UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Week 2 Subject - Travel

+12
Tom Seguin
emiljouannetaud
NOUZILLE Jeanne
idris hamidi
Gaëtan Morin
JulesV3
Blum
Jordan Rak
Aurélie
Evan Rebierre
Julie TORRIANI
Admin
16 posters

Go down

Week 2 Subject - Travel Empty Week 2 Subject - Travel

Post by Admin Mon Sep 21, 2020 12:00 pm

Can someone email me and give me a suggestion for this week's topic so that I can put it up here?

No suggestion, No points. Twisted Evil

Last edited by Admin on Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Subject - Travel Empty Re: Week 2 Subject - Travel

Post by Admin Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:38 pm

Julie has suggested Travel.

It's a nice big topic that maybe you can write something interesting on.

My extra question for you is:

Do you think that travelling for pleasure is irresponsible considering the high amount of damage that travel does the the Earth and its climate?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Julie TORRIANI Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:41 pm

To answer the question "Do you think that travelling for pleasure is irresponsible considering the high amount of damage that travel does the the Earth and its climate?"

I think we can reconcile the two. We can travel for pleasure and at the same time be green and avoid tourism damage to the planet. To do this, you have to try to find a destination that is not a big tourist resort to avoid mass tourism. It is necessary to respect the places, to use the garbage cans and not to throw the waste in the streets or on the beaches. It is also important to limit car trips, so it is better to choose a destination with bike paths to be able to travel by bike to reduce traffic.

Julie TORRIANI

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:03 pm

In 2018, commercial airlines burned 94 billion gallons of fossil fuel globally. Aviation alone also accounts for at least 2 percent of global carbon emissions and the number could actually be higher. Unfortunately, the international and inter-jurisdictional nature of flights means tracking those emissions accurately is incredibly difficult. Planes also leave contrails in the air (lines of condensation) when they fly, and the water vapour further adds to the greenhouse effect—especially over common flight paths.
Admin
Admin
Admin

loreena martin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Evan Rebierre Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:39 pm

To answer you, yes travelling is a big problem for the planet. I don't wan't to defend airlines companies, but during lockdown for example, flights were running even without passengers so that the companies didn't lose the time slots of some important routes. Might as well fill up the planes then.
The problem is then not travel in itself, but how we travel. We could take a boat or even a car but as lazy people we are, we prefer to take a plane with only 10 passengers for 100 sits.
But of course, there are not many ways to travel. If you want to go to Japan when you live in France, you have to take a plane. We have to limit our greenhouse gas emissions by finding new travel solutions, or by limiting our emissions on other points.

Evan Rebierre

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:46 pm

Evan Rebierre wrote:To answer you, yes travelling is a big problem for the planet. I don't wan't to defend airlines companies,  but during lockdown for example, flights were running even without passengers so that the companies didn't lose the time slots of some important routes. Might as well fill up the planes then.
The problem is then not travel in itself, but how we travel. We could take a boat or even a car but as lazy people we are, we prefer to take a plane with only 10 passengers for 100 sits.
But of course, there are not many ways to travel. If you want to go to Japan when you live in France, you have to take a plane. We have to limit our greenhouse gas emissions by finding new travel solutions, or by limiting our emissions on other points.

But why do we need to go to Japan?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Aurélie Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:02 pm

We must not forbid ourselves to travel so as not to degrade our planet. I think we can travel for pleasure even if it causes damage to the earth and its climate. You have to travel the right way. In my opinion, airlines should do less travel with fewer people on a plane, and take off fewer planes to reduce carbon emissions . Then, in the most touristic cities, we should allow only public transport modes,bicycles, scooter and no longer allow the use of the car. We should push the ecological approach as much as possible, recycling all over the world so that people really react to the seriousness of the situation on our planet.

Aurélie

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Rak Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:39 pm

We cannot deny the impact of tourist travel for pleasure on the health of our planet. Obviously the planes are in part the responsible for these degradations with the production of Co2. In addition, tourists are often responsible for pollution and deterioration of the places visited and therefore of our planet. So yes this category of travel is unfortunately irresponsible. But if the consciousness of people would be more intelligent and awake, this travels could have the opposite effect and make it possible to realize that we have a beautiful planet and that we must protect it by changing our daily way of life and our mentality.

Jordan Rak

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Subject - Travel Empty Topic

Post by Blum Fri Sep 25, 2020 5:02 pm

OK so this week topic is about travel. But that's kind of boring so I got what you can call "la flemme" in French (check out translation yourself). So, if it's not about travel, I guess I will talk about showel. That is way more intersting. So I got myself a really nice steel made showel last week cause I got to dig a hole in my yard. We're building a homemade pool, for next summer and I'm in charge of the technical room. But I face some raining issues those days. I started to dig like 2 or 3 meters deep one afternoon. The next day the was 3 hours permanent heavy rain, and guess what?! My technical room evolved into a pool!!

Blum

Back to top Go down

Post by JulesV3 Fri Sep 25, 2020 9:03 pm

Travel, I don't travel a lot in my life, I went to Portugal in plane, in England in plane, and any of my other destinations was by car, of course, I think plane or any traveling way is really bad for climate, like almost everything the Humans do since industrial era.. but that an other subject way bigger.
Traveling is important for commerce, politics, help in case of catastrophe (like traveling to Liban for helping rebuild the damage of explosions some weeks ago. We're in world where tourism is a part of economy, and we know that the economy that's leading our world. We can boycott holidays, tourism or whatever, but it's impossible to prevent all the world to take holidays in an other country, to take plane or anything. I personally think that fast/long travel way (like plains or boat) for tourism should be prohibited but in fact that's impossible to check..

JulesV3

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:24 am

Blum wrote:OK so this week topic is about travel. But that's kind of boring so I got what you can call "la flemme" in French (check out translation yourself). So, if it's not about travel, I guess I will talk about showel. That is way more intersting. So I got myself a really nice steel made showel last week cause I got to dig a hole in my yard. We're building a homemade pool, for next summer and I'm in charge of the technical room. But I face some raining issues those days. I started to dig like 2 or 3 meters deep one afternoon. The next day the was 3 hours permanent heavy rain, and guess what?! My technical room evolved into a pool!!

Shovel Wink
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Sep 26, 2020 10:25 am

JulesV3 wrote:Travel, I don't travel a lot in my life, I went to Portugal in plane, in England in plane, and any of my other destinations was by car, of course, I think plane or any traveling way is really bad for climate, like almost everything the Humans do since industrial era.. but that an other subject way bigger.
Traveling is important for commerce, politics, help in case of catastrophe (like traveling to Liban for helping rebuild the damage of explosions some weeks ago. We're in world where tourism is a part of economy, and we know that the economy that's leading our world. We can boycott holidays, tourism or whatever, but it's impossible to prevent all the world to take holidays in an other country, to take plane or anything. I personally think that fast/long travel way (like plains or boat) for tourism should be prohibited but in fact that's impossible to check..

So Capitalism is more important that the Earth. Capitalism will destroy the earth and therefore itself. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Gaëtan Morin Sat Sep 26, 2020 1:27 pm

Travel is a pleasure and a passion for some people. But faced with the current ecological crisis, we cannot close our eyes. I think you need to learn, for travel and a lot of other things, to just act in a more responsible, measured way. And do not consume without thinking, leaving a minimum of traces in its path. We must therefore travel more slowly or less far, for example. Or even travel less. And I also think it's a question that affects rich people because they are the ones who travel the most.

Gaëtan Morin

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by idris hamidi Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:32 pm

the travel :Displacement of a person who goes to a rather distant place. there are many beautiful places to visit. I would like to visit Japan because I like manga and martial arts a lot and there are also very beautiful landscapes like mon fuji or the city of Osaka ;Or Hawaii because the scenery is incredible I would do lots of things like ..... or even ...... nah in fact just sunbathe and bathe

Last edited by idris hamidi on Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total

idris hamidi

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by NOUZILLE Jeanne Sat Sep 26, 2020 7:42 pm

Traveling with a plane, a boat, even à car is not really good for the plane because this is a mass tourism. This mass tourism is a big problem. People think that earth is a can trash and let their garbage on the beach, on the road or in the ocean. Look what did mass tourism and boats to Venezia. Sure they are an issue of pollution but they also damage the town's fondations.

Let's talk about eco-responsible travel. Indeed, travel can also be eco-responsible. If you travel with your feet or with your bike, you can find interesting place to visit, beautiful camp to sleep in, natural meal to eat. This is eco-responsible and not expensive at all.

NOUZILLE Jeanne

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by emiljouannetaud Sat Sep 26, 2020 9:22 pm

The topic of this week is travel. Traveling is a big opportunity to learn new things, to discover new places, to meet new people. I travel a lot, thanks to pole vault. I'm often traveling to many different cities because of training camps, track and field meets, etc... Because of that, I met a lot of people who came from all around Europe, I met greats athletes, coaches. Also my family travel a lot during holidays. We always do a road-trip with wild camping in a different country almost every year. It's amazing for learning new culture, discover new landscapes. The downside of that is the boring driving moments where there's nothing to see, we're just driving 12h straight on the highway. The gas bill at the end of the travel is pretty high which is bad for the environment and for our bank account. But other than that, traveling is pretty awesome.

emiljouannetaud

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Week 2 Subject - Travel Empty Travel by Tom Seguin

Post by Tom Seguin Sun Sep 27, 2020 12:47 pm

I think that travelling for pleasure is not irresponsible even though it is true that travel, especially abroad, pollutes a lot. But what pollutes the most in the world is the daily road transport. So if travelling for pleasure is irresponsible because of pollution, taking your car to work is irresponsible too. There are plenty of ways to travel for fun that don’t pollute much like bike trips. Doing an activity for pleasure is important for the person’s moral health. It is not irresponsible to want to satisfy one’s well-being

Tom Seguin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:17 pm

I don't think traveling for the pleasure is irresponsible considering the high amount of damage that travel does the the Earth and its climate everytimes. If you travel one time by year, it's "okay" because you won't do enough damage to the earth to detroy her. But if you are the kind of person traveling a lot of times by years, and always using planes or boat, then yes, we can say it's a bit irresponsible.

Ugo B

Back to top Go down

Post by logan Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:34 pm

I think we can travel for fun even if it causes damage to the land. We just have to find a way to travel without it having too much impact on the planet. The problem lies on the means of transport (the plane, the boat ...) these means of transport cause damage to our planet. The trip brings us a lot of knowledge about the country and its culture, travel is a way to change one's vision of things. On the other hand too much travel indeed has consequences on the planet.

logan

Back to top Go down

Post by loreena martin Sun Sep 27, 2020 5:55 pm

Nice subject...!
I think that a lot of people dream of traveling, because it is always a pleasure to go and visit beautiful places (and not just see his house ... every day of his life) proof John loves going to Soulac, it makes him feel elsewhere, he can see other landscapes, discover new places, which makes him travel ... you don't have to cross the planet, take 10 planes to travel and discover new places, live a new adventure, create beautiful memories, meeting new people, sharing things, making memeries. ENJOY
So I think there are different ways to travel, and nowadays with ecology etc we can adapt and travel in another way.

loreena martin

Back to top Go down

Post by LuceGaetan Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:29 pm

Travel is something unique, it is a memory that remains. The trip allows us to discover, to have fun, to decompress ...
And no I don't think the trip is not something irresponsible. Because it is not because we do not travel that the means of transport stop. And that's not what makes the Earth better, either. Since even without traveling most of the people participate in the degradation of the Earth it is a bigger problem which will be extremely difficult to solve.

LuceGaetan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down