UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

s2 w3 The Oscars/Cinema

+34
Mathis Hayet
Enzo Bourgeaux
Hugo Seguin
PELLADEAUD Kilian
Fusiller Simon
Maria Caulot
margotgregoire
Marcuccini Luigi
Corentin FAITY
Adrien PLANET
BEGUE simon
Lemarquis Mathis
Léoauguin
Valentin Delias
grammont.theo
Gaspard Pouzin
Julien Causeur
Tom Régnier
Nicolas Jakow
R naceri
Charlotte Denis
djibril17
Pierre Bonnefont
thibault maret
Vince Lepine
Léo Meirinhos
diogocalheirosantamarinha
julien blay
Charlie vieira
Nathan Raveraud
Ribault Geoffrey
Louis XVI
Pierrick
Admin
38 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

s2 w3 The Oscars/Cinema Empty s2 w3 The Oscars/Cinema

Post by Admin Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:29 pm

s2 w3 The Oscars/Cinema 9k=
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

s2 w3 The Oscars/Cinema Empty Re: s2 w3 The Oscars/Cinema

Post by Pierrick Tue Feb 11, 2020 5:38 pm

I never see a ceremony of oscars I just know one french men had a recompens it's this grate actor Jean Dujardin. but i think if i have the opportunity or the time to see this ceremony i will like that.

Pierrick

Back to top Go down

Post by Louis XVI Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:00 pm

There is a lot of surf moovie. Some of them are shorter and will call them « raw clip » and the duration of them is not more than 5 minutes. The fiction like point break is not real one but it is a great moovie. The moovie like « the shallow » is a fucking shame because they used the shark who will become the fear of some of many people who will hate it and being persecuted. They don’t have the luck to be cute but he did nothing and he only eat turtles and fish, not human, every humans who will ate by them are rare accidents. The real surf moovies are made by surfer and seems like a documentary. One of the best of them i found is made from a surfer called John John Florence and the title of this one is « view from a blue moon ». I don’t expect that you will watch it cause for someone who don’t surfing this is hard to watch but this one speak about his vision of the world, the destinations what he like and do the a world tour in this one. There is great landscape pictures and surf sessions with fantastics manouvrers.

Louis XVI

Back to top Go down

Post by Ribault Geoffrey Tue Feb 11, 2020 11:29 pm

Cinema is actually one of the greatest art in the world. There are worlwide known movies and sagas like the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Forrest Gump, Titanic and so forth. We can notice two important parts in a movie : the acting and the special effects (even though these last ones are less important according to me). Then, when a movie is judged as a good one, it can aim for an oscar which is delivered by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (AMPAS).
I don't really watch a lot of movies but this year, Joker shocked me with its scenario. Throughout this film we assist at scenes full of madness, we feel uncomfortable but that fully absorb us. I really enjoyed this film which is also a good way to question human behaviours and the society.

Ribault Geoffrey

Back to top Go down

Post by Nathan Raveraud Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:16 pm

I like cinema a lot despite that I have not watched a lot of movies. My favorite style of movie is science-fiction movies like stars wars, lord of the ring, alien...
This year my favorite movie was parasite,a corean movie that relate the story of a poor family trying to infiltrate a rich family by working for them. The movie is awesome, it's full a unexpected plot twist and it make the spectator think. I know that he got the "palme d'or" of the festival de canne but by doing researchs I found out that it was the movie with more oscars win (4 oscars).

Nathan Raveraud

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlie vieira Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:54 pm

The Oscars night was marked by an award ceremony for best film. The award is initially awarded to the film before the prize is awarded to the film's producers, following an envelope reversal. Several actors were nominated this evening to finally offer the Oscar to the person who produced the best film of the year. This is not made of votes.

Charlie vieira

Back to top Go down

Post by julien blay Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:59 pm

The Oscars allow the best films of the year to be rewarded. It is since 1929 that the Oscars take place and the first time was in Los Angeles. I think Moonlight was the one who was rewarded. I'm not really interested in film, it's not my favorite hobby and I very rarely watch movies.

julien blay

Back to top Go down

Post by diogocalheirosantamarinha Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:11 pm

I think cinema is my favourite art as well as music, I think cinema is a great way of entertainment and a good way of telling stories. I don’t watch the Oscars ceremony because every year it is late, and I have school the next day, but I would like to watch it. This year for me 1917 was the best film and Joachim phoenix the best actor in the main role. 1917 didn’t won but Joachim Phoenix won so It made me quite happy. I think cinema is my favourite art as well as music, I think cinema is a great way of entertainment and a good way of telling stories. My favourite movies are Rocky, Pulp Fiction and Scarface. I love the films from the 70’s, 80’s and 90’s and I think recently we had lots of good films but in another hand there are too many film who are not very good and don’t let a good memory like the old films did back in the day

diogocalheirosantamarinha

Back to top Go down

Post by Léo Meirinhos Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:13 pm

The oscars are ceremony for the cinema. They vote for the best film, the best actor/actress in a leading role or the best actor/actress in a supporting role. This year was the 92th ceremony. This year the best film is "Parasite". During the ceremony, there is Eminem who as singing an old music of him. This is a beautiful moment. But I don't see the ceremony because, for me It's not interesting.

Léo Meirinhos

Back to top Go down

Post by Vince Lepine Wed Feb 12, 2020 4:52 pm

Hello, television for me is very important i watch it very often but the oscars is retransmitted very late like NBA and because it's very late i have never see one oscar ceremony. And in addition i'm not very interest by the cinema and the price for the actor it's why i have never see this ceremony.

Vince Lepine

Back to top Go down

Post by thibault maret Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:12 pm

I hadn't seen any oscars's ceremony. and for me, whereas it's a "token" of quality, It don't make part of my condition. For me, there are films who didn't have any oscars, and are better than certains who have one.
I don't see a lot of films. Excluding Harry Potter that I know every thing, it's generaly comedy or in link with space.
Ma favorite film for the moment, is Interstellar. It's a very long film, 2h49min. But it's a beautiful film, for images, and also for tracksound. They were composed by Hans Zimmer. I watch a lot of film where he made the sound track. He produced the sound track of "Le roi lion", "Gladiator", "Inception", "Mission Impossible", and also "Pirate des caraïbes". Those tracks are beautiful to listen.

thibault maret

Back to top Go down

Post by Pierre Bonnefont Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:33 am

I did some research because I don't know much about this ceremony and I have found that the simple manufacturing cost of the Oscar statuette is $18,000, although no actual figures have been released. In 1999 the Oscar by producer David O. Selznick was sold for $1.5 million.
The 2014 ceremony was watched by 43 million people in the US, the largest audience in a decade. Due to metal shortages during World War II, the Oscar statuettes were made of plaster for three years.
The design of the Oscar statuette is a representation of a knight standing on a film reel and holding a sword.

Pierre Bonnefont

Back to top Go down

Post by djibril17 Fri Feb 14, 2020 6:58 am

I dont really like ceremony so im not going to debate about the Oscars. But i know that the principal actor in the movie "Joker" is winner. His name is Joachin Phoenix. I think he deserved it because he have done a very good things in the film and i think that's why the movie worked so well.
Moreover i really like cinema in my opinion it's a good way to spend freetime with friends or even family. It can be also a place for a date. Who don't like cinema ? No one.

djibril17

Back to top Go down

Post by Charlotte Denis Fri Feb 14, 2020 11:58 am

I've never seen an oscar ceremony but i've seen some scenes/part of retransmission on social networks and it looks very nice to watch and i think it's a good thing that the work of actors is rewarded because behind the "best actor" , or "the best movie ",it hides a lot of work in the backstages. So that's why i think it's a good thing.

Charlotte Denis

Back to top Go down

Post by R naceri Fri Feb 14, 2020 1:46 pm

An Oscar is the most important award for cinematographic performances. This award has been presented annually in Los Angeles since 1929. There is only one French film that was rewarded at this ceremony, it's The Artists with the actor Jean Dujardin. Oscars also serve to define the salary of each trade in the cinema to avoid claims. I never see this ceremony in reality, but I think it's a big evenement with lot of people and personality.

R naceri

Back to top Go down

Post by Nicolas Jakow Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:59 pm

Hi, today the oscars, it was my idea, the best one ! I couldn't see the ceremonie but I saw the replay and the best moments of it ! Indeed, seventeen years after that he received his oscars for his movie "8 miles" Eminem did a masterclass with his great song "Lose yourself", it was fantastic ! After, Joaquin Phoenix received the oscar of the best actor for his role in "Joker" and did a wonderful speech where he talked about the protection of animals, homophobia and the racism in the world and in the cinema... It's really a big man and a big actor ! After, Brad Pitt received the oscar of the best supporting role with his awesome performance in "Once Upon A Time In Hollywood" in Cliff Booth. I loved his character in that movie ! Finally, the singer Billie Ellish sang "Yesterday" of The Beatles in memoriam of all the person who died this year in the cinema industry and also for Kobe Bryant...

Nicolas Jakow

Back to top Go down

Post by Tom Régnier Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:40 am

Hi John ! I love watch films and movies but I don't really care about the oscar's ceremony / Cesar / or Cannes's Festival, because for me decided who is the best actor is very subjective and ther is many wonderful actors / actress who didn't won any oscar (Jhonny Depp / Robert Downey Jr / ...). I saw the joker and Joaquin Phoenix's performance, it was breathtaking and for me he deserve his oscar but I think many other deserve one. But it like all others ceremonies like ballon d'or in football, where Messi won but Van Dijk and Mane could won it to.
Tom Régnier
Tom Régnier

Back to top Go down

Post by Julien Causeur Sun Feb 16, 2020 10:59 am

Hi John,
I love watching movies but I never watch an Oscar ceremony because I’m not really interested. This year, one of the best movies I’ve seen is the Joker. It’s really an incredible film and the actor "Joaquin Phoenix" is absolutely magical in his role. His performance in the film is incredible, he’s the perfect actor for this role. It seems to me that he received one or more Oscars for his role.

Julien Causeur

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaspard Pouzin Sun Feb 16, 2020 4:12 pm

Hi Johny
I never seen a ceremony of oscars because it's very borring, but i love watch many movies with my tv or my pc. I front of fantasti world  in cinema because i travel,i dream, for example for me peter jackson or ridley scott are the most filmaker. Also tarantino is is crazy with the last movie once open a time unbelievable. But we must not forget that one of the most Oscar-winning films is the lords of the rings the return of the king(11) and that it's incredible and historic

Gaspard Pouzin

Back to top Go down

Post by grammont.theo Mon Feb 17, 2020 11:28 am

I didn't follow this year's Oscars. But I think this year's best actor goes to the man who plays the Joker in the film released in 2019. I actually saw this film in October with my cousin and my grandmother, a film long at the beginning but still incredible. I understand perfectly and I think it's legitimate that this trophy belongs to him, it is far too strong in his role. I really hope that a sequel with this actor will be released soon. Apart from the Oscar for this actor who is also called Joaquin Phoenix, I'm not sure what other stars have received an Oscar. I didn't look too much at it.

grammont.theo

Back to top Go down

Post by Valentin Delias Mon Feb 17, 2020 1:51 pm

I have never seen an oscar ceremony but I think it’s a good thing because this allows actor to be rewarded for their work. Indeed, this ceremony takes place every year and this year it took place in Los Angeles. The best film was « Parasite », a film of Kwak Sin-ae and Bong Joon-ho. We can also see that the best original song was « I’m Gonna, Love me again ». I will try next year to follow this ceremony.

Valentin Delias

Back to top Go down

Post by Léoauguin Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:18 pm

Hey, John, I really don’t watch movies that come out at the movies, so I can’t really talk to you about the Oscars... But I know that the French film "Intouchable" received it when it was released.

Léoauguin

Back to top Go down

s2 w3 The Oscars/Cinema Empty The Oscars

Post by Lemarquis Mathis Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:38 pm

The 1st Cinema Oscars ceremony took place on May 16, 1929 during a private dinner at the Hotel Roosevelt in Hollywood, in front of about 250 people. It rewarded the films released between August 1, 1927 and July 31, 1928.
The Oscars of the cinema are American cinematographic awards given each year in Los Angeles and intended to salute the excellence of American and international cinema productions. The attribution of these distinctions in the fields chosen to represent the professions of cinematographic creation is organized, managed and directed by the professional association Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.
The awards are given to films and to the people who intervene and contribute, in the eyes of the Academy, to the best achievements, works and artistic works of the past year. If this competition is open to films from around the world from the moment they are distributed in Los Angeles County the year before the ceremony, it is above all a celebration of the Hollywood industry. As a result, it almost systematically honors American and English-speaking films: there has only been an Oscar for best film in a foreign language since the end of the Second World War.

Lemarquis Mathis

Back to top Go down

s2 w3 The Oscars/Cinema Empty Oscars

Post by BEGUE simon Mon Feb 17, 2020 4:49 pm

It is a great reward. I just don't know how they do the classification. And there is so many oscars for every type of cinema. I don't understand how this is judged. It might be some corruption, with contract or money that the public can't see. In this showbizz, everything appear strange to me. But once i was agree about an oscar : it was the one that Omar sy won for the moovie "les intouchables". It is a wonderfull film, who talk about the life of a rich personn disable, and a poor person with a very good health condition. It's a really well-made and well-written film. So i was happy for Omar. But i didn't understand how he win it !

BEGUE simon

Back to top Go down

Post by Adrien PLANET Mon Feb 17, 2020 7:35 pm

Hey John, I want to talk about one movie in particular, Toy Story 4 which won one oscar for the best animated comedy.
Toy Story 4 is a 2019 American computer-animated comedy film produced by Pixar Animation Studios for Walt Disney Pictures. I choose this one because according to me it's a very good sequel. Often i'm disappointed by the film's sequel and here i was surprised .

Adrien PLANET

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next