UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ugo's APP Topic

2 posters

Go down

Ugo's APP Topic Empty Ugo's APP Topic

Post by Ugo B Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:30 pm

Hi John, so I'll do my APP every week there. To be honest, it took me a lot of times to decide about what I'm going to talk because there is nothing intesresting in my life that I can talk for 45 minutes - 1 hour. So I decided to talk about the video game I played all the week because of distancing classes :
League of Legends.

So, the goal of this game is simple : You have to destroy the ennemy base until they destroy your. It's a 5 versus 5 game, until the game start, everyone choose a "champion", every champions has differents abilities, 4 in total : 3 basics, then one ultimate. So, when the game start, everyone goes on his lane : Someone goes on the "Toplane", someone else goes on the "midlane", two people goes on the "botlane" and the last goes in the "jungle". The jungle is not a lane, but something that separe the top, the mid, and the botlane. This guy is there to helps a laner if he needs help against his opponent, he is doing what we call "ganks", that's mean coming on a lane to kill the opponent. You choose your lane when you wants to search for a game, it ask you to choose a main role and a second role if you can't have your main role. So, when the game start, everyone goes on his lane, the jungle goes on his jungle. There are minions that pops in wave for each teams, you have to try to kill thoses of the other team to gain golds and experiences. Golds allow you to buy equipments that we call "stuff". and everyone starts the game with 500 golds to buy a little stuff. This is important to avoid the other guy to kill the minions, like that he hasn't gold and can't buy better stuff, because if your minions are getting killed by ennemy minions, your opponent doesn't gain golds but only experience, you have to kill the minions by yourself to gain golds. Anyway, the better way to avoid your ennemy to gain golds and experience is to kill him, by yourself, or with a gank from your jungle. Now, I'll talk about the experince, because she is as much important as the golds. When a ennmy minions dies nearly you, you gin experince. This experience allow you to level up, with a level you gain better statistiques and one point that you can put in your abilities to make them better. When you start, you are lvl 1 so you can unblock only one abilitie, it's when you are level 3 that you have your 3 abilities (Only if you choose it of cours, because if you find one of your abilitie weak, you can unblock her later and makes the others better at this time.). For the ultimate, you can unblock her atleast level 6 and makes her begtter lelvel 11 and level 16. There are 18 levels in total. And I forgot to tell, but the jungle's guy doesn't "farm" (We call farm the total of minions that you have killed) minions, in the jungle, there a little monster that he has to kill to gain gold and experience. Okay, now I'll explain how to destroy the ennemy base. You have to know that along all the lanes, there are towers, 3 towers in each lanes to defend your base, and they are not together, but there is one turret, fruther another, and again further another. To destroy them, you can kill your opponent, then start to destroy her because they have a lot of PV, or you can join your mates to destroy them faster. When you destroyed the 3 towers of a lane, you acces to an inihibitor, when you desrtoyed an inhibitor, that makes pops superminions for your teams, they do more damge than the typical minions and they are more "tank" (More your are tanky, more you can take damage from ennemies until die). And after that, there is again 2 towers that protect the nexus, when you destroyed them, you can detroy the nexus and win the game. Now, the last thing I'll talk, it's the objectives there are on the map. There is different objectives on the map to wins, more importants of all are towers, because they block you from the ennemy base, but there is other objectives to incerase your chance of winning : The Drakes, The Elder Drake and the Baron Nashor. So, there is a drake on the map, and if you kill him, he will give you more statistiques. There are 4 differents types of Drakes : Fire, Earth, Winds and Ocean. Each one give you differents power-up. For example, the Fire Drake increase your damage. When you killed a drake, another one will repop 5 minutes after. So if a team has killed 4 drakes until the game is end, a powerfull Drake will pop : The Elder Drake. If a team kill this one, he wills give to this team a bonus of execution. That's mean, if there is a fight between both teams, the one with the Elder Drake will just have to makes the opponents to 20% of their HP (Health Points) to kill them, thanks to the bonus of the Elder Drake. And the last is the Baron Nashor. This is a Big Monster who pops ahfter 20 minutes of a game, and when you kill it, he will boost your minions. That's mean, for example, you can't destroy ennemy tower because they are defending it, and they kill your minions too fast, then you do a nashor, and it will be harder to kills the minions, because they are more tanky, and they do more damage. Thats even means that if you have already destroyed an inhibitor, it will boost your superminions, making them almost impossible to kill for the ennemy team, and will allow you to destroy easily the ennemy base. But of cours, if you try to kill the nashor, the ennemy team will try to kill you when you are doing it, so it's risky because if they kill you until you finish him, they will do it.

So I have finish, I didn't explain everything because it will takes too much times, but I hope you understood atleast what I tried to explain. And sorry for the faults, I'm still drunk from yesterday.

Ugo B

Back to top Go down

Ugo's APP Topic Empty Re: Ugo's APP Topic

Post by Admin Tue Oct 06, 2020 10:32 am

when I had disatncing I was working more than when I'm in class!!!!

If I had time I'd be playing Crusader Kings III my favourite game of the moment.
Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:56 pm

Distancing working doesn't makes me want to work and I know this game by name but it seems it take a lot of time to enjoy.

I’ll do my APP today, I couldn’t do it last week end because I was too drunk and normaly, I’ll do another one this week end if I’m not too drunk again.

So this time, I’ll talk about my favorite serie : Mentalist.

This serie is about Patrick Jane, a man working for the CBI (Californian Bureau of Investigation). If he is working for them, it’s because, before, he pretented to be a medium to gain a lot of money. One day, after have done a spiritual session on a TV show, a presenter asked him what he thinks about a serial killer called « Red John », Patrick replied by saying Red John is a little disgusting man. Of cours, Red John didn’t like that, and when Patrick went home after the show, he found a letter on his bedroom’s door, written by RJ (Red John) and saying that he doesn’t like to be insulted by a little stupid scammer. When Patrick opened his door, he found his wife and daughter killed. That’s why he is working for the CBI, he wants to find and kill RJ. One of the thing I like the most in this serie is Patrick Jane character, I find him really human. Throughout the episodes we see someone that feel guilty, because for him, he is the one that killed his wife and daughter, by cupidity, and he is full of hatred for himself. He reserves his life for only one thing : Kill RJ and nothing else, when he could just move out, try to build another family, but he is unable to do that. He is also a really smart character. He is able to knows things about people just by seeing how they act, he is able to know if you lie or not just by seeing your face expression. He also has a big memory, later in the serie, we learn that Red John is one of the man that he had shake the hand for the last 7 years, and he is able to remember ALL the men that he met and shakes the hand. That’s why he was good as a medium, and even after this life, when he is working for the CBI, a lot of peoples ask him if he is a medium, because they are impressend by his talents. Of cours, he says no and says that medium doesn’t exist. One of the others thing I like, is, in this serie, the scenarist tries to question us about revenge. Is that a good thing or a bad thing ? They are some episodes about revenge, with peoples killing other peoples because they killed someone they loved. For some of them, kill the murderer of someone they loved didn’t change anything, that won’t bring back the loved one, for other it makes them happy and it appeased them.

Ugo B

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:23 pm

This time, I'll talk about my favorite kind of movies : Horrors movies. I have almost seen all the horrors movies that we have to see : Conjuring, Sinister, Rec… I think my favorite is Graves Encounter, I really liked the ambience in the abandonned hospital. But somes are really really bad (to stay polite) like Annabelle’s Saga, hope you will never see thoses trash movies !! Moreover, when I say to someone that I love horrors movies and I’m watching them alone, in the night, they say « Oh you’re crazy dude !!! ». But, can you tell me a better feeling than watching an horror movie alone and in the night ? No you can’t. I find this really exciting, and by watching again and again horrors movies, there is a time that they can’t fear you that much. This is also a little bit funny because when you see how the characters react, you find them dumb as fuck, and you feel really smarter. To be honest, when I see what the characters do in horrors movies, I can just insult them, you have the impression that they only want one thing : Die. They heard a strange noise ? They go see it. They see a strange shadow ? They go see it. They see someone in a room while they are supposed to be alone in the house ? They go see it. Can’t they just run ? I don’t know, but when you see someone in your house, while you are supposed to be alone, furthermore, someone looking more like a dead person than a human, it’s not time to check the house, it’s just time to run. Look at me : one day, I was alone in my house, it was the night, I was in my bedroom, and I don’t know why, but the babyphones turned on by themselves and did stranges noises. Did I went to the dinning room to see why they turned on ? Of cours not. Did I locked my door, turned on the light, and waited that my parents went home ? Of cours I did. And that’s what all the clevers persons are supposed to do !! I think looking a lot of horrors movies make your instint of survival better, when you see stranges things, it’s not time to be a hero, it’s just time to run !! I would like that ghosts, demons, etc exist, because I think it can be cool, but I know one thing : If they do, I’m not the one that will check that.

And you know what ? Speaking about horrors movies makes me want to see one. I'll watch one tonight, with a MacDo.

Ugo B

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Oct 20, 2020 8:26 am

I used to love Horror movies but I've haven't watched one in over 35 years since I met my wife.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Tue Oct 20, 2020 6:37 pm

Women are fearful.

Ugo B

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:26 pm

Hi John. I'll do my APP because if have nothing else to do, thanks to confinement. What a time to be alive. No more gym. Crying or Very sad

Because we are in confinement I'll talk about confinements. It won't be long I guess. It's kinda simple : For the first, I played two video games all allong the confinement : First was Black Desert Online, a MMORPG. There is no really purpose in this game : There is infinite levels for your character, so you just have to kill mobs to get better items. It's the typical game for people I call "no life", spend hours and hours to kill mobs, only to get better items, furthermore, when you finally get them, there is an update with new items better than thoses you just get. But atleast, it allowed me to spend times when my friends wasn't there, I have no friend playing this game so I played alone. The second one is werewolf online, a mobile game, it's like the card game, but managed to play on a phone and online. I played a lot to this game with my friends. We played to this game something like from 1pm to 5am, with some rests between parties. It's kinda sad as life but nothing else to do. I hope this confinement will be better than the first because I lost evertyhing from the gym in first. I lost 7kg (from 65kg to 58) because no gym and a diet terribly bad : I was eating so poorly, something like 100g of pasta per day, and that was for the days I ate the most, otherwise it was like 2 compotes per day. It took me 3 months (june, july and august) to regain what I lost, and they re-establish a confinement only 2 months after my regains ?? Now I'm 70kg, I hope I won't lose that much but I know that without sports, I won't eat a lot and and without gym, I can't maintain my shape for 1 month (And this is in the case this confinement is only for a month), so bad regime + no gym = weightloss. Moreover, I was supposed to have 20/20 in musculation at the university, but confinement so no musculation in university, but even if we are deconfined in december and musculation is maintained (That's seems impossible because it's mean only one week of training then evaluation) I'm not even sur to have 20/20 because one month without training, so I'll lose much. My semester is quite fucked up. Thanks Macron.

Ugo B

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:32 pm

Come on Ugo, I've seen the youtube generation. You've got to lift packets of sugar or cement bags or something.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:35 pm

Too light Sad

Ugo B

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:38 pm

2 bags of sugar or a car?
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Fri Oct 30, 2020 9:46 pm

2 bags sugar too light but car too heavy. And anyways my sport is not really musculation but powerlifting so I have to train specificatly on squat, bench press and deadlift but I don't have stuff for that. Sad

Ugo B

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Oct 31, 2020 9:40 am

Broom handle with weights on each end. Laughing
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Fri Nov 06, 2020 9:58 pm

Weights will breakt that poor broom handle ! And I don't even have weights, I am too poor...

I'll again do an APP , I don't know how many I have to catch up, and it finish 9 november right ?

We are in STAPS and i didn't even talk about my sport, so let's go.

So I'm practicing powerlifting, a strength sport based on three movements : Bench Press, Deadlift and Squat. In competiton, this simple, there are categories according to your weight, and the winner is the one with the biggest score additioning the three movements, imagine you do 100kg bench press, 100kg squat and 100kg deadlift, your score is 300. You have 3 attempts by movement, you can choose the weight for every attempts, even if you failed one attempt, you can try with more weight, but it's advised to try with less weight than you want to do, like that, you have a score for a movement, because if you fail your three attempts, for example, for squat, it's kinda sad, and you just lost the competition. There is a judge which is here to see if you do the correct movement, and if you're not cheating. Personally, I don't do competiton, I'm lazy, I prefer train quietly in my gym and try personal record sometimes. In bench press, I did (talking in the past because now I'm not sur I can do it again, thx Macron...) 120kg, in deadlift I did 190kg and in squat... well, I did 110kg..... It's ridiculous I know, but who likes squat ? No one, except girls that wants a big ass. Before I wasn't training my legs because once, I was training them seriously for a long time, I got injury by doing a squat, I lost everything I gained in legs, so I had no moral to train them again. But since approximately 4-5 months, I retrain them, and obviously, there is again a confinement, bullshit !! The difference between musculation and powerlifting in training is, for musculation, you will do 3-4 sets of 8-12 repetitions, with something like 70% of your maximal strength, to gain muscles, and in powerlifting, you will do between 3 and 5 sets of 3-5 repetitions with 90% of your maximal strength. The thing is that strength's fibers and the fibers to gain muscles are not the same, that's why you train with a different way. Personnaly, I like add somes musculations exercices after my strength exercices, because that permit me to gain mass, and bigger you will be, heavier you will lift. I know, it's a little contradictory with what I said about fibers, but anyways, strength fibers and mass fibers are related, if you work in priority for muscles gains, you will also gain strength, and vice versa, but less than if you were training them specifically. I think, sports related to musculation (Powerlifting and strongman) are the hardest sports in the worlds for two things : First is, you have to go to the gym pratically everyday, and for a long time, even for amateurs. In the others sports, if you are not pro, you won't practice your sport almost everydays, but in ours, you have to. Personally I went to gym 5 days per week, and my sessions lasts between 1h30-2h. Second, which is the hardest thing for me, is you have to eat a lot. Musculation, powerlifting and strongman are the only sports where you have to eat for 2 peoples per day, and every fucking day. I eat like 5-6 times per day, depend on which hours I wake up, two "bigs" meals (something like 300 grams for thoses meals) and 3-4 "little" meals (something like 100g-150g, 200g in rare cases), and I'm (surely was now...) only 70kg !! Imagine how much strongmen have to eat, when they are most of them between 150kg and 200kg ? But even if it's harder, the reason why I do this sport is it feel good to progress every week, every week I was stronger than the one before and it feel absolutly amazing everytimes I break my old record.

Ugo B

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 07, 2020 9:37 am

Hey,

You're supposed to do 7.5hrs of work on the app. And you have until 23/11.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:20 pm

Ooooh, I have times then, thanks.

Ugo B

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:48 pm

Hi John. I'll do one APP today, and one more, maybe two, in the next days and I think my 7h30 works will be finished.

Today, I'll talk about one of my favorite videos games : Dofus.

So, Dofus is a MMORPG and turn-based game, created by Ankama, a french company, launched in 2004. I'm playing this game since I'm a kid, I don't remember when exactly, but I think something like 10 years now, with big breaks sometimes. The purpose in this game is to find six primordial Dofus. In this game, Dragon Eggs are called "Dofus" and there are many, but six of them are called primordial because they are created by six.... primordial Dragons, quite simply. The six primordial Dofus are : Emerald, Purple, Turquoise, Ocher, Ebony and Ivory. In the lore, the one who will find them will be the equal of a God. I have 4 characters, three on one account, and one on another account, I take this one if I'm blocked on a quest with one of the 3 others, because you can play several accounts at the same time in this game. My main character is a "Sacrieur", it's a berserker class, more you will take damages from your ennemies, more you will deal damages and undergo damages from them. I choosed this class when I was a kid because I like his gameplay, I mean, it's really good to see your ennemies hurts you a lot, then you destroy them with big damages, really fun. The thing I li,e the most in this game is his universe. It's a medieval fantasy game, so you can find a lot of monsters, Gods, lands, etc... but it's also a really funny universe, there is a lot of humor in this game, they take real expression, and turn them off with their own universe, and some of them makes me laugh. Also, a lot of people thinks it's a video games for kids, but I disagree. It's true, if you just look the game, it's cartoonesque, funny, a very nice and beautiful world, but if you are intersted by the game, there is also things, that I think, are not for kids. For example, one of the last updates, in a new zone, there are a lot of bloods and dead peoples on the ground, you can also find arms, legs, beheaded peoples... There is also sexual allusion, that kids can't understand, for example a NPC (Non-player character) called Gobmichet, talking about a woman, "I vibrate for her". So I think, yes, a priori, it's a game for kids, but not at all.

Ugo B

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:58 pm

I'm going to give Wastelands 3 a try when I next get free time. I don't think there's any vibrating though.

I'm not a fan of the Japanese animé type games but they seem to have a lot of sexism in them.
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:15 pm

I think, it depend, for example, Ankama, who created dofus, did an anime, in the same universe but decades later, called wakfu, and in this anime, in one episode based on boufbowl, a sport in this universe, comparable to rugby or Foot US in our world, so a nag sport, the best player is a woman, and she is better than everyone else by far.

There is obviously sexim in this kind of games/animes, but not only for women, men are often see like stupid people who just like to eat and fight, so I don't really see that like sexism, but humor, because everyone is attacked. Moreover, there are characters against cliches, like women warrior for example.

Ugo B

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Fri Nov 20, 2020 1:41 pm

Today, I'll talk about the Wakfu license.

So first, I'm going to talk about the game Wakfu. Such as Dofus, Wakfu is a MMORPG and turn-based game, created by Ankama, launched in 2012. This game hapopens hundreds of years after Dofus. The Dofus Era is over since one day, a monster called Ogrest, reunified the six Primordial Dofus, and because of a love story that ended badly, he started to cry. Even until having the six Primordial Dofus, Ogrest had one power : With only one tear, he can cause inundation. Now he gets the six Dofus, all his powers get amplified, and by crying, he flooded the entire world and redrawing the world map. The Gods tried to stop him, but Ogrest was too strong and they lost against him. This is called "The Ogrest Chaos" and we are now in the Wakfu Era. The Wakfu is an energy that every living things in the world had. I didn't play to this game, because I prefer Dofus, but I know one thing : the purpose of this game is to stop Ogrest.
Now, I'm going to talk about the serie Wakfu, which happens after the game. So, in this serie, we follow Yugo, a young "Eliatrop", accompanied by Tristepin, a "Iop", Evangelyne, a "Cra", Ruel a "Enutrof", Amalia, a "Sadida" and later Adamai, a Dragon. The story is quit simple : There are bad people who wants destroy the world for differents reasons. In season 1, it's Nox, a "Xelor", who wants to use the "Eliacube" a powerful artefact, belonging to Yugo people, to bring back the world in the past, because he lost his wife and kids in the Ogrest Chaos, but for that, he needs a lot of Wakfu, and he tries to get it by killing people. In season 2, it's Qilby, which is also an Eliatrop, who tries to fed his ship with Wakfu to return to his planet (because Yugo's peoples don't belong to this planet). And in the season 3, it's a little bit complicated and it will take too much times to explain, because this time, it's not just "good peoples vs bad peoples". Also, between seaon 2 and 3, there are three specials episodes, and they finally beat Ogrest.

This app is over, I'll do my last maybe tonight, if not I'll do it tomorrow.

Ugo B

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Ugo B Sat Nov 21, 2020 8:51 pm

Okay so here is my last app but it's really hard to know about what I'm going to talk. scratch

Okay, after searching since yesterday, I'll talk about my goals for 2021.

First of all and the most important : The gym obviously. I read an article that say gyms will maybe open in january. I hopped they will open in december but I guess for this goverment sport isn't that important, moreover when you know that they plan to maybe allows sports for minors in december, like if minors aren't touched by covid Rolling Eyes So if gyms open in january, I'll first regain what I have lost, I think it will take between one and two months, then after that, I hope at the end of the year, I will reach between 140 and 150kg in bench press, between 160-170kg in squat (I have to work harder for that) and around 220kg in deadlift. I know it's possible, if I avoid as much as possible injuries because I hurt myself often, but I will try my best.
Then it's to get my year. For now on, I have good marks, if I don't fail too much the exams in december, I will valid my first semester. If the second semester is like the first, I guess I'll have my year, but I don't want to talk too much, so we will see.
After that, I want to enjoy my summer. If all this shit with covid is ended for the summer, I swear I'll enjoy it like never. Every week will be parties and nighclub if they are open. I'll lose a lot of money but who cares ? Money is here for that, and if I don't enjoy my life when I'm young, when I will do it ?
And after the summer, if I get my L2, it's L3 in Poitiers, I don't know what this holds for me, but I'll maybe do a flatsharing with a friend if he gets his contest. If he does, it will be a complet mess, but a funny complet mess !

Okay, I have finish my APP, see you next year John !

Ugo B

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat Nov 21, 2020 9:07 pm

cheers
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content