UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

getting old

+5
LucasWDM
Admin
baptistebordron
sroesler
Hugo Pasquier
9 posters

Go down

getting old Empty getting old

Post by Hugo Pasquier Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:06 pm

Are you afraid about getting old? Tell us here.

Hugo Pasquier

Back to top Go down

getting old Empty Re: getting old

Post by Hugo Pasquier Tue Feb 18, 2020 12:08 pm

Aging or ageing is the process of becoming older. The term refers especially to human beings, many animals, and fungi, whereas for example bacteria, perennial plants and some simple animals are potentially biologically immortal. In the broader sense, aging can refer to single cells within an organism which have ceased dividingor to the population of a species .

In humans, aging represents the accumulation of changes in a human being over time, encompassing physical, psychological, and social changes. Reaction time, for example, may slow with age, while knowledge of world events and wisdom may expand. Aging is among the greatest known risk factors for most human diseases: of the roughly 150,000 people who die each day across the globe, about two thirds die from age-related causes.

The causes of aging are uncertain; current theories are assigned to the damage concept, whereby the accumulation of damage may cause biological systems to fail, or to the programmed aging concept, whereby internal processes may cause aging. Programmed aging should not be confused with programmed cell death .

Hugo Pasquier

Back to top Go down

Post by sroesler Wed Feb 19, 2020 6:54 pm

Hey mister Cox tell us too your opinion about getting old. (I'm joking of course...). I'm only 19 i'm not really old, i'm not scare to be old later. I'm hurry and not hurry also. I will explain. I'm hury to stop be nervous because of study and i want to be calm with my wife my family my house, my job. I like to have routine, it's relaxing. But i'm not hurry because maybe in the futur my life will become bad or sad. While i'm happy in my every day life. So because i don't now the futur i'm hurry if it's a good futur but if not i'm not hurry. However I'm sure in 10 or 20 years I will keep a children part in myself because it's life is very sad if you don't laught or play like a kid....

sroesler

Back to top Go down

Post by baptistebordron Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:03 pm

I’m not inspired by this subject because we are young peole and we must not already think about this at our age, just think about the present moment and the near future. And when we getting old, we’ll have time to think about what we want to do like travel, spent time with family and ect...

baptistebordron

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:42 pm

baptistebordron wrote:I’m not inspired by this subject because we are young peole and we must not already think about this at our age, just think about the present moment and the near future. And when we getting old, we’ll have time to think about what we want to do like travel, spent time with family and ect...

Ageing is going to be central to your lives Baptiste. Who do you think is going to pay for all the retired people over the next 50 years. Will you accept to pay an extra 20% of your salary in tax towards the pensions of others. Do you think that living longer will be as pleasurable when you are old as it is for people now. To think that Ageing is irrelevant to you because you're 20 is very naive.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by LucasWDM Mon Mar 02, 2020 4:45 pm

Getting old is a part of life's process that we got to accept and appreciate. In some ways, we're dying little by little, but also, growing up, becoming more mature..The wisdom does not come with simple age number but with the flow of experiences that we face everyday and how we react to it. For me getting old is ok, waiting to be old is not.

LucasWDM

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaborit Valentin Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:56 pm

Getting old I don't want to be old if I start to have sore joints and if I start to have diseases like parkinson, alzheimer or any other disease that no longer allow me to be independent.
I have the memory of a retirement home where the elderly are almost in a vegetative state and its not what i want to end my life I think I would prefer to die before not being able to do anything anymore.
In addition you see all your friends die if you stay long alive to see family members who are much younger.
It's not a funy periode I think

Gaborit Valentin

Back to top Go down

Post by Grondin Thomas Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:54 am

Hello John,
I read that some people think they Don't want to think at this part of their life because they are young. But for me it is important to think about that, because our food, physical condition they partly condition our future health. If we want to be in good health later we must be careful about these things. Then I try to start today even if it is not easily for the food for example, because lots of good food is expensive...

Grondin Thomas

Back to top Go down

Post by Florian BOUILLAUD Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:34 pm

ld age doesn't scare me. I have always practiced sport and I intend to practice until late and I think that it can allow me to maintain myself physically and to maintain a lifeline.
what I especially don't want is to become like the elderly who are in bad shape, who can no longer do anything alone I prefer to die as much.

Florian BOUILLAUD

Back to top Go down

Post by Dorian Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:25 pm

Getting old arrive to everybody and fastest as we think. Jhon Cox get more and more old and Unfortunately we can see it.. But me too I get old, but i'm not scary about it because everybody say "when we get old, we can't do nothing" but I say " at any age, we can find a new way to enjoy our life"

Dorian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum