that they must be in a good health, in a good shape, intellelligent, courageous, but principally they must always have self control because there must probably be a lot of complicated situations and hey must be able to act intelligently without acting without reflection.
I love the adventure but i think that is very very complicated and i don’t have enough knowledge to do a mission like that. And i also don’t have the legitimacy to do that.
If i must take only two persons i will chose an astronaut because he know what to do and he is prepare to travel in space. And a scientist because he can try to repopulate and remake new things in an other planet.

Bedon hugo

Back to top Go down

second semester first topic Empty Space ship travel

Post by Mathis Wed Jan 15, 2020 12:48 am

First, I think that in order to go on a spaceship and survive on another planet, you have to be extremely brave first. In addition, one must, of course, have useful scientific knowledge in order to be able to survive. I think that the person concerned must be very intelligent and cultivated because it is he, accompanied by others, who will teach and educate future generations, which is a major issue! In addition, this person must be sane, objective, healthy and also generous. Personally, I think that I will only be able to survive if I am surrounded by the right people because I will not be of much help given my skills. In this kind of situation, I think that people who are careless, selfish, "dangerous", manipulative or not open-minded will only be a problem and should be avoided. Personally, I would take a recognized physicist and scientist and a recognized mathematician too.

Mathis

Back to top Go down

Post by VERRON Hugo Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:44 am

Living on a new planet on which no one is yet to go does not meet me in confidence because I have no idea how life is going to happen on does not know the ecosystem.
If this planet is livable on can create government and command together and make decisions together.
The people who are going to want to command and take the leadership are not required because it is a cause of these people that the groups separate and go to war if everyone lives in joy and good humor I think life on this new planet should be possible.
I would take the millionaire so that I could recreate the economy without money the world cannot turn.
I would also take the scientist because it was necessary to do some research on the condition of life on the new planet.

VERRON Hugo

Back to top Go down

Post by Lucie Proux Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:51 am

I think to survive it's necessary to have a lot of qualities like a courage, it's necessary to be young but not a lot. He must have specifics skills and a lot of experience.
I was a nurse of 32 years old, I think I must survive because since the start of my experience I saw a lot of things and I'm capable to detect a lot of diseases.
Moreover, the doctor it's a criminal man and he can kill other people, it's dangerous!

I keep engeneer pregnant wife because it's two people in one. And the genius because he have a lot of good ideas!!

Lucie Proux

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur.Crovisier Wed Jan 15, 2020 8:53 am

In my opinion, to go into space, people must not be individualistic, they must think of the survival of the group first. But they also need to have very good intellectual skills. To be able to feed themselves, for example, they need engineers, scientists in priority.

Arthur.Crovisier

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie TORRIANI Wed Jan 15, 2020 9:49 am

For me, to be able to travel to a new planet, you must have courage and not be individual because you will have to rebuild a new life, new homes. You have to be social to get along with everyone to be able to build a new world.
If I leave on another planet I will leave with Albert Einstein, because he has great ideas and he is very intelligent. I will also be leaving with Marie Curie because she is a doctor who could save our lives if we have an illness.

Julie TORRIANI

Back to top Go down

Post by Vincent CHOLLET Wed Jan 15, 2020 11:43 am

The qualities required to travel in space are mental and physical qualities such as sociology, biology, rescue, intelligence, being versatile, patience because time is long and we cannot do everything we wants.
In this situation I think that grumpy, dishonest people, with a bad temper or who are not in the joy of life can put an unpleasant tension.
If I had to take people with me it would be an engineer and scientist because if there was a breakdown or an idea for the spacecraft it would be very useful to us.

Vincent CHOLLET

Back to top Go down

Post by Anthony Lopez Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:46 am

For me the qualities that a person must have to travel in space and be able to survive are first of all the fact of knowing how to live in community so that the trip takes place in the best possible conditions. Then this person has to be able to fend for himself because there won't always be someone behind him. And finally it must be a positive mind so that it remains motivated and ambitious of this new adventure.
I think I can carry out this type of adventure, I have different skills which could make me useful during travel and even during survival. Thanks to my training as firefighters I could perform all the first aid gestures, as well as to secure the ship as much as possible in order to avoid fires. In addition to that I could animate the occupants of the ship through different games due to our training of STAPS which are not the last to invent games.
For me the people who should be avoided during these trips are people who can create movements of panic or doubt with other people because of their doubtful past or so because mentally they are not ready for this type of trip , because if a person starts to depress it is a snowball effect that takes on all the occupants of the ship.
I think for men either I take mike horn for the survival side if we discover a planet because he has an incredible survival experience or so I bring N'golo Kanté for his good humor and for the fact that he relativizes a lot and takes advantage of the present moment he can have an important role in keeping a good collective mood.
And as for the women I think I would choose Emma Watson like that all the men will have the morale by seeing her and that will give them the occupation tried to seduce her, and then if ever we have any worries we will be able ask her to do a magic trick with her wand like in Harry Potter.

Anthony Lopez

Back to top Go down

Post by Coline Thouvenin Fri Jan 17, 2020 2:14 pm

I think that a person would travel in a spaceship need to be useful for the new world. For example, a scientist, a teacher, a engineer could be useful to teach things to the new population. In addition, I think that a person would travel in a spaceship could be young because this kind of travel couldd be very long. To survive, we need to have with us a scout because he knows how to survive in a unknow nature.
If I have the right to chose 2 peoples to come with me, I will definitively choose a teacher and an engineer to help me to build a new world.

Coline Thouvenin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rafaël Delafond Mon Jan 20, 2020 9:14 pm

Well, looks like I'm a bit late here but no a big deal Very Happy . So in this really specific situation if i choose to answer seriously, I would say that to send someone into space with the intention of colonizing a planet, we would need someone fearless, smart, not too young or too old. If I was able to choose 2 people to go with me, I would choose an engineer and I would let the engineer choose what he need. In a place as dangerous as space, I will not survive very long or will not be very useful. To colonize a planet, what could I do ? Maybe some plantation if possible and if i learn well during the travel for the planet. Don't choose me first to colonize a brand new planet, I'll wait few years and then come Smile

Rafaël Delafond

Back to top Go down

Post by theo Binchet Tue Jan 21, 2020 12:13 pm

If, one day I had to take only one person with me on another planet. I will take with me a woman and more particularly a woman doctor because together we could give a second life to the other planet then if I fall ill she will be there to save me. In addition I would take with me an engineer so that we can build lots of things like a house ... Then he could save us during our space trip.

theo Binchet

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum