UP English
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The times they are a changin'

2 posters

Go down

The times they are a changin' Empty The times they are a changin'

Post by Admin Wed Sep 30, 2020 2:58 pm

Admin
Admin
Admin

https://upenglish.forumactif.org

Back to top Go down

The times they are a changin' Empty Re: The times they are a changin'

Post by AlexisC Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:22 pm

Times change.

For our generation nothing is less certain than the future, but what is certain is that nothing will ever be the same again.

To begin, the first point I would like to speak is technology. Every innovation can be useful and takes us forward as a civilisation. But if we compare with antiquity, innovations no longer follow one another at the same pace. This is normal, our knowledge and our tools have come a long way over the last 2000 years. The concern is that humans remain animals, as they often tend to forget. Our brain cannot evolve as fast as technology and I believe that we are reaching a point of no return now.

When did technology start replacing us?

I'm talking about the fact that human exchanges tend more and more to take place through screens. That robots can replace workers in factories. That the French administration prefers to close counters in favour of online servers. That people prefer to find a way with google maps rather than ask to a passer for directions. Ect ...

At the moment I have the feeling that people don't realise the extent of this problem. But as always, we will have to wait until we are at the foot of the wall to understand.

At the beginning of the 2000s, technology was seen as something fantastic, something purely positive.

Today, with hindsight, I think that all those innovations also have a negative side. We are always pushed towards more performance, more speed, more efficiency. And what about the ever-increasing population control?

Technology certainly makes our daily lives easier, but do we have to trade more confort for less freedom ?
AlexisC
AlexisC

Admin likes this post

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum