UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

s2 w6 The best city in France

+11
Géré Calvin
magat
Arthur MARCHAU
LORENZI Emma
Julien Asselin
Antoine Renoux
Zoe GALEA
léatramblé
bromae
Melvin Fleuret
Admin
15 posters

Go down

s2 w6 The best city in France Empty s2 w6 The best city in France

Post by Admin Mon Feb 10, 2020 1:59 pm

s2 w6 The best city in France 2Q==

s2 w6 The best city in France Soulac-sur-Mer_49218_Soulac-en-1982

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

s2 w6 The best city in France Empty Re: s2 w6 The best city in France

Post by Melvin Fleuret Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:40 pm

I don't really know what is the best city in France because I don't often travel. I think my favorite city is Portet-sur-Garonne ( near of Toulouse ). That's the living place of my father so I go here at every vacation.
At Portet, you have an industrial place with lot of shop. Not so far, the dowtown who is really quiet and cute, and between these two big green area ( a garden in fact ) with a little lake. That's really peaceful.

Melvin Fleuret

Birthday : 2001-07-05

Back to top Go down

Post by bromae Mon Feb 10, 2020 5:32 pm

Hello!
my favorite city to me is Soorts-Hossegor! Especially in summer!!
Soorts-Hossegor is a French commune located in the Landes department in the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region.
It is famous for its surf spots, such as the Gravière.

At its inception, it attracted a wealthy clientele, mainly from the literary and intellectual world of Paris, a few years before the introduction of paid holidays in France. One of the first to make it his vacation spot was the writer J.-H. Rosny Jeune in 1903, followed by Paul Margueritte in 1909. Other personalities followed suit, like Charles Derennes in 1913, then Maxime Leroy, Gaston Chérau, Pierre Benoit, Tristan Derème or even Léon Blum before 1920. The regionalist writer Serge Barranx will help to create the myth of a “literary school in Hossegor” in his book Nos Landes6, published in 1927. After the Second World War, the attendance will mainly be the fact of the bourgeoisie of the great Southwest and of Paris , combining industrialists, academics and doctors.

Every year, at the end of September, the biggest surfers in the world meet up on the spots in Hossegor to compete in a test which counts for the pro world championships: Quiksilver Pro France. The French Surf Federation has chosen to locate its headquarters in Hossegor.
Another event of the resort takes place during Easter weekend, it is a "surf spirit" clothing sale; more than 100,000 people find themselves in the artisanal area where the European headquarters of brands like Rip Curl and Billabong are located. In January, Hossegor's enduro allows 300 bikers to compete on the huge sandy beach, cleaned all year by municipal services.
Each summer also takes place the Landes Golf Grand Prix on the Hossegor golf course, the first weekend in August, where each year the best French and Spanish players compete. The Hossegor Golf Club is in the first national division in both men's and women's golf.

bromae

Back to top Go down

Post by léatramblé Mon Feb 10, 2020 7:53 pm

Hi!!! Smile
My favorite city is Hossegor. It is a very dynamic city in summer, it is hot, the weather is good, the Landes are very welcoming and all in a good mood. It is a city where I happen to go there very frequently especially during the Quiksilver and Roxy Pro, a CT surfing competition. Great surfers are welcomed on the Culs-Nus spot, a spot renowned for its often perfect waves. End of December also takes place a motorcycle race where my father and my brother are delighted to participate and see the other categories, it is a sand race in Capbreton called "La Ronde des Sables". At the beginning of April, the Hossegor clearance sale takes place, it is a huge clearance sale where many surf brands are gathered to sell unsold products and old collections at much more convenient prices. This sale takes place at the headquarters of the main surf and skate brands such as Billabong, Rip Curl or Hurley. It's been two years now that each summer with my friends we go a week or two to Hossegor and around to surf, sunbathe eat big burgers, and go out! The good life is assured in Les Landes. lol!

léatramblé

Back to top Go down

Post by Zoe GALEA Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:29 pm

The best city in France is, without arguing, Rochefort-sur-mer in Charente-Maritime. It is a medium-sized city near the Atlantic Ocean. We can find a cinema, a bowling, a trampoline parc, an adventure parc called « Accro-Mâts », the « Hermione » which is a big former ship. It is also well served by bus and train and during the summer there is some festivals like the « Stereoparc ».
Another advantage is that it is 30 minutes from the island of Oléron. This is the island where I spend a large part of my summer surfing, biking and having parties on the beach.
In reality I said that because it is my city but I prefer lots of others cities in France like Biscarosse, Paris, Chamonix...

Zoe GALEA

Back to top Go down

Post by Antoine Renoux Sun Feb 16, 2020 12:13 pm

In my opinion the best city is Paris! I am obliged to say that because my girlfriend is next to me and when she read the topic she said "be carful to what you are about to say"... So I will try to find some advantages which permitted to me to say Paris is the best city in France and also in the world. In Paris you have greats places like the Eiffel Tower, the triumphal arch, the Sacré Coeur, Montmartre, the Trocadero, the Concorde etc... In Paris all is around you so if you need to buy something you have just to get down your apartment and go in a supermarket 300m further. Same for cinema, take a drink or hang out because in Paris there are a lot of parks or places to walk. To continue in Paris there is the subway and it's so useful because have a car in this city it is impossible so take the subway is the best issue to go all around the city. In Paris there are many district with different architecture and ambiences. For exemple if you walk around the 16th district you can see a lot of luxury cars or beautiful apartment. To conclude Paris is the city of love and even if my girlfriend was next to me and obliged me to say Paris I really think Paris is the best city of France.

Antoine Renoux

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Asselin Sun Feb 16, 2020 3:14 pm

For me, the best city in France is Nice, in the Alpes-Maritimes. I lived there until I was 7, and I would have liked to live there more time. In summer, Nice has a population (with tourists) which is around one million inhabitants, while the original city has only 300,000 inhabitants (municipal population).
the city has the most beautiful coastline with "the English walk". Every year, it welcomes about 4 million tourists

Julien Asselin

Back to top Go down

Post by LORENZI Emma Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:07 pm

It’s obvious that the best city of France is Saujon. Saujon is a lovely city near Royan, in Charente-Maritime. Saujon is famous for the thermal baths (unfortunatly, 3 persons died recently in there because of a bacterium). Saujon is also famous for the abundant retirement homes in the city.
But, for the few young Saujonais, there is a great wake park with some water game.
And like in all town, you have shops (you can find slippers called Chatentaise : great for the style).
In that way, saujon is the best city of France.

LORENZI Emma

Back to top Go down

Post by Arthur MARCHAU Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:53 pm

Hey mens, for me the best city in France is definitely Tours in the department of Indre et Loire. Tours is an incredible city, big but not too big. Everyone wants to go to Tours so its cool. The people are naturally friendly and it is a very dynamic city. My last argument to prove that Tours is the best city is that in Tours, goat's cheese is amazing! It is called "sainte-maure" and it is found only in the departement of Indre-et-Loire because "sainte-maure-de-Touraine" is a city of Touraine. John, come to Tours! 😉

Arthur MARCHAU

Back to top Go down

Post by magat Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:41 pm

The best city in France need to be beautiful, for me the "city" the most beautiful it's Brizambourg or again "Brizambourg city" for the regulars, it a beautiful city with a beautiful school in particular the gate of the school, it's my father who do it, at Brizambourg you have a beautiful square with nothing, you also have a park for children next of the magnificent stade of Brizambourg with nothing next, like no residential, and you have the most famous bakery from the neighborhood, lot of people go in this bakery i am sure about the baker was multimillionaire and can buy a ferrari. And next of this bakery you have lot of market like the "coop" or again an florist but most important you can wash your car and that not nothing in particulary when you don't have car.

magat

Back to top Go down

Post by Géré Calvin Sun Feb 16, 2020 11:59 pm

The best city is Rochefort in Charente-Maritime It's a medium-sized city where you can do some activities as a bowling, a trampoline parc,  a cinema, visit the " Hermione " old ship that was rebuilt in Rochefort.
there are also, quite close, many beach or go : as the island of Oléron, Fouras, Chatelaillon......
I don't know what is the best city in France because I don't often travel that's why I talked about my own city.

Géré Calvin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hugo Wannepain Mon Feb 17, 2020 12:19 am

The best city is Lens because my parents and my little brother are born in Lens in Nord-Pas de calais. This is the best city because there is the Louvre Lens, the little museum of the Louvre in Paris. There is also the best french club of football in France, with the most beautiful public of the world. There is also all the mines and the museum of the miners, which gave the nickname of blood and gold to the Racing Club of Lens.

Hugo Wannepain

Back to top Go down

Post by Fichot Timothé Mon Feb 17, 2020 9:39 am

For me, the best city in France is Bordeaux. Indeed, for me this city has many positive points. For starters, Bordeaux is one of the largest cities in France, it has means of transport such as the tram which are very practical for getting around and which save citizens a lot of money because it allows them to keep petrol for their car. Thereafter, Bordeaux is also known for its immense quays near the Gironde, which gives us a superb view when we walk. But also, Bordeaux has a lot of stores, we can find everything we want in the rue St Catherine which has a lot of stores. But also, we can party as we wish in Bordeaux, and this is the most important.

Fichot Timothé

Back to top Go down

Post by gbillaud Mon Feb 17, 2020 10:39 am

Hi ! for me the best city in France is Marseille, which is located in the south of France. It is a city where it is always hot, where people are of a good mentality for me, they do not do not take the head and are in a good mood. more have there find a magnificent place where you can swim in the summer like the creeks where the water is transparent. It is a special atmosphere meaning on vacation all year round.Moreover it is an attractive city one can find there the team of marseille (OM) which evolves in league 1 which gather many people and finally it is a tourist city where people come to spend their holidays there!

gbillaud

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathael Michelon Tue Feb 18, 2020 1:12 pm

I’d say it’s La Rochelle. First, because I’ve lived there since I was a little, and second, because this town has a lot of advantages, like the micro climate. Summers are lime and winters are sweet. Next, it is a town that is located by the sea, so many beaches not far from La Rochelle as at Châtelaillon-Plage, Ile de Ré... There are enough shops for different tastes of each one as well as ease of travel in the city. It is a sunny and quiet city. And for the location of this city : La Rochelle is a coastal town in the south-west of France and the prefecture of the Charente-Maritime department. It has been a fishing and commercial centre since the twelfth century, a maritime tradition that is reflected in its Old Port and its huge state-of-the-art marina

Nathael Michelon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down